The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Arrow

View Poll Results: What did you think of An Innocent Man?
Loved it 14 53.85%
Hated it 0 0%
Was ok 12 46.15%
Not seen it not planning on it 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #51
KingMadness
Side-Kick

Default Re: An Innocent Man - Rate and Review thread

I must say, I also like how the archer guy taught Ollie how to kill. He started small with a bird, then he moved on to bigger foes. Smart.

KingMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #52
Deathstroke
Banned User

7/10 for me.

Loved the flashback stuff. Everything involving Oliver and Diggs was great. Loved the subplot with Walter and Robert's boat.

I like the use of a voice changer, but Oliver really needs a lower face mask to cover his distinctive beard. It gives him away. Bring something like the ski mask into his Arrow costume.

I completely disliked Laurel and any scenes involving her. She's turning into the show's 'Lana.' I'm worried. All her scenes are a drag compared to the rest and she feels like shes ripped right out of another CW soap. She's always so passive aggressive too.

Just call him 'The Arrow.' I don't like them using this 'Guardian Angel' speak. It reminds me of Smallville and The Blur.

Deathstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #53
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
7/10 for me.

Loved the flashback stuff. Everything involving Oliver and Diggs was great. Loved the subplot with Walter and Robert's boat.

I like the use of a voice changer, but Oliver really needs a lower face mask to cover his distinctive beard. It gives him away. Bring something like the ski mask into his Arrow costume.

I completely disliked Laurel and any scenes involving her. She's turning into the show's 'Lana.' I'm worried. All her scenes are a drag compared to the rest and she feels like shes ripped right out of another CW soap. She's always so passive aggressive too.

Just call him 'The Arrow.' I don't like them using this 'Guardian Angel' speak. It reminds me of Smallville and The Blur.
'The Hood' is stupid too

Old 11-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #54
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

The thing is "Arrow" isn't even a cornball name.Sounds miles better than "The Hood"

Human Torch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #55
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
The thing is "Arrow" isn't even a cornball name.Sounds miles better than "The Hood"
"The Hood" makes him sound like a 50's greaser.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas

Last edited by Wheels; 11-02-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #56
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
I find most the dialogue has been unless its Diggle and Oliver interacting and sometimes Oliver and Thea.
Same here.

Also, the action so far hasn't been as good as it was in the pilot episode. Ollie's fight with Drakon blows the ones he's had with China White and Deadshot away.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #57
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Watching this one again,I actually think the character stuff was better than I gave credit for before.

Human Torch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #58
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
7/10 for me.

I thought the same thing too about his beard, and also about him starting to sound like the Blur. In the scenes where he's talking to Laurel, it felt reminiscent of Smallville. And yes, she does feel like she's from a different show. I have trouble seeing her becoming Black Canary. Although Willa Holland is a bit young, I think maybe she might've been better as Black Canary just because she's more spunky. I hope she does become Speedy so that we can see her involved in the main plot. I see she has the potential to become the show's Chloe.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #59
Deathstroke
Banned User

I'm hoping this show doesn't have a Chloe. Chloe dragged Smallville down too and overstayed her welcome by several years.

If anything, I'd prefer Diggs and Smoak as the two original characters that remain from the main cast into next season.

I'd love if Season One ends with the Queen family (Moira, Thea and Walter) murdered in a bloody tragic end akin to Shakespeare. Oliver can then branch out on his own and take over Queen Consolidated. Moira for sure can't live. She's a villain, perhaps more guilty than Robert (who killed himself for his sins).

Old 11-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #60
nogap87
Side-Kick

Every time I'm about to fall in love with this show they play random CW music in the background just to remind me why I don't watch CW.

Anyway, as usual, the chicks were annoying and Ollie walking around the prison with a bow, arrow, and ski mask caused major eye-rollage but the flashbacks continue to be intriguing and the ending ensures that I will tune in for the next episode.

nogap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #61
greenlantern248
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm hoping this show doesn't have a Chloe. Chloe dragged Smallville down too and overstayed her welcome by several years.

If anything, I'd prefer Diggs and Smoak as the two original characters that remain from the main cast into next season.
You do know that Smoak isn't a made up character for this show.
She is a actual character in the comics. She is Ronnie Raymond's (Firestorm) step mother.

greenlantern248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #62
Deathstroke
Banned User

That's right. She marries Ron's father at some point. I want her to join the main cast and maintain her current role.

