The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Old 10-26-2013, 01:42 AM   #451
titansupes
Side-Kick

Default Re: Star Wars VII Story Ideas

Moving this here, since that's where it actually belongs:

Since STID, and that great scene where the Vengeance barreled up behind the Enterprise and blasted them, I've had this sequence in my head (because I wished it was in Star Wars, obviously it won't happen, but it's fun to think about) -

Imagine Han/Leia's daughter - let's call her Nellith. She believes they're holding her back a little, she hasn't seen her (almost overly) supportive uncle in a few years, since he's been leading a mysterious force doing good deeds around the galaxy called the 'Jedi'. She and her friends head to (for whatever reason, perhaps to find Luke?) some bad guy controlled planet or outpost. They shouldn't be there, did so against her parents wishes etc. They're discovered, cornered after a battle, Nellith is knocked out, then... The Falcon arrives and saves them. They escape into hyperspace.

Not long after, Nellith wakes up terrified. She runs past Chewy to Han, frantically warning him that the bad guys are coming for them (she can feel it through her burgeoning force sensitivity). Han is bewildered and assures her that they can't follow them through hyperspace... then boom, the Super Star Destroyer (or what have you) is behind them, blasts them out of the blue hyperspace tunnel. Han tries to out maneuver them, with help from the new characters, manages to lose them or damage their ship so they can't follow.

But the Falcon has taken a lot of hits... And so has Han. He's wounded. He has to get one of the kids to help Chewy crash land the ship on a nearby desolate planet. The kid does well, but the Falcon is crashed under a lot of rocks (or in a swamp :P ) and they can't get it out. They abandon it after setting up a coded homing beacon, set up camp nearby. Later in the night, Han passes out (or maybe... dies) after one last scene with his daughter. She leaves the camp, wanting to be alone, spots somebody in a dark robe, his back to her. She hides, but keeps looking as the man raises his hand... and lifts the Millennium Falcon out of the wreck, high into the air through the force, safely placing it down. He turns and smiles at her, knowing she was there all along. Shocked, Nellith says... "Uncle Luke...?"

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:01 AM   #452
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

That would be awesome

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #453
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Just dumping all story related posts into one post plus some new content:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
Should the lead character have their own sort of creature/alien/robot sidekick/pet? Like the direwolves in A Song of Ice and Fire, Naga in Legend of Korra or in the past Star Wars R2D2 or Chewbacca? Something I've been thinking about lately. Not Jar Jar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
What's interesting about R2D2 and Chewbacca is you have no idea what they are saying. Chewbacca also communicates through his body language but you have Han interpreting him or C3PO interpreting R2D2. They're both legit funny gag type characters. I think Jar Jar came across as sort of the successor to C3PO mixed with Roger Rabbit, but he had bad chemistry with the cast among other problems. I do wonder if a more serious type of character could work as well.
As far as a serious sidekick goes, I think a creature/alien/robot reminiscent of an owl and/or hawk could be cool that follows and assists the lead character and her/his friends, but be made fantastical in the Star Warsy mold. Probably works best if it isn't a chatterbox and is closer to being a mute character.

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #454
Entire Lifeford

The greatest Siths in the galaxy come together and face the new heroes of the Skywalker family.

Entire Lifeford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #455
RetroNaz
Bom Bom Bom

Is it going to look weird seeing an aged Luke and Leia, overweight on screen again?
Kind of takes away from the thought that the characters live on forever.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:15 PM   #456
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Meh. I am a bit skeptical about making the old timers leads again. I would rather see them in strong supporting roles like Guinness was in a New Hope.

Ford can handle himself, but I'm not sure about Hamill and especially Fisher. Fisher has been a hot mess for awhile now unfortunately.

NoLaNitE007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:50 PM   #457
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Right, this is going to be a mouth(?)ful to write.

My idea for the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy is to make it similar to Game of Thrones in some aspects with a large cast of characters all with different motivations, backgrounds etc. The biggies:

Ben Skywalker (Jesse Plemons): a young, brash, Luke-esque kid working a dead-end job mining the rocky planet of Tarahath. The catalyst that kicks the story off is an assassination attempt on Ben's life, and the prompt rescuing from a mysterious guardian. Ben is unaware of his real name and heritage, as he was hidden away there as a boy by his father, Luke, and the Republic. Most of his character arc for the movie would be digesting this hefty weight suddenly brought on him - he's a Skywalker, an old legend in the galaxy. He's the guy who's supposed to take arms and lead the Republic and Jedi against the forces of evil. How does he deal with that?

Allana Solo (Ellen Page): a girl of fortune and wealth, she lives with her mother and father - Leia and Han - on Coruscant, the capital of the Republic. She yearns for adventure and while her mother tries to get her to be her successor as Chancellor and focus on politics, Allana wants to be a soldier, or a fighter, and has recently become extremely interested in the legend of the Jedi... Ben is initially reluctant to become a great leader, and would prefer to settle down and live a "normal" life, whereas Allana hates the sound of that and wants adventure. One of the events of the First Act is the girl discovering her dad's old ship (the Millennium Falcon, of course) and going out for a spin in it, which obviously ends badly. Hers and Ben's differing opinions on the subject offer up some interesting conflict between the two leads.

Jaron Keizen (Idris Elba): the Han Solo figure of the trilogy. Ex-smuggler, space pirate, extortionist, you name it. Years ago he came into contact with the Republic, badly, when attempting to steal and sell one of their prized artifacts. This fails, of course, and Leia offers a deal - become a mole for the New Empire (more on that later) or be imprisoned/executed. He naturally chose the first option. Jaron is a badass, grumpy and cocky Stormtrooper, similar in some ways to another of Elba's characters - Luther, from the BBC show Luther. He gets paired with Ben and Allana and has to protect them with a little help, however his time with the young leads softens him and makes him more of a hero over the course of the trilogy.

