The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead

Old 11-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Default "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better!" - the Shane Walsh memorial thread

Hit it.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Default Re: "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better!" - the Shane Walsh memorial thread

What, no Shane fans?

Eh, who can blame you, if that were the case? He was a real prick...

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
Randal Graves
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better!" - the Shane Walsh memorial thread

Randal Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Ugh....the group is so much better without his mentally unstable BS.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #5
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I liked the moments where Shane would throw blame Rick's way for things that were his own fault... "Rick, you left to go get Merle and we all got attacked!" Excuse me, Shane, I don't think Rick told you to have everyone gather around the fire without anyone standing watch.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #6
tzarinna
С новым годом!

Lol.^
Um, he was sexy? I did have a few coworkers that really did like Shane, thought he was a bad ass and that Rick was a wuss.

tzarinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

For some reason he always reminded me of Lenny from of mice and men when he stared rocking that buzzed, over-alls look.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #8
galmorzu
Side-Kick

Say what you will about Shane, and the dude was pretty messed up by the end, but I always like his obvous care for Carl. He was always there for Carl and seemed happy to talk with him.

Not like he was trying to take over the father role, but just really took a liking to Carl and did well filling that role.

galmorzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #9
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galmorzu View Post
Say what you will about Shane, and the dude was pretty messed up by the end, but I always like his obvous care for Carl. He was always there for Carl and seemed happy to talk with him.

Not like he was trying to take over the father role, but just really took a liking to Carl and did well filling that role.
No no, he was.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #10
Maximus One
Oddball

Yea but you know he genuinely cared for them. If Rick had never returned it's actually quite reasonable to believe that he may not have snapped the way he did.

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #11
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Old 11-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #12
Soapy
It's happening again...

Shane was the leader the group deserved, but not the one it needed.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #13
yogamble
Side-Kick

Not sure to this day what the big deal was with Shane killing Otis. It was obviously a him or Shane situation. I guess Dale would have been happier if they both just never came back and Carl died? Dale was like the ex girlfriend who has to invent **** to ***** about. In this case, Shane shooting Otis to get away.

yogamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #14
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

They should do an alternate reality episode where Shane killed Rick and we get to see Shane take on the flood of zombies on the farm and where he takes the group afterwards.

GoldGoblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #15
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
They should do an alternate reality episode where Shane killed Rick and we get to see Shane take on the flood of zombies on the farm and where he takes the group afterwards.
He wouldn't have taken them anywhere. They would've gotten wise to what he did, given what Glenn and Daryl found.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #16
HighFivingMF
Welp.

After Lori told Carl he was the best thing she's ever done I was hoping the baby would pop out and say, in Shane's voice, "I'M A BETTER THING SHE'S DONE THAN YOU, CAAARLLLL!"

Old 11-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #17
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
After Lori told Carl he was the best thing she's ever done I was hoping the baby would pop out and say, in Shane's voice, "I'M A BETTER THING SHE'S DONE THAN YOU, CAAARLLLL!"
And then Carl wastes no time blowing the baby's head off.

"I'm Team Rick, *****."

Old 11-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #18
BattleCat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Then, we'd know for sure who was the father.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #19
Project862006
Banned User

ok who wins in the battle of psychotic Shane's?

Shane Walsh vs Shane Vendrell

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #20
Maximus One
Oddball

Vendrell BY FAR! He was nothing but one train wreck after another for 7 seasons.

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #21
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Anyone recognize the voice from this commercial?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #22
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
That would be pretty interesting to watch.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #23
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

I love the way that they fleshed out Shane's character in the TV show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamble View Post
Not sure to this day what the big deal was with Shane killing Otis. It was obviously a him or Shane situation. I guess Dale would have been happier if they both just never came back and Carl died? Dale was like the ex girlfriend who has to invent **** to ***** about. In this case, Shane shooting Otis to get away.
What?

Shane shot him on purpose to use him as bait so that he could get away. It's not like Otis sacrificed himself for Shane to get away. That moment really showed Shane would do anything for Lori and Carl, and him coming back with those medical supplies was his way of proving that to her.

Dale knows what Shane is capable of, which is why he questioned what really happened.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #24
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I think the justification was that Otis broke his ankle and he would have slowed them down to the point where they both would not have made it. Still, it was a ****** move and a better man, like Rick would've done everything possible to save him.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #25
HighFivingMF
Welp.

And Shane ****ing kneecapped him so he'd be eaten alive. Giant dick move.