Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #276
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
well you didn't play DCUO but they said with meta human their powers are from with in and said gentic's play a factor in it as well. and this alsaid in both irds of prey the tv series and static shock if you seen those. I took notice of it when I was workin on a X-men fan site was a reporterm reviewer and mod forthe Mutatis mutandis X-Men fan site. back when I was younger. hehe even the owner of the site found that was interesting. but that showing in places like anime as well then 4400 and heroes came about. now we just have alpha but it's still showing in anime series that have nothing do with marvel but most of them are meta human thei mixed with those of aliens heritage and other means too. they just forced in to one category in Dc's case.
interesting.

but, y'know, I could never get into DCUO.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #277
zenith16
Side-Kick

well those tv shows I mentioned were enough to let you though too. I'm just saying that's how they push that info out. Damn, I'm typing too fast again and spell check never works fast enough. I really have to fix this problem.

Last edited by zenith16; 12-01-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #278
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Black Canary is number one on my wish list as far as female heroes go.

I originally thought there were 4 hero roster spots remaining but a few pages back another poster suggested there are 5. So...

My wish list: Aquaman, Black Canary, Zatanna, Supergirl, Manhunter

*I tried to keep my wish list realistic with predictions. Unfortunately, Supergirl is looking less and less likely in favor of Power Girl from eventual DLC. I'm thinking that spot is going to go to Shazam. I'm also not convinced Zatanna is in this...I suspect Robin is going to take her spot.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:02 AM   #279
zeptron
Side-Kick

In regards to whether Catwoman is a hero or villain, I consider her more of an anti-hero. Does she do good things every now and again? Sure. Is she actively heroic in her motivations? No. 90% of the time, she is a straight-up thief. If she's on the prowl, it's not because she's keeping the streets safe or some other selfless cause - it's usually selfish in nature. If she's conflicting with another villain, it's likely because she stole from them or she's stealing something back from them.

I think as far as this game is concerned she's a villain. She was considered as one in MKvDC. Having her as a villain would make room for more actual heroes.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:14 AM   #280
Themrmusicman14
Side-Kick

Samwise you have almost the exact top 5 that i have! Except i have Captain Marvel/Shazam! instead of Supergirl

Old 12-02-2012, 03:23 AM   #281
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeptron View Post
In regards to whether Catwoman is a hero or villain, I consider her more of an anti-hero. Does she do good things every now and again? Sure. Is she actively heroic in her motivations? No. 90% of the time, she is a straight-up thief. If she's on the prowl, it's not because she's keeping the streets safe or some other selfless cause - it's usually selfish in nature. If she's conflicting with another villain, it's likely because she stole from them or she's stealing something back from them.

I think as far as this game is concerned she's a villain. She was considered as one in MKvDC. Having her as a villain would make room for more actual heroes.
The problem is and why I keep mentioning this is that they said this is representing the new 52 and In the new 52 she's on the heroes side cause she's a JL member or a version of it.

even though most of us have stated that the sides of good and evil won't matter. they said that represent what their pushing in the comic's right now so are far as the games concerned she's a JLA member and thus a hero . but if some of us are gonna keep that habit of good and evil like calling certain character villains dc is making clear she's not that on two counts otherwise what you said is some what right with her actions. But now she's in the near complicated heroes category instead of being a anti-hero( where was about her be selfish and is doing what ever she wants regardless of every one else around her) now.

Due to what DC's pushing in both the comic's and saying this game represent that. Or you can stop the PR people from saying what it represents on video to the public every time there's a comic's event like "fan Expo "or the many "comic cons ". like NY one or the Toronto one etc.

Last edited by zenith16; 12-02-2012 at 03:48 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #282
Themrmusicman14
Side-Kick

Im not sure what side shes gonna be on but by the look of her trailer, i think shes a thief yet again which wouldn't make her a hero would it? I could be wrong though. But in her starting pose shes holding a diamond (Which obviously i think she stol), hands it to her cat and then the cat runs away

Old 12-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #283
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

even if Catwoman is a thief, she could still be "neutral," just looking out for her own interests.

which is how I've always thought of her anyways.......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #284
badgrammar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
even if Catwoman is a thief, she could still be "neutral," just looking out for her own interests.

which is how I've always thought of her anyways.......
Why does this have to be a justice league game?

I want Rorschach or that guy from Constantine.
Terry McGinnis would be cool too.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #285
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

I'm pretty sure Green Lantern will count as a power character. He can deal some serious damage with giant fists or hammers from his rings.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #286
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

really hoping aquaman is included, i've become a fan since i started reading his new52 series

Better Call Saul
Old 12-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #287
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

OK, we just got Deathstroke at the end of November. Is it to early to be anticipating December reveals?

Since the game is due at the end of April I feel that NR should step of the pace of reveals. Right now a little over half the cast is revealed and there is only minimal video footage of those. Only 4 out of what looks to be 15 total stages have been shown. The Injustice website has never been updated to anything worth mentioning. Additionally, only one pre-order bonus has been revealed even though Boon has mentioned there will be more than just that one. ....It all gives a negative impression: that this game is not on target for any deadlines, that they are scrambling to get done whatever they can as fast as they can, and that this is not a quality product that the producers have enough confidence in to show the public.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #288
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

I think by February, at least, the reveals and marketing should pick up.

we don't even have a concrete release date yet. just, April 2013.

I suppose once the released date is officially announced, then the reveals will kick into high gear.

We'll probably get 1 or 2 more reveals this month. I'm sure Boon will claim it's a XMAS gift for all of us..........lol

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #289
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

I wouldn't mind a "Christmas gift" reveal or two. Some Christmas theme'd ideas: Zatanna for some holiday magic. Captain Cold to let it snow. Toyman for some Christmas morning fun. Shazam for the child in you.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #290
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
I wouldn't mind a "Christmas gift" reveal or two. Some Christmas theme'd ideas: Zatanna for some holiday magic. Captain Cold to let it snow. Toyman for some Christmas morning fun. Shazam for the child in you.
interesting........

although I don't see Toyman being in......

the other 3 I can see.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #291
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

I think Toyman would be interesting. He's a classic villain that could offer some unique attacks: use the marionette body that he's traditionally associated with, summon some lethal toy planes and remote cars with different properties, swing around a lethal yo-yo with spikes and electricity, shoot from a sling-shot, a stuffed doll or something with a sonic attack...

Old 12-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #292
azuzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgrammar View Post
Why does this have to be a justice league game?

I want Rorschach or that guy from Constantine.
Terry McGinnis would be cool too.
Terry would be better as an alternate costume, he would suck for the story and taking up roster space.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #293
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

I really want Zatanna in but I dont know how her powers would work in a game like this...If they dont put Black Canary in they are simply stupid

Old 12-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #294
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
I think Toyman would be interesting. He's a classic villain that could offer some unique attacks: use the marionette body that he's traditionally associated with, summon some lethal toy planes and remote cars with different properties, swing around a lethal yo-yo with spikes and electricity, shoot from a sling-shot, a stuffed doll or something with a sonic attack...
but........he's a Batman villain.........so no.........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #295
Nathan

Isn't Toyman from Supe's rogue's gallery? But still no. He doesn't even make my top 30.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #296
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

I think Toyman has tangled with Supes and Bats

Old 12-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #297
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Isn't Toyman from Supe's rogue's gallery? But still no. He doesn't even make my top 30.
oh crap. you're right!!! I stand corrected and ashamed.

but I still don't want Toyman...........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #298
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparta* View Post
I really want Zatanna in but I dont know how her powers would work in a game like this...If they dont put Black Canary in they are simply stupid
If you haven't played Ultimate Marvel v. Capcom 3 then I encourage you to check it out. They did good things with Dr. Strange's magic based energy attacks in that game and I think NR could use that for inspiration w/ Zatanna. Hsien-Ko, between her weapon arms and her random object throws, has some interesting physical object attacks too. If they mix up some energy and physical attacks with a unique Zatanna look but similar in mechanics to the above referenced characters I think they would have a great contender in Zatanna. If they do a good job with her showy wand motions and her sexy buy mysterious magic look they they will have it down perfectly.

Agreed with your statement re. Black Canary.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #299
Themrmusicman14
Side-Kick

I like the Child in you and the Holiday magic one there really good ideas and it gives us a character that people have no clue if their gonna be in or not.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #300
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

maybe we'll get something new this Friday for the Spike video game awards.

Closed Thread