The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #101
Joker's Lackey
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 461
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
Just being realistic using deaging technology is very expensive and potentially distratcting. See Magneto and Xavier from X-men 3. Tron didn't use and all CG Bridges but a digital face replacement, Ie another actor played the part and tried to match Bridges performance. His head was then replaced with a digital head of Bridges. From practical standpoint it seems like a an awful lot of extra work in an already vfx heavy film to perform head replacements for 4 or 5 main cast members. I don't care how much money or how far the technology has come it seems like a bit much.

Plus compared with the new Star Trek which was very well received recasting doesn't seem to be a big issue if they choose the right cast. They could have used the elaborate techniques to have Kirk and Spoke portrayed digitally by Nemoy and Shatner but of course that would've been distracting and pointless. Replacing an actor is not as big a deal as some make it out to be. It all boils down to what story they tell.

So far it's clear they are not going to follow any plots already established in the novels. So casting the solo twins etc seems pointless. If they move forward they could use the original actors as age appropriate versions of themselves. If however they are only moving a few years from Return then just recast. But do it with the same care that Abrams took with Star Trek. Find actors that will try to embody the character properly with resorting to simple imitation. The new Captain Kirk and Spock are so spot on. Actors can be effectively recast. Just saying.
They did that cause they had to de-age Bridges 20-30 years. We don't need to get that far, we are looking at 10 years. Practical make-up(plus some weight loss training for Hamill and Fisher) then use Digital effects to finish the de-age process and your done. It could be similar to Benjamin Button. I just feel recasting isn't needed.

Joker's Lackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #102
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,492
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Now that Liam Hemsworth has been mentioned as a Jedi, I'd like to see Chris Hemsworth as either a Jedi, Bounty Hunter, or smuggler like Han.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Ant-Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #103
OptimusPrime114
Side-Kick
 
OptimusPrime114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,768
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Now that Liam Hemsworth has been mentioned as a Jedi, I'd like to see Chris Hemsworth as either a Jedi, Bounty Hunter, or smuggler like Han.
Dash Rendar, anyone?


__________________
Classic Trilogy + Prequel Trilogy + Expanded Universe = STAR WARS!
OptimusPrime114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #104
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool
 
Daybreak_st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,623
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker's Lackey View Post
They did that cause they had to de-age Bridges 20-30 years. We don't need to get that far, we are looking at 10 years. Practical make-up(plus some weight loss training for Hamill and Fisher) then use Digital effects to finish the de-age process and your done. It could be similar to Benjamin Button. I just feel recasting isn't needed.
I think you misunderstood. I'm saying recast if you're making luke in his 20s, 30s or 40s. If however they have an older Luke then make-up would be enough. I think you have to be realistic about the weight loss though. We're not talking about thriving actors who are constantly adjusting their appearance for films. We're talking about people who have been out of the game for a while or have only done small roles and voice acting. I honestly doubt either Fisher or Hamill would be motivated to all of a sudden get in great shape to reprise their roles. They are fine with how they look. It's realistic.

Only recast if necessary is all I'm saying. If you're picking up a few years after Return then you have to recast.

__________________
Check out my blog for art updates http://stephenscomicgenius.blogspot.com

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages


Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #105
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool
 
Daybreak_st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,623
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Expensive... for Disney, that is not a problem. Potentially distracting... X-Men 3 was made a few year's back and technology has improved since then. I don't see a problem, plus it's not like they should de-age Hamill as much as they did to Erik and Charles in X3.
Don't mistake "we can afford it" with "it's a good idea to do it". I get what you're saying just don't expect them to spend lots of money on unnecessary things. Honestly deaging is unnecessary I think as long as the real ages are close to the characters that's fine. But if you're talking about picking up shortly after Return ended they you have to recast.

__________________
Check out my blog for art updates http://stephenscomicgenius.blogspot.com

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages


Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #106
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,492
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
Don't mistake "we can afford it" with "it's a good idea to do it". I get what you're saying just don't expect them to spend lots of money on unnecessary things. Honestly deaging is unnecessary I think as long as the real ages are close to the characters that's fine. But if you're talking about picking up shortly after Return ended they you have to recast.
It would be a good idea, and I don't think recasting is necessary.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Ant-Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #107
Blackman
King Kong
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 13,178
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

so recasting isnt necessary, but using technology that costs a good deal of money to use and that is far from perfected in order to bring back an actor who is out of shape and isnt needed in the context of the story (a young looking Jeff Bridges worked in the context of Tron Legacy) is necessary?

I dont think so.

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #108
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,492
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

We don't need a Luke to look super young, just cut a few years off and we're good. Because it's so minor, it won't be as drastic as Tron or X3, plus they have one of the best visual effects companies working with them. Once again, I don't see a problem. Nothing should be hard about removing a few wrinkles and things like that. Hamill can also work out to drop some pounds, because you know he would if it's for Star Wars.

Recasting Luke is unnecessary.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Ant-Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #109
Blackman
King Kong
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 13,178
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
We don't need a Luke to look super young, just cut a few years off and we're good. Because it's so minor, it won't be as drastic as Tron or X3, plus they have one of the best visual effects companies working with them. Once again, I don't see a problem.

Recasting Luke is unnecessary.
20 years isnt a few years. It's almost as much as they did with Bridges in TL.

It depends. If Luke is a huge part of the story, participating in action scenes and whatnot then I dont see a point of bringing Hamill back.

If he is a smaller supporting role and isnt in the films as much then I say the deaging is fine.

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #110
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,492
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
20 years isnt a few years. It's almost as much as they did with Bridges in TL.

It depends. If Luke is a huge part of the story, participating in action scenes and whatnot then I dont see a point of bringing Hamill back.

If he is a smaller supporting role and isnt in the films as much then I say the deaging is fine.
Hamill is fully capable of doing action scenes with the CGI that we have today. Look what they did with Palpatine and Dooku in Episode 3 and think about a more advanced version of that technology.

Fans would go absolutely crazy seeing Luke Skywalker cut loose in combat. I'm not saying I want him on the main adventure with a (preferably) new cast, but if he's apart of a rescue mission or has to defend himself against a sudden attack that would be cool to see. He can also do things like training sessions.

Seriously, unless Hamill dies I don't see the point of a recast.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Ant-Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #111
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool
 
Daybreak_st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,623
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Hamill is fully capable of doing action scenes with the CGI that we have today. Look what they did with Palpatine and Dooku in Episode 3 and think about a more advanced version of that technology.

Fans would go absolutely crazy seeing Luke Skywalker cut loose in combat. I'm not saying I want him on the main adventure with a (preferably) new cast, but if he's apart of a rescue mission or has to defend himself against a sudden attack that would be cool to see. He can also do things like training sessions.

Seriously, unless Hamill dies I don't see the point of a recast.

Again you're missing the point. If Luke is suppose to be 35 years old do you still think recasting isn't necessary?

Hamill is fine if Luke is suppose to be older, no problem. But if you need a young Luke then why fight the recasting? It's like complaining "why didn't they use de-aging software so Shatner could play the young Kirk in Star Trek...blasphemy!!!"

Also may I add that Palapine never and I repeat never looked good in battle. Having the older characters doing flips and crap was just stupid and contradicted the fight between Vader and Obi-wan in the original trilogy. There is no reason to make old characters flip around like they are young. Most of that flash isn't necessary in saber fight anyway. I'd rather assume that the older you get the more skilled you are you don't need all the flash. You can see the opening and strike etc. Dooku was ok but even he was in better shape than Hamill is now. Just saying.

Does anyone have a picture of what he and Fisher currently look like? Because the last time I saw Hamill he made a guest appearance on Chuck season 5 and he was pretty big.

__________________
Check out my blog for art updates http://stephenscomicgenius.blogspot.com

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages



Last edited by Daybreak_st; 11-01-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #112
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,492
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
Again you're missing the point. If Luke is suppose to 35 years old do you still think recasting isn't necessary?

Hamill is fine if Luke is suppose to be older, no problem. But if you need a young Luke then why fight the recasting? It's like complaining "why didn't they use de-aging software so Shatner could play the young Kirk in Star Trek...blasphemy!!!"
Not really, it's nothing like complaining about Star Trek. Star Trek was a reboot and Pine was playing a Kirk that literally just started out, unlike Episode 7 which would be a continuation of the story and feature a middle-aged Luke.

