The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Old 11-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #126
Verbal21
Side-Kick

Default Re: Will They/Should They Bring Back Boba Fett?

Hell yeah. I remember the comic where Han was going crazy from seeing a bunch of Boba's and it turned out he was training recruits. Would love to see something like that on-screen.

Verbal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:39 AM   #127
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

I complete disagree with this sentiment. Boba Fett has, at best, been a side character in the Star Wars movie and TV shows. And as such, he should continue to do so. Having him front and centre with lots of screentime robs him of much of his mystique; which was what drew fans to him in the first place - the guy being a silent professional, competent and efficient at his task of capturing Solo, and having the stones to talk back to Vader without getting killed; all while remaining mostly in the background.

Having Boba Fett train a team of bounty hunters and/or Mandalorians would be confusing to the viewers thanks to their identical helmets; in which case, the main way to differentiate him from the others would be to have him without his helmet. Which is again, in my opinion a no-no.

Lastly, having multiples of him cheapens and, by necessity, weakens each individual - thanks to the Conservation of Ninjutsu. One of the smartest things Lucas did was to make Boba Fett an individual. Originally, he had intended the bounty hunters to be an elite team of mercenaries in identical armour who Vader hires to hunt down the Millennium Falcon and its crew. However, he wisely decided to make them more individualised explicitly so that when one of them reappeared to trap them on Cloud City, the viewers would recognise said individual.

mr. peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:44 AM   #128
Octoberist
point blank

Lucas even admitted not knowing how popular he was when he was done with 'Return of the Jedi'. It's an ignorant comment, because even 'ET' featured Fett's figure so he did have sort of impact, but I digress. My point was that Lucas and the crew just saw him a narrative device so they Han/Leia can get trapped. So they didn't think too much of Boba at the time because honestly.. it could've been any of those other bounty hunters (considering their mindframe back then.)

But the initial reaction to Boba was 'Wow he's cool looking'. I think that was the appeal and it was simple: He was mysterious and looked cool. Completely superfluous, I'm sure. And the fandom grew from there.

And the other thing is that adult Boba works better with the helmet on the entire time. I don't want to see his face despite the prequels or his clone backstory. Think of him as Judge Dredd. And I'm sure even in the post-Episode II Star Wars comics never revealed his face. And I'm with what 'Mr. Peasant' said: Boba works better as an individual. When you bring in other Mandalorians, then it makes Boba less appealing. That can be debatable however, but I'm leaning towards Peasant's stance.

Last edited by Octoberist; 11-24-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Octoberist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:34 AM   #129
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I'm fine either way. He's not essential to me, but I won't complain if we get him.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:40 AM   #130
Octoberist
point blank

I would rather see the Mandolorians instead. But does that mean they all have to be Aussies?

Octoberist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:46 AM   #131
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Yes. With mullets coming out of their helmets.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #132
DieSmiling
WINNING

I probably wouldn't bring him back (doesn't seem like there's a logical fit for him in a story set so many years later) but I wouldn't be opposed to it if they felt there was a reason for him to be part of the new trilogy.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #133
Destructus86
Side-Kick

It would be nice...but Boba Fett....IS DEAD.