Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Old 01-09-2013, 02:47 AM   #101
NJCaliboi
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Season 5 Discussion Thread

2013 early rating news:

via press release:

Cartoon Network
Across the first week of January 2013, Cartoon Network ranked as television’s #1 network for Total Day delivery of boys 6-11, & 9-14, and #1 in Early Prime (7-9 p.m.) delivery of boys 9-14. Scoring double-digit delivery gains compared the same week in 2012, Total Day delivery of kids 2-11 grew by 20%, kids 6-11 by 33% and kids 9-14 by 33%.

Ranking #1 for boys 6-11 & 9-14 vs. all other networks on Monday, Thursday and Friday Night (7-9 p.m.), Cartoon Network’s Friday night programming line-up grew target kids/boys demos by double digits across the board, ranging between 19% and 96% vs. the same week last year.

Saturday Morning (7-11 a.m.) animated action-adventure programming was up double digits across all key kids and boys vs. last year, ranging between 12% and 36%. Premiere episodes of original series Ben 10: Omniverse (9 a.m.), Star Wars: The Clone Wars (9:30 a.m.), Green Lantern (10 a.m.) and Young Justice: Invasion (10:30 a.m.) grew by double and triple digits across kids/boys 2-11, 6-11 & 9-14, ranging between 33% and 119%.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

NJCaliboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #102
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Sorry, but this have to be the worst story arc in all the seasons. imo Not enjoying it at all.

I can't wait to start a new arc.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
FCEEVIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #103
James
Built from Lego

I'm watching the latest episode right now, pretty disappointed to see it's another one involving the droids and the colonel/general fellow, whatever he is. I was hoping the New Year would bring us back to the good stuff, alas. I skipped ahead with the intention of skipping the whole episode, but noticed the new Clone character who looks interesting so I'll watch, or half pay attention anyway.

I hope this episode marks the end of this story arc, it's been a real pile of stink. Even the political and Jar Jar focused episodes have at least been somewhat interesting. These last few episodes honestly seem like the regular writers took a break and let someone else fill in for some reason.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:05 AM   #104
Drakepool
Side-Kick

While I did enjoy "A Sunny Day in the Void", yeah, this arc was definitely the weakest of this season.

Drakepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #105
James
Built from Lego

This Week's Episode...

We're still following the stupid colonel and the GOD DAMN DROIDS?!

5 Episodes of this crap now! Holy hell. Gimmie Jar Jar or politics or...I don't know...a romance episode between Anakin and Padme! Anything but these stupid characters for nearly a quarter of the season. Geeeez.

I'm sure plenty of people could write this ranting off as Nerd Rage, but you have to appreciate that I honestly believe it's one of the best, well written and entertaining shows on TV. Compared to it's usual standard this last arc has been a huge nosedive in it's quality.

So anyway, I skipped forward until I saw some Jedi show up about 15 minutes into the 22 minutes of the episode. The last 5 minutes or so were pretty good, it really seemed like they finally wrapped up the business with WAC and the colonel and R2 got to kick some butt.

Here's to next week being a return to the good stuff.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #106
Drakepool
Side-Kick

4 episodes, actually. Though considering how long it's been stretched out, I can't really blame you for thinking it's been longer.

And yes, that is Nerd Rage. Not that it's unjustified Nerd Rage.

Fortunately, next week's episode is the "Mauldalore" arc which I expect will be awesome.

Drakepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #107
James
Built from Lego

Wow, you're right -it has only been four episodes. Sure as hell felt like five. Still, four episodes too many in my opinion.

So glad it's over

Old 01-13-2013, 03:23 AM   #108
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

It seemed like they only needed 2 episodes to tell this story,but insisted on dragging it out for longer.The most interesting part was when they found the amnesiac clone trooper,but he was ultimately an incidental footnote.I was hoping they would actually do something with him.

Human Torch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #109
Destructus86
Side-Kick

This current season is by far the weakest. Mainly the four part droid episode...too much comedy.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #110
James
Built from Lego

And it wasn't even funny!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #111
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Just dreadful.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
FCEEVIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #112
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Every season seems to do this though, give strong opener and decent few first episodes, then the middle of the seasons have been decent to terrible, then we got fantastic episodes rounding out the last half of the season.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #113
James
Built from Lego

It's never, ever been this bad. The worst we ever had prior to this crap (in my opinion) were the politic-heavy episodes. Even the Jar Jar episodes were basically alright, depending on your tolerance for Jar Jar. This last arc could have been wrapped up in a single episode, two at the most.