Recasting is unnecessary imo. Now, let's move along.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Ant-Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #113
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,492
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
Also may I add that Palapine never and I repeat never looked good in battle. Having the older characters doing flips and crap was just stupid and contradicted the fight between Vader and Obi-wan in the original trilogy. There is no reason to make old characters flip around like they are young. Most of that flash isn't necessary in saber fight anyway. I'd rather assume that the older you get the more skilled you are you don't need all the flash. You can see the opening and strike etc. Dooku was ok but even he was in better shape than Hamill is now. Just saying.
I don't think it's stupid at all, and I disagree. Palpatine and Yoda looked bad ass in their fight scenes. Age is only a small part of it when you have the force flowing through your body. Now, when they get extremely old like Yoda later did and the Emperor, I can understand the lack of acrobatics and things in fights. Luke shouldn't be that old yet. Personally, I thought all of their moves were fantastic and regardless of Dooku being in better shape he was still an old man in filiming. CGI goes a long way in those situations.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Ant-Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 11-01-2012 at 01:43 PM.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #114
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool
 
Daybreak_st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,623
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Not really, it's nothing like complaining about Star Trek. Star Trek was a reboot and Pine was playing a Kirk that literally just started out, unlike Episode 7 which would be a continuation of the story and feature a middle-aged Luke.

Recasting is unnecessary imo. Now, let's move along.
Agree to disagree I guess. And you are aware this is a...recasting thread right?

__________________
Check out my blog for art updates http://stephenscomicgenius.blogspot.com

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages


Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #115
Joker's Lackey
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 461
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
I think you misunderstood. I'm saying recast if you're making luke in his 20s, 30s or 40s. If however they have an older Luke then make-up would be enough. I think you have to be realistic about the weight loss though. We're not talking about thriving actors who are constantly adjusting their appearance for films. We're talking about people who have been out of the game for a while or have only done small roles and voice acting. I honestly doubt either Fisher or Hamill would be motivated to all of a sudden get in great shape to reprise their roles. They are fine with how they look. It's realistic.

Only recast if necessary is all I'm saying. If you're picking up a few years after Return then you have to recast.
That I agree with

Joker's Lackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #116
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool
 
Daybreak_st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,623
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I don't think it's stupid at all, and I disagree. Palpatine and Yoda looked bad ass in their fight scenes. Age is only a small part of it when you have the force flowing through your body. Now, when they get extremely old like Yoda later did and the Emperor, I can understand the lack of acrobatics and things in fights. Luke shouldn't be that old yet. Personally, I thought all of their moves were fantastic and regardless of Dooku being in better shape he was still an old man in filiming. CGI goes a long way in those situations.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
How to explain old Obi-wan vs Vader then? Obi-wan was probably Dooku's age.

__________________
Check out my blog for art updates http://stephenscomicgenius.blogspot.com

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages


Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #117
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool
 
Daybreak_st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,623
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker's Lackey View Post
That I agree with
You are a wise man

__________________
Check out my blog for art updates http://stephenscomicgenius.blogspot.com

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages


Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #118
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,492
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
How to explain old Obi-wan vs Vader then? Obi-wan was probably Dooku's age.
Obi-Wan vs. Vader was the best they could do with the technology at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
Agree to disagree I guess. And you are aware this is a...recasting thread right?
When you say agree to disagree, did you mean the ST/SW comparison? The Star Trek thing didn't make any sense when comparing it to the current plan for SW. If you were saying agree to disagree about the recasting situation, then never mind that.

Yes, I'm very aware. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Ant-Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 11-01-2012 at 01:54 PM.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #119
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool
 
Daybreak_st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,623
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Obi-Wan vs. Vader was the best they could do with the technology at the time.
In retrospect it just doesn't connect. Hey that rhymed heh.

Quote:


When you say agree to disagree, did you mean the ST/SW comparison? The Star Trek thing didn't make any sense when comparing it to the current plan for SW. If you were saying agree to disagree about the recasting situation, then never mind that.

