The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Old 10-31-2012, 04:56 PM   #76
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Star Wars VII Story Ideas

I had an idea for the story, since it's set 30 years after what if Luke decided to make the Jedi group smaller, by only allowing there to extist one master and one aprentice, just like the Sith did to focus their power, then the new trilogy could be about two characters, possibly Han and Leia's children, each competing for their place as Jedi but ending up almost falling to the dark side.

Or something like this, maybe it would be a bad move of Luke's as this could lead to somebody's fall to the dark side.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #77
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

Have Commander Skywalker take on a Reaper invasion.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #78
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

That would have a mass effect on the fans... and not in the good way..

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:55 PM   #79
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

You're right. GL would be an illusive man to allow that.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:53 PM   #80
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone View Post
Ignoring EU material, can you guys think of a new galaxy wide threat? I mean, The Sith is supposedly evil incarnate in the SWU so how the hell can they top that without making The Sith look weak?
In the EU, even after the Emperor died, there were still troops and star systems loyal to the imperial system and the new Republic clashed with the Imperial systems who were trying reestablish the Empire. Just because the Emperor died, doesn't mean all the problems he created went with him. Imperial loyalists could still cause problems.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #81
kang604
Side-Kick

So is it confirmed that the story will take place after the original trilogy?

Personally, I would prefer they just leave that era alone completely and create a stand alone new story with new characters... preferably set in the KOTOR/TOR era or at least inspired by it.

kang604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:20 AM   #82
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

A Jedi civil war would be pretty cool but I can't buy the idea that Jedi would physically fight amongst themselves.

Since the original saga was about bringing balance to The Force, I think it would be cool to explore the idea of unifying The Force in the new saga. I don't know how that could lead into a galaxy wide war.

Oh and Luke should never EVER turn to the dark side. IMO it would totally piss on his character progression in the OT.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Lone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:54 AM   #83
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by the amazing fro View Post
Oh ok. Well it would be interesting to see a foe that could negate their force powers, like some giant void in the force. How the Jedi would beat such a foe is beyond me though.
Learn to shoot a blaster, foo!

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:57 AM   #84
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastard Samurai View Post
I don't know about 'tying' the two together, but I definitely believe the next trilogy should take place around that time frame of the Ancient Sith-to-OR Era.
That's not happening. It's a sequel to RotJ.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:58 AM   #85
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

If the Jedi are monks and the Sith were satanists, then what else can Jedi face? Dirty monks. Or Cthulhu. It writes itself, people!

Old 11-01-2012, 03:01 AM   #86
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
can anyone give me a basic general plot of the Thrawn Trilogy and why a lot of people deserve it to be made into the new trilogy?
The tone of the books were pute OT. Then it had interesting characters in the smuggler faction (led by Talon Karrde) and it had Mara Jade, to tie things to the Emperor.

Also had a post-RotJ temptation Luke trying to find his place in the new order of things, a great Force using villain and a twist villain to feature a climactic lightsaber fight.

Also, Leia had a pretty interesting story arc that featured Vader's legacy to her (something terribly missed in RotJ, but I get why).

And then Thrawn, this brilliant and badass military leader, the SW version Sherlock Holmes with Admiral Pellaeon with his Watson (mustache and everything).

Amazing, amazing stuff.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:13 AM   #87
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Thrawn is pretty much the best non-film villain.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:30 AM   #88
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
The tone of the books were pute OT. Then it had interesting characters in the smuggler faction (led by Talon Karrde) and it had Mara Jade, to tie things to the Emperor.

Also had a post-RotJ temptation Luke trying to find his place in the new order of things, a great Force using villain and a twist villain to feature a climactic lightsaber fight.

Also, Leia had a pretty interesting story arc that featured Vader's legacy to her (something terribly missed in RotJ, but I get why).

And then Thrawn, this brilliant and badass military leader, the SW version Sherlock Holmes with Admiral Pellaeon with his Watson (mustache and everything).

Amazing, amazing stuff.
Dammit. I may have to pick those up and read them. I've heard constant fan-talk for like a decade now.

There is a comic adaptation, as well. How does it compare to the novelizations, as far as quality of delivery and story?

Old 11-01-2012, 03:32 AM   #89
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Thrawn's the blue skinned dude, right? I'm pretty sure Palpy has a humans only recruitment policy post PT. Anyway, they already said they won't be using the EU.

Has a story about unifying and successfully wielding both sides of The Force been done in any form? My knowledge of EU ends at video games pretty much.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:34 AM   #90
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
Dammit. I may have to pick those up and read them. I've heard constant fan-talk for like a decade now.

There is a comic adaptation, as well. How does it compare to the novelizations, as far as quality of delivery and story?
You won't regret reading them, that I guarantee.

The comics are good adaptations, but go for the books. Nobody draws like Zahn writes.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:34 AM   #91
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

If you wanna count Revan, I suppose

Old 11-01-2012, 03:37 AM   #92
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone View Post
Thrawn's the blue skinned dude, right? I'm pretty sure Palpy has a humans only recruitment policy post PT.
True, but not strictly.

Quote:
Anyway, they already said they won't be using the EU.
No, they said they won't be adapting a particular EU story/book/comic. EU elements are up for grabs and Lucas even went out of his way to mention that.

Quote:
Has a story about unifying and successfully wielding both sides of The Force been done in any form? My knowledge of EU ends at video games pretty much.
The 19 New Jedi Order books are intially about an invasion (seemingly) and end up dealing with exactly what you're asking. Too bad the follow-ups crapped on that in the worst possible way.

