The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Old 01-26-2014, 07:43 PM   #176
Bim
Side-Kick

Default Re: Mos Eisley Cantina & Lounge Franchise

I think Emma's the one who will have the longest and probably the more critically acclaimed career. Daniel might never be able to escape HP, but i think he'll do okay. Rupert, i'm not too sure of. So i guess i kinda agree with Marvolo

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:55 AM   #177
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I think Rupert's the most talented, but he'll need a big comeback/chance to get back in the game. Daniel will try and probably fail or keep working steadily in smaller stuff (I'll tell you for sure after Thorns), and Emma... it could go either way.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:43 AM   #178
Octoberist
point blank

My prediction:

Emma might be the one. She is beautiful, talented, well mannered, and has a very universal appeal. Daniel Radcliffe will be around, me thinks. But he'll be the type who'll stick to independent film and broadway mostly. But I think he'll do fine but what hurts him though, is his height.

Rupert also gave me the 'he's gonna stick with BBC shows' vibe. Kinda like he'll be successful mostly in the UK but not internationally. And that's fine.

I think Tom Felton still has a good chance to break out too.

Last edited by Octoberist; 01-27-2014 at 02:48 AM.
Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:46 AM   #179
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
I wish I could say that, but the movies did all the work for me. Watched TPM on Christmas week and AotC on New Year's week with the lady and we just went to town after each movie was done.

She liked both of them, but AotC more than TPM, 'cause there was no kid and fewer JarJar gags. She also loved the hell out of the Battle of Geonosis.
How does she feel about Revenge? Also, wish that worked for me. Last time I tried that, my fiancé' was asleep 20 minutes in.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:47 AM   #180
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

We never got around to watching RotS. And I'm not sure that we will.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:51 AM   #181
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
I'm with Hyde on the BttF thing. While I still like 3 quite a bit, it was definitely a decline in quality for me.
Wow, I actually found a point we don't agree on. I find BTTF II to be more dull. I don't particularly enjoy half of the future scenes, but I do love the alternate 1985 and the return to 1955 quite a bit. On the other hand, I find Part III a lot of fun, and really enjoy it for whatever reason.

Same deal for Indiana Jones. Without bringing up Crystal Skull, which I enjoy as much as I enjoy the SW Prequels, I always loved Raiders and Crusade, but Temple always feels drab to me.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:56 AM   #182
Octoberist
point blank

The saddest thing about BTTF 3 is that it doesn't have anything to add to pop culture really. Seriously, all of the pop culture references that were ingrained into our lexicon came from the first two movies. Especially part 2 with 2015 coming up!

That being said, BTTF 3 is a very sweet, more intimate movie, compared to the more complex second one.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:01 AM   #183
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
We never got around to watching RotS. And I'm not sure that we will.
Let me tell you as a story with me: My ex GF never saw a single Star Wars film.

Anytime I tried to showed it to her, she would change her mind. It got to the point where it kinda bothered me on a deeper level because I would watch her movies all the time. I kid you not, one time when we had our 'playtime', Star Wars was on my mind. I kid you not. Looking back, it was hilarious.

I'm a sick man.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:05 AM   #184
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

You're only sick if you were blood related with her. Otherwise, the whole world should be thinking of SW while on the job. It's the way of life. The way of the Force.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:07 AM   #185
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
Wow, I actually found a point we don't agree on. I find BTTF II to be more dull. I don't particularly enjoy half of the future scenes, but I do love the alternate 1985 and the return to 1955 quite a bit. On the other hand, I find Part III a lot of fun, and really enjoy it for whatever reason.

Same deal for Indiana Jones. Without bringing up Crystal Skull, which I enjoy as much as I enjoy the SW Prequels, I always loved Raiders and Crusade, but Temple always feels drab to me.
We certainly agree on the Indy thing.

As for BttF3, it kinda feels tired to me. No1 was what it was, no2 decided to play with the gem that is the time travel genre and no3 felt to me like an excuse for Zemeckis to make a western comedy. Which is fine, it's funny and charming, and the Doc love angle is pretty great, it's just that the rest of the movie doesn't really click with me.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:11 AM   #186
Octoberist
point blank

Long live temple of doom.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:54 AM   #187
Marvolo
Side-Kick

For the longest time I didn't like BTTF 2 at all. That's changed tho.
Now, I enjoy all three BTTF films. Depending on the day the amount I love each film changes. Just depends on what I'm in the mood for.

With Indiana Jones I've always loved the first three. TOD used to be my favorite. Now I don't really have a favorite. All three are very enjoyable.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:39 AM   #188
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
We certainly agree on the Indy thing.

As for BttF3, it kinda feels tired to me. No1 was what it was, no2 decided to play with the gem that is the time travel genre and no3 felt to me like an excuse for Zemeckis to make a western comedy. Which is fine, it's funny and charming, and the Doc love angle is pretty great, it's just that the rest of the movie doesn't really click with me.
I don't know what it is, because I'm not really a western fan, I've always been into sci-fi, but part 2 has never stuck with me as much.

Cool we agree on Indy though. Temple just doesn't feel fun to me like the others do.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:25 AM   #189
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
You're only sick if you were blood related with her. Otherwise, the whole world should be thinking of SW while on the job. It's the way of life. The way of the Force.

As far as BTTF, i love the first one, thought the second was okay, but the third one i found dragged a bit. I actually havent seen those movies in a while, i'll give them a watch and see if anything's changed for me

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 02-04-2014, 03:38 PM   #190
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Oh boy House of Cards Season 2 is dropping soon on Netflix. I better find a faster way to finish up Caprica...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Then there's Continuum and Orphan Black and The Americans also starting up new seasons...

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:14 PM   #191
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Hi.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:16 PM   #192
Bim
Side-Kick

Hello.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:32 PM   #193
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

O hai.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:55 PM   #194
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

I'm still waiting to see whether I should care or not about Jupiter Ascending. The first trailer gave me a lot of concerns besides the casting of Kunis and Tatum. Concerned Tatum will get the focus away from the weak character Kunis (Jupiter). Hoping for a Snow White and The Huntsman scenario that leaves you with no doubt that Snow White was the main character.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

And of course there's Interstellar, the new Christopher Nolan movie featuring McConaughey and Hathaway and Chastain later in the year. Still don't know what to make of that one yet. Corn.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-19-2014, 11:23 AM   #195
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

The whole corn thing is overblown. I read the early draft and the driving force between the interstellar mission is because there's a global food shortage and natural resources are depleting, not just corn.

That is mostly just talked about by characters in a few scenes and the whole first hour of the film is set on Earth with character interactions, the lead-up to the launch etc. The stuff that people will remember is in the second half of the script...

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #196
Octoberist
point blank

Yeah the corn thing is not just the plot. People focus so much on that aspect because…well that's all what we know about the film.

I've read the original draft and let me tell ya, it's super ambitious. Hard Sci-Fi stuff.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:00 PM   #197
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Anyone check out the pilot for the new CW YA sci-fi drama The 100?

Pilot trailer:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Season trailer:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 03-20-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:17 AM   #198
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
I'm still waiting to see whether I should care or not about Jupiter Ascending. The first trailer gave me a lot of concerns besides the casting of Kunis and Tatum. Concerned Tatum will get the focus away from the weak character Kunis (Jupiter). Hoping for a Snow White and The Huntsman scenario that leaves you with no doubt that Snow White was the main character.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

And of course there's Interstellar, the new Christopher Nolan movie featuring McConaughey and Hathaway and Chastain later in the year. Still don't know what to make of that one yet. Corn.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I wanted to care for Jupiter Ascending, but i'm sorry, Tatum for me is a huge turnoff. I hope at some point i'm motivated to see it, but i'm getting the feeling *maybe* on dvd.

Interstellar is also another i'm not quite sure of. I'm actually more excited for Trascendence, so there we go. Hopefully, my excitement builds the closer it is to getting released and we see more of it.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #199
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

I don't care for Interstellar or Jupiter Ascending. Well, for now at least.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #200
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
I wanted to care for Jupiter Ascending, but i'm sorry, Tatum for me is a huge turnoff. I hope at some point i'm motivated to see it, but i'm getting the feeling *maybe* on dvd.

Interstellar is also another i'm not quite sure of. I'm actually more excited for Trascendence, so there we go. Hopefully, my excitement builds the closer it is to getting released and we see more of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
I don't care for Interstellar or Jupiter Ascending. Well, for now at least.

The thing with Interstellar is that I think Nolan is going doing the old Spielberg route of not showing anything, and when you see the actual film, you'd go 'HOLY CRAP.'

If the original script still holds true, you'll see robots, aliens, different planets, time travel, and sort of insane stuff.