Yup!

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:21 AM   #177
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Season 5 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
Kinda sad to see Visla go.I hate losing a good villain.(although I must admit I think Ventress has outlived her usefullness at this point)But he went out pretty cool against Maul.

I miss seeing Maul with the double bladed saber.Is Savage the only one who'll use one now?
^
But Maul now has a black lightsaber.

GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #178
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
Loved the new episode. Wondering though, is Maul going to die? I don't want Maul to die.
Funny thing, I never really liked Maul on PT movies, but damn I am now on the Maul bandwagon. I also hope he doesn't die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Which is fine, changing networks isn't a big deal as long as the show carries on.
As long as DX doesn't sensor the show and we lose scenes like beheadings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I miss seeing Maul with the double bladed saber.Is Savage the only one who'll use one now?
The double bladed saber is now a thing of the past for Maul, just like his original legs.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
FCEEVIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #179
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEEVIPER View Post
Funny thing, I never really liked Maul on PT movies, but damn I am now on the Maul bandwagon. I also hope he doesn't die.
How can he live though? In terms of the movies, he's never seen/heard of again. It would be odd if he just hides for a gazillion years again and pops up somewhere lol. I think (hope) he will bite the dust either by Sidious or Obi-Wan (again). Da Maul must die!

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #180
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
^
But Maul now has a black lightsaber.
That does look pretty sweet,I gotta say.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #181
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

OK, I have said in previous posts that I was against Darth Maul's return. But, I have to admit, they are really knocking it out of the park with this arc!

So, after this episode, is it possible they may be setting it up for Darth Maul to redeem himself before his death...?

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Spider-Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #182
Indy1Jones
Agent Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
OK, I have said in previous posts that I was against Darth Maul's return. But, I have to admit, they are really knocking it out of the park with this arc!

So, after this episode, is it possible they may be setting it up for Darth Maul to redeem himself before his death...?
It could be.

Indy1Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #183
Marvolo
Side-Kick

That was so awesome!!! So much epicness in 20 minutes. Satine Emperor I also think they are setting up Maul's redemption with Obi-wan trying to get through to him. I dont think he will become a goody good or anything like that but in his own way he is going to redeem himself. Oh, and that shot of the door opening and the battle unfolding in front of obi-wan was great.

Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #184
OptimusPrime114
Side-Kick

What an episode!

First, the reference to ANH when Obi-Wan tricked a Mandalorian for assistance, then knocked him out and stole his armor.

Then, the death of Duchess Satine at the hands of Darth Maul. As if killing Qui-Gon wasn't enough pain for Obi-Wan.

Next, the duel between Sidious and the Nightbrothers.

Finally, the revelation that Bo-Katan was Satine's sister!

....wow!

Old 02-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #185
Verbal21
Side-Kick

^ Don't forget how Maul said "I feel a presence I've not felt since..." There was so many homages in this episode. But I can finally say a have a #1 most favorite episode in this series

Verbal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #186
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

so two big deaths in this episode right? also how did Maul feel about his brothers demise?

Old 02-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #187
Paradox1
Side-Kick

That was amazing I was literally on the edge of my seat throughout the episode. This season is not holding anything back there have been more deaths in the last episodes then I can remember for the past four seasons. There were so many great moments, what am I talking about this entire arc has been spectacular. I now wonder what are Sidious plans with Darth Maul I can't imagine he's gonna take this defeat lying down.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #188
James
Built from Lego

I'll ring the same bell as everyone else and say that they really outdid themselves this time around. The entire episode just got better and better. When Maul and Palpatine threw down I cranked the volume up.

A brilliant episode in what is shaping up to be one of the best, if not the best, story arc yet.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #189
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Brilliant episode, I loved Obi-Wan's plan to rescue Satine on his own using his Rako Hardeen disguise, and both the nods to ANH were nice. The aerial action with the Mando's had some glorious shots, the type of stuff I've always wanted to see.

Satine's death was hard to watch. It's amazing the emotion the animator's generated, and after killing her I don't think Maul lives, I guessed Bo-Katan was Satine's sister and in the end I think she kills Maul when he's prone.

Speaking of Bo-Katan, I loved the sequence when she rescued Obi-Wan on the landing deck, great action.

Maul and Oppress vs Darth Sidious was glorious, just so dynamic and powerful, that's two incredible Llightsaber duels in two eps!

It's going to be interesting to see what Palpatine's plans for Maul are.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #190
Bim
Side-Kick

Fantastic episode, simply top notch. Among the best episodes the show has come up with ever

I loved the little wink-wink moments too, like Obi-Wan in armor disguise (after tricking the guy) going to a cell to rescue the girl, and Maul and his "I sense something... a presence I have not felt since...", very ANH like

Sidious vs the brothers was awesome. I do wonder what Sidious has planned for Maul. Is it possible that Maul will die a redeemed man somehow? I even felt bad for him in the end.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 02-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #191
Verbal21
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
Is it possible that Maul will die a redeemed man somehow? I even felt bad for him in the end.
I sure hope not, if they're able to make you feel bad for him, that's one thing and I completely understand that it's only done to make you remember how much more evil Palpatine is, but George dropping the ball on him almost 15 years ago and then all the hard work they did on the show to make him credible again would feel "cheapened" if he got the whole redemption schtick at the end or did something to sacrifice himself to help Obi Wan live or something.