And Revan from the KotOR era.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:46 AM   #93
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
True, but not strictly.

No, they said they won't be adapting a particular EU story/book/comic. EU elements are up for grabs and Lucas even went out of his way to mention that.

The 19 New Jedi Order books are intially about an invasion (seemingly) and end up dealing with exactly what you're asking. Too bad the follow-ups crapped on that in the worst possible way.

And Revan from the KotOR era.
Thanks for clearing that up, buddy. I read your post in the other thread about Luke not being a traditional Jedi and the ***** choking bit in RoTJ. He's already practicing the unified Force.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:49 AM   #94
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Hah, strange you say that, the final NJO book is called "The Unifying Force". You good!

Old 11-01-2012, 04:03 AM   #95
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

50 shades of Jedi

Old 11-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #96
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

Quote:
You won't regret reading them, that I guarantee.

The comics are good adaptations, but go for the books. Nobody draws like Zahn writes.
Thankya!

Old 11-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #97
Joker's Lackey
Side-Kick

My Idea.

Star Wars
Episode VII
Remnants of An Empire
Plot - RAE starts with Luke training new Padawans at his Academy on Yavin 4. We find Luke is Troubled by nightmares of his Sister's death. He sends Jacen and Jaina Solo(Leia and Hans twin children) and accomapained by C3P0, R2D2, Lowbacca, Tenel Ka Djo and Zekk to Protect Leia and Han during a senate meeting on Coruscant. Thru out the film we see General Thrawn come into the picture as he continues where the Emperor left of. With the aid of the Emperor's Hands; Mara Jade and Lumiya. Thrawn conducts attacks to the people Luke cares about to Anger him and bring him to the Dark Side. It ultimately fails. Thru out the film Jacen and Jaina investigate and eventually find the Emperor's Hands base. A final confrontation has Lumiya running away and Mara Jade betraying Thrawn and Joining Luke's Order. We will get hints of Jacen's decent to the Dark Side as well his Romance with Tenel. Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando and Luke would all play supporting roles. As well Cameo's of Kyle Katarn, Raynar Thul and other NJO characters.

ST Cast
Jacen - Jeremy Allen White
Jaina - Emma Roberts
Tenel - Mia Wasikowska
Zekk - Liam Hemsworth
Thrawn - Micheal Fassbender
Mara Jade - Jessica Chastain
Lumiya - Lynn Collins

Last edited by Joker's Lackey; 11-01-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Joker's Lackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #98
obin_gam
Side-Kick

Without reading this thread, these are my idea for a three part arc in this new trilogy:

Ep VII - a brooding cynical Luke travels the galaxy looking people with the force (some are evil, some are good) and gathers them all to restore the Jedi Order. At the same time Han's and Leia's children begin their training (this is only a secondary storyline).

Ep VIII - Luke starts the Jedi Academy and ensures that they will once again become the peacekeeping forces in the galaxy. Beginning with ordinary crime against common thugs, maybe a crime lord who tries to take power after the Empire.

Ep IX - We follow Leias and Han's children who are now full-fledged Jedi Knights while the Sith are getting stronger. Perhaps led by someone Luke chose not to include in the order in Ep VII.

Thoughts?

- Gene Wilder
obin_gam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #99
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATZARRO WWD View Post
I think we could get some new force sensitive groups that aren't Sith or Jedi. If Jedi are monks-knights--samurai, who's to say there aren't like, Ninjas, less obvert and preachy than Jedi, but not as power obssesed as Sith, and instead are more secretive. They might be former Jedi whowant to keep the Jedi way but are worried about what happend when you teach cosmic secrets to every ******* who shows up at the door.

Or a group that's more honor based, sort of like general Idea of a Samurai: people who addeher to a strict code(and this time it's not "no kissing") and are far more martial than Jedi. This guys aren't mwahaha evil, but they ARE sort of bothersome in their rigidity.
I like this alot. Honestly I felt a strong disconnect between Luke as a Jedi and the prequel Jedi's. Prequel jedi's were rather unlikable if you ask me. Luke was more Jedi Ninja. If they are exploring a universe that hasn't had a Jedi order in some 20 years I'd like to see other force sensitve factions existing outside or Jedi or sith. Some may use some other weapon as interesting and unique as lightsabers.

Also I think Star Wars is bigger than the Jedi. The original trilogy was great but it only had a handful of force users. The prequels had tons of Jedi but none of the characters were very likable. I'm hoping the new film won't be so focused on just Jedi but really expand on other non-jedi characters. More people like Han Solo and Lando. Think about try naming one interesting non-jedi from the prequels that wasn't a villain? I can't think of anyone. I just want to see some really well developed and interesting characters. A few Jedi is fine but make them still feel like real people, like Luke was not like the alienated monks from the prequels.

I may be alone in this but I really wanted Jedi to be much cooler than they were in the prequels. Just saying.

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages

Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #100
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Quote:
If the Jedi are monks and the Sith were satanists, then what else can Jedi face? Dirty monks. Or Cthulhu. It writes itself, people!
Just imagine force users around the cosmos without the Jedi to train them. I would imagine various cultures would develop their own view of the force and it's use. In fact in one of EU book "I Jedi" which focused on Corran Horn, he comes into conflict with a group of force sensitive highly skilled people who kind of like ninjas if I remember correctly. It could be really interesting. I would like to see people like the "Benders" of Avatar the Last Air Bender. Instead of bending they are using the force obviously but to see how culturally things develop without the Jedi and Sith influence their use of the force.

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages

Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote