Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #751
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
A Batman vs Superman statue or even them just standing back to back while looking pissed would've been a true&a must-have collector's item
YES!!!

and I would have preordered that in a heartbeat if it looked cool!!

and speaking of the story, as a Superman fan first and foremost, I'm actually growing a bit concerned about the story details that are starting to come out.

if, in the end, Superman is portrayed as the "bad guy/dictator," and Batman and his band of rebels are the "good guys," well, that concerns me......

granted, the story and motivations of the characters will probably be more nuanced than that.

but, as a Superman fan, I don't want to play as "bad Superman," especially if it's done so Batman can have the spotlight as the "hero" ( and Batman already has a disproportionate number of characters from his family on the roster ).

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #752
LuisTX85
Z

I'm a huge Supes fan(although Batman is my favorite)and I love the idea of playing as bad Superman in a game,From what I've heard about the prequel comics it makes sense for him to turn and IF he didn't then he'd be WAY too much of a goodie boys scout than ever before.

It's likely Superman will turn good again by the end of the sorry than left defeated and remaining as an evil Supes.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #753
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

well, it all depends on how the story plays out.

it's just that.......I'm starting to feel a little less excited for the game.

this coupled with the fact that the latest roster reveals haven't been too impressive, to me at least.

no Supergirl ( and since Boon apparently hates her, she probably won't ever make it in ).

and WW's in game model looks fugly.........

and, surprisingly, the games is only 3 months away, and it kind of feels like we really haven't seen that much of the game.

I'd like to see some more current gameplay vids that showoff the fighting mechanics of the game.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #754
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

Im hella stoked they are gonna make superman "bad" in this game, if you want to see him as a boy scout then read 99.9% of all other comics and play 99.9% of all other video games with superman in it and you'll get your fix. Sometimes its fun to ponder the possibilities of what would happen with all that power if it was abused, its just something different then the norm and im fascinated by how its gonna turn out

Old 01-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #755
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
I'm a huge Supes fan(although Batman is my favorite)and I love the idea of playing as bad Superman in a game,From what I've heard about the prequel comics it makes sense for him to turn and IF he didn't then he'd be WAY too much of a goodie boys scout than ever before.

It's likely Superman will turn good again by the end of the sorry than left defeated and remaining as an evil Supes.
I wouldn't be surprised if he stays bad. And honestly, I hope he'll stay bad. I think it could be similar to Justice Lord Superman. The whole reason the League went bad, was because Flash got killed. And when they got to the parallel universe, where Flash was still alive, he had no trouble with the thought to waste him. I want Superman to be past the point of no return. The only way he should turn good again, is if they change the events in the past by the end of the game.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #756
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparta* View Post
Im hella stoked they are gonna make superman "bad" in this game, if you want to see him as a boy scout then read 99.9% of all other comics and play 99.9% of all other video games with superman in it and you'll get your fix. Sometimes its fun to ponder the possibilities of what would happen with all that power if it was abused, its just something different then the norm and im fascinated by how its gonna turn out
except 99.9% of Superman games suck...........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #757
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
well, it all depends on how the story plays out.

it's just that.......I'm starting to feel a little less excited for the game.

this coupled with the fact that the latest roster reveals haven't been too impressive, to me at least.

no Supergirl ( and since Boon apparently hates her, she probably won't ever make it in ).

and WW's in game model looks fugly.........

and, surprisingly, the games is only 3 months away, and it kind of feels like we really haven't seen that much of the game.

I'd like to see some more current gameplay vids that showoff the fighting mechanics of the game.
The latest reveals have been underwhelming but I'm sure this will pick up as the game gets closer. I'd expect many of those hinted in the magazines to be next. Hopefully we get some females in there as well: Power Girl and Zatanna seem the most likely to me. Didn't a producer say (post-Catwoman reveal) that there were more females coming than those that have already been revealed?

Supergirl does look unlikely and I'm bummed about this. However, Power Girl looks very likely and there is a chance for alternate skins. I would like a New 52 looking Supergirl and a classic Supergirl as alternates for Power Girl.

WW's in game model might look better w/ the New 52 skin. The costume certainly looks better; I like the fact that she's not wearing the long pants. In MK9 Kitanna had a fugly looking skin but several of her alternate skins changed her features very slightly and she was attractive. If you don't buy the Collector's Edition then you might have to wait a few months for DLC but I'm sure it will be there. She has the alternate look available that you see on the statue and that might change her features facial features for the better much like Kitanna's situation in MK9. Red Son look is out there too. I expect classic costumes at some point as well.

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."
Old 01-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #758
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if he stays bad. And honestly, I hope he'll stay bad. I think it could be similar to Justice Lord Superman. The whole reason the League went bad, was because Flash got killed. And when they got to the parallel universe, where Flash was still alive, he had no trouble with the thought to waste him. I want Superman to be past the point of no return. The only way he should turn good again, is if they change the events in the past by the end of the game.
Batman demands Dictator Superman to fly around the world and turn back time. Superman refuses. So Batman hops into his Batmobile and does it himself. When asked how he did it, Batman replies "I'm Batman"

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #759
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
The latest reveals have been underwhelming but I'm sure this will pick up as the game gets closer. I'd expect many of those hinted in the magazines to be next. Hopefully we get some females in there as well: Power Girl and Zatanna seem the most likely to me. Didn't a producer say (post-Catwoman reveal) that there were more females coming than those that have already been revealed?

Supergirl does look unlikely and I'm bummed about this. However, Power Girl looks very likely and there is a chance for alternate skins. I would like a New 52 looking Supergirl and a classic Supergirl as alternates for Power Girl.

WW's in game model might look better w/ the New 52 skin. The costume certainly looks better; I like the fact that she's not wearing the long pants. In MK9 Kitanna had a fugly looking skin but several of her alternate skins changed her features very slightly and she was attractive. If you don't buy the Collector's Edition then you might have to wait a few months for DLC but I'm sure it will be there. She has the alternate look available that you see on the statue and that might change her features facial features for the better much like Kitanna's situation in MK9. Red Son look is out there too. I expect classic costumes at some point as well.
I hope they did tweak WW's model, or the alt costumes change it slightly as you pointed out. that's another reason why I'm eager to see a new trailer and gameplay vids.

as for Power Girl vs Supergirl, I would be ok if, in the NRS DC universe, Power Girl IS Kara ( Supergirl ), but she outgrew the Supergirl name and became Power Girl. much like Dick Grayson outgrew the Robin identity and became Nightwing.

if Power Girl is from an alt. dimension, and she's the only one, she'd kind of feel out of place, imo.

however, an alt. dimension could explain some of the stuff in the story. they did say they'd explain why normal humans can go toe-to-toe with the super powers.

if Power Girl is in, I just want her to be more than "giant boobs."

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #760
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

I really don't think they will go into character origins at all. I think Power Girl, and all the other characters in the game, will just be there in the story w/out any explanation of their origins.

At most, maybe they will do short bios or have unlockable art. Even if they give Power Girl a parallel deminsion background or a clone of Superman background I don't think it would preclude them having Supergirl alts. She has the same powers as Supergirl and Superman right?

Old 01-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #761
LuisTX85
Z

As far as origins go I just want bios like in MK

Old 01-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #762
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

I hope, in addition to the more in-depth Story Mode, if you play in Arcade mode or whatever, you get a proper intro/ending for that character......for ALL the characters.

iow.....none of that Soul Calibur V crap!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 01-16-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #763
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
What UK collector's edition look like now.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It looks like there may be an Arkham City look for Batman. The Batman on the Steel Book is clearly Arkham City while the one on the New 52 card had many differences consistent w/ the New 52 comic look.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #764
Nathan

So now Wonder Woman is the one with her undies over her tights?

Old 01-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #765
Themrmusicman14
Side-Kick

How do you add spoilers?

Old 01-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #766
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themrmusicman14 View Post
How do you add spoilers?
Tag it with

[SPOILER] *Your text here* [/ SPOILER]

But take that space out.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #767
Themrmusicman14
Side-Kick

So if you've read the comic you know that Lois and Clark are having a baby
*In the magazine, it says that Lois and The Baby died*

Old 01-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #768
Nathan

We all know about Lois, but not everyone knows who else dies, you should really put that in spoiler tags as well.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #769
Themrmusicman14
Side-Kick

Ill just say the part of story that was mentioned. Its the same as the Gamer magazine but with more detail.
While details are scant at this stage, the overall feel of the story and the performances put in by the actors make this watchable. It begins with a shot of a shattered Metropolis and the Iconic Daily Planet statue lying in a jagged heap. A news ticker reveals millions have died in the result of an explosion, and in a building somewhere the Gotham City Police Department look at the screens in horror and devastation. Inside a well protected cell, Batman is interrogating the Joker. Turns out the Clown Prince of Crime has used a weapon that strike fear into most nations: A nuclear bomb. Hes not giving up where he got the device from easily. Superman appears, breaking straight through the wall, ready to be more forceful and tosses Batman aside. The Joker's always been a cruel and psychopathic character, one who torments his nemesis - and even allies - with jibes and threats. Hes not afraid of Superman and hints that Supes has killed Lois Lane - and his child. While Batman pleads with Superman not to kill The Joker, who's being held up by the throat by the Man of Steel, his eyes are burning red, and the camera cuts away as The Joker screams

Old 01-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #770
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Ill just say the part of story that was mentioned. Its the same as the Gamer magazine but with more detail.
While details are scant at this stage, the overall feel of the story and the performances put in by the actors make this watchable. It begins with a shot of a shattered Metropolis and the Iconic Daily Planet statue lying in a jagged heap. A news ticker reveals millions have died in the result of an explosion, and in a building somewhere the Gotham City Police Department look at the screens in horror and devastation. Inside a well protected cell, Batman is interrogating the Joker. Turns out the Clown Prince of Crime has used a weapon that strike fear into most nations: A nuclear bomb. Hes not giving up where he got the device from easily. Superman appears, breaking straight through the wall, ready to be more forceful and tosses Batman aside. The Joker's always been a cruel and psychopathic character, one who torments his nemesis - and even allies - with jibes and threats. Hes not afraid of Superman and hints that Supes has killed Lois Lane - and his child. While Batman pleads with Superman not to kill The Joker, who's being held up by the throat by the Man of Steel, his eyes are burning red, and the camera cuts away as The Joker screams
where'd you get all that from??

in regards to the story:

It looks like Joker will somehow trick Superman into unkowingly killing Lois and their baby.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #771
Themrmusicman14
Side-Kick

That was in the same magazine I got. Theres an 8 page spread on Injustice. Remember how in Gamer magazine Supes was saying "I was drugged I've been duped!" what if joker tricked him into blowing up metropolis? Like joker stood in front of the nuke and Supes heat vision before it hit joker he jumped away and it hit the nuke blowing up metropolis?

Old 01-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #772
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
That was in the same magazine I got. Theres an 8 page spread on Injustice. Remember how in Gamer magazine Supes was saying "I was drugged I've been duped!" what if joker tricked him into blowing up metropolis? Like joker stood in front of the nuke and Supes heat vision before it hit joker he jumped away and it hit the nuke blowing up metropolis?
ah, thanks.

yeah, I see something like that happening.

although, to drug Superman, Kryptonite would probably need to be involved, and I'm sure Lex would be more than happy to assist in that regard......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #773
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:

lol that would be weird seeing if superman hitting nuke and sorry jumping as we all well know will not let you be able to escape a nukes effects joker should be sick from the radiation and joker doesn't have super speed. If he had a teleporting device maybe, but the odds of him escaping with out radiation poisoning are narrow. it would be interest but weird.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #774
Themrmusicman14
Side-Kick

Yeah true that's what I was thinking. There must be a way for him to escape metropolis before the nuke goes off. On the front cover of the magazine his face is just grinning while there's a huge explosion in the backgrounf

Old 01-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #775
zenith16
Side-Kick

the only way would a very convincing hologram or psionic ability. point is he'd have to look like he's there, but not at all. hell they said not even people with healing factors in the MU should survive radiation poisoning (thouh this is DC) and Joker has no powers. yeah he's insane, but not stupid.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-16-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Closed Thread