He even said it himself that the Nightsisters didn't take him like they did Savage, he volunteered because he was just that evil. They should let him be evil and die on his own terms. No heroic nonsense.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:55 AM   #192
James
Built from Lego

I'm sad Savage got taken out this early. If either of the brothers could have turned to the light side, I think it would have been him. I'm hoping Maul goes down hard and as evil as ever.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #193
Marvin
Side-Kick

my dear goodness this last ep delivered.

How simple would it be to get the writers of this show to handle the new movies...oh that's right, hollywood loves their writers.

The one thing that has always annoyed me about the Jedi is that they never bring enough back up so often. I suppose the writers sometimes cover their grounds, people are on other missions or in this case Obi is on a secret mission, but it seems more often than not that sooooo many problems would be solved if they have but only one more jedi on the scene.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #194
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
That was so awesome!!! So much epicness in 20 minutes. Satine Emperor I also think they are setting up Maul's redemption with Obi-wan trying to get through to him. I dont think he will become a goody good or anything like that but in his own way he is going to redeem himself. Oh, and that shot of the door opening and the battle unfolding in front of obi-wan was great.
Oh, definitely. It would be something along the lines of him sacrificing himself to save Obi-Wan and/or thwart Sidious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime114 View Post
What an episode!

Finally, the revelation that Bo-Katan was Satine's sister!

....wow!
So, does that mean Korky (Corky?) is Bo-Katan's son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post

Sidious vs the brothers was awesome. I do wonder what Sidious has planned for Maul. Is it possible that Maul will die a redeemed man somehow? I even felt bad for him in the end.
A lot of that had to do with Obi-wan's comment to Maul about it not being his choice to be evil and then Savage's parting words to Maul as he died. Like I said, I hated Maul coming back as it felt like just fanboy service, but Dave Filoni and company have shown they really know what they are doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal21 View Post
I sure hope not, if they're able to make you feel bad for him, that's one thing and I completely understand that it's only done to make you remember how much more evil Palpatine is, but George dropping the ball on him almost 15 years ago and then all the hard work they did on the show to make him credible again would feel "cheapened" if he got the whole redemption schtick at the end or did something to sacrifice himself to help Obi Wan live or something.

He even said it himself that the Nightsisters didn't take him like they did Savage, he volunteered because he was just that evil. They should let him be evil and die on his own terms. No heroic nonsense.
As far as "cheapened," how'd you feel about Maul cowering and begging to Sidious at the end?

This is probably my favorite episode of the season (probably up there for series as well).

Old 02-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #195
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
The one thing that has always annoyed me about the Jedi is that they never bring enough back up so often. I suppose the writers sometimes cover their grounds, people are on other missions or in this case Obi is on a secret mission, but it seems more often than not that sooooo many problems would be solved if they have but only one more jedi on the scene.
Obi-Wan went directly against the Jedi directive by going to Mandalore. Must be hanging around Anakin too much.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #196
Verbal21
Side-Kick

Quote:
As far as "cheapened," how'd you feel about Maul cowering and begging to Sidious at the end?
With all the homages to the movies in this episode, I just thought he was doing the exact same thing Sidious did in ROTS begging for his life. I figured he was just doing that to try to buy some time to come up with something. I was actually expecting him to use the force to grab a lightsaber and try to strike Palpatine one more time but that lightning changed things.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #197
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

I loved the background where Maul and Sidious went one-on-one. That image in the background was like Guernica with Jedi and Mandalorians

Old 02-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #198
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh, definitely. It would be something along the lines of him sacrificing himself to save Obi-Wan and/or thwart Sidious.
Yeah, this is what i meant when i said i could see Maul maybe redeeming himself somewhat before dying. I dont expect Maul to turn into a saint, but actually doing something like this before dying, not to help Obi-Wan and the jedi, but to take revenge on Sidious. Betrayal is the way of the sith. If Maul resented Sidious before, imagine now after that humiliation.

Quote:
A lot of that had to do with Obi-wan's comment to Maul about it not being his choice to be evil and then Savage's parting words to Maul as he died. Like I said, I hated Maul coming back as it felt like just fanboy service, but Dave Filoni and company have shown they really know what they are doing!
True. It was just an emotional episode for sure.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #199
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal21 View Post
With all the homages to the movies in this episode, I just thought he was doing the exact same thing Sidious did in ROTS begging for his life. I figured he was just doing that to try to buy some time to come up with something. I was actually expecting him to use the force to grab a lightsaber and try to strike Palpatine one more time but that lightning changed things.
That's the impression I got too. Maul doesn't seem the type to beg or plead under any circumstances, it definitely seemed like he was buying time so he could make another move.

Oh! When Palpatine told Maul that he is "no longer my apprentice" and that he had "found another", I'm guessing that was a reference to Anakin, right? I rambled through my brain-index quickly to try and think of who it might be. Unless there is some other character they haven't introduced yet (which would be cool!) I can only think he's talking about Anakin.

Last edited by James; 02-03-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #200
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Dooku