The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 11-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #326
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick

Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Yeah, it certainly wasn't her best work by any means. And I think her playing another femme fatale in a Nolan film after Inception might have been a tad obvious (although I think Nolan kind of wanted to lean on this familiarity to his audience a bit to help "sell" her evilness)

Still though, it's kinda neat to think that this series featured Ra's and Talia al Ghul played by Oscar nominee Liam Neeson and Oscar winner Marion Cotillard.

More and more actually, Neeson's performance has become one of my favorites of the trilogy. I kind of took it for granted at first because on some level it's just Liam Neeson being Liam Neeson, but he really makes an amazing cinematic Ra's al Ghul and gives the role a lot of prestige. He makes you fully believe in the idea that Batman could feasibly take on 600 men because he just has that kind of commanding on-screen presence.

Really off topic I know.
I agree, Neeson is a big part of the reason why the Batman Begins premise is somewhat plausible.

MAKAVELI25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #327
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
I completely disagree here. Marion was the worst performance in TDKR (death scene was laughable), I can't remember a performance from Sophie were I had a reaction like that.
It may not have been great, but laughable? Did people really laugh when the death scene happened?

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #328
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
It may not have been great, but laughable? Did people really laugh when the death scene happened?
Actually, every time I've seen it, yes.

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #329
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
Yeah, it certainly wasn't her best work by any means. And I think her playing another femme fatale in a Nolan film after Inception might have been a tad obvious (although I think Nolan kind of wanted to lean on this familiarity to his audience a bit to help "sell" her evilness)

Still though, it's kinda neat to think that this series featured Ra's and Talia al Ghul played by Oscar nominee Liam Neeson and Oscar winner Marion Cotillard.

More and more actually, Neeson's performance has become one of my favorites of the trilogy. I kind of took it for granted at first because on some level it's just Liam Neeson being Liam Neeson, but he really makes an amazing cinematic Ra's al Ghul and gives the role a lot of prestige. He makes you fully believe in the idea that Batman could feasibly take on 600 men because he just has that kind of commanding on-screen presence.

Really off topic I know.
Liam's performance gets better and better every single time I watch Begins

Free Original Music
Old 11-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #330
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Guilty. I had the same reaction when she died as in that awkwardly funny scene when Peter starts crying in SM3, it was just such a moment

MAKAVELI25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #331
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
Actually, every time I've seen it, yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
Guilty. I had the same reaction when she died as in that awkwardly funny scene when Peter starts crying in SM3, it was just such a moment
Hrm, must've been me. And talking about Spider-Man 3, while I didn't laugh when Peter cried, I did wonder why he made such an awkward face, but I didn't find anything laughable with Talia's death. Made me scratch my head with the "jolt" she made, but that's it.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #332
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
They've got parodies of it on the net.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #333
Anno_Domini
Banned User

They've got parodies for Bane as well, but Bane wasn't laughable.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #334
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
They've got parodies for Bane as well, but Bane wasn't laughable.
There's parodies of a ton of comic book characters from movies on the net who are not funny. They are not intended to mock the characters because they were laughably bad in the movie. They're just comedy sketches for fun.

How many parodies can you find of the death of a villain that was supposed to be serious and dramatic in the movie? Just look at this link alone; http://peopledyinglikemarioncotillard.tumblr.com/

Five pages of "people dying like Marion Cottiard" lol.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 11-24-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #335
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

There are parodies of the interrogation scene in TDK, namely because of Batman's voice, and that's like the key scene to the whole movie (and still one of my favorite scenes in the entire trilogy, mind you). Much more important a scene than Talia's death scene, in the grand scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
How many parodies can you find of the death of a villain that was supposed to be serious and dramatic in the movie? Just look at this link alone; http://peopledyinglikemarioncotillard.tumblr.com/

Hahaha. Oh internet...what a wonderful world.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #336
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
There are parodies of the interrogation scene in TDK, namely because of Batman's voice, and that's like the key scene to the whole movie (and still one of my favorite scenes in the entire trilogy, mind you). Much more important a scene than Talia's death scene, in the grand scheme.
There's like one or two parodies of the interrogation room scene about Batman's voice. That's a dig at Batman's voice, not the scene itself. There's parodies of many scenes from TDK, like the mob meeting with the Joker; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNnr4...feature=relmfu

Like the interrogation room, it's not a dig at the scene itself. It's just a comedy sketch. Spoofs are done for great scenes in movies all the time. You don't see parodies and spoofs being done by the dozen for what is supposed to be a serious and dramatic death.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 11-24-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #337
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

I can't stop laughing.