Chancellor Leia Organa Solo (Carrie Fisher): you all know the character. Leia is now leading the Republic, married to General Han Solo and a mother. If you want an idea of what her character will be like, look at Judi Dench's M in Skyfall. A hard-nosed, strong, independent leader with dark, regrettable secrets that will come back to haunt her. Leia hasn't been a completely golden girl in order for her to maintain the Republic and has had to do things she's not proud of.

General Han Solo (Harrison Ford): again, you know the guy. He is now Chief General of the Republic alongside his wife, and in charge of the vast armies at his disposal. Quite frankly, he hates the job, and wishes to take a backseat from all the politics and get back to being a good-for-nothing dirty smuggler, but he stays because of his love for Leia. However, their relationship is somewhat strained; she is more focused on her work and impending war than on him, and it feels like she's lost feelings for him. He's still tough as ****, and has a tough relationship with his daughter because of how much of a disapproving father figure he is. He too secretly wants her to be a fighter, but has to abide by his wife's wishes, and some other stuff which I'll come to later.

Grand Admiral Thrawn (Hugo Weaving): okay, so if Weaving is in the movie like reports suggest, and is an Imperial Commander, he probably won't be Thrawn. Hell, I don't think he'll be Thrawn either - I'm just using the character for the sake of an identity. Cold and ruthless, he used to be a senator for the Republic and close ally to Leia, however a fallout with her led to his departure and working on reforming the Empire instead. He publicly promises and says that the Republic has fallen into the trap of becoming like the Empire of old, whereas his vision wouldn't be as Nazi-esque as the previous. Of course, this is a lie, and he fully intends to return the galaxy to the state it was in half a century ago, and maybe make it even worse. He is only humanoid, with light blue skin (Thrawn), and he comes from a race who value emotions to be the ultimate crippling of the mind and body. Basically, imagine Sherlock and Mycroft holmes from Sherlock taken to the extreme. Emotions are not an advantage, and he is fueled by logic and reason over that. The New Empire is funded by the chief villain of this movie and the next, but we'll get to him later...

Raul Vamani (Benedict Cumberbatch): this guy doesn't have an awful lot to do in this film, but will play a bigger role in Episode VIII and IX. He's a Sith, in training, and hidden in the shadows. He is similar to Thrawn, and uses blackmail/threats to get his own way. He learned that from his master. He'll sometimes appear as an ally to certain characters and it'll seem as if he's doing the right thing - however, he has a heart of darkness and deems himself a higher and more intellectual being than most.

Saylar Verlusha (Viggo Mortensen): a noble, mysterious Jedi who lives in the shadows, gathering knowledge and always improving his ability over the Force, and only helping those either when he sees fit or when asked. Unlike other Jedi, he does not value being a "hero" as an upmost rule, but rather knowledge of the Force and meditation, so is naturally very pretentious and self-entitled. He is the mysterious figure who rescues Ben at the start of the movie, because he was asked to by an even more mysterious figure... Similar to Jaron, he is originally unwilling to partner up with Ben and Allana but over the course of the trilogy he becomes more likable and changes his mindset to heroism and learns that that and knowledge can go side-by-side.

Lord Valuran (Charles Dance): the main villain of Episode VII and VIII. Similar to another of Dance's characters, Tywin Lannister, and the recent baddie on Sherlock, Charles Augustus Magnussen, he's a cold-hearted bastard who uses blackmail, threats, and his vast knowledge of galactic secrets and ancient secrets to influence the Republic and the Galaxy. He is the leader of the Valuran Corporation, an intergalactic empire of weaponary and private armies. He has Leia and the whole of the Republic wrapped around his finger, with her secretly suspicious of his activities but not investigating because she will be dead if she even dares. He's sort of like the Rupert Murdoch in space, in terms of power and influence. He's the one funding Thrawn's Empire and providing him with armies and weapons, however Thrawn secretly hates Valuran and wishes to kill him. But, he can't do that because of how devastating it would be to his own goals. Not yet. Legend says that Palpatine had a secret, lost army - hidden away on a distant planet for if he was in dire need of a back-up plan, or for his successor to command. Thrawn has been searching for this lost army for many years yet the location is still unknown. Once he finds it and seizes it, then he can kill Valuran. In case you hadn't guessed, Valuran is the Sith Lord previously mentioned and Raul Vamani is his apprentice. Vamani is also conspiring to murder him, and in Episode VIII he joins forces with Thrawn in order to accomplish this, with the promise of leading him to Palpatine's lost army (he knows where it is - Hoth).

Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill): you guys thought I'd forgotten about him, didn't you? Well, the rest of the galaxy has already. Over the course of the 30-year gap, Valuran spread the knowledge that Darth Vader was Anakin Skywalker, a Force user, and that Luke was his son. This was obviously extremely bad news for the Republic and Luke had to go into hiding (or as everybody else saw it, was exiled), as did Ben, to save each other. Fortunately, Valuran is unaware of the familial connection between Luke and Leia so her, Han and Allana could stay put. Force users are outlawed in the Galaxy, meaning Luke and his small Order have to practice in secret, on a far, distant planet. Using the Force, he tries to keep a watchful eye over his son and the rest of his family/friends - given his proactive nature, it kills him to sit out while the rest of the big kids play. Saylar is like the Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon figure of the movie, whereas Luke is Yoda, and now the wisest Jedi in existence. His relationship with Ben is initially strained, as he technically abandoned his son to a life in the harsh mining world, however it improves over the trilogy.

What do you guys think? Any good?

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."

Last edited by Hyde; 03-13-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote