The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 11-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #26
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Default Re: The BIG problem with DC animated movies -

Overall, I think the DC Animated Original Movies have been very good. You can't replicate a comic book in a feature film. Same case as book adaptations, they are different media. But, if you want a original story, that's another case. I guess it is safe from a marketing point to adapt a verified successful story than to "invent" a new one. It depends though, if Bruce Timm and Co. announce that they are gonna do an animated film about the Near Apocalypse of '09, with all the main cast returning, I'll get it in a heartbeat.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:27 AM   #27
Arach Knight
Abstraction of Logic

That's the thing: DC had made original films on the past. Mask of the Phantasm, Sub-Zero, Mystery of the Batwoman, Brainiac Attacks etc. granted, none of those are part of the new era DC Animated series, but they do show the effprt DC once kade to produce original animated features.

http://data2.whicdn.com/images/46178721/large.gif
Arach Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #28
8Diagrams(WU)
Side-Kick

It makes more sense to make something that has a track record and brand recognition in place already. You can push a flashpoint movie and get it noticed far easier than an original story. If we want more and more of these animated movies, they have to keep sales up as much as they can.

In terms of the quality, to me they are excellent. Under the red hood being my favourite. All of them cant be classics, but they are all very well made and entertaining.

8Diagrams(WU) is offline   Reply With Quote