I wouldn't mind losing the other female characters.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:33 AM   #63
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I'm confused at how Lance came to the conclusion to check out the videos of the auction. Did I miss something that said Arrow would be on camera at the auction?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:53 AM   #64
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

The dialogue between Laurel and Arrow was awful. The way he got Laurel to take the case was just like Batman Begins. It's like they watched the movie and just wanted to make a tv series out of it. Smoak is pretty annoying. They really need to work on the female characters on the show.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #65
corby
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I'm confused at how Lance came to the conclusion to check out the videos of the auction. Did I miss something that said Arrow would be on camera at the auction?
I think that the idea of him changing costumes at the scene of the crime just hadn't occurred to him.

also, MORE BARROWMAN!

Old 11-04-2012, 03:24 AM   #66
Fans of Reilly
Side-Kick

Anyone else miss Tommy

Fans of Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #67
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
The dialogue between Laurel and Arrow was awful. The way he got Laurel to take the case was just like Batman Begins. It's like they watched the movie and just wanted to make a tv series out of it. Smoak is pretty annoying. They really need to work on the female characters on the show.
She even asked him what was he giving her. And he told her leverage.

And I thought it was weird when she asked him why aren't they meeting face to face when they were. But, I guess she meant why he wouldn't show his face, which is obvious.

I like Smoak more than any of the other females.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corby View Post
I think that the idea of him changing costumes at the scene of the crime just hadn't occurred to him.

also, MORE BARROWMAN!
I don't know. It seemed like a big leap to me to just assume he was in the building of the auction when the shooting was coming from a different building.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 11-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #68
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fans of reilly View Post
anyone else miss tommy
ha.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #69
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Same here.

Also, the action so far hasn't been as good as it was in the pilot episode. Ollie's fight with Drakon blows the ones he's had with China White and Deadshot away.
Yeah the Green Arrow/China White (non)fight is easily the worst so far. Deadshot could have been WAY better looking back at it. Still, the action is this show's only saving grace early on.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #70
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

They've had some pretty good cliffhangers the last 2 episodes which is probably the only reason I'm still watching.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #71
Spider‐Man
Banned User

And suddenly I'm ok with the voice!

JUst watched the episode again. Funny what you catch when there are no commercial breaks. There is a scene where Arrow first meets Laurel in her apartment. When she first turns and sees him, he activates something in his hand and they break for commercial. When the show comes back on nothing is in his hand and he speaks with a seriously augmented voice, moreso than he could manage naturally. NOw I think that the device was something to help with this. That doesn't insult my intelligence nearly as much thinking they were trying to play it like he was somehow changing his voice like that without any help! Still, minus points for not making this more obvious.

Spider‐Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #72
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post

I don't know. It seemed like a big leap to me to just assume he was in the building of the auction when the shooting was coming from a different building.
Maybe they're trying to show he's a detective with some competence even though what Oliver was doing should've looked suspicious when they examined the footage the first time.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #73
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
Maybe they're trying to show he's a detective with some competence even though what Oliver was doing should've looked suspicious when they examined the footage the first time.
As highlighted in the show itself, they weren't simply looking for anything suspicious the first time round; but rather footage of Arrow at the scene. They hadn't considered that he was already at the event but simply out of costume.

mr. peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #74
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
Maybe. But, I still think it makes more sense to assume he'd be somewhere else just like they assumed Deadshot would be (which led to the death of one of their cops) rather than in the building itself. But, whatever. Let's see how Ollie gets out of this one.

He should just say his new "girlfriend" likes to play dress up and he saw this as his chance to go meet with her. Thus, keeping his douche persona intact.

"

Old 11-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #75
flickchick85
Loose Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
Agreed on all points. I was much more forgiving of all the Begins rip-off stuff in the pilot, because hey, BB is a great model for kick-starting a superhero story. But the way they KEEP cribbing from it with each subsequent episode is really starting to wear thin on my patience. I hope this development with Ollie being arrested leads to some sort of story departure from the BB model, because it's really time for this show to develop its own identity.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote