Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #251
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
so, I'm thinking the next reveal will be a female hero.

The last 4 reveals have all been male, 2 heroes ( Green Arrow and Green Lantern ) and 2 villains ( Joker and Deathstroke ).

we only have 3 females so far, 1 hero ( Wonder Woman ) and 2 villains ( Harley and Catwoman ).

so, it's seems we are due for a female reveal, and another hero.
Im guessing maybe Black Canary, Zatanna, Raven, Circe, or Hawkgirl.

They really need a wonder woman villian, and Circe is a good choice. It should have been Circe that Wonder Woman was fighting instead of Harley. Cheetah is WW's arch enemy, but she'll play too much like Catwoman with the claws and the whole feline get up.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #252
Themrmusicman14
Side-Kick

Zatanna or Black Canary hopefully. So there's at least 2 more females to get revealed. I think it's gonna be two heroes and 1 villain female characters left to be revealed.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #253
Havok83
Side-Kick

I figure Black Canary is an obvious choice. I think she will be their "Sindel" like character

Old 12-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #254
zeptron
Side-Kick

I hope the next few reveals are non MKvsDC characters. There's two left to be revealed.(3 if you count Darkseid) If they decide to showoff Green Lantern and Joker's gameplay that's fine as well already know they're in. But I would like to see more characters that haven't been in a fighting game before first or haven't been in a fighting game recently(in Aquaman's case)

Old 12-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #255
X Knight
Saber Class

Black Canary also has a connection with Green Arrow.

The one girl Boon does seem to mention alot is Power Girl. so it seems likely she will be in it, too ( either on the main roster or as DLC ).

I'm still holding out hope for Supergirl ( but that seems less likely ). unless, of course, the NRS version of Kara/Supergirl IS Power Girl. It just seems we should get at least one ally from the Superman-family ( since Lex is the likely villain ).

I'm also hoping for Wonder Girl ( Cassie ) and Star Girl. WG may be too simlar to WW, but Star Girl would be unique ( and a non-mainstream choice ).

Zatanna is also very popular, as is Raven. But if they include Circe as the WW villain, I don't know how many magic character they will include.......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #256
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Quote:
Black Canary also has a connection with Green Arrow.

The one girl Boon does seem to mention alot is Power Girl. so it seems likely she will be in it, too ( either on the main roster or as DLC ).

I'm still holding out hope for Supergirl ( but that seems less likely ). unless, of course, the NRS version of Kara/Supergirl IS Power Girl. It just seems we should get at least one ally from the Superman-family ( since Lex is the likely villain ).

I'm also hoping for Wonder Girl ( Cassie ) and Star Girl. WG may be too simlar to WW, but Star Girl would be unique ( and a non-mainstream choice ).

Zatanna is also very popular, as is Raven. But if they include Circe as the WW villain, I don't know how many magic character they will include.......
I would like most of the side-kicks as DLC. I dont see Raven being that much of a magic character, if anything she'll play like Ermac. She'll use her tk in her combos like Ermac, but more creatively. Plus she can use her teleportation to blitz her opponent.

Circe and Zatanna can use different types of magic. Circe uses goddess level magic, while Zatanna uses the 4 elements mixed into her backwords spells.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #257
PopRock1
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
I would like most of the side-kicks as DLC. I dont see Raven being that much of a magic character, if anything she'll play like Ermac. She'll use her tk in her combos like Ermac, but more creatively. Plus she can use her teleportation to blitz her opponent.

Circe and Zatanna can use different types of magic. Circe uses goddess level magic, while Zatanna uses the 4 elements mixed into her backwords spells.
When did Raven have tk I thought she had the power of empathy, astral projection, magic, and generating shadows. Either way I hope Zatanna, Black canary ,Starfire, and Raven make it into the game. If Raven makes cut I see playing zoning style similar to that of Kenshi.

Last edited by PopRock1; 12-01-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #258
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopRock1 View Post
When did Raven have tk I thought she had the power of empathy, astral projection, magic, and generating shadows. Either way I hope Zatanna, Black canary ,Starfire, and Raven make it into the game. If Raven makes cut I see playing zoning style similar to that of Kenshi.
He means her magical levitation powers, that they show cased in the teen titans anime/ TAS it's just Tk has been drummed into his head by marvel always writing( carrie movies) that in their bio's and other places like wiki have copied that habit too. due to the movie industry with the "Carrie movies" and generalization of words.( those that don't care about the difference's and how their not used the same way, as that raven has to chant words when she uses hers, which one of differences and why its levitation rather then TK ) what Raven has is magical empathy(of sorts/ soul reading actually with her emotions) yes as one of her ability's. But she's use's the magical levitation powers more as offensive attacks in all out fights, first and for most, since she been in the comic's.

Well since you last seen her,, If you were a reader that didn't read the comic's of often that is.

But that's what she's been doing since she joined that team and been a member ever since.

Last edited by zenith16; 12-01-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #259
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopRock1 View Post
In the comics Raven doesn't use tk very often, but it's still one of her powers.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 12-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #260
zenith16
Side-Kick

she was using it often before the recent new 52 came about. especially with the sentinel's of magic that zatanna lead. Most of those pic's are from prior in the 80's before all that where she wasn't using it heavily compared to afterwards. like those two evil Raven ones. ok except the last largest pic. Arsenal's red arrow there. she's been evil more then once after all.

Last edited by zenith16; 12-01-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #261
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
so, I'm thinking the next reveal will be a female hero.

The last 4 reveals have all been male, 2 heroes ( Green Arrow and Green Lantern ) and 2 villains ( Joker and Deathstroke ).

we only have 3 females so far, 1 hero ( Wonder Woman ) and 2 villains ( Harley and Catwoman ).

so, it's seems we are due for a female reveal, and another hero.
I don't think Catwoman counts as a villain. Don't most modern interpretations of her show her as a hero? Or atleast siding with the heroes?

As for females; I want Power Girl, Zatanna , Black Canary & Raven.

Though, I just want them to get boring ass Lex Luthor out of the way. We all know he's going to be in it, despite no one wanting to play as him, so they should just get it over with.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #262
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I don't think Catwoman counts as a villain. Don't most modern interpretations of her show her as a hero? Or atleast siding with the heroes?

As for females; I want Power Girl, Zatanna , Black Canary & Raven.

Though, I just want them to get boring ass Lex Luthor out of the way. We all know he's going to be in it, despite no one wanting to play as him, so they should just get it over with.
I mentioned it enough times with cat women and that is indeed what DC's been pushing. or that she's not a villain a thief, yeah, but a villain? she hasn't since the Golden age.(which bat man brave and the bold represents in looks) this is more a force of habit that some of us still call her that, cause it's how was presented at first (it went on for decades or more after all , so it makes sense) and people are still mentally and sub consciously stuck on that. it was drilled in that way for awhile. Habits are hard to break after all too.

Last edited by zenith16; 12-01-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #263
PopRock1
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
He means her magical levitation powers, that they show cased in the teen titans anime/ TAS it's just Tk has been drummed into his head by marvel always writing( carry movies) that in their bio's and other places like wiki have copied that habit too. due to the movie industry with the "Carrie movies" and generalization of words.( those that don't care about the difference's and how their not used the same way, as that raven has to chant words when she uses hers, which one of differences and why its levitation rather then TK ) what Raven has is magical empathy(of sorts/ soul reading actually with her emotions) yes as one of her ability's. But she's use's he magical levitation powers more as offensive attacks in all out fights, first and for most, since she been in the comic's.

Well since you last seen her,, If you were a reader that didn't read the comic's of often that is.

But that's what she's been doing since she joined that team and been a member ever since.
Ah thank you for informing me, now I have to reread my old comics and catch up on Raven and the rest of the teen titans.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #264
X Knight
Saber Class

yeah, I wasn't sure if I should classify Catwoman as a villain, but for simplicity's sake I just threw her into that category.

regardless of who is revealed next, I hope it's a power character. the last 2 reveal trailers ( Deathstroke and Green Arrow ) are gadget characters. Before that was Catwoman, another gadget character. And before that were Nightwing and Cyborg. Joker's a gadget character too. The only power character out of the last, what, 7 reveals is Green Lantern ( but hasn't got a proper reveal trailer, yet ).

so, it's time for more power characters.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #265
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Bane please.

>___> <___<

Old 12-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #266
X Knight
Saber Class

^ no.

maybe as DLC.

but too many Bat characters already......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #267
zenith16
Side-Kick

yeah I was gonna warn you about saying that vader as other have made it clear after jokers finally shown up , there shouldn't be any more bat man characters. But some times it's best to let some one else say it. It's like what happened with venom in the Sam Remi movies of spidey. He could and most definitely should have waited for the sequel planned after that. But too many people pushed him and Remi didn't like to be pushed from his vision of what he wanted done and looky what happened there. and now we have a reboot. This isn't really the same deal here as with that of the movies of spiderman. But Bane can wait.