On a bright note, according to the Facebook update it appears this weeks episode will return us to the story of Maul and Savage. Should be exciting, I think they've done a great job making the two characters out be full-blown monsters. Even the Jedi are apprehensive to take them on.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #114
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Check Out Two Clips From the Next Episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #115
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
It's never, ever been this bad. The worst we ever had prior to this crap (in my opinion) were the politic-heavy episodes. Even the Jar Jar episodes were basically alright, depending on your tolerance for Jar Jar. This last arc could have been wrapped up in a single episode, two at the most.

On a bright note, according to the Facebook update it appears this weeks episode will return us to the story of Maul and Savage. Should be exciting, I think they've done a great job making the two characters out be full-blown monsters. Even the Jedi are apprehensive to take them on.
Actually I'll agree, the droid episodes have bored me to tears. First episodes in a long time I couldn't sit through all the way, except the Gregor episode.

Also, really happy we are getting Maul and Death Watch. sounds like a great episode coming up. I can't wait for the Sidious confrontation. Really hoping we don't lose Maul. I don't want him to be a hanging plot thread or anything, and I'm not pushing for him in the sequel trilogy or anything, but Maul finally has character, and while I guess I don't care too much if Savage goes, I want Maul to stick around for a while.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #116
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

I miss the wonderful female plotlines from the earlier seasons.

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #117
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
Actually I'll agree, the droid episodes have bored me to tears. First episodes in a long time I couldn't sit through all the way, except the Gregor episode.

Also, really happy we are getting Maul and Death Watch. sounds like a great episode coming up. I can't wait for the Sidious confrontation. Really hoping we don't lose Maul. I don't want him to be a hanging plot thread or anything, and I'm not pushing for him in the sequel trilogy or anything, but Maul finally has character, and while I guess I don't care too much if Savage goes, I want Maul to stick around for a while.
I'm really enjoying Maul's character too. We were supposed to believe he was a bad ass in Episode One because... we were basically told he was. They're doing a great job of putting some actual credit to his fearful reputation. I enjoy the aristocratic way he speaks, and the quick domineering of Savage was great.

ericadawn, which episodes are you referring to specifically? I'm trying to recall but nothings leaping out at me. Do you mean the ones that followed Ahsoka?

Old 01-17-2013, 12:47 AM   #118
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

At least the last episode had some kind of stakes (Anakin and Obi). But I'm so glad this s**t is over.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:58 AM   #119
Hellion
He's Not Serious

I think the droid arc could have worked just with the 1st and last episode. While that means no Gregor (sidenote with the actual episode--which upset me, he was totally wasted). .

and I'll agree with TheDreamMaster, the seasons start off strong, as we get to the middle it drags (I still remember Season 3--IIRC, we got The Adventures of Padme and the Politicians for a while before we got The Nightsisters and Savage)---back on topic to the middle-get some filler, some important stuff, but always finish on a strong note...

Old 01-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #120
Fives
Side-Kick

Man I'm so far behind on what's been happening so far this season lol. I've only seen I think the first two or three episodes. How many have aired so far?

Fives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #121
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fives View Post
Man I'm so far behind on what's been happening so far this season lol. I've only seen I think the first two or three episodes. How many have aired so far?
13 so far. I'd suggest catching up with the first 9, then skipping the entire Droid arc and starting fresh with this upcoming Saturdays episode. You won't miss anything by skipping the Droid arc (episodes 10-13).

Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #122
Fives
Side-Kick

Quote:
13 so far. I'd suggest catching up with the first 9, then skipping the entire Droid arc and starting fresh with this upcoming Saturdays episode. You won't miss anything by skipping the Droid arc (episodes 10-13).
Cool, thanks man. I can't believe I've missed so much. It was much easier watching them when they came on Friday nights.

Fives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #123
Verbal21
Side-Kick

If you ask me, the only episode worth watching was the season opener. You can skip episodes 2-12 since they're just filler episodes.

Verbal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #124
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

Now THAT'S the Clone Wars I have been waiting for!!! Maul! ("that Sith pretender Dooku"...awesome!) Death Watch! Jabba! My boy Embo! The only thing missing was Cad Bane! I honestly don't remember the last time I enjoyed a Clone Wars episode this much...the writing, the voice acting, the animation...everything was outstanding. Great job by Dave and his entire crew!

OnTheAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #125
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Wow, you're right -it has only been four episodes. Sure as hell felt like five. Still, four episodes too many in my opinion.

So glad it's over
I wouldn't say four episodes too many. But the D-Squad arc would have worked as a one-shot episode as opposed to a four episode arc. It's a fun concept, but it dragged on way too long to the point where you were begging for it to be over.