Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 12:47 AM   #51
the.wolf
Foe, Da

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I literally laughed out loud at this hehe. I just think it would be too soon to do the switcharoo to MJ after already getting a trilogy with the character.
Yeah, I agree, but they can always set the events of the third movie eight years some time after her death and show a more responsible Peter.

That's one thing I didn't like too much about the the last trilogy, it seems they were just afraid of aging Peter.

Though if I may venture a guess, I'm betting Peter will have already moved in with Harry at the beginning of the next movie.

He can't be still living with his aunt, especially after they highlighted his coming home after crime fighting so much. The "Peter-where-have-you-been-who-does-this-to-you" will just be recycled and too old by then.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #52
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy J View Post
Yeah I think if this is a trilogy she needs to die in the second one. I want a happy ending with MJ.
That's definitely going to be one hell of a difficult task to accomplish imho.lol

Not only does a lot of people like Emma Stone as Gwen, let alone her real self, but a lot of people enjoyed on how well the chemistry and relationship between Gwen and Peter came off in the last film.

I mean it'd be very easy for all of this to end up with MJ looking like the rebound or the girl that Peter ended up with because he couldn't be with Gwen (which a good amount of fans seem to think apparently in the comics as well.lol)

Unlike the case with Rachel Dawes/Batman/Selina situation in the Dark Knight franchise, most people didn't like Rachel Dawes or cared for her, let alone on how her relationship with Bruce was written so when Anne Hatheway came along as Selina along with the chemistry that she had with Batman on screen, a lot of people really ate that up well.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:56 AM   #53
Mike
Banned User

Quote:
I want a happy ending with MJ.
i wonder how much thatll cost?.;-) but seriously, i hope we get a bitter sweet ending with mj and pete.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:26 AM   #54
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Yeah I think if this is a trilogy she needs to die in the second one. I want a happy ending with MJ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
i wonder how much thatll cost?.;-) but seriously, i hope we get a bitter sweet ending with mj and pete.
Lol! My side.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:28 AM   #55
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Apparently they will revise and improve on the suit.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:49 AM   #56
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

knew it. Can't believe how many were skeptical about that

Old 11-02-2012, 06:01 AM   #57
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Ok, as long as it's not drastic. Seriously, with the exception of the stripes down the leg, I think it's a great suit.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:22 AM   #58
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
If I'd say my memorable (in a good and significant way, that is: I will remember it as a great or brilliant scene, not remember it in the way I'll remember Peter's dancing scenes in SM3) scenes/things in the Spider-Man films (I'll most likely forget some here):

SM1
* Everything from the Great power speech scene to the death of the burglar (pretty much the perfect hero origin).
* Green Goblin's first arrival at the festival (that laugh is awesome and I love his "Out, am I?" as well as his whole presence and the people's reaction when they see him from afar).
* Norman Osborn finding out Peter is Spider-Man (the dinner especially but also the blood drop and Peter hiding below the window).
* Green Goblin at the Daily Bugle.
* Peter and Green Goblin on top of the building after that (I know Green Goblin's whole "I want you to work for me" plan is a bit underwhelming for Green Goblin standards but put that aside and it's a very cool scene).
* The upside down kiss.
* The final battle.
* Spidey leaving Norman's dead body in the mansion.
* Green Goblin leaving Aunt May terrified and Aunt May's speech to Peter at the hospital.
* Green Goblin dressed as an old lady.
* Every JJJ scene.

SM2
* Doc Ock's experiment going wrong.
* The horror hospital scene.
* Every action scene.
* Doc Ock's deal with Harry.
* Doc Ock's "...or I'll peel the flesh off her bones" scene.
* Harry unmasking Spider-Man.
* The trash can "Spider-Man No More" scene.
* Aunt May's "There's a hero in all of us" speech.
* Peter telling Aunt May about Ben's death.
* I'm back! My back!
* Peter Parker witnessing an assault while being in off mode.
* Every JJJ scene.

SM3
* Marko visiting Penny while she's sleeping (beautiful).
* Birth of Sandman.
* Birth of Venom.
* Peter vs. Harry 1 (though I don't like parts of that battle).
* Peter vs. Harry 2 (brilliant action).
* Spider-Man vs. Sandman underground.
* Harry's final breath.

ASM
* Young Peter scene.
* Ben's "she's the girl at your computer", Peter and Gwen talking to each other and the 'Til Kingdom Come scene.
* "You're a pretty good dad".
* Peter in the train.
* Peter's new found strenght scenes.
* Gwen crying at Peter's door.
* The "I can't sleep!" stuff.
* Peter returning home after the final battle.
* The final battle.
* The silk trap scene to Lizard finding the camera.
* The "Put on the mask" scene with the kid to the "I'm Spider-Man" (great stuff).
* Stan Lee's cameo.
* The rooftop kiss scene.
* Scene's showing Connors' inner dialogue with his Lizard self.
* Gwen's smile when Peter says "But those are the best kind".
* The whole scene of the cops chasing Spidey and Spidey fighting them off.

