The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Old 05-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #176
webhead9707
Dr. Perky

Default Re: Villains in the next Star Wars movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by metr0man View Post
If it were up to me... the villains would be terrorists.

Reversal of the OT. BIG evil empire vs ragtag rebellion. this one is the BIG good New Republic vs ragtag terrorists. Possibly re-imagining the Mandalorians as guerilla fighters.

they infiltrate the Republic, and detonate plasma bombs on different worlds, killing millions. They blow up Leia's inauguration as chancellor/president/etc, almost killing her. They don't have a huge army, they have small groups of predator like ships, experts at surgical strikes.

The Republic doesn't know how to fight an enemy hiding in their ships, their worlds, integrated into their society. They only know how to fight big empires and big ships.

That's why they need.................. Jedi!

The overall story would be about how the Jedi have been rebuilding in secret at Luke's secret school, distrustful of being tied to any government lest they get wiped out again... the movie would essentially be their "coming out party".

Jedi coming back to once again become the saviors of the galaxy and reclaim their place as the heroes of the Galaxy.
What I like about this is that it doesn't mess up the purpose of The Chosen One. (Be that Anakin or Luke) The chosen one brought balance to the force, so theoretically there shouldn't be Sith anymore, right?

By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
webhead9707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #177
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Darth Fett,a sith mandalore.

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #178
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
Darth Fett,a sith mandalore.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #179
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Can we merge this thread with this one: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=452149

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:20 AM   #180
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Bump.

DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #181
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead9707 View Post
What I like about this is that it doesn't mess up the purpose of The Chosen One. (Be that Anakin or Luke) The chosen one brought balance to the force, so theoretically there shouldn't be Sith anymore, right?
Good point. There can be Jedi solving problems but no red lightsabers anywhere.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #182
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

There is definitely going to be a lightsaber fight.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #183
Great Mind(s)
Broken

But he makes a good point, if everything from episode 1-6 was about a prophecy to balance the force, wouldn't it be anticlimactic to have more Sith running around? What about a fight between two Jedi where neither are "bad" just disagreeing in the moment?

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #184
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

It's a big question, one that we've been debating endlessly on here and other forums for over a year. I personally wouldn't mind the Sith coming back, because to have darkness, you need to have light, and vice versa. Balance in the Force means there are equal measures of both, never fringing upon each other. Not that everything is the light side.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #185
Lord
All Mighty

Isn't the Dark side like a cancer? Where complete light is balance

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #186
krycek
Side-Kick

I wouldn't mind seeing some other darksiders that aren't Sith Lords, such as the Nightsisters and Force Weilders from the Clone Wars.

krycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #187
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
But he makes a good point, if everything from episode 1-6 was about a prophecy to balance the force, wouldn't it be anticlimactic to have more Sith running around? What about a fight between two Jedi where neither are "bad" just disagreeing in the moment?
The funny thing is that there's a fundamental flaw in that premise. The Jedi keep talking about "bringing balance to the Force," but they also talk about "destroying the Sith." THAT ISN'T BALANCE! Light cannot exist without darkness and vice versa. Destroying the Sith doesn't bring balance to the force, it just tips it out of balance the other way.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #188
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The funny thing is that there's a fundamental flaw in that premise. The Jedi keep talking about "bringing balance to the Force," but they also talk about "destroying the Sith." THAT ISN'T BALANCE! Light cannot exist without darkness and vice versa. Destroying the Sith doesn't bring balance to the force, it just tips it out of balance the other way.
Agreed. What I think would be interesting is if the next trilogy explores the consequences of having too much "light" in the universe; with the Jedi (or more specifically, its leaders) being the ultimate villains of the new movies.

mr. peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:51 AM   #189
Grievous
Miss Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krycek View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing some other darksiders that aren't Sith Lords, such as the Nightsisters and Force Weilders from the Clone Wars.

I like the Nightsisters idea, I feel there could be potential with them.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #190
veeboy31

I think Sly Moore would make an excellent villain

veeboy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #191
Lobo
skip skip skip

I've been a proponent of the Nightsisters as the villains. I'd love it. Or a newly constituted Death Watch lead by Bo Katan.

Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:51 PM   #192
Loki882
Side-Kick

If Hugo Weaving or Michael Fassbender are indeed cast in this film, then I really want one of them to play Grand Admiral Thrawn. He'd be a fantastic villain for this trilogy. You can just use his basic character, but build a new story around that.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:05 PM   #193
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo View Post
i've been a proponent of the nightsisters as the villains. I'd love it. Or a newly constituted death watch lead by bo katan.
this!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:15 AM   #194
dquizzy
Side-Kick

Quote:
my thoughts exactly. I thought something like this could work...This is a bit long but what if a "Youngling" Solo/Skywalker is neither light nor dark and their plan is to wipe out the Jedi and all evidence and teachings of manipulation of the force in order to save the future of the galaxy as they are convinced that history is destined to repeat itself and it is the Sith AND Jedi that are as bad as each other and ultimately equally responsible for all that has gone before.

This would make them not a true villain’s villain. Not power mad or anything like that (you know how Hollywood love the ‘not quite a real villain' baddy at the moment who thinks they are doing right thing) and the eventual villain reveal would be a great way of making us question who is right and who is wrong. Which way of thinking is the wrong way? Are the Jedi inherently bad? Are they destined to keep producing an evil counterpart to balance out?

Basically did Anakin actually fulfill the prophecy in the first place by turning to the dark side and bringing the ‘balance to the force’ that the prophecy talked about by killing all of the Jedi and leaving 2 on each side…Yoda/Obi Wan and Sidious/Vader. Was that his destiny? Did Luke knock the force out of balance by ‘saving’ Vader and him killing Sidious so the Jedi outweighed the Sith?

The thinking of the offspring Solo/Skywalker 'villain' would be the only way for true balance to exist in the force is eradication of all those that manipulate it.

Sorry this is long and to be honest might not fit with what people ultimately want

dquizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:24 AM   #195
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Lucas says that the dark side is like a cancer, so yes, the Dark side has to be destroyed in order for there to be peace. A cancer doesn't bring balance

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 01-13-2014, 09:14 AM   #196
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Yeah, the Sith cause imbalance as they attempt to bend the force to their will and are possessive with it. The Jedi are co-operative with the force and are passive with its use.

If the force wanted someone to destroy the Jedi, surely Anakin would have killed everyone with force potential? With no force potential, there would be no imbalance.

Anyway, I don't want any real Sith in the trilogy. They'd be better served as a the Jedi were in the originals- an old legend. I'd like to see the story of Jacen Solo as he learns about his grandfather and the ways of the Sith like Luke did of the Jedi, but he'd only ever become a dark Jedi.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #197
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Lucas says that the dark side is like a cancer, so yes, the Dark side has to be destroyed in order for there to be peace. A cancer doesn't bring balance
I get that, but he shouldn't have used the word "balance" to describe it then, because one side being completely destroyed IS NOT balance.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:09 AM   #198
Lord
All Mighty

The Dark side is constantly trying to destroy everything, this isn't like the real world light and darkness, in the SW universe, the dark side is literally a cancer, balance comes from purification.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #199
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
I've been a proponent of the Nightsisters as the villains. I'd love it. Or a newly constituted Death Watch lead by Bo Katan.
Or Bo Katan as the new Mandalore.

DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #200
IncognitoWalrus
Tusks of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Anyway, I don't want any real Sith in the trilogy. They'd be better served as a the Jedi were in the originals- an old legend. I'd like to see the story of Jacen Solo as he learns about his grandfather and the ways of the Sith like Luke did of the Jedi, but he'd only ever become a dark Jedi.
Same. I hope all that stuff about the Emperor being reborn will become non-canon when Episode VII is realised, too.

IncognitoWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote