The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Old 03-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #476
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Default Re: The Season 5 Discussion Thread

Hey, when one door closes, another opens. Maybe they could move forward with the live-action series now. I've been thinking about it lately with the news of the Shield spin-off show from the Avengers.

As far as the unseen episodes. I hope with the Season 5 release on DVD/Blu or if they ever do a complete series box set, they'll call the additional eps the "Lost Season/Episodes".

I also wonder what this news means for that Clone Wars MMO-type game.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #477
Donut
Side-Kick

In that video linked above. There is a scene of a future episode thingy. They should end the series with a DTV animated movie & end it right when Episode 3 starts

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #478
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

DTV is probably what will happen.But what if there just regular episodes with no big stories because they didn't know this show was being canned when they were working on it.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #479
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
You know, all this Disney distancing itself from isn't really fair to the newer generations. I mean, yeah, I prefer the originals, but the prequels were entertaining. And many of those who grew up with the prequels are entering their twenties. Clone Wars seem to appeal to families of Star wars fans, from kids to even parents and adults that didn't even like the prequels.
Not necessarily a bad thing that disney wants to start fresh. It's unfortunate that the Clone Wars is going down but honestly, thats what happens when more care is taken in crafting stories and characters for a cartoon than big feature films. I mean I've seen lots of people who dismiss this show just because they didn't like major aspects of the prequels such as Anakins portrayal. IMO it's horrible, but it's understand why they'd want to distance themselves from these films.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #480
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
In that video linked above. There is a scene of a future episode thingy. They should end the series with a DTV animated movie & end it right when Episode 3 starts
Definitely not. The original Clone Wars cartoon already did this exactly. Theres no reason to undo it.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #481
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
Oh, and as I said, this is Disney distancing itself from the prequels.
I really hope that's not the reason behind all of this, because while i'm a fan who saw the OT on the big screen, i love the PT as well. To me SW is all six films and i dont want one alienated over another. It just doesnt sit right with me.

To be honest, i thought (hoped) this CW would end right as Obi-Wan and Anakin learn about the kidnapping of Palpatine and get on their starfighters to go rescue him. Next stop: ROTS. This way the kidnapping itself from the old CW remains intact and the tie the series to the films. But it was only a dream that looks to be shattered

My one last hope is that the new show = LAS.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:31 PM   #482
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Well, Dave said in the past he had hoped to do some stories on Order 66 from the clones point of view. So hopefully we will still get those!

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Spider-Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #483
CGHulk
Green Guy

I"m just curious how we will see the last episodes, will they be on starwars.com? Will they all be released on one blu-ray set? What will the release on blu-ray be titled?

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
CGHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:52 AM   #484
jacobed
Banned User

I wouldn't be surprised if they're just scrapped. Theres probably only a few done.

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:10 AM   #485
smallville fan
Hero

Regarding the cancellation: Yeah it sucks, Cartoon Network lost the show. Did they say it's done for good? or will it pick up on Disney?

I mean Ahsoka's story isn't quite done yet.

I for one would like to see Ahsoka exist in episode 7. Maybe she'll take on a role similar to Vima-Da-Boda in the EU and like I said earlier somewhere they could incorporate her such that those kids who only really know Star Wars by the CW tv series could connect with the sequel trilogy.

I mean who knows what happens to Ahsoka now? Personally it would be interesting to see her as an agent of the Rebel Alliance and helps Luke from afar without using her jedi abilities. This could be because she senses he must do fulfill everything he does in IV-VI?

Or she could even confront Starkiller, which would be even more interesting. Didn't Sam Witwer state that there will be new Force Unleashed games coming out from 2015?(he said around episode 7?). Maybe Ahsoka's involved?

As for anyone who has reservations about an old Ahsoka appearing should consider maybe Carbonite? :P

Edit: So according to IGN, they said that Lucasfilm wanted to do a new animated series happening in a "previously untouched time period" so maybe Ahsoka did survive Order 66 and we now have a show with Ahsoka Tano in the Rebel Alliance?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU14-qjqybQ

Last edited by smallville fan; 03-12-2013 at 01:33 AM.
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:28 AM   #486
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Well, that's really a shame. I hope Filoni and the team still has work somewhere at Disney.

But the cancellation can only mean one thing: Post-RotJ cartoon.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:51 AM   #487
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
Definitely not. The original Clone Wars cartoon already did this exactly. Theres no reason to undo it.
I still would like to see The Clone Wars version of it

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #488
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
I hope so since prior to Disney acquiring the rights to Star Wars from Lucas, the belief was that if any other period in SW would be touched upon in media portrayals, it would be in the years between Episode 3 and 4. It seemed like even back then that no one was really willing to do anything with the events post ROTJ on any type of medium other than books and games.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #489
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Well, that's really a shame. I hope Filoni and the team still has work somewhere at Disney.

