The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Old 11-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #101
Blackman
C'mon Son

Default Re: Star Wars VII Story Ideas

I think each new movie could be about Luke travelling the Galaxy finding new apprentices. Each movie could focus on a the finding of a new apprentice.

Episode VII: Meeting an training of first new apprentice. Introduction to the new trilogies threat
Episode VIII: 2 years later, training of new apprentice(s). More info on the threat
Episode IX: Some years later: bringing the previous apprentices together for the finale.

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #102
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

VII : A young man enters into the New Jedi Order. He'll be about nineteen years old, the same age as Luke from ANH. The primary threat is non-Force based, but instead deals purely with the remnants of the Empire. The villain is defeated at the end, and the hero has taken his first steps into a larger world, under Luke's guidance.

VIII: Introduce the Force-based villain. The hero and Luke face off with him/her in the climax. Luke dies. The hero is defeated, but escapes. It would be an echo of the first Death Star duel between Vader and Obi-Wan, and the end of ESB.

IX: The hero achieves some task that earns him the rank of Jedi Master. He assembles a large army and engages the villain in a large scale battle, both in space and face-to-face in a lightsaber duel that will decide the fate of the New Republic. Unlike ROTJ, we would have multiple Jedi involved.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #103
obin_gam
Side-Kick

^ Call the new young man Kyle Katarn and we're ready to go!

- Gene Wilder
obin_gam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #104
Joker's Lackey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker's Lackey View Post
My Idea.

Star Wars
Episode VII
Remnants of An Empire
Plot - RAE starts with Luke training new Padawans at his Academy on Yavin 4. We find Luke is Troubled by nightmares of his Sister's death. He sends Jacen and Jaina Solo(Leia and Hans twin children) and accomapained by C3P0, R2D2, Lowbacca, Tenel Ka Djo and Zekk to Protect Leia and Han during a senate meeting on Coruscant. Thru out the film we see General Thrawn come into the picture as he continues where the Emperor left of. With the aid of the Emperor's Hands; Mara Jade and Lumiya. Thrawn conducts attacks to the people Luke cares about to Anger him and bring him to the Dark Side. It ultimately fails. Thru out the film Jacen and Jaina investigate and eventually find the Emperor's Hands base. A final confrontation has Lumiya running away and Mara Jade betraying Thrawn and Joining Luke's Order. We will get hints of Jacen's decent to the Dark Side as well his Romance with Tenel. Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando and Luke would all play supporting roles. As well Cameo's of Kyle Katarn, Raynar Thul and other NJO characters.

ST Cast
Jacen - Jeremy Allen White
Jaina - Emma Roberts
Tenel - Mia Wasikowska
Zekk - Liam Hemsworth
Thrawn - Micheal Fassbender
Mara Jade - Jessica Chastain
Lumiya - Lynn Collins
Edited to complete my thought on where VII should go.

Joker's Lackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #105
batsfan81
Side-Kick

Has this been posted? Probably just talk but interesting:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59411

batsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #106
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Oh my lawd. I would be FLOORED if that news were true. It sounds plausible.

Not sure how I feel about Lindelof, though.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #107
Joker's Lackey
Side-Kick

Don't like that tandem. Would rather have Darabont and a Director like Verbinsky or Johnson.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #108
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker's Lackey View Post
Don't like that tandem. Would rather have Darabont and a Director like Verbinsky or Johnson.
Who's Johnson? Rian Johnson?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #109
Joker's Lackey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Who's Johnson? Rian Johnson?
Sorry for the T. I meant

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002653/

Old 11-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #110
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Oh, Johnston. Can't say I'm a fan of that choice...

But Johnson neither, though.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #111
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Luke Skywalker is assassinated.

GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #112
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Someone takes the brains of all the force users who died and puts the brains into one robotic body where this droid has knowledge of the force.

GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #113
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsfan81 View Post
Has this been posted? Probably just talk but interesting:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59411
Oh God. PLEASE let this be true.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #114
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

I actually think Lucas did the new team a favor by making the Prequels so crappy. He set the bar so low, that a new team has so much room to improve. Should someone had taken over with only the original trillogy, it would be the same failure that Lucas set himself up for. Those of us from that generation who saw all the original films on the big screen, we patiently waited for 16 years only to see our childhood dreams shattered on the big screen.

