The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #51
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,358
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

In no ****ing way did they chose Jamie because they wanted some "mixture". That's just ridiculous.

Electro is in no way bound to be white. He's one of those characters where it doesn't really matter at all if he's portrayed white or black.

They definitely went with the actor they found best for the role. I can totally see Jamie as a great Electro and I'm sure Webb & Co sees that even more. To say anything else is just stupid.

__________________
Yeah they should just cancel the films and not even bother and spend the budget on building a giant statue of toby macguire instead!
-BRAB
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #52
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung
 
Colossal Spoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: A bar on Oa
Posts: 62,273
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

What criteria does a character have to meet to determine whether his/her race in the comics shouldn't be adhered to for film?

I think Jaime was cast to add diversity to the franchise. Same with Heimdall, Kingpin, and Fury.

__________________
Once you get over the need to prove everybody wrong and "correct" opinions you disagree with, the internet becomes a much more pleasant and less frustrating place.
Colossal Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #53
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
In no ****ing way did they chose Jamie because they wanted some "mixture". That's just ridiculous.

Electro is in no way bound to be white. He's one of those characters where it doesn't really matter at all if he's portrayed white or black.

They definitely went with the actor they found best for the role. I can totally see Jamie as a great Electro and I'm sure Webb & Co sees that even more. To say anything else is just stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
What criteria does a character have to meet to determine whether his/her race in the comics shouldn't be adhered to for film?

I think Jaime was cast to add diversity to the franchise. Same with Heimdall, Kingpin, and Fury.
I think Nick Fury was black because they just wanted Samuel Jackson to play him (as he is just simply awesome btw). I imagine they wanted diversity for Heimdall, since Thor is supposed to be based on Norse mythology (which is Germanic).

Kingpin doesn't really matter. He just has to be big and powerful. Michael Clarke Duncan is very talented, and was absolutely perfect for that role. I'm so sad he had to pass away. It would have been great to see him as Kingpin again.

Electro's race is not important either. He is an electrician that wants revenge (to simplify it). So all you need is a talented actor who can play the part, no matter what the race is.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #54
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung
 
Colossal Spoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: A bar on Oa
Posts: 62,273
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Ok, but who makes these rules? I'm sure I could find a hardcore Kingpin fan who's grown up with the white version and was not too happy to see MCD playing the role. And if race is suddenly unimportant for some characters, will we get to point where changing their gender is no big deal either.

The creators came up with these characters. If movie directors want to use a certain actor, then why not come up with their own new character and they can run wild with thatt.

__________________
Once you get over the need to prove everybody wrong and "correct" opinions you disagree with, the internet becomes a much more pleasant and less frustrating place.
Colossal Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #55
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!
 
Keyser Soze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 19,926
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

I'm totally cool with Jamie Foxx playing Electro, he should be fine in the role. Though it's funny, I remember going back the best part of a decade now, my longstanding top choice to play Electro was Jamie Foxx's Django Unchained co-star, Walt Goggins. I didn't think it was ever likely to happen, as back then Goggins' biggest role was on The Shield and I didn't know if he'd ever be more than a TV actor. Fast-forward to now, however, and Django is reportedly poised to be a breakthrough role for him. Given another year or so he could have been well placed to actually be a credible choice for a Spider-Man movie villain.

__________________
Check out my comic, THE STANDARD!

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #56
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly
 
Cagefighterkip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Pacific NW
Posts: 4,669
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Jaime Foxx as Electro is a bizarre choice but he's a talented guy, and Webb knows what he's doing. "Amazing" was great, so I'm sure his sequel will be as well. It's the Harry Osborn casting that blows my mind though (in a good way).

__________________
The only people who are confused about the LGBT-world, and hate it, are adults.

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Cagefighterkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #57
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
Ok, but who makes these rules? I'm sure I could find a hardcore Kingpin fan who's grown up with the white version and was not too happy to see MCD playing the role. And if race is suddenly unimportant for some characters, will we get to point where changing their gender is no big deal either.

The creators came up with these characters. If movie directors want to use a certain actor, then why not come up with their own new character and they can run wild with thatt.
Nobody really makes these rules. I don't think changing race is the same as changing gender. If people were unhappy with MCD as Kingpin, their problem. Its not that race is entirely unimportant, it really depends on the role. Creating a new character for a movie just to use a certain actor is worse than changing the race of one.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #58
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung
 
Colossal Spoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: A bar on Oa
Posts: 62,273
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

I just have to keep reminding myself that these movies are in their own universe so they don't have to stick to any of the source material if they don't want to.