The only scenes I'd say are iconic would be Raimi's origin, the upside down kiss, the "There's a hero in all of us" and Raimi's action scenes.
Another 2 scenes I loved in TASM were those 2 daredevil jumps from top of the building

Old 11-02-2012, 06:24 AM   #59
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegger56 View Post
Ok, as long as it's not drastic. Seriously, with the exception of the stripes down the leg, I think it's a great suit.
I agree! It could use for some tweaks but nothing too drastic, as you said. I think he'll have a belt that carries web cartridges and spider tracers. I also think they'll take away the leg stripes. They'll also probably have Spidey do some kind of modification to be able to fight off Electro.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:25 AM   #60
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
That's not what's been said the past couple of pages, but whatever floats your boat.
You just said TDK wasn't iconic, but now you say it is?
Read full,I said parts of it
You are throwing the word 'Iconic' too loosely around here,no movie is totally iconic,only some parts.Parts of SM1,SM2 and TDK are iconic

Quote:
And once again you underestimate Batman Begins. Nevertheless, I did not say it was as iconic as films such as Spider-Man 2 and The Dark Knight(which, they are iconic, so I hate to burst your bubble), but Batman Begins is only memorable for starting a trend as much as the 2002 Spider-Man is memorable for starting a new wave of CBMs and Superman: The Movie is memorable for starting the wave of CBMs completely.
Thats being influential,not Iconic
You are confusing the terms

Old 11-02-2012, 06:39 AM   #61
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
I agree.

The stripe on the leg and the sneakers are the only thing I wouldn't mind seeing gone..

The design of the "boot" is fine except for the sole. It should be more like the traditional Spidey "boot".

Other than those, I just want everything else tweaked and look less improvised and crude. This suit, due to being built by a kid in his attic, had a crudity to it. While it worked in TASM, I would like to see him having improved upon it.

Overall, I want the suit to move towards a more "classic" look in feel but without diminishing the uniqueness and edge of the USM suit.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 11-02-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #62
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

I don't know if I want a belt or not... I like the slim Spidey look, and the belt may interfere with that

Old 11-02-2012, 06:50 AM   #63
Oscorp
Side-Kick

I agree, I hope it won't look like the game version.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #64
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
I agree! It could use for some tweaks but nothing too drastic, as you said. I think he'll have a belt that carries web cartridges and spider tracers. I also think they'll take away the leg stripes. They'll also probably have Spidey do some kind of modification to be able to fight off Electro.
I can see the belt being added. As long as it doesn't take away the slim spidey look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I agree.

The stripe on the leg and the sneakers are the only thing I wouldn't mind seeing gone..

The design of the "boot" is fine except for the sole. It should be more like the traditional Spidey "boot".

Other than those, I just want everything else tweaked and look less improvised and crude. This suit, due to being built by a kid in his attic, had a crudity to it. While it worked in TASM, I would like to see him having improved upon it.

Overall, I want the suit to move towards a more "classic" look in feel but without diminishing the uniqueness and edge of the USM suit.
I loved the sneakers and how the costume looks a little crude. I think it gives it a lot of character. I think that's why I prefer it to the Raimi one.

The idea of the sneaker I really liked, just because he runs and jumps alot. But that's me I suppose lol.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #65
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Not surprising, but Webb made his bed and he needs to lie in it as in, not drastically changing his suit. He should keep everything but have an actual belt this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
Read full,I said parts of it
You are throwing the word 'Iconic' too loosely around here,no movie is totally iconic,only some parts.Parts of SM1,SM2 and TDK are iconic
A CBM can be iconic as in becoming integral parts of their history, and not filmmaking history as a whole, much as how a horror film can be iconic and important with that specific genre. And in regards to that, yes, I still say Spider-Man 2 and The Dark Knight can be considered in that aspect.

Quote:
Thats being influential,not Iconic
You are confusing the terms
Goodness dude, you're not even paying attention. I've been talking about TWO different things. Being an iconic CBM and being a memorable film that started a trend. Batman Begins fits in the latter.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #66
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Quote:
Quote:
I actually didn't mind the leg stripes. And I'm not really digging the sound of a utility belt (I always played without it in the game, haha). Maybe if it was for like one action scene and had a specific purpose for that specific situation, sure. But I think a belt kinda ruins the flow of the suit.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #67
Afropik
Side-Kick

Marc Webb talks about the first film, the sequel...and the 'possibility' of bringing back J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2061318.html

Old 11-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #68
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

I agree with those that say only minor tweaks to the suit, a belt is a must for me, hated the lack of one. The lenses could be modified a bit, not sure how but I feel they can be improved. All in all I feel the suit should be a bit more refined, not ala Raimi suit but now Peter's had time to work on it, make improvements, perhaps make the webbing on the suit a bit bolder and more......web-like.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #69
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Get the thread back on topic...stop the abortion talk....and move on.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #70
Spider-Man '92
Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afropik View Post
Marc Webb talks about the first film, the sequel...and the 'possibility' of bringing back J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2061318.html
While I think it would take real nuts to bring Simmons back (ala Pat Hingle and Michael Gough in the Burton and Schumacher Batman films), I still think he's put on too high a pedestal. While he's definitely an amazing Jameson, it's not like he's irreplaceable. I'm not against Simmons' potential return, but I'd personally prefer a new actor more than anything.

"Even though you've been raised as a human being you are not one of them."
Old 11-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #71
Zucaro
The Unbroken

Dude, J.K. Simmons is irreplaceable. He is, in my opinion, the only one who can actually play Jameson in a very funny and serious way.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #72
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I'd like Gwen to die at the end of 2. I want a whole movie with the Gwen/MJ/Peter love triangle. Especially if it's handled anything like it was in Spider-man Blue. That was awesome.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #73
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

So is the plan to have the whole series be set in HS? I just find it weird that garfield will be 30 by the time the next film comes out and will be potentially still playing a hs student.

I'd actually gain some more respect for this franchise if they skipped ahead to adult peter parker that was something i was waiting for with the last series.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #74
Anno_Domini
Banned User

As much as I love Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson, I think it would be best to have someone new for the reboot. Marc Webb is obviously at least trying to go for something different, so why try to cast anyone from the previous trilogy? I don't get it, no matter how much I enjoy Simmons as JJJ.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #75
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

I think Dr. House would make a great JJJ.