The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #426
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - Part 22

Err... the title isn't exactly "confirmed" yet. I mean they called this movie "SPIDER-MAN 3D" for a long time.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #427
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

I doubt it'll be ASM2.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #428
AF3619
WOOO!

i mean it isn´t bad but , i mean really that A LOT of creativity there

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 11-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #429
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
Err... the title isn't exactly "confirmed" yet. I mean they called this movie "SPIDER-MAN 3D" for a long time.
yeah, i know it isn´t official yet, but....i hope it isn´t called TASM 2

-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 11-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #430
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
http://www.j-grab.com/auction/jp/page/c374651563/en/

sooo, is going to be called The Amazing Spiderman 2? ahhhhhhh!
Calm down. It's most likely the working title for filming.

Lots of film sequels do that.

Son of the Mask was The Mask 2

X2 was X-Men 2.

Just calm down.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 11-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #431
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Calm down. It's most likely the working title for filming.

Lots of film sequels do that.

Son of the Mask was The Mask 2

X2 was X-Men 2.

Just calm down.
lol, no don´t get me wrong i know it may be in the works and the gif attached exagerates my reaction, im not like ANGRY but i´ll be dissapointed if they do call it TASM2 and well is news i guess

-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 11-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #432
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Lol, what's so bad about The Amazing Spider-Man 2?

It's not creative, of course, but I'd rather have that than something like The Spectacular Spider-Man, imo.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #433
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Lol, what's so bad about The Amazing Spider-Man 2?

It's not creative, of course, but I'd rather have that than something like The Spectacular Spider-Man, imo.
really?

-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 11-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #434
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Really.

If The Amazing Spider-Man is the name of this reboot, I want The Spectacular Spider-Man for the next whenever it is. Not even joking either.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #435
AF3619
WOOO!

oh, i get it...like comics a new name means new series is like Amazing spiderman #2 comic

-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 11-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #436
Web face
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise_- View Post

It kinda makes more sense too, I guess. Spidey's pivot points (where the web attaches) would most likely be to his far right or his far left, he'll be lucky if he gets a clean swing, straight down the middle of the city for long, so yeah, it makes sense that he'd be running on the sides of buildings with a webline in hand
yeah to get some good clean swings he would need something lucky to happen, like having all the cranes line up in a row.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #437
Rise_-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Off-topic but Troy how have you not been banned again yet?
Well... I brought up fair points in my first post.

But most likely because C.Lee hasn't been here yet.

>____________>

Old 11-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #438
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I though the title of Web of Spider-Man was pretty cool.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #439
JOE

Amazing Spider-Man
Spectacular Spider-Man
Ultimate Spider-Man

Yup.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 11-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #440
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Running on the building walls while holding a webline was really cool.Always wanted to see that

Old 11-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #441
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

I think it should be called TASM2,nothing wrong in that

Something like 'The webswinger' or 'The wall crawler' isnt as cool as 'The Dark Knight'

Old 11-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #442
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post

Something like 'The webswinger' or 'The wall crawler' isnt as cool as 'The Dark Knight'
Which is why it would be better if they started a trend of using the titles of the comics.

They used The Amazing Spider-Man.

Next, maybe we can get The Spectacular Spider-Man, The Untold Tales of Spider-Man, The Sensational Spider-Man, Amazing Fantasy, Ultimate Spider-Man, Web of Spider-Man.

Or they can have like Just Spider-Man, with a different subtitle each film.

They have a lot of choices. Just naming it The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a bit lazy and uncreative.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 11-18-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #443
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Electric Boogaloo

Old 11-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #444
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
The only way having 2 on it would be acceptable.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 11-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #445
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
oh, i get it...like comics a new name means new series is like Amazing spiderman #2 comic
If you want to look at it like that, sure, lol. That idea never came to mind; I just didn't want The Spectacular Spider-Man to be used. Using numbers for sequels is fine too; just because some CBMs don't does not mean it's outdated to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post

And who the heck would ever have a film called The Wall Crawler?

Quote:
Now this sounds epic

Old 11-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #446
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

OH NOES TEH NAME HAS A 2 IN IT.

Seriously guys, it's a sequel theres no need to hate the idea of it being a "2".
You're lucky it has "Amazing" in it, that we even got that classic name.
I would love it if we got Web, Ultimate or Apecacualr but since thats slim ill accept that we have and not make a fuss.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #447
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
OH NOES TEH NAME HAS A 2 IN IT.

Seriously guys, it's a sequel theres no need to hate the idea of it being a "2".
You're lucky it has "Amazing" in it, that we even got that classic name.
I would love it if we got Web, Ultimate or Apecacualr but since thats slim ill accept that we have and not make a fuss.
TBH, its not so much that there's a 2 than the fact that the previous series did the numbering of sequels.

I want something new.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 11-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #448
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
TBH, its not so much that there's a 2 than the fact that the previous series did the numbering of sequels.

