The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars Sequels

Old 08-14-2015, 07:08 PM   #1
eatup
Banned User

Default Why must a Jedi carry only one lightsaber?

In Episode I, Obi and Qi are seen cutting thru sealed doors by stabbing their light sabers thru them and tracing an oval.

Imagine both could have gotten the job done much faster with a tripple blade lightsaber that focused their beams towards the central axis. That's three times the power of a conventional lightsaber for cutting thru metal objects like doors and small aircrafts.

Why must a Jedi carry only one type of lightsaber? Samurais are often seen with multiple katana hilts emanating from their waist belts.

Would it not be more interesting to see that sort of stuff in Ep 8/9? They have the conventional stuff for close combat sparring, and unconventional stuff (multiple blades or a lightsaber with a really huge blade) for other purposes like in Episode I that are deemed crucial for survival.

What if there is a class of former Jedis that sort of rebelled against the Jedi order (peacefully) and became mercenaries? That would be the sort of ideal setting for someone to carry multiple laser tools...

Last edited by eatup; 08-14-2015 at 07:11 PM.
eatup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:22 PM   #2
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Why must a Jedi carry only one lightsaber?

in TCW and Rebels, Ahsoka Tano carries two lightsabers (on for each hand). And she's skilled enough to wield both at the same time. So I'd imagine that they don't HAVE to. Most just CHOOSE to. Also Anakin fights with two lightsabers at one point in AOTC.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:20 PM   #3
eatup
Banned User

If memory serves me correctly, Anakin was using Obi's lightsaber while he was knocked unconscious, so that doesn't count.

I mean you look at the design and stuff, they're wearing Japanese yukatas in SW, so might as well go all the way and have multiple swords of your own just like a samurai...

eatup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:53 AM   #4
The Face
Side-Kick

Every lightsaber is hand-crafted by the Jedi who wields it and it's a very involved process. Some do use two however.

The Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:39 PM   #5
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Expensive, batteries are