The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #726
Airwings
Waves of air

Default Re: The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 2

I saw some pics of Jake Gyllenhaal from End of Watch, and I got this "out-of-this-world" feeling one gets when one has learned to know something amazing.
JG would suit the role of Hal Jordan very well in a more serious take on the character.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #727
TheTrickster
Side-Kick

Flash - Ryan Gosling
Wonder Woman - Actress from Legend of the Seeker
Manhunter - Idris Elba
Superman - Cavill
Batman - Me

And some role for Matt McConaughey.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #728
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Worst cast listed in a while

Old 12-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #729
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice

McConaughey needs to be, nay must be, Aquaman!

Old 12-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #730
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Is there even a remote chance Bale can be lured into playing Batman again?

Say, Blake is in training at the Batcave, but when earth is attacked the threat is so great Wayne comes out of retirement. Maybe then Blake can settle into the role of Nightwing, and DC movies get a little continuity going...

Old 12-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #731
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrickster View Post
Flash - Ryan Gosling
Wonder Woman - Actress from Legend of the Seeker
Manhunter - Idris Elba
Superman - Cavill
Batman - Me

And some role for Matt McConaughey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Worst cast listed in a while
It's actually not all that bad, just a tad cliche. Except of course, you know, the ME part!

Can you act?

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
Old 12-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #732
Project862006
Banned User

i kind of want matt in a comic book movie maybe not jl but with his current string of serious dramatic work like - Lincoln lawyer,killer joe,magic mike,paperboy and upcoming wolf of wallstreet ,Dallas Buyers Club and MUD

Old 12-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #733
TheWatcher
Dapper

I don't know Majik, I like it.

Elba may be overused in fan casts but the guy would be perfect for Manhunter.

He's got the look, height, muscle, and most importantly, the voice.

-Christian Bale
Old 