Yes, I'm very aware. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it.
Despite how you feel, recasting is inevitable if they make Luke young enough. Can't get around it. And Star Trek is just as iconic of a franchise with the same actors occupying the roles for years. And it was successfully recast was a box office success brought in new fans etc. That is what disney will be looking at. It was done successfully with a similar franchise and no one threw a fit or boycotted it. Why? Because it wasn't that big of a deal. Simple as that. If the story calls for it and they want to make Luke young they will recast and Trek is proof people, old fans and new will support it if it's well done. Your argument against this is what I disagree with.

__________________
Check out my blog for art updates http://stephenscomicgenius.blogspot.com

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages


Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #120
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,492
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
In retrospect it just doesn't connect. Hey that rhymed heh.

Despite how you feel, recasting is inevitable if they make Luke young enough. Can't get around it. And Star Trek is just as iconic of a franchise with the same actors occupying the roles for years. And it was successfully recast was a box office success brought in new fans etc. That is what disney will be looking at. It was done successfully with a similar franchise and no one threw a fit or boycotted it. Why? Because it wasn't that big of a deal. Simple as that. If the story calls for it and they want to make Luke young they will recast and Trek is proof people, old fans and new will support it if it's well done. Your argument against this is what I disagree with.
True, it doesn't connect in retrospect. It's not like they're going to add acrobatics in the old movies, so there's no use complaining about it.
Like I said, Star Trek and Star Wars recasting are two different situations. One was a full reboot getting recasts because they needed a young crew since it was the beginning. The other is the continuation of a franchise getting recasts because the actors who previously portrayed the characters are perceived as "too old". The only similarity you could really say is "a famous sci-fi franchise gets a recast.", and that's it. I'm not saying the movie won't be successful if Luke is recast, I'm saying it's something I don't favor and I'd prefer Hamill reprising the role. Simple as that.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Ant-Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #121
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool
 
Daybreak_st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,623
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
True, it doesn't connect in retrospect. It's not like they're going to add acrobatics in the old movies, so there's no use complaining about it.
Like I said, Star Trek and Star Wars recasting are two different situations. One was a full reboot getting recasts because they needed a young crew since it was the beginning. The other is the continuation of a franchise getting recasts because the actors who previously portrayed the characters are perceived as "too old". The only similarity you could really say is "a famous sci-fi franchise gets a recast.", and that's it. I'm not saying the movie won't be successful if Luke is recast, I'm saying it's something I don't favor and I'd prefer Hamill reprising the role. Simple as that.
I can understand that. The only reason I even thought of recasting is because George mentioned he had done some treatments for these films. And the writer may take something from them. In that case I'm thinking of a young Luke. Otherwise I agree just use Hamill as an older Luke.

__________________
Check out my blog for art updates http://stephenscomicgenius.blogspot.com

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages


Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #122
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool
 
Daybreak_st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,623
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

http://www.**************.com/fansit.../news/?a=59248

I really like this! Despite it's poor box office I enjoyed John Carter and BAttleship. Kitch does a good job with action comedy. I think he would be pretty good in any Star Wars role, maybe not Han but as a character in that setting. He brings lots of a personality to his characters.

__________________
Check out my blog for art updates http://stephenscomicgenius.blogspot.com

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages



Last edited by Daybreak_st; 11-01-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #123
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,492
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
I can understand that. The only reason I even thought of recasting is because George mentioned he had done some treatments for these films. And the writer may take something from them. In that case I'm thinking of a young Luke. Otherwise I agree just use Hamill as an older Luke.
If the story takes place right after ROTJ then I'd be fine with them casting a younger actor for Luke. I don't like bringing up the possibility because I want them to start later when the Jedi have made their full return.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Ant-Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #124
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool
 
Daybreak_st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,623
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
If the story takes place right after ROTJ then I'd be fine with them casting a younger actor for Luke. I don't like bringing up the possibility because I want them to start later when the Jedi have made their full return.
Yeah I agree that makes the most sense.

__________________
Check out my blog for art updates http://stephenscomicgenius.blogspot.com

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages


Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #125
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,492
Default Re: Recasting Star Wars

Kitsch seems like he would really fit in as a smuggler like Han.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Ant-Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.