I can honestly say that right now I could care less about a new Star Wars film, which is a good thing, because that's exactly how I felt when I heard they were trying to ressurrect Star Trek and then J.J. Abrams comes in and blows my mind. This is the opportunity the next film maker has.

I'm not going to get caught up in the hype of who is named. I just want someone to go back to the roots of what the original trillogy was about. The film was very human, and while it was set in this fantastical setting, it was a strong epic story with these characters who we grew to know as family.

Honestly other than Ewan McGreggor, the whole cast was crap. Well Liam Neeson wasn't crap, but his character was wasted, and he knew it, so he did the best he could with what was written. Everyone else was horrible, including Portman who I think is a good actress. But as Harrison Ford famously said, "you can type this **** George, but you can't say it."

Ultimately Lucas is a great idea man, but he's a horrible director and an even worse screen play writer. He is a film editor first and foremost, perhaps one of the best, even though he's not known for that, but make no mistake editing is this guys strength.

I wan't less CGI and more realism. Think Lord of the Rings, which was the perfect mix of CGI mixed with miniature modeling and practical effects. This is what they need to go for.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #115
THANOSRULES
Side-Kick

I like the concept of a new threat from outside the galaxy...Or something new within the galaxy..a massive threat and the force needs both the good and bad aspects (IE Balance ) to protect it and repel.

This Yuuzhan Vong invasion idea may work, but I dont know about the organic tech and they sound kinda grotesque.

There isnt any canon that ever said "all the sith were dead" could be underground like yoda was or off the grid.

MARVEL, BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL NEW WARRIORS!
THANOSRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #116
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

The Byrd/Lindeloff rumors have already been debunked. Aintitcoolnews is late to that party.

Also I don't want Lindeloff anywhere near these films. He's terrible.

redhawk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #117
titansupes
Side-Kick

Bird would be amazing. I wanted him for Superman pre-Snyder.

Keep Lindelof away. He's just awful.

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #118
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by obin_gam View Post
^ Call the new young man Kyle Katarn and we're ready to go!
I completely forgot about this. These films NEED Kyle Katarn. Probably my favorite EU chracter ever. And since we actually had a live-action actor once, he lends himself to all mediums pretty well.

But not Rosh....please not Rosh....

Old 11-02-2012, 12:34 AM   #119
Lobo
skip skip skip

I know very little about the EU, and would like to see episode VII focus on Jacen and Jaina, but I think Cade Skywalker's story would be great on film. Get Joel Edgerton, or Charlie Hunnam

Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:08 AM   #120
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
I know very little about the EU, and would like to see episode VII focus on Jacen and Jaina, but I think Cade Skywalker's story would be great on film. Get Joel Edgerton, or Charlie Hunnam
Joel was Uncle Owen.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:20 AM   #121
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

How about a film about the Life and Times of Owen Lars?

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:40 AM   #122
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
I like this alot. Honestly I felt a strong disconnect between Luke as a Jedi and the prequel Jedi's. Prequel jedi's were rather unlikable if you ask me. Luke was more Jedi Ninja.
I don't think Luke was ever supposed to be a Jedi of old, the disconnect was probably intentional. Obi and Yoda trained him as a machine to kill Vader and Sid. The times were desperate, and so were they. None of them wanted him to turn Vader back. He did so despite them. Luke is a new breed of Jedi, a grey-sider, so to speak.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:41 AM   #123
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
Just imagine force users around the cosmos without the Jedi to train them. I would imagine various cultures would develop their own view of the force and it's use. In fact in one of EU book "I Jedi" which focused on Corran Horn, he comes into conflict with a group of force sensitive highly skilled people who kind of like ninjas if I remember correctly. It could be really interesting. I would like to see people like the "Benders" of Avatar the Last Air Bender. Instead of bending they are using the force obviously but to see how culturally things develop without the Jedi and Sith influence their use of the force.
I was obviously joking about Cthulhu, but was serious about the former stuff. Your ideas are very interesting.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:44 AM   #124
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
But not Rosh....please not Rosh....
A brat if I ever saw one. But I msut say, a very interesting student archetype for the new movies. Not that I'd want a character written exactly like that.

Last edited by Gianakin_; 11-02-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:44 AM   #125
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
Get Joel Edgerton, or Charlie Hunnam
Heh, Hunnam auditioned for Anakin back then. What could've been, eh?