The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead

View Poll Results: Were you okay with the fact that season 6 ended without revealing who got Lucille'd?
No 47 67.14%
Yes 23 32.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2016, 10:54 PM   #1
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Default Was the season 6 finale cliffhanger acceptable? Yes or No? (SPOILERS)

I cannot rest easy knowing how they ended season 6. Season 6 as a whole sucked to me, but the finale was the final straw.

season 6 was just, bad. that glenn bait - the thing about that is, if they ended that episode with glenn falling into the zombie herd and just cut the scene there, it would've been fine. but then they show glenn seemingly getting eaten, ugh...it's almost like the showrunners purposely breaking the fourth wall, playing a game with the viewer trying to get them to question what the eff is going on.

then they have the goddamn nerve to stick a 90 minute morgan flashback episode that nobody was asking for the week right after it. that wasn't a bad episode, but it didn't need to be 90 minutes and it definitely should not have come after the glenn bait.

and the next episode didn't give closure either.

i didn't like how some of the character arcs went either. but the worst thing was the season finale.

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:56 PM   #2
Sithborg
Form... Voltron?

Default Re: Was the season 6 finale cliffhanger acceptable? Yes or No? (SPOILERS)

After the Glenn and Daryl tease, no, it absolutely was not.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:07 PM   #3
CJ
Gotta Go Fast!

Default Re: Was the season 6 finale cliffhanger acceptable? Yes or No? (SPOILERS)

No. Another cheap ploy for ratings typical of this show.

CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:32 PM   #4
Steyin
Bidding you ADIEU!

Yes. This is TV, it was to be expected.

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:34 PM   #5
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Edit. Wrong thread.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:35 PM   #6
Teelie
Still Mostly Harmless

Definitely not. It made it real easy to quit watching the series.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:10 AM   #7
BETArayBill
Side-Kick

One of if not the worst finale of a television show I've ever seen

Old 04-04-2016, 12:16 AM   #8
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

No. There's no reason why we shouldn't have seen who died. Gimple's excuse about the death repercussions being the next big story is silly and makes no sense. How would showing the death here prevent the repercussions of it being the next big story in season 7?

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:07 AM   #9
psylockolussus
Mutated User

No. I was bored watching the finale and the ending didn't help.

Finding Dory, The Conjuring 2, Civil War, Beyond, Ghostbusters, Jason, Apocalypse, Legend of Tarzan, Angry Birds, Suicide Squad, Out of the Shadows, Through the Looking Glass, Collision Course, Resurgence, Warcraft.

www.twitter.com/xmenmoviesandtv
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:04 AM   #10
Ironfan72
Golden Avenger

It did not bother me, was an excellent episode and I had read that they were likely going to do this, so went in knowing, was more interested in seeing Negan, at the end of the day it's a TV show and they want as many eyes on the season premiere as possible, yeah I would like to have known, and not sit for 7 months waiting and speculating, but will not lose any sleep over it, I am looking forward to the new season, this one was yet another great season.

www.advancediron.org -The Ultimate Iron Man Website.
Ironfan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:12 AM   #11
conan69
Side-Kick

Took a important scene in the series that should have been horrifying and turned into something unintentionally funny it was so badly done, gimmicky and stupid.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing when blood started rolling down the screen.

Done with this stupidity and won't be watching Fear.

"Once again, science saves the day. The end."
-Hubert J. Farnsworth
conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:19 AM   #12
MurkeNyou
Side-Kick

It seemed very cowardly to stretch this out into October. Seeing Negan was cool, but that ending was such a cop out.

MurkeNyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:47 AM   #13
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Never come on to this part of the Hype but just had to say how ****ing ******** that cliffhanger was.

This show literally builds up to more build up.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:37 AM   #14
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

I quit watching the show a year or two ago. I just thought the quality of the show went down when Gimple took over.

Hearing the hype for Negan the past few weeks I decided to watch this episode. I was quickly reminded why I quit watching the show. The cliffhanger was completely unnecessary. For me it didn't leave me wanting more it just put the nail in the coffin for the interest I had in the show.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:46 AM   #15
Overman27pj
Side-Kick

You owe the audience an emotional payoff. I will probably still watch, but more of a just because, but I bet this was a jump the shark moment (or one of many) which will lose viewers. Uncool.

Overman27pj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:50 AM   #16
I'm Venom
Acklesauce

I really thought Glenn was going to get it after he tried to intervene when Negan threatened to put Maggie out of her misery, and then we get the line from the comics "bring him up." A more natural option would've been having Negan's group disperse afterwards leaving the cast to grieve before the credits roll. That would've been enough to get me to watch S7.

My take on a new Spider-Man trilogy
1st movie: Kingpin and Vulture with Eddie Brock in a minor role
2nd movie: Kraven's Last Hunt with a Sin-Eater subplot, Spidey having the symbiote from Infinity War
3rd movie: Venom
I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:38 AM   #17
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Chris Hardwick (host of Talking Dead) is having a bad ass meltdown on reddi
Quote:
https://www.reddit.com/user/ChrisHardwick

ChrisHardwick -28 points 6 hours ago
I don't mean this disrespectfully but it's always funny that people feel like they need to tell you when they're going to unfollow, unsub, stop listening, stop watching. So...ok? Cut your cable then I guess? But thank you for watching all these years (sincerely)!

[–]ChrisHardwick -20 points 5 hours ago
Eh...I'm a massive overly sensitive dick? For giving you non-serious **** for calling me a sell out? Well in that case you're a clinically narcissistic tool who has a complete lack of awareness that calling someone a "sell out" based on their own terms (narcissism again) might not get responded to in the best way. You TAGGED me. I mean, how did you think that was going to go? And I was NOT calling all fans "spoiled" who didn't like the ending. At all. My rant was about the rude, histrionic, outrage-addicted people who were BEYOND insulting to me, to Scott and to the show the second it didn't go the way they thought it should. The specific EXPRESSIONS of those opinions that I was seeing are atrocious and THAT was what I was referring to. I stand behind that. People talking at and down to us like we're not human beings--I would love to see you deal with it for ten minutes and then get back to me. Believe me, I have the patience of a SAINT with this stuff because I get that people get passionate (so do I!) but every once in a while the sum total of aggressive insults all at once is a bit much. I'm ALSO a fan so I try to understand when people aren't happy (and I do talk to the rational ones) but that's no excuse for blatant rudeness and jamming a finger in my chest. When it comes at me like that, it becomes bullying and I do not respond well to that (thanks, childhood!). Having a constructive conversation with differing opinions is great, but name calling or calling someone's character into question or labeling them a filthy liar because you don't share their point of view is not cool. I mean, there's no way to win with people like that (and people like you, in this instance). All they (you) want me to say is, "YES, you're SOOOO right and THANK YOU for putting me in my place, Sir!!" But I won't, because I genuinely don't agree with your assessment of the episode and again--bully tactics.
I keep saying it, but if you don't want **** burgers, don't bring turds to the barbeque. ATTITUDES are what I was commenting on in the FB post, not OPINIONS. Someone's intent DOES NOT justify their toxic approach. Ironically, you said a few nice things in your first comment so I responded in a dumb, light hearted way that I though we'd both laugh off until you laid into me and called me a sensitive dick. That was totally unnecessary and it's a bummer it went down this way when it didn't have to. I'm sincerely sorry for whatever I did to contribute to it.

[–]ChrisHardwick -38 points 6 hours ago
You may have just jumped the vocabulary shark! I think "moderator" was the word you were angrily searching for. It's okay. Words are hard! Oh and eat a fart-powered blimp for the "shill" comment.

[–]ChrisHardwick -45 points 7 hours ago
Ah. If I don't think what you think I'm a huge, gross sell out. Got it. Well, since I'm piggybacking off your opinions now, I'm going to need A LOT of updates about what I'm allowed to like or not. Oh! And since we're henceforth The Borg, what are we having for breakfast in the morning?? I will like whatever the Collective likes!!!

[–]ChrisHardwick -12 points 1 day ago
Oh did you think I was talking about YOU? Geez what a narcissist! But yeah, I guess if I'm factoring in all of the racist imagery you used to make your point which you conveniently omitted from this recent "WHAT MEEEEEEEEEEEEE" response, I'd throw that in the "rude" category. Also since you asked, "shill" is undeniably rude because it ONLY has a negative connotation. For future reference on the nature of "truth", this is really just your opinion stated as a universal fact to make you feel like it has more gravity, and I'm sorry to bring you back down to reality, but it doesn't. Some people like it, some people hate it. Such things are our part of a subjective consciousness and that's okay! And while we're at it, I'd also like to take a shot in the dark at what I'm pretty sure is a sloppy hairball of hypocrisy--I'm betting if it were offered to you, you'd have done it.
Ultimately, I think you were just funnin' and I thought that's what we were doing, but I did detect hint of serious in that last comment, which is IRONIC considering you WENT OUT OF YOU WAY a the request of NO ONE to start this snark carnival. But I keep forgetting my place...I'm learning I'm supposed let people talk to me however they want whenever they want about whatever and just shut up about it or thank them. So I guess, thank you for your incisive commentary that rightfully put me in my place! Sorry for messing up the flow!!! I'll shut my shill mouth now, fine Sir!
Keep it stinky,
ch
Oh and PS - Autocorrect capitalizes Internet. You should pay more attention to your devices! It's a bold new age!!!
https://www.reddit.com/user/ChrisHardwick

Indeed
Quote:
Haha
Old 04-04-2016, 10:47 AM   #18
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Hardly a meltdown; he's defending himself against a torrent of disgusting and absolutely unnecessary vitriol. Seriously; some people's reaction to this episode is beyond childish. He has every right to defend himself and call people out on that ****.

Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:51 AM   #19
BrollySupersj
Punishment

I wouldn't say I was seeing red with the cliffhanger, but it wasn't necessary, I stand with others that this was the time to give us the ultimate heartbreak, and show the true horror of Negan.

The only way this will be pay off for me, is if the death of the character is truly different from the comics. If they stay true, I will ultimately disappointed, because then what was the ****ing point? If you intended to go that way, then just go that way, don't throw us through a loop. It's not like TWD is ever really hurting for views, breaks records all the time.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:51 AM   #20
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
Oh? You think the 14 people who voted in this poll are the only ones with an opinion on last night's episode of the most popular show on television?

This doesn't make sense...it has nothing to do with the gif you're replying to.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:57 AM   #21
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
This doesn't make sense...it has nothing to do with the gif you're replying to.
He said the hate in this thread. As if the people here are the only ones in the world who share the opinion of the finale.

Indeed
Quote:
Haha
Old 04-04-2016, 11:01 AM   #22
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
Hardly a meltdown; he's defending himself against a torrent of disgusting and absolutely unnecessary vitriol. Seriously; some people's reaction to this episode is beyond childish. He has every right to defend himself and call people out on that ****.
I'd hate to see what you'd call a meltdown, then. He would've been better off just saying something like "I can understand why the fans are upset with how the season ended."

Indeed
Quote:
Haha
Old 04-04-2016, 11:22 AM   #23
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Look, it took me a long time to love this show. Seasons 1-3 struggled due to bad acting, boring concepts and overall just lacking talent. But there was a lot of good in there too so I stuck it out.

If y'all are gonna get bent out of shape about a cliffhanger in the finale of a season... maybe TV isn't your medium of choice. Stick to the comics.

The way I see it, I was super hyped to see Negan in this episode. And I'm gonna enjoy a few months of speculation. And then I'm gonna be super hyped about the premiere. Hype can be pretty fun (see title of website).

Tradition is just dead people's baggage.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:27 AM   #24
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
I'd hate to see what you'd call a meltdown, then. He would've been better off just saying something like "I can understand why the fans are upset with how the season ended."
And the people *****ing him out (like he had any say in the matter) should have just said "I was disappointed in the episode". There is absolutely NO excuse for the childish reactions and attacks he and the crew are facing over a god damned tv show. He has EVERY RIGHT to defend himself against that. That isn't a meltdown. Lindsey Lohan had a melt down. Charlie Sheen had a melt down. Britney Spears had a melt down. You calling THIS a melt down is a complete disgregard for his and the crews humanity, their right to be treated like people and their right to defend themselves. You're just as bad as the horrible people attacking them.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:31 AM   #25
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
He said the hate in this thread. As if the people here are the only ones in the world who share the opinion of the finale.
And his comment had nothing to do with any implication that the hate was confined to this thread not that the hate was misplaced. He simply posted a gif saying he loved this ****. Once again, you're reading into things that aren't there, getting defensive and reacting without thinking.