Last edited by zenith16; 12-01-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #268
X Knight
Saber Class

and it's not that I don't want Bane, either. I do. I also think Poison Ivy would be really cool in a fighting game. I'd take Mr. Freeze over Captain Cold. Clayface could be interesting, too. Heck, I'd like to see one of the Batgirls make it in.

the problem, however, is that we have a limited roster and there's already more Bat characters than the other "families." This isn't a Batman Arkham fighting game. It's a DC fighting game. There are a TON of characters who I'd rather see in a spot that's occupied by yet another Bat character.

again, maybe as DLC. or in a sequel with a bigger roster.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #269
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Oh, I know. I was just joking, even though I do want Bane.

You guys shouldn't act surprise if HE does get in though. His recent boost in popularity makes him likely candidate. Though, I don't want to see him until DLC since there's already a lot of Bat characters.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #270
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
and it's not that I don't want Bane, either. I do. I also think Poison Ivy would be really cool in a fighting game. I'd take Mr. Freeze over Captain Cold. Clayface could be interesting, too. Heck, I'd like to see one of the Batgirls make it in.

the problem, however, is that we have a limited roster and there's already more Bat characters than the other "families." This isn't a Batman Arkham fighting game. It's a DC fighting game. There are a TON of characters who I'd rather see in a spot that's occupied by yet another Bat character.

again, maybe as DLC. or in a sequel with a bigger roster.
Not to mention alot of the other DC characters need the spot light to the public which might like them too if presented to them in the right way. those characters need a chance and it 'll mean better business for DC all around when it's done and if it works.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #271
Themrmusicman14
Side-Kick

Would Green Lantern even count asa a power character considering he uses a ring as his power? And ive seen a fair few people put Black Canary under as a gadget character. Wouldn't she be a power because she has her Sonic Scream which is a power?

Old 12-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #272
zenith16
Side-Kick

According to dc he does count as that of a power user (or meta human) and he's worn it long enough that the energy flow through his body that if he were to have conceived a kid, that kid would end up with powers as it did with Alan Scott 's kids Jennie-Lynn Hayden (daughter), Todd Rice (son), . which would consider mutantsif they were in marvel same might be said for impules. kid flash aka Bart Allen and even

Black canary is meta human which relies on her fighting hand to hand skill and then her powers on occasion.
it's no different when you see any of the X-Men use martial arts and their powers still or some characters like spiderman too. she just use's both.

Last edited by zenith16; 12-01-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #273
X Knight
Saber Class

^hmmm....didn't know that about Green Lantern!!

oh, and one thing to keep in mind. this is just the 1st game of a brand new franchise. not all of our fan favorites will make it in.

but, hopefully, the game will do well to warrant a sequel or 2 ( or more ) with larger rosters that WILL include more DC characters.

and speaking of rosters, just think back when the 1st Street Fighter 2 or the 1st Mortal Kombat came out. they had very limited rosters ( and compared to today's games, those rosters would be laughably puny.......lol ). but those games were fun as hell and helped to spawn the fighting game genre.

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 12-01-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #274
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
^hmmm....didn't know that about Green Lantern!!
well you didn't play DCUO but they said with meta human their powers are from with in and said gentic's play a factor in it as well. and this was also said in both Birds of prey the tv series and static shock if you seen those. I took notice of it when I was workin on a X-men fan site was a reporter, reviewer, (occasionally) and mod for the Mutatis Mutandis X-Men fan site. back when I was younger. Hehe even the owner of the site, found that was interesting. and he's my face book buddy. But that's all been showing up in places like anime as well then both 4400 and heroes came about.

Now we just have "alpha's " but it's still showing up in anime series that have nothing do with marvel it's self , but most of them are called meta human they are mixed in with those of aliens heritage and other means too. They just forced into one category in Dc's case.

Last edited by zenith16; 12-01-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #275
X Knight
Saber Class

and speaking of nostalgia, if we jumped back in time when the arcade scene was still alive, I can just imagine Injustice being released in the arcades 1st. and we'd be putting our quarters up on the cabinet to wait our turns at the game, while eagerly awaiting the day when it comes to the home consoles.

and we'd be hitting the magazines for moves and tips, or else venturing to "bulletin boards" on something called the "world wide web."

ah.........good times.........good times........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Closed Thread