Free Original Music
Old 11-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #338
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:

I can't stop laughing.
LOL the dog is more convincing than she was

- The Joker
Old 11-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #339
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:

Ahahahahaha!!!!!!

Classic.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #340
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
There's like one or two parodies of the interrogation room scene about Batman's voice. That's a dig at Batman's voice, not the scene itself. There's parodies of many scenes from TDK, like the mob meeting with the Joker; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNnr4...feature=relmfu

Like the interrogation room, it's not a dig at the scene itself. It's just a comedy sketch. Spoofs are done for great scenes in movies all the time. You don't see parodies and spoofs being done by the dozen for what is supposed to be a serious and dramatic death.
Yeah, I do get the difference. Not saying it wasn't a weak death, just that the internet these days is super meme-driven with everyone looking to get in on the fun, so I tend to take it all with a bit of a grain of salt.

But the dog gif is priceless, heh.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #341
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Just look at this link alone; http://peopledyinglikemarioncotillard.tumblr.com/

That's priceless.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #342
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Her death was actually pretty realistic, just not very theatrical, which ended up working against them. It was supposed to be a parallel of sorts to Bruce - they both broke their backs, only she was essentially paralyzed and that last twitch was the final moment where it finally gave out. We're used to deaths a certain way, and that was not it, haha. What really made it ridiculous was Gordon being absolutely fine.

As for the parodies, none of them are digs at the scenes themselves but at a part of the performances, so there really isn't much difference, imo.

Last edited by TheBat812; 11-24-2012 at 07:22 PM.
TheBat812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #343
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
As for the parodies, none of them are digs at the scenes themselves but at a part of the performances, so there really isn't much difference, imo.
Really, so who's performance is this one having a dig at; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNnr4...feature=relmfu

- The Joker
Old 11-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #344
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
There's parodies of a ton of comic book characters from movies on the net who are not funny. They are not intended to mock the characters because they were laughably bad in the movie. They're just comedy sketches for fun.

I'm not denying that the death was made to become a parody for so many to use, but just the idea that it has parodies doesn't mean the character or scene is laughable at all. Although, while I didn't find the scene funny, those parodies are pretty hilarious.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #345
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Really, so who's performance is this one having a dig at; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNnr4...feature=relmfu
I was talking about the Batman voice vs Cotillard comparison specifically. Hilarious spoof though, thanks for sharing.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #346
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
I'm not denying that the death was made to become a parody for so many to use, but just the idea that it has parodies doesn't mean the character or scene is laughable at all.
I'm not talking about her character, I'm talking about her death scene. Like with Batman's voice, it's found laughable by a lot of people. It's one of the most criticized things in the movie. There are some people who don't find Batman's voice laughable, but like you with Cottiard's death scene they are a minority.

Too many people criticized it and made parodies of it, like they did over Batman's voice, to say it's not considered laughable;
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
I was talking about the Batman voice vs Cotillard comparison specifically. Hilarious spoof though, thanks for sharing.
Yes, they are both performance mocks. Though in Batman's case it's not Christian's fault since his voice was meddled with in post production.

- The Joker
Old 11-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #347
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I'm not talking about her character, I'm talking about her death scene. Like with Batman's voice, it's found laughable by a lot of people. It's one of the most criticized things in the movie. There are some people who don't find Batman's voice laughable, but like you with Cottiard's death scene they are a minority.
I wasn't speaking on the character of Talia either though. I'm generalizing parodies as in talking about characters(for instance, Bane) or a scene(for instance, Talia's death scene). The parodies are indeed incredibly funny, but it's definitely something I never thought of being really funny, but to each their own I guess. I can laugh at Batman yelling out "Where's the trigger!?!?!?!" to Bane, but for some reason I just don't laugh at Talia's death scene, lol.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #348
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:

Too many people criticized it and made parodies of it, like they did over Batman's voice, to say it's not considered laughable;
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Yes, they are both performance mocks. Though in Batman's case it's not Christian's fault since his voice was meddled with in post production.
No, people have mocked his voice in all three films.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #349
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Oh god, first time I saw TDKR, when Batman started yelling "Where's the trigger?!?!" I literally had to stifle my laughter and remind myself that the scene was serious.

Free Original Music
Old 11-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #350
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Oh god, first time I saw TDKR, when Batman started yelling "Where's the trigger?!?!" I literally had to stifle my laughter and remind myself that the scene was serious.
Felt the same way. My brother told me he wanted to laugh as well but we knew we couldn't since the scene was so important and supposed to be so serious as well.