The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Old 11-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #51
mikeboydus
Side-Kick

Default Re: Villains in the next Star Wars movie

I think the Dark Side biomechanical hive mind horde could be tweaked to work, but not as an initial villain. I'd prefer an Imperial Remnant being crushed in Episode VII, with it ending up either a "phantom menace" or it was protecting the galaxy from an even greater threat, e.g. an undead Sith lord awakened after thousands of years by Imperial archaeologists hunting for Sith artifacts, specifically the Necroholocron. An Indiana Jones/Han Solo reference would have to be in there too.

mikeboydus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #52
THANOSRULES
Side-Kick

Tweak the notion of the Yuuzhan Vong. (although I like the notion that the vong could make for a dark/light alliance to fight off)

Maybe they are connected with the Sith and their return is linked with some aspect of what has transpired with the force.

I'm not an EU guru..but essentially I think the Yuuzhan Vong are too scary, grusome and overtly violent to be the main antagonists in flim.

Make them more Stormtrooper-ish and marketable.

You also instead of make them anti-force make them a more pure version of sith. The true race of dark side beings who taught the sith.

Quote:
Jedi gone ZEALOT! A group that overemphasised on the battle aspects, bastardized the Jedi teachings, and on top of it forcibly want to convert or subdue everyone else. Something a little less black than sith, but still with the Jedi weapons.
I love this idea.

If you combined the two ideas you have a pretty good basis for part VII.

IE a "good guy crew" is sent to infiltrate this zealot Jedi and his cult who has set up on the outer edge of the galaxy.

This zealot is demanding purity in preparation for a coming storm (invasion) by the true wielders of the dark side and those who brought the dark side to the Sith.

But the "zealot" is corrupted by a advanced detache of these pure Sith and a huge battle breaks out on this far flung planet akin to the first big battle of the EU Yong invasion.

MARVEL, BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL NEW WARRIORS!

Last edited by THANOSRULES; 11-04-2012 at 09:49 PM.
THANOSRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #53
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
Tweak the notion of the Yuuzhan Vong. (although I like the notion that the vong could make for a dark/light alliance to fight off)

Maybe they are connected with the Sith and their return is linked with some aspect of what has transpired with the force.

I'm not an EU guru..but essentially I think the Yuuzhan Vong are too scary, grusome and overtly violent to be the main antagonists in flim.

Make them more Stormtrooper-ish and marketable.

You also instead of make them anti-force make them a more pure version of sith. The true race of dark side beings who taught the sith.

I love this idea.

If you combined the two ideas you have a pretty good basis for part VII.

IE a "good guy crew" is sent to infiltrate this zealot Jedi and his cult who has set up on the outer edge of the galaxy.

This zealot is demanding purity in preparation for a coming storm (invasion) by the true wielders of the dark side and those who brought the dark side to the Sith.

But the "zealot" is corrupted by a advanced detache of these pure Sith and a huge battle breaks out on this far flung planet akin to the first big battle of the EU Yong invasion.
I this idea.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #54
mikeboydus
Side-Kick

Playing off the Zealot Jedi concept, amidst a war against an imperial insurgency.

Imagine a high ranking member of the Jedi Council disappears to the Unknown regions taking a number of followers. A team of elite Jedi are handpicked by Grandmaster Skywalker to find him and bring them back if possible. One of the Jedi is Luke's nephew.

Their journey becomes a journey into a "Heart of Darkness".
The Jedi Knight took his followers to a hostile planet deep within uncharted space, where he has established a Jedi cult with himself as an all powerful prophet, while conquering a primitive species and enslaving them that now see the Jedi Knight as a mad god. When Luke's nephew confronts him, the fallen knight tries to convert him and tells him about his visions of horror, that something of pure darkness, a manifestation of the Dark Side has emerged from something he calls "The Shadow of the Force" beyond the Galactic Rim. He tells him their only chance for survival is for the Republic to follow him and join his new order.

Instead of joining, Luke's nephew ends up defeating him with the aid of a Mandalorian merc that he frees. Once dead, the primitive species recognize him as a new god and overthrow the fallen Jedi cult.

Little does the Jedi or the Republic realize the mad man was right, something horrible has emerged from the outer darkness beyond the rim.

If the Vong were used or something incoporating them, I would tone them down abit. Their sadomasochism would be implied but not shown, same way for any really horrible stuff. It would be left to the imagination.

mikeboydus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #55
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batspider77 View Post
And the fact that Plagueis could have beent the Creator of Anakin Skywalker would make it even more interesting.
It's pretty much stated-without-being-stated in Episode III that he WAS the one who created Anakin, so there's really not much ambiguity to be explored there.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:48 AM   #56
Batspider77
"SPOILER JUNKIE"

I think a Army of Dark fallen Jedi would fit best,they could have start something like a Dark side cult learning from old stolen Sith Holocrons.....and let all of them have Yellow Lightsabers.lol

Old 11-05-2012, 03:38 AM   #57
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATZARRO WWD View Post
Jedi gone ZEALOT! A group that overemphasised on the battle aspects, bastardized the Jedi teachings, and on top of it forcibly want to convert or subdue everyone else. Something a little less black than sith, but still with the Jedi weapons.
Pretty much. A la C'baoth from the Thrawn Trilogy. Wouldn't you know, it's all going back to that - constantly.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #58
Hunter Rider
Ronin

The Vong and Thrawn always make me think of Star Trek more so than Star Wars in their design.

Personally I'd like to see a mix of Jedi civil war and the rise of the Mandalorians as Luke and the Jedi loyal to him try to keep order...If some fallen Jedi guided by the spirit of an ancient Sith Lord just happened to be tinkering in the background that eventually led to the Jedi and Mando's having to come together in the 3rd film...so be it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
A Sith Ewok!
I'll see your Sith Ewok and raise you....

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #59
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
The Vong and Thrawn always make me think of Star Trek more so than Star Wars in their design.

Personally I'd like to see a mix of Jedi civil war and the rise of the Mandalorians as Luke and the Jedi loyal to him try to keep order...If some fallen Jedi guided by the spirit of an ancient Sith Lord just happened to be tinkering in the background that eventually led to the Jedi and Mando's having to come together in the 3rd film...so be it!

I'll see your Sith Ewok and raise you....

Jar Jar's race can look more intimidating than a sith teddy bear

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #60
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Here's my thing...the Empire has to be in it still...granted, not up to its "full glory" like in the OT. But killing the Emperor does not mean suddenly the Empire is gone. And if it is indeed 30 years after RoTJ, is that really enough time for the remnants of the Empire to fade? What about all the Moffs who still control various worlds? The vast resources of the Empire outside of the core worlds?

Old 11-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #61
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Here's my thing...the Empire has to be in it still...granted, not up to its "full glory" like in the OT. But killing the Emperor does not mean suddenly the Empire is gone. And if it is indeed 30 years after RoTJ, is that really enough time for the remnants of the Empire to fade? What about all the Moffs who still control various worlds? The vast resources of the Empire outside of the core worlds?
I agree with you that the empire doesn't disappear in one day, but it only existed with the emperor for some 20 years, i doubt it would even still be around 30 years after the death of it's emperor.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 11-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #62
THANOSRULES
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
This is true..but the Lucas' worthless added celebration scenes toROTJ kinda hurt the extent of this

Old 11-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #63
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
"No, I am your grandfather."
Oh gosh

I've no clue for villains... but perhaps someone menacing along the lines of the Yuuzhan Vong could be interesting. Also, some Empire remmants could work. It all depends on what period they set the new trilogy in. They could also go for something totally new and unexpected. As long as it works at the end of the day when i see it on the big screen, i'm open to it.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:09 AM   #64
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

If you've got many Jedi, then I think it's time for villains that can resist the Knights, a la Yuuzhan Vong (though not exactly them, not necessarily).

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #65
The Villain
Side-Kick

Well i'd like to see more of these few classic characters make better appearances.

Dr Evazan & Ponda Baba
Bounty Hunters - Dengar, IG88, Bossk, Zuckuss & 4 LOM etc get more side plots?
Labria
Admiral Thrawn I think would be a great character to use as main enemy.
Jodo Kast & Boba Fett or just Jodo would be nice.

Last edited by The Villain; 11-08-2012 at 11:13 AM.
The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #66
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I'd like to see them do a CGI film, even if it's direct to DVD covering the Thrawn trilogy just to fill in some gaps

Old 11-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #67
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

I can't tell you what would make a good idea. But I can definitely say that I don't think another Jedi/Sith Father/Son trilogy can work again.

But then again, what do I know?

Actually, come to think of it, it would be a case of a Sith youngster versus a seasoned Jedi master, in a way the opposite of the original Trilogy.
But I still think the story line is too close.

I think Episodes VII, VIII and IX are going to be difficult to put a great story together for, and I want a great story!

I also think we must have a Star Wars X. The title alone looks too cool to not make the film against.

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
RetrogradeOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #68
Lord
All Mighty

Dark Jedi seem like a safe bet, it has passed way too long for the Empire to still pay a part, i hope Bounty Hunters return too, Jango Fett's fight against Obi-Wan was really cool.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #69
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Evil. Living. Planet.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #70
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
Evil. Living. Planet.
Mogo?

Old 11-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #71
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathlok View Post
I can't tell you what would make a good idea. But I can definitely say that I don't think another Jedi/Sith Father/Son trilogy can work again.

But then again, what do I know?

Actually, come to think of it, it would be a case of a Sith youngster versus a seasoned Jedi master, in a way the opposite of the original Trilogy.
But I still think the story line is too close.

I think Episodes VII, VIII and IX are going to be difficult to put a great story together for, and I want a great story!

I also think we must have a Star Wars X. The title alone looks too cool to not make the film against.
I dunno... for most people, when someone says Star Wars, what comes to mind are light sabres, Jedis (and Siths) and the Imperial March. As such, I think it's to be entirely expected for the Sith to play an important role in the new trilogy's plot.

On the subject of villain, I think it would be a brilliant idea to flip the idea of the earlier movies on its head; namely a Sith protagonist with a Jedi as an antagonist. Maybe even make them brothers to up the symbolism. It just makes perfect sense.

When you take a look at Jedi philosophy (e.g. the rejection of passion and emotion), it's pretty unhealthy; especially if left unchecked and taken to extremes. Which was what happened at the end of Return of the Jedi. Considering today's values, I think the concept/message that having emotions and/or being motivated by it is not in itself a negative trait would be one that most viewers can empathise with. And from a marketing point, having a 'dark' and 'misunderstood' protagonist can only help widen the story's appeal.

Likewise, having a Jedi antagonist would be an unexpected and interesting spin on the franchise; taking it in a direction that I don't think has really been touched on before, even in the books.

mr. peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #72
THANOSRULES
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
I dunno... for most people, when someone says Star Wars, what comes to mind are light sabres, Jedis (and Siths) and the Imperial March. As such, I think it's to be entirely expected for the Sith to play an important role in the new trilogy's plot.

On the subject of villain, I think it would be a brilliant idea to flip the idea of the earlier movies on its head; namely a Sith protagonist with a Jedi as an antagonist. Maybe even make them brothers to up the symbolism. It just makes perfect sense.

When you take a look at Jedi philosophy (e.g. the rejection of passion and emotion), it's pretty unhealthy; especially if left unchecked and taken to extremes. Which was what happened at the end of Return of the Jedi. Considering today's values, I think the concept/message that having emotions and/or being motivated by it is not in itself a negative trait would be one that most viewers can empathise with. And from a marketing point, having a 'dark' and 'misunderstood' protagonist can only help widen the story's appeal.

Likewise, having a Jedi antagonist would be an unexpected and interesting spin on the franchise; taking it in a direction that I don't think has really been touched on before, even in the books.
This last part Lucas really had a decent opportunity to do with the NT but instead made Anakin's turning awkward and unrelatable.

I think it is extremely interesting idea..done fairly well in the KOTOR games..not sure about my feelings about the new movies.

I do love the notion of "grey" jedi

Old 11-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #73
summerteeth
Side-Kick

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Prince Xizor. It would be nice to bring in a villain that has a connection to the Skywalker clan. It's not all that unreasonable that he might have survived Skyhook. Plus I think the criminal underworld has to play a big role in the films as I would have to imagine crime would rise as there is instability as they have to set up a new republic after the fall of the Empire. In the EU there were untrue rumors that he was still alive, what if those rumors were in fact true?

summerteeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:38 AM   #74
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Mogo?
He doesn't socialize

Old 11-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #75
Octoberist
point blank

My only advice for the villain(s): Don't repeat too much from whatever was done already.

It's a very tricky thing. You can use the Empire again, and make it 'circular' but you're walking on a thin line between 'destiny' and 'monotony'. Luckily we have a good writer working on it.

Secondly, if it's a new threat, it really has to be a new type of threat. You can't copy and paste an "Empire" wannabe, and you'll end up getting the Soviets in Indy 4. Sure you are uneasy of the fickle Soviets, but you can easily hate the Nazis because they're more absolute and evil. I know they're based on real stuff but you know what I mean.

So my suggestion is that the Empire should be around, but this time the tables are turned, and they are the new 'Rebels'. Splinter Cells. Hidden bases. Fragmented and messy but loyal. Perhaps we should also show how flawed the 'New Republic' can be. Maybe they're so overwhelmed that their methods aren't up to par.

The Empire shouldn't be the main baddie but they should be opportunists who can side with a bigger power when needed. Who knows, you can make them more ambiguous in their allegiances, especially if they are paired with a greater evil.