The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #801
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 2

I think they might have more then one super move, I thought we’ve already seen in different videos what looks like different super moves for one character? Also I read a while back they might be dropping the meter gambling mini game thing, and I haven’t seen anything on it since, so I think that might be out of the picture now (hopefully)

Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #802
Havok83
Side-Kick

Is there going to be some type of extra single player mode like the Tower in MK?

Have they talked about exactly what they've changed and improved upon on the online front? Loved MK, but the online play was very broken early on and the setup wasnt all that great

Old 01-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #803
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

preordering through gamestop gives you the red son costumes and it says "additional" red son inspired challenge missions, so I think its safe to say there will be challenge missions, maybe based off comic stories. They also said the netcode would be vastly improved this time around, but ill believe that when I see it lolz

Old 01-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #804
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Possible leak of Raven as playable character from XBox 360 news: link

Article also seems to confirm Shazam as playable.

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."

Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 01-18-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #805
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Im really hoping this is true. Raven was one of my most wanted characters until I excepted the fact that she might have low chance. But Raven has a huge fanbase, plus she is one of those obsure characters unless you never heard of the Teen Titans.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #806
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Does Raven actually wear any underwear in that picture?

Old 01-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #807
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

I only know Raven from the Teen Titans show b/c I never really read much DC aside from Batman. When Dick Grayson was Robin (in the comics), was he the Robin on the Titans w/ her? Was Cyborg in the comics Titans w/ Raven?

Old 01-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #808
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Raven was a Titan with both Tim and Dick, as was Cyborg.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #809
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

hopefully she doesnt take a spot away from Zatanna, now everyones gonna be crying for beast boy, starfire, and the other titans

Last edited by Sparta*; 01-18-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #810
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
I only know Raven from the Teen Titans show b/c I never really read much DC aside from Batman. When Dick Grayson was Robin (in the comics), was he the Robin on the Titans w/ her? Was Cyborg in the comics Titans w/ Raven?
Yes and Yes. In 1980 Marv Wolfman and George Perez introduced The New Teen Titans consisting of
Robin (Dick Grayson)
Wonder Girl (Donna Troy)
Kid Flash (Wally West)
Changeling a.k.a Beastboy (Garfield Logan)
Starfire (Koriander'r)
Raven
Cyborg (Victor Stone)
also Deathstroke made his first debut in New Teen Titans #2

This run of the Teen Titans rivaled Uncanny X-man in both sales and popularity. Thus sparking a cross over between the two. The Teen Titans 2003 series is also based of this run. Season 2 and 4 were based off two popular New Teen Titans arcs; the "Judas Contract", which revolved around Terra's betrayal of the titans. And the "Terror of Trigon", which pitted the Titans agianst their greatest threat, Raven's father Trigon.

Sadly Kid Flash was not a founding member, but made a few appearances in season 5. Lastly, Wonder Girl (Donna Troy) could not be in though show because of copyright issues, but made two unnamed cameos.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #811
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparta* View Post
hopefully she doesnt take a spot away from Zatanna, now everyones gonna be crying for beast boy and the other titans
I dont think so. Zatanna was teased by Boon plus Zatanna and Raven are nothing alike. Unless they include Ravanna

Old 01-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #812
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Thanks for the answers about Raven and the Titans. It's cool to have 3 grown-up versions of that Titans team. Although I never caught the comic I really liked that show and I really liked Raven as a character. There was a rumor that the back of the game's box indicates tag-team is in fact in the game after all. If this rumor proves true then I'll have fun reuniting 2 of the Titans.

Anyway, I’m updating my list of hinted characters. It’s just a list to help summarize what hints have been given out so far. It’s not a wish list, otherwise you would see Black Canary and Super Girl. I’ve inserted my own opinion about their chances on some of them:

Heroes:
1 - 8: already revealed
9: Shazam (revealed to be in story mode by recent magazine article)
10: Aquaman (although no word yet from NR, confirmed by multiple sources)
11: Martian Manhunter (hint/tease by Boon, logo on art book of CE)
12: Raven (possible leak by Xbox magazine)
13: Zatanna (twitter hints by Boon)
14: Power Girl (twitter poll by Boon...may be more likely for DLC b/c poll was done when this game was well into development and had been previously stated that characters were already picked)
15: Robin (logo on art book of CE....may only be story mode b/c lots of Batman family, including Nightwing, already present…I do not believe he is in the game; rather I believe we will get Red Hood)

Villains:
1 - 7: already revealed
8: Captain Cold (freeze character attacking Flash in early trailer)
9: Sinestro (in story mode per magazine article; twitter hint by Boon)
10: Doomsday (in story mode per magazine article; on fight stick w/ "Battle Edition")
11: Black Adam (twitter hints by Boon)
12: Ares (possible leak in recent magazine article)
13: Penguin (probably teasing false trail left by Boon...lots of Batman characters already, doesn't seem to fit the context of a fighting game)
14: Lobo (probably DLC...Boon frequently talked about Lobo in the context of DLC)

Other worth mentioning: Red Hood (Joker seen using a crow bar in Red Son trailer + Joker, in Boon’s twitter teaser re. MM and Penguin, is seen beating the hell out of someone in during what appears to be the story mode…I believe Robin is Jason Todd in this story and gets becomes Red Hood)

Old 01-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #813
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
Yes and Yes. In 1980 Marv Wolfman and George Perez introduced The New Teen Titans consisting of
Robin (Dick Grayson)
Wonder Girl (Donna Troy)
Kid Flash (Wally West)
Changeling a.k.a Beastboy (Garfield Logan)
Starfire (Koriander'r)
Raven
Cyborg (Victor Stone)
also Deathstroke made his first debut in New Teen Titans #2

This run of the Teen Titans rivaled Uncanny X-man in both sales and popularity. Thus sparking a cross over between the two. The Teen Titans 2003 series is also based of this run. Season 2 and 4 were based off two popular New Teen Titans arcs; the "Judas Contract", which revolved around Terra's betrayal of the titans. And the "Terror of Trigon", which pitted the Titans agianst their greatest threat, Raven's father Trigon.

Sadly Kid Flash was not a founding member, but made a few appearances in season 5. Lastly, Wonder Girl (Donna Troy) could not be in though show because of copyright issues, but made two unnamed cameos.
All this is true except that the latter part you speak of seems to be connected more to the TAS. In the original comic series the founders were dick Robin Roy Harper Arsenal as speedy Wally west as kid flash and Donna troy as the first wonder girl. and aqua lad maelstrom as he 's called since niht wing and him changed their names about the same time .

They were the true founders. then when cyborg, best boy , star fire and raven came about being as robin as leader and then he became night wing it was seen as the most popular series though arsenal took over from Night wing at that time and lead as did others from the foundin team that seems to be the one that stuck in certain up coming writers and artist minds and why that TAS featured those characters cyborg etc . the original founders all took turns leading or at least most of them have. the thing that made them similar to the X-Men too besides sales is they mentored other younger heroes to be heroes while others like batman were too busy. the were those of the founding teams idea too.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-18-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #814
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
All this is true except that the latter part you speak of seems to be connected more to the TAS. In the original comic series the founders were dick Robin Roy Harper Arsenal as speedy Wally west as kid flash and Donna troy as the first wonder girl. and aqua lad maelstrom as he 's called since niht wing and him changed their names about the same time .

They were the true founders. then when cyborg, best boy , star fire and raven came about being as robin as leader and then he became night wing it was seen as the most popular series though arsenal took over from night wing at that time and lead as did others that seems to be the one that stuck in certain up coming writers and artist minds and why that TAS featured those characters. the original founders all took turns leading or at least most of them have. the thin that made them similar to the X-Men too besides sales is they mentored other younger heroes to be heroes while others like batman were too busy.
Yeah I was talking about TAS. I was trying to say that Wally and Donna weren't in the original cast of the show, which was based off The New Teen Titans. Since the new teen titans run had the most impact on the dc universe. Although Lilith Clay nor Phantasm made appearances in the show.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #815
Raven X
Be Back Later

Quote:
Possible leak of Raven as playable character from XBox 360 news: link
Please let it be true!! Please let it be true!! Please let it be true!!

Disney Lover!!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #816
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Please let it be true!! Please let it be true!! Please let it be true!!
Pretty sure this is legit. My guess is that NR has been showing off different aspects of the game to different magazines lately giving everyone some little exclusive piece of info if they run a feature story. Makes sense for everyone involved.

Given the characters that have come out in magazines lately: Aquaman, Shazam, Sinestro, Doomsday, Ares, Raven .... and the characters that have been hinted: Black Adam, Penguin, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna .... who do you think will be in the next official NR video?

Old 01-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #817
Raven X
Be Back Later

Quote:
Pretty sure this is legit. My guess is that NR has been showing off different aspects of the game to different magazines lately giving everyone some little exclusive piece of info if they run a feature story. Makes sense for everyone involved.

Given the characters that have come out in magazines lately: Aquaman, Shazam, Sinestro, Doomsday, Ares, Raven .... and the characters that have been hinted: Black Adam, Penguin, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna .... who do you think will be in the next official NR video?
Raven or Zatanna, duh!!

but we are long due for another female.

and I hope a Tag mode is in, cuz I'm definitely pairing up Raven and Night wing, or Raven and Zatanna.

Disney Lover!!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #818
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Hmm, Tag-Team. I guess I'd try the Flash/Green Lantern combo.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #819
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

I wouldnt mind them showing off the tag-team feature as a Shazam/Black Adam trailer.......................................

I just realized something, if tag team mode is confirmed then i hope there are team supers. i.e(Supes and Wondy, Bats and Nightwing, Joker and Harley, Green Lantern and Sinestro)

Although one character that i really want is the heavy weight champion of Apokolips.......BIG BARDA!!!!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 01-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #820
RCM
Mortal Kombatant

thought boon said there wont be any tag team mode in the game

Old 01-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #821
zeptron
Side-Kick

Another tweet from Boon

RT @PHILIPSJAMAL @noobde black canary and black lightning please

EB: The question is: Canary, Lighting or Adam?

Old 01-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #822
Abudefduf
Custom User Title

^ I like his trollish attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
BIG BARDA!!!!
Sure, why not, but only if she uses that kewl axe-thing behind her as her weapon. But I doubt they'd want to waste a spot in the roster for such an obscure character... Maybe as a DLC.

Last edited by Abudefduf; 01-19-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #823
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Does Raven actually wear any underwear in that picture?
I wondered the same thing

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 01-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #824
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Scans from OXM UK
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA_jmIFCAAEF4vs.png:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA_jrcGCAAAuHpC.png:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA_jup6CAAAozcu.png:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA_jxSxCEAAz6An.png:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA_j18hCYAAk8jI.png:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA_j6rFCAAAeQz1.png:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA_gwsJCEAAVgzY.png:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA_hQdZCUAA9S99.png:large

So basically this is the same part of the stroy where Lex and Bane were confimed. It is noted that Raven was spotted in a cutscene creating portals to send away criminals, and later facing Lex. It seems that she'll be the Noob Saibot of Injustice, although much like the other characters she isnt confirmed playable.

Last edited by theOVOXO; 01-19-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #825
Raven X
Be Back Later

I hope Raven is playable and not just a background story character.......

I'm not going to get too excited until she's actually confirmed to be a playable character.

hopefully, she will be the next reveal, now that the cat's out of the bag, so to speak, about her existing in the Injustice universe.

and speaking of cats, based on the scans, it seems Catwoman is good, or at least on team Batman, since she's on the same side with Raven and Nightwing.

could that also mean Raven is on Team Batman, as well.

and it also looks like they are going for the pale/gray skin theme for Raven, like in the animated Titans show. hope they also draw inspiration from that show in terms of Raven's powers and abilities.

yeah, you know what I'm talking about:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Disney Lover!!

Last edited by Raven X; 01-19-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Closed Thread