The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #576
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 2

What? Change Superboy to Supergirl!

Who is the person that said this? Is it someone who works for NR?

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."
Old 01-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #577
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
I'll be ticked if Superboy gets in over Supergirl.

although, SB would have a different powerset/style than Superman with his Tactile TK.

yup that's as I said. if that's the case it'll make sense if Boon's not messing with the fans.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #578
Abudefduf
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM View Post
Ok somone tweeted this to me

@ScottDevine3: @RChickenMan Aftter Ban and Lex Luthor, Gamer magazine will reveal Aquaman and Superboy.
Aquaman, yay!
Superboy... why?

No seriously. What a lame choice. I hope it's not true.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #579
TX85
Señor Zorro

It'd be ok with Superboy But like many on here..I really want Aguaman confirmed already!

Old 01-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #580
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

it would be great to have both Superboy AND Supergirl.

we don't have very many spots left, and this game needs more girl power!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #581
zenith16
Side-Kick

Conner's actually cool. I mean the comic one not recent young justice TAS super boy. but we'll see what been done here.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #582
Nathan

Quote:
I'll be ticked if Superboy gets in over Supergirl.

although, SB would have a different powerset/style than Superman with his Tactile TK.
How much can you do with Tactile TK though? He breaks stuff by touching it right? The only thing I can see him doing are pop-ups or mini earthquakes by touching the ground. He'd be Jax with flight.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #583
TX85
Señor Zorro

Exactly how many spots are left anyway?(not counting superboy&aguaman),I wonder how many DLC character there'll be

Old 01-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #584
zenith16
Side-Kick

this is what super boy has pulled off with his tk

• Tactile Telekinesis: At first, Superboy's only superpower was "tactile telekinesis", a telekinetic force field that surrounds his body as a protective shield and allows him to simulate Superman-level speed, strength, flight and invulnerability. The tactile TK field also lets Superboy break free of an opponent's grip by pushing the field outward to force the opponent away. Other creative uses include rendering an opponent immobile by extending the TK field as long as they are both standing on the same ground. After the Flashpoint event Superboy`s Tactile TK seems far more powerful than before shown when he unconsciously brought down a prison. However, it is possible he doesn't have full control over it yet,as it is shown to react and activate subconsciously.
    • Telekinetic Superhuman Strength: His full strength is undetermined at this time. He, like Superman seems to be able to lift almost anything he can conceive of. To date, he has lifted the world's largest yacht using his telekinetic strength (a feat of at least 500 tons); he has even been shown to throw a football at Mach 5. Objects lifted with his telekinetic strength do not crumble under their own weight or internal stresses. As his will power and concentration improve, so will his super strength increase. This does not truly count as super strength in the traditional sense, since Superboy has been bound with chains that were surrounded by an energy field and he was unable to escape because he could not directly affect the chains with his power. It has been stated he is able to lift a battleship which can weigh from 58,000 tons and up.
    • Telekinetic Flight: Superboy is able to fly at high supersonic speeds using a reflexive action of his telekinesis, literally dragging himself through the sky. His concentration is required to maintain great speeds. His fastest recorded speed has been seen at Mach 3 from the pages of Young Justice, and his greatest distance flown unaided has been approximately 12,000 miles. However, as with his strength, his speed was also developing naturally, Superboy is capable of roughly reaching speeds of Mach 5 (1 mile per second) but the limit of his speed currently is unknown.
    • Telekinetic Force-Field: By creating a field around his body, he is able to resist or reduce injury from non-energy based attacks by causing the object to be deflected from his personal force field. Bullets and shrapnel are easily deflected. This field does not repel gases or energy based attacks as well, though his skill in deflecting energy attacks is improving. After the events of Flashpoint, Superboy has to be aware in order for his force field and many of his other powers to be used.
    • Tactile Telekinetic Disassemble: By touching an object, Superboy may cause that object to literally fall to pieces. It can be assumed that he could conceivably put an object back together, if he understood how the object functioned in the first place. He can also manipulate aggregate solid masses such as volumes of sand or dust in the same way, causing the individual particles to fly apart in an explosive manner to create particle clouds or a forceful attack. Superboy's hands glow blue when he does this. After the events of Flashpoint,he is able to maintain in the air the things that he has taken apart.
    • Telekinetic Field Manipulation: after receiving training from Knockout, Superboy learned to project his force fields outward at will allowing him to engulf and surround people and objects with a force barrier. He could use this for supportive and defensive purposes like moving inanimate objects and living people around or throwing and pushing objects away from himself. He could also hold objects in his fields for a limited time, the fields strength relied on his own will and focus so long as he centered his mind on his task the field would remain intact. After Flashpoint, his TK Field manipulation skills has increased substancially,letting him sense the world around him, and even seeing the world around him by extending his tactile telekinesis field outwards.
    • Telekinetic Force Blasts: Superboy also learned that he could project burst of raw psionic energy bolts from Knockout as well. He mostly projects the energy from his hands but it is assumed that he could project them from anywhere since his Tactile TK field permeates from his entire body. The blasts he emits have concussive force equivalent to 5,000 pounds of TNT, but it is speculated that as he grows older this force amount could grow and change along with him.
    • Telekinetic Heat Vision: After the Flashpoint event Superboy`s TK allows him to rapidly vibrate the molecules in the air to the point that they combust, while it may not be heat vision in the general sense it still was enough to set a Large Christmas tree aflame.
    • Telekinetic Super Hearing: Superboy`s TK allows him to hear sounds from far away shown when he was able to hear through glass when he was far away.
    • Telekinetic Senses
    • Telekinetic Hyper-Acceleration
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Kon-El_(New_Earth)

Old 01-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #585
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

Superboy?! I hope thats not serious, i'd take Supergirl over him!!

Old 01-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #586
Nathan

Quote:
it would be great to have both Superboy AND Supergirl.
I think that would be super lame. I was against having the Bat Family in this, I don't want to see the Super Family either. There are just so many characters that should be in the game instead of them.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #587
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
Exactly how many spots are left anyway?(not counting superboy&aguaman),I wonder how many DLC character there'll be
there were 4 hints recently: aquaman, shazam (capt. marvel), doomsday, and sinestro...that should leave 5 spots remaining if we are getting the same number of characters as shown in the character select screen.

I don't think we will get doomsday as playable so I believe 6 spots are remaining. One of those six will likely go to an ice-based villain. If the heroes and villians are divided equally that leaves 2 hero spots and 3 villain spots unaccounted for.

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."
Old 01-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #588
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

I really hope they put Firestorm in this game, they need a cool fire person and at least his moveset would be totally original!

Old 01-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #589
TX85
Señor Zorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
there were 4 hints recently: aquaman, shazam (capt. marvel), doomsday, and sinestro...that should leave 5 spots remaining if we are getting the same number of characters as shown in the character select screen.

I don't think we will get doomsday as playable so I believe 6 spots are remaining. One of those six will likely go to an ice-based villain. If the heroes and villians are divided equally that leaves 2 hero spots and 3 villain spots unaccounted for.
Awesome,I appreciate the info

Old 01-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #590
RCM
Mortal Kombatant

@ScottDevine3

Look at his tweets. He has a list with 25 ingame characters and around 7 dlc characters.

Not sure if its BS or real

Hes also telling me boon will reveal a character(s) tomorrow

Old 01-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #591
Nathan

Who is Scott Devine anyway?

Old 01-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #592
zeptron
Side-Kick

We're still missing a certain canary that may not sing, but can tear people up with her voice and a certain magician who says magic spells backwards.

And if the Superboy thing is real(which I hope it's not), what chance could that mean for Power Girl being DLC?

Old 01-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #593
Nathan

This is what the Scott Devine guy posted. Let's see how much truth there is to it. Rosters for other fighting games have been leaked before. If that's indeed the roster, I'm really disappointed.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #594
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM View Post
@ScottDevine3

Look at his tweets. He has a list with 25 ingame characters and around 7 dlc characters.

Not sure if its BS or real

Hes also telling me boon will reveal a character(s) tomorrow

can you post this list? im curious. Usually people dont believe these lists but the leaked lists I read for umvsc3 and mk9 months before released ended up being true so it'd be fun to check out

-edit, just saw the list, thank you. I have a hard time believing they wouldnt put in Black Canary though, she was practically made for this game, this list I dont believe but we'll see

also the list says 30 characters but there are only 25 on there

Last edited by Sparta*; 01-10-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #595
RCM
Mortal Kombatant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparta* View Post
can you post this list? im curious. Usually people dont believe these lists but the leaked lists I read for umvsc3 and mk9 months before released ended up being true so it'd be fun to check out

-edit, just saw the list, thank you
Posted above your post

Old 01-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #596
QBComics
Side-Kick

Really hope that list is fake. Batgirl? Superboy? Robin? Those are such bland choices over people like Black Canary, Zatanna, Firestorm, or Swamp Thing.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #597
TX85
Señor Zorro

Hawkman&Lobo FTW

Old 01-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #598
Nathan

You know, I probably shouldn't be surprised if that really is the roster. All the good characters are DLC. Makes only sense from a business standpoint.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #599
zenith16
Side-Kick

lol Bat girls not happening . we'll see our answer on Robin and Sb. hawkmans not happening as Boon said. Hawk girl maybe as Boon said. So lobo may or may not have chance. But I doubt it.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #600
zeptron
Side-Kick

Weren't Batgirl and Supergirl on that poll from a couple months ago? Why would Boon have a poll for three characters if two of them were already in the game? The roster was most likely already been finalized by then. Hell, Powergirl got the most votes on that poll anyway.

Closed Thread