__________________
Once you get over the need to prove everybody wrong and "correct" opinions you disagree with, the internet becomes a much more pleasant and less frustrating place.
Colossal Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #59
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
I just have to keep reminding myself that these movies are in their own universe so they don't have to stick to any of the source material if they don't want to.
Changing the race isn't such a big deal IMO.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #60
That person
Bull Moose
 
That person's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 428
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I'm really starting to think that a lot of people are mad just because he isn't white.
Racism? On the internet? What madness.

__________________
"Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., nicknamed "Teddy" or "TR", was born October 27, 1858 in New York City. As a young child, he was often sick and was stricken with asthma. Viewing this as a challenge, he proceeded to beat his asthma to death."- Cracked
That person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #61
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,358
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
What criteria does a character have to meet to determine whether his/her race in the comics shouldn't be adhered to for film?

I think Jaime was cast to add diversity to the franchise. Same with Heimdall, Kingpin, and Fury.
Marvel Studios based their Fury on the Ultimate version, who is meant to look like Samuel L. Jackson. So that choice was a no brainer.

About Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin. Let's be honest here. Do you really know a better choice? Someone who is that big, around that age who also can act? He sure was the best one they could find.

Heimdall is a not as obvious one as the other two. But don't you think he's perfect for the role? I am 100% sure that they went through some auditions and options and ended up finding him to be the best one. Therefore they, of course, picked him. Do you know any other actor who'd give the same great presence, voice and look to the character?

Remember that many of these comic book characters were created a long time ago. It's different times now. Racism still exist to a high degree unfortunately, but different medias have come a long way since back then. Don't you find it a bit strange that Spider-Man has almost no black "big" character (with big, I don't mean in body size but in how big of a presence they have). Sure, there's Robbie and his son, Prowler...but that's pretty much it as far as I can remember.

It's the same as how many of Spidey's villains are from Russia. They're products of the times. Had those same characters been created today instead, they sure as hell wouldn't be from Russia.

While Electro being black in the film makes him not look much like his comic book counterpart (which I can see why some wouldn't like if they want their favourite villain from the pages come to life on the big screen. But then, would you really want that mask? Because that would have to be kept as well with that logic), it really doesn't affect more than that. Watch some films with Foxx and tell me you can't see him play the role greatly.

It's sad that a great actor can't play characters that aren't even that big in the comics, because he's not white like every other comic book character.

There's one thing to change the skin colour of a very important and major character such as Norman Osborn, Doc Ock, Venom, Connors, Mary Jane, Gwen, JJJ etc. or other characters that has a clear reason for their race such as Kraven and maybe Chameleon. But I really can't see why it would be such a big deal to make Electro black.

Seriously, Mysterio is one of my favourite villains in comic books but I don't think I'd have any problem at all if they'd make him black. Not even Shocker as well.

__________________
Yeah they should just cancel the films and not even bother and spend the budget on building a giant statue of toby macguire instead!
-BRAB
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #62
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung
 
Colossal Spoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: A bar on Oa
Posts: 62,273
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Marvel Studios based their Fury on the Ultimate version, who is meant to look like Samuel L. Jackson. So that choice was a no brainer.
I'm very familiar with Ultimate Fury and his resemblance to Sam Jackson. I still think his inclusion into the movie-verse was for racial diversity. Deodato draws Norman Osborn identical to Tommy Lee Jones and Land's Tony Stark is pretty much Sawyer from Lost. I'm not expecting those 2 actors to show up as those roles.

Quote:
About Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin. Let's be honest here. Do you really know a better choice? Someone who is that big, around that age who also can act? He sure was the best one they could find.
Why is Hollywood so opposed to casting unknowns as comic book characters? I'm sure there's a tall, strong, fat, white dude who could have pulled off the role. Affleck, Farrell, and Garner, were more than enough star power for that movie...which ended up being garbage anyway.

Quote:
Heimdall is a not as obvious one as the other two. But don't you think he's perfect for the role? I am 100% sure that they went through some auditions and options and ended up finding him to be the best one. Therefore they, of course, picked him. Do you know any other actor who'd give the same great presence, voice and look to the character?
Perhaps I haven't read enough Thor comics, b/c I don't think Heimdall has a strong enough personality to warrant such casting deliberation. He sits at the edge of the Bifrost bridge, has visions, and wields a badass sword. Elba did a fantastic job, but he looked so out of place on Asgard to me. As somebody who's often the token black guy at gatherings, I can relate

Quote:
Remember that many of these comic book characters were created a long time ago. It's different times now. Racism still exist to a high degree unfortunately, but different medias have come a long way since back then. Don't you find it a bit strange that Spider-Man has almost no black "big" character (with big, I don't mean in body size but in how big of a presence they have). Sure, there's Robbie and his son, Prowler...but that's pretty much it as far as I can remember.