I'm thinking more along the lines of in between episodes IV and V. They're already doing the new movies post episode VI, i think they might try to introduce some new stories (and maybe some of the new characters we might see in the new movies) in this way. Who the heck knows what they're up ro though, i'm not sure of anything at all at this point lol.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 03-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #490
Verbal21
Side-Kick

I'd like that too, which would be perfect since the Fett movie takes place in the same time frame, right?

Verbal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #491
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
I still would like to see The Clone Wars version of it
You did, in the clone wars lol. theres no reason to retread this ground, especially with how well done those were compared to 90% of these episodes. I mean just look at a grievous episode in the new show compared to grievous in the old. Grievous just runs away and gets his arms cut up, in the old show he pulled out his lightsabers and threatened Mace Windu. He was a bad ass back then!

Old 03-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #492
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Man, I'd want Ahsoka to be in the new series....

Old 03-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #493
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
You did, in the clone wars lol. theres no reason to retread this ground, especially with how well done those were compared to 90% of these episodes. I mean just look at a grievous episode in the new show compared to grievous in the old. Grievous just runs away and gets his arms cut up, in the old show he pulled out his lightsabers and threatened Mace Windu. He was a bad ass back then!
I agree, regarding how the show should end. The 2003 animated series ended moving directly into Episode III. If nothing else doing the same thing for the current series would just be straight copying.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #494
Fives
Side-Kick

It does kind of suck that TCW is basically cancelled now, but Filoni, and his entire team did such great work on this series. I'll be looking forward to see how Filoni, and his team complete the threads they left open. That Order 66 clip looks so awesome, I need to see the rest of it lol.

Also newsarama has part 1 of an interview with Ashley Eckstein about Ahsoka's exit:http://www.newsarama.com/tv/ashley-e...terview-1.html

Fives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #495
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Why don't they let this show have a sixth season since they have already made some episodes already?

Old 03-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #496
James
Built from Lego

No body outside of the shot-callers at Disney knows for sure.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #497
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

I would of liked just one more season to close out all the loose ends. No wonder Disney didn't want the last 4 episodes shown on CN, the reason we only got 20 episodes this season.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
FCEEVIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #498
Bim
Side-Kick

Havent listened to this yet, but in this link you'll find James Arnold Taylor and Catherine Taber (the voices of Obi-wan and Padme), talking to the Full of Sith podcast.

http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives/49763

STAR WARS: James Arnold Taylor and Cat Taber Discuss the End of The Clone Wars

After yesterday’s news about The Clone Wars, James Arnold Taylor and Catherine Taber, the voices of Obi-wan Kenobi and Padme Amidala, respectively, came onto the Full of Sith podcast to discuss their feelings about the end of the show.

They’ve spent almost a decade working on The Clone Wars and had quite a lot to say about their feelings about the show and the cancellation. For his part, James wrote a letter about his feelings as the show coming to an end and it’s really something that ought to be read. But afterwards, there were still things he had to say.

James and Cat talked about what the plan for The Clone Wars was (8 seasons!), what they would have liked to see happen with the final seasons (ABCs next to Once Upon a Time!) and what their experience with the show over the course of their career has been like.

Yesterday was an emotional day for Star Wars fans and this conversation was exactly what I needed to feel better about things. It’s really something that just needs to be heard. Here are the official show notes for the episode:
Quote:
With yesterday’s news of the cancellation of Star Wars: The Clone Wars it’s as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. In this special episode, James Arnold Taylor (the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi) and Catherine Taber (the voice of Padme) join Mike, Bryan, and Consetta in their first post-Clone Wars interview to share their stories of the show and their hopes for the future of Star Wars.

If you like the show, please leave us an iTunes review and share us with your friends and family! We’d greatly appreciate it.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #499
Paradox1
Side-Kick

That sucks I can't believe they cancelled the clone wars.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #500
Marvolo
Side-Kick

8 seasons! Way to be a bunch of ****s, Disney. Ugh this puts off the whole hype train for a while. Let this be a notice that Disney will put money before the fans. Its expected in the business, but this should be a wakeup call that tradition and love have given way to practical profit minded decisions. Don't assume that disney will cater to tradition and do stuff like George did. Damnit even when we win we lose.

Last edited by Marvolo; 03-12-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote