SHH! Global Moderator

Default Jamie Foxx IS Electro

As per Variety

Quote:
Jamie Foxx in early talks to play 'Spiderman 2' villain
Thesp would play Electro in Sony movie
Thu., Nov. 1, 2012, 12:01pm PT
By Justin Kroll

It looks like Sony's "The Amazing Spiderman 2" is coming together faster than expected as sources tell Variety the studio is in early talks with Jamie Foxx to play the villain in the movie.

Though the studio would not comment on the character sources have also told Variety that Foxx would play Electro in the pic.

Electro, is the namesake of Max Dillon, an enemy of Spider-Man who gains the ability to control electricity after being struck by lightning. Created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, the character first appeared in "The Amazing Spider-Man #9" in February 1964.

In "The Amazing Spider-Man's" post-credit sequence, set inside Dr. Curt Connors' cell at an asylum, the Lizard is approached by a mysterious, shadowy figure (Michael Massee) who asks if Peter Parker knows the truth about his father. Lightning features prominently in the scene prompting auds to believe that Electro would be featured in the sequel.

Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are on board to return with Shailene Woodley in talks to join the cast as well. Marc Webb is also set to return to direct.

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing the sequel, whose screenplay will be credited to frequent tentpole scribes Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, as well as Jeff Pinkner, based on a previous draft by James Vanderbilt. "The Amazing Spider-Man" grossed $751 million worldwide, and the sequel is skedded to swing into theaters in 3D on May 2, 2014.

As for Foxx, Sony has already begun building a relationship with the thesp. Besides distributing "Django Unchained," overseas, Foxx currently stars in "White House Down" opposite Channing Tatum, which Sony is viewing as one of its major tentpoles next summer.

He is repped by CAA and Montone/Yorn.

Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 11-01-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro

Hmmmm. Extremely hmmmm.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

It is a good thing that they are doing something unpredictable.

*\S/T*
Old 11-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Interesting. He's a good actor. I guess we'll see how this choice pans out but I can't really say I'm pro/con at the moment.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
@iamjamiefoxx
Dressed up as Electro for Halloween last night. Costume fits well.
https://twitter.com/iamjamiefoxx/sta...82884552450048

Old 11-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Jamie Foxx is a great actor and I can definitely see him playing up the guy who DOESN'T want these powers burdened upon him and thinks of himself as a freak. This is an obviously unconventional choice, almost jarring, but I CAN see it working. Foxx has range. The funny thing is I was watching The Soloist in media production class today while drawing Spider-Man.

And to add fuel to the fire:
https://twitter.com/iamjamiefoxx/sta...82884552450048

Old 11-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
Mike
Banned User

Jamie foxx is a win. Left field choice.My name is mike and i approve this choice.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Jamie foxx is a win. Left field choice.My name is mike and i approve this choice.
That's the part I do happen to like. He's def not been on anyone's list to play Electro and probably one of the last people someone would consider. I guess I'm still a bit in shock because it was a surprise to read that info. He's def an awesome actor and I like that the casting is aiming high.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #9
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Wow that was really ****ing unexpected!

At first I thought (I'm no racist) "I've always viewed Electro as a white guy, this feels wrong in a way". It's just that I'm so used to one image of Electro (I had no problem with Heimdall in Thor however).

I don't know what I think about this now though. Electro is one of those character who I think I wouldn't mind a "race" (is that the correct word for it?) change. Hey, Kingpin worked wonders being black, which I think I even prefer more now. It would be a completely different thing to make Norman Osborn, Kraven or Doc Ock black for instance. Or to make Storm white in the X-Men.

Though I do have a problem and that's that to me, Jamie Foxx doesn't really look evil, he looks like a nice guy. Other than that I can totally see him having glowing eyes, shooting electricity everywhere. Could end up be a very inspired choice.

As most of you guys, I really love how left field it is though.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Guess Vincent's existential ramblings and teachings ....sparked something in Max's heart.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 11-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #11
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

See, I don't hate it, only because I suspect they'll really transform him. I can see him playing kind of a guy that's a loser and suddenly gets all this power and goes crazy.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #12
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post

At first I thought (I'm no racist) "I've always viewed Electro as a white guy, this feels wrong in a way". It's just that I'm so used to one image of Electro (I had no problem with Heimdall in Thor however).

I don't know what I think about this now though. Electro is one of those character who I think I wouldn't mind a "race" (is that the correct word for it?) change. Hey, Kingpin worked wonders being black, which I think I even prefer more now. It would be a completely different thing to make Norman Osborn, Kraven or Doc Ock black for instance.

Though I do have a problem and that's that to me, Jamie Foxx doesn't really look evil to me, he looks like a nice guy. Other than that I can totally see him having glowing eyes, shooting electricity everywhere. Could end up be a very inspired choice
I wouldn't be worried about that honestly. Great actors are able to transform themselves into their roles.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #13
JP
Smelly

I don't know how I feel about this. Jamie, as an actor, is so hit and miss. Mostly miss.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #14
Mike
Banned User

Quote:

I don't know what I think about this now though. Electro is one of those character who I think I wouldn't mind a "race" (is that the correct word for it?) change. Hey, Kingpin worked wonders being black, which I think I even prefer more now. It would be a completely different thing to make Norman Osborn, Kraven or Doc Ock black for instance. Or to make Storm white in the X-Men.

Though I do have a problem and that's that to me, Jamie Foxx doesn't really look evil to me, he looks like a nice guy. Other than that I can totally see him having glowing eyes, shooting electricity everywhere. Could end up be a very inspired choice.

As most of you guys, I really love how left field it is though.
Never start anything off as im not a racist but..... i automatically assume that youre gonna say something racist. Lol

Old 11-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #15
Oscorp
Side-Kick

His tweet would be too much of a coincidence to not be a direct hint at his role in the new Spidey film. This also confirms that Electro will wear some kind of suit.

Wow I'm really pumped for this now. The more I think about it the more I love it. For you guys who've got skills: let the manips begin!

Old 11-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #16
Zucaro
The Unbroken

I don't mind if Jamie is Electro in the end. He is a superb actor and may even give Electro a kinda more bad ass touch, right?

Old 11-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #17
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Old 11-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #18
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Never start anything off as im not a racist but..... i automatically assume that youre gonna say something racist. Lol
Thanks for the advice haha!

Old 11-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #19
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
Haha I love you for these perfectly timed memes!

Old 11-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #20
Symbiotic
Let's go catch a Spider

I am completely ok with this.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #21
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscorp View Post
haha i love you for these perfectly timed memes!
<3 <3

Old 11-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #22
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Quote:
This also confirms that Electro will wear some kind of suit.
Not really.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #23
Mike
Banned User

Quote:
His tweet would be too much of a coincidence to not be a direct hint at his role in the new Spidey film. This also confirms that Electro will wear some kind of suit.

Wow I'm really pumped for this now. The more I think about it the more I love it. For you guys who've got skills: let the manips begin!
i dont know if it really suggest that. I saw it as if jamie was subtly letting the cat out of the bag..

Old 11-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #24
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
Not really.
Now that you say it, probably not. This was a case of me writing before thinking.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #25
Spider-Man Luvr28
Amazing.

Geez, y'all are quick. I was just about to post this.

Closed Thread