It's the same as how many of Spidey's villains are from Russia. They're products of the times. Had those same characters been created today instead, they sure as hell wouldn't be from Russia.
I totally agree. But rather than go racebending to shoehorn in some minorities into the movies, the movie and comic people should get together and create new villains and heroes of their desired race. It's not like a novel where you have to use your imagination to bring the character to life. Artists have been showing us pictures of these characters as a specific race for 20+ years.

Quote:
While Electro being black in the film makes him not look much like his comic book counterpart (which I can see why some wouldn't like if they want their favourite villain from the pages come to life on the big screen. But then, would you really want that mask? Because that would have to be kept as well with that logic), it really doesn't affect more than that. Watch some films with Foxx and tell me you can't see him play the role greatly.

It's sad that a great actor can't play characters that aren't even that big in the comics, because he's not white like every other comic book character.
I'm a big fan of Foxx's acting work and I'm sure this movie will be awesome; it's only 1 movie in and I prefer it to Toby's trilogy. But heck yes, I'd have wanted that ridiculous mask IF this were an adaptation of the 616 universe. But like I have to keep reminding myself, these movies are some other universe where directors can do whatever they want, like the Catwoman movie.

Quote:
There's one thing to change the skin colour of a very important and major character such as Norman Osborn, Doc Ock, Venom, Connors, Mary Jane, Gwen, JJJ etc. or other characters that has a clear reason for their race such as Kraven and maybe Chameleon. But I really can't see why it would be such a big deal to make Electro black.

Seriously, Mysterio is one of my favourite villains in comic books but I don't think I'd have any problem at all if they'd make him black. Not even Shocker as well.
This is where I'm confused. Who do you poll to find out which characters are major or minor and can have their races changed w/o causing too much disruption? They made Alicia Masters black in the F4 movies and nobody flinched, why is Mary Jane safe. Then again, they did cast Alba as Sue Storm.

__________________
Once you get over the need to prove everybody wrong and "correct" opinions you disagree with, the internet becomes a much more pleasant and less frustrating place.
Colossal Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #63
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,358
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

IMO, what makes a character set as the way they were created is how big of importance they are in that world, how classic they are, as well as those characters who clearly should stay with the same ethnicity (Kraven).

Why? Because those characters are so important to the majority of the readers (at least I think) that even a change of race would feel upsetting. Norman Osborn COULD be a black man because his race has nothing to do with his character (as far as I know), but he's such a classic and important character that it would just be wrong. Same goes for Doc Ock. This is, of course, my opinion so I can't speak for everybody.

Electro, while a classic villain, doesn't have that same status at all. Neither do Mysterio, Shocker, Scorpion, etc.

I agree with you that creating new characters is better than changing existing ones, but in a film we want the well known villains. And if Jamie Foxx is the best actor for the role, he should have it.

About Heimdall, I thought he fit perfectly in that world. I didn't even think about him being the only black man. There were some asians too so it wasn't only caucasians + one black man. Think of Asgard as a world like ours where people look different. He really striked me as an awesome Viking god with his whole presence so it never felt weird to me.

__________________
Yeah they should just cancel the films and not even bother and spend the budget on building a giant statue of toby macguire instead!
-BRAB
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #64
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

I can't believe there is an argument over race. Let's move on from this.

I think Jamie Foxx will be great as Electro, and give it all he's got.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #65
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung
 
Colossal Spoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: A bar on Oa
Posts: 62,273
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Were we arguing? His race will be an issue until the movie comes out, so I'd get used to it or prepared to be annoyed for the next year.

__________________
Once you get over the need to prove everybody wrong and "correct" opinions you disagree with, the internet becomes a much more pleasant and less frustrating place.
Colossal Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #66
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Moving on...

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:05 AM   #67
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick
 
GoldGoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California(The Golden State)
Posts: 14,487
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

What if they casted that little person from Game of Thrones to play Doc Ock.

GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #68
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung
 
Colossal Spoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: A bar on Oa
Posts: 62,273
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Dinklage would give it 110%

__________________
Once you get over the need to prove everybody wrong and "correct" opinions you disagree with, the internet becomes a much more pleasant and less frustrating place.
Colossal Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:37 AM   #69
Rise_-
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 363
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
I'm very familiar with Ultimate Fury and his resemblance to Sam Jackson. I still think his inclusion into the movie-verse was for racial diversity. Deodato draws Norman Osborn identical to Tommy Lee Jones and Land's Tony Stark is pretty much Sawyer from Lost. I'm not expecting those 2 actors to show up as those roles.



Why is Hollywood so opposed to casting unknowns as comic book characters? I'm sure there's a tall, strong, fat, white dude who could have pulled off the role. Affleck, Farrell, and Garner, were more than enough star power for that movie...which ended up being garbage anyway.



Perhaps I haven't read enough Thor comics, b/c I don't think Heimdall has a strong enough personality to warrant such casting deliberation. He sits at the edge of the Bifrost bridge, has visions, and wields a badass sword. Elba did a fantastic job, but he looked so out of place on Asgard to me. As somebody who's often the token black guy at gatherings, I can relate



I totally agree. But rather than go racebending to shoehorn in some minorities into the movies, the movie and comic people should get together and create new villains and heroes of their desired race. It's not like a novel where you have to use your imagination to bring the character to life. Artists have been showing us pictures of these characters as a specific race for 20+ years.



I'm a big fan of Foxx's acting work and I'm sure this movie will be awesome; it's only 1 movie in and I prefer it to Toby's trilogy. But heck yes, I'd have wanted that ridiculous mask IF this were an adaptation of the 616 universe. But like I have to keep reminding myself, these movies are some other universe where directors can do whatever they want, like the Catwoman movie.



This is where I'm confused. Who do you poll to find out which characters are major or minor and can have their races changed w/o causing too much disruption? They made Alicia Masters black in the F4 movies and nobody flinched, why is Mary Jane safe. Then again, they did cast Alba as Sue Storm.
Yeah, except they actually based Ultimate Nick Fury on Sam Jackson. I'm pretty sure they had to ask him to use his likeness too.

Rise_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:53 AM   #70
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise_- View Post
Yeah, except they actually based Ultimate Nick Fury on Sam Jackson. I'm pretty sure they had to ask him to use his likeness too.
They did ask him, and him looking like the actor is intentional.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #71
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!
 
Keyser Soze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 19,926
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Peter Dinklage can be Batman if he wants, as far as I'm concerned.

__________________
Check out my comic, THE STANDARD!

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #72
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick
 
GoldGoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California(The Golden State)
Posts: 14,487
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Peter Dinklage can be Batman if he wants, as far as I'm concerned.
^
What about Superman.

GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #73
CEREBRAL....
Agent in action!
 
CEREBRAL....'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 513
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I can't believe there is an argument over race. Let's move on from this.

I think Jamie Foxx will be great as Electro, and give it all he's got.
this!


So tired of comic book fans belly aching cause hollywood changed the race of a character...stop! If the actor or actress does a superb job in the role, then why should it matter.

Some comic book fans seems to have a sense of entitlement with these characters and movies....geez

CEREBRAL.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #74
CEREBRAL....
Agent in action!
 
CEREBRAL....'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 513
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
^
Would people be mad if we had a white Blade in the reboot?
hollywood has casted "white" actors in roles that should of been for minorities for years....are you serious with this question?

I mean wasn't the last Dragon ball Z (or the only movie) lead went to a white actor?

CEREBRAL.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #75
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung
 
Colossal Spoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: A bar on Oa
Posts: 62,273
Default Re: Jamie Foxx to (supposedly) play Electro in Spider-Man 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEREBRAL.... View Post
this!


So tired of comic book fans belly aching cause hollywood changed the race of a character...stop! If the actor or actress does a superb job in the role, then why should it matter.

Some comic book fans seems to have a sense of entitlement with these characters and movies....geez
I've already said why it matters to me. I'm not trying to get anybody to boycott the franchise or anything. As tired as you are of fans belly aching, I'm tired of the race-changing. I'm still going to see the movie and will probably love it like I did the first.

I just don't see how hard it is to find somebody who looks the part and can act, there are 6 billion people in the world. I feel the same way about recycling actors for comic book roles like Chris Evans and Ryan Reynolds.

__________________
Once you get over the need to prove everybody wrong and "correct" opinions you disagree with, the internet becomes a much more pleasant and less frustrating place.
Colossal Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.