I want something new.
I'm with you there.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 11-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #449
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos

I don't think I said everything I have about this film, not here, not anywhere. Gah, here's my full thought, and it might be a pain to scroll down with it being on, so I'm using a spoiler tag
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Meet 4 years old Peter Parker, his parents take him away to his uncle Ben's house, on the chalkboard of Richard Parker a drawing of a spider is shown, but nothing saying his son was his guinea pig (as was Bruce in the 2003 Hulk film). The mother is ignored for the most part, all we know about her is her death in a car crash with her husband, I think it's ok considering the source material they used for the biggest reference didn't say anything about Pete's mother either

Flash enjoys toying with Peter a little, and he doesn't like to be called Eugene (I like him already since I hate that name as well, I'd prefer them using the name Fred as in Ultimate Spider-Man), his reaction though is extreme, there was no need to kick Peter as hard as he did. I like how we get to know a bit more about Flash later, like how he is not a complete bully, although he can be a jerk at times, he's more like that bully who spoke on one of Oprah's episodes about bullying, not really a bully. Giving condolence to Peter after hearing of his uncle's demise is a nice touch, that is the Flash I know of and like, and near the end we see him sporting a Spider-Man T-Shirt, it's awesome to see that.
Why did they show him by the ambulance after Lizard attacked the school to get to Peter? Don't know, there was no purpose.
Why did they make him buddy-buddy all of a sudden near the end with Peter? Who knows, it's nice to see him friends with Pete out of comics for a change, the problem is it didn't have any build up

Gwen Stacy, what is there to say about her? She's the nice cute friend living in an apartment, she's Peter's first true girlfriend as was shown in the classic comics (Betty was just a thing, Pete felt nothing after she returned in Amazing Spider-Man 41). The way Peter revealed to her he's Spider-Man, the moment at the football field, pretty much cry Ultimate Mary Jane, it's great to see the influence of Ultimate Spider-Man showing in Peter's love interest here

Before Ben was shot, he was called by school cause Peter humiliated (?) Flash by shooting a hoop, not for breaking the basket and the glass, no, he was in the principal office for humiliating a guy playing basketball, just by not giving him the ball as he asked, this is the most WTF moment in the movie.
Ben telling Peter the rule Richard lived by, "if something you can do then you do it, it's not a choice, a responsibility" part is actually decent, a proper way to teach a lesson, I never liked the way they made Cliff Robertson say it to Peter, it felt too forced and weird, only reason it was fed directly is how iconic and important it is to the mythos of the character
Before Ben being shot he should have kicked the gun and call it a day, case closed, but heh, that's the reason Peter behave by the motto, it can't be changed or denied, so I'm accepting it

Peter Parker was timid in classic comics -even in Ultimate- after getting bit by the spider and experiencing what it's like he grew some confidence and more guts, that was done nicely here and I approve
People have arguments with their parents, forget some errands, even the nicest one can do a d*** move one time or two, that is something to relate to and I don't mind seeing Peter doing it, he's about being someone you can relate to, and if someone said he/she never did any of those I won't believe, even the snooping part, as his Peter Parker self he's not remembered for that, but he did it enough times after being Spider-Man to say I'm not bothered by him doing this, cause throughout the movie you can still see him acting responsibly more than not

To tell Flash to stop bullying that guy instead of taking a photo of him, that's being responsible
To hear about a trouble on the bridge and going to help even before knowing what is happening, that's being responsible
To know that Connors is the monster after seeing living proof, and heading to the best cop he could talk to is responsible
And he told Gwen to avoid danger

If I was to talk about him being irresponsible and breaking a promise he made to Captain Stacy about not seeing Gwen, he didn't say it with words, a promise wasn't clearly delivered

Captain Stacy not being confident about Spider-Man, not trusting, and not such an old guy, that is Ultimate, that is shown Ultimate

Richard Parker & Curt Connors working together for a cure to change the world, for a disease, it's just like Richard & Eddie sr working together for a cure in Ultimate comics, a cure for cancer, that is one of three obvious references to the Ultimate franchise, or four if you count how Connors is not with his son or something, and there's a cut on his work

Lizard working on a cure, the mouse he tested the cure on with Peter on his side, wanting to make the human race a better race, very much like the pilot of the 90s cartoon, I love it, I endorse it, and looked forward to seeing a Lizard mouse in the movie since it wasn't shown in the cartoon, I love it
Fred ate Wilma, he can't shout on her any more WIIILMAAAAAA

When it comes to how Lizard moved all of his equipment to the sewers, well, that is a question to be asked in all media, games, comics, film, etc..., how did he build his lab? I have to thank spider-neil for bringing this up

Is Dr. Ratha the one the Lizard eats in the deleted scene? I want to know, cause the good doctor wasn't mentioned since the bridge incident
Referencing Osborn dying is a nice way to build for a sequel, the next movie needs to show that, needs to show him and explain what is killing him

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Old 11-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #450
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

We don't really need to see how Conners gets all his stuff from his lab to the sewers, you can see electricity running down there so I guess it works.

Again, no need for that much explanation.

Closed Thread