Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #102
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
You shouldn't make that connection of goomba and black like that, why would him being black have anything to do with that? White people can look like a goomba to someone as well as much as any kind of guy can have a horse face or rabbit teeth. It's that "goomba? must be because he's black!" thing that I thought sounded more racist than his comment.

ANY kind of comparison to a black man or woman is something I am against, period. I really don't care if a guy is white and is compared, but just a black man or woman. Just any type of comparison I just really, really hate. Always have. Anything that could be even thought of as racist I despise.

Maybe you would know if you've had someone you cared about die due to racist douchebags that you soon start to hate anything that could be looked at such. To me, that goomba term sounded close enough.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #103
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

I can't believe the nonsense around here. JAMIE FOXX CAN PLAIN OUT ACT HIS @$$ OFF!!! And he's going to be stellar as Electro as he was in Ray, Collateral, Law Abiding Citizen, etc. And this whole Goomba talk, really?

And

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123
The guy is strictly a comedy act. I wish Hollywood would stop trying to make him the go-to black actor.
You my friend must've bumped your head HARD!!!

I mean like REALLY?? I'm out!!

Old 11-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #104
elsewhere
super

Quote:
Oh wait a minute...

a goomba is that brown mushroom thing? I thought it was one of those turtles, which is why I found the connection so odd.

Oh well then I see what you mean. What the heck Messiah, I don't see the slightest how anyone can think he looks like a goomba :S
I think he's referring to the Goomba's from the Super Mario Bros. movie.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #105
grieven
The Amazing Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
I'm not the only one who thinks ASM was a great start to a Spider-man trilogy.

In fact you're one of the few haters of ASM around these parts.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #106
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
His forehead looks like cleavage...

I thought Goombas were Italians. I kid, I kid. They're cute and they never wanted to hurt Mario.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #107
elsewhere
super

I see a resemblance.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #108
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post

ANY kind of comparison to a black man or woman is something I am against, period. I really don't care if a guy is white and is compared, but just a black man or woman. Just any type of comparison I just really, really hate. Always have. Anything that could be even thought of as racist I despise.

Maybe you would know if you've had someone you cared about die due to racist douchebags that you soon start to hate anything that could be looked at such. To me, that goomba term sounded close enough.
I despise racism as well. But you mean it's more OK to call a white man or woman something. That's just wrong. It's not more or less OK to make animal comparisions to any human being.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #109
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I thought Goombas were Italians. I kid, I kid. They're cute and they never wanted to hurt Mario.
Harmless creatures until you approach them. Mario's just a dick.

Lol at the Italian thing.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #110
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

So it's okay for everyone to say Lizard looks like a Goomba but someone says Jamie Foxx does and "holy **** guys we have a problem here."

I'm starting to think you might be a little racist towards giant lizard people, Anno. I'm slightly offended.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #111
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I despise racism as well. But you mean it's more OK to call a white man or woman something. That's just wrong. It's not more or less OK to make animal comparisions to any human being.
I don't care if someone wants to call me anything to be perfectly honest. Of course it's a big deal if someone calls any human being an awful name, but the term goomba towards Foxx, who's a black man...that just sounded unsettling to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
So it's okay for everyone to say Lizard looks like a Goomba but someone says Jamie Foxx does and "holy **** guys we have a problem here."

I'm starting to think you might be a little racist towards giant lizard people, Anno. I'm slightly offended.
Man, **** giant lizard people

Old 11-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #112
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

there goes DC's limelight if they make a Static Shock movie. i bet marvel paid sony to do it.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #113
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick

I like it. Foxx is going to have a great outing in Django and Electro is not a character that is so cemented that you can't give someone like Foxx the role.

Those that say no cause hes black and Electro is white, just need to die soon and realize we live in 2012 not 1912 and seeing these character being brought to life by anyone is a miracle and should just be looked at who is the better actor.

The Jersey Critic (Latest Review: The Wolverine!)

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #114
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Man, **** giant lizard people
Watch it, I might have to call the NAAGLP on you.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #115
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't care if someone wants to call me anything to be perfectly honest. Of course it's a big deal if someone calls any human being an awful name, but the term goomba towards Foxx, who's a black man...that just sounded unsettling to read.
As I said, I thought he was referring to those turtle dudes and thought he might see something in the face that I just don't because it didn't seem to have anything to do with his black skin or anything like that. But seeing as a goomba is one of those brown mushrooms which it's pretty much impossible to even look like the slightest in facial features it seems it was only because of the skin color in which I agree that it was a racist comment.

And yeah, calling anyone anything ugly and downgrading is just bad, period.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #116
grieven
The Amazing Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJoker View Post
I like it. Foxx is going to have a great outing in Django and Electro is not a character that is so cemented that you can't give someone like Foxx the role.

Those that say no cause hes black and Electro is white, just need to die soon and realize we live in 2012 not 1912 and seeing these character being brought to life by anyone is a miracle and should just be looked at who is the better actor.
I'm not a fan of Foxx and would much rather see someone else in the role, but it has nothing to do with him being black. I'd be all for another black actor in the Electro role.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #117
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
Watch it, I might have to call the NAAGLP on you.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #118
elsewhere
super

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJoker View Post

I'm not racist AT ALL, but I am admittedly upset a black person is playing Electro. I felt the same when Michael Clarke Duncan was cast as Kingpin. Oddly enough I didn't have a problem with Idris Elba playing Heimdall.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #119
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
But saying he's a goomba and with Foxx being a black man, it just sounds like something that I'd punch someone in the face for.

It's fine if you find it a great start, but I certainly don't and outside of "these parts" a lot of people feel the same way that I do.
yes and outside these parts the ASM haters are still the vocal minority.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #120
grieven
The Amazing Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
yes and outside these parts the ASM haters are still the vocal minority.
Personally I know more people who hated TDKR than ASM, but the last thing I want is a Spider-Man vs. Batman flame war.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #121
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

I was hoping for Ben Foster or Aaron Paul as Electro. Oh well... if Foxx shaves his head bald like he did in "Miami Vice", he could be the Ultimate Electro.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #122
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
I see Electro in this franchise as being a cocky nutjob but someone who is deep down just an ordinary joe, and someone who will come good in the end.
We just had that with The Lizard.

- The Joker
Old 11-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #123
TheFuture
Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
We just had that with The Lizard.
And with Doc Ock....and new Goblin....and with Sandman. Why break tradition?

Old 11-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #124
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
And with Doc Ock....and new Goblin....and with Sandman. Why break tradition?
That was the previous franchise. Lets not let that repetition spread into this one.

- The Joker
Old 11-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #125
webhead9707
Dr. Perky

Well and Lizard didn't really become "good", perse, he was cured. The Lizard is still evil, it's just that Connors ISN'T the Lizard anymore.

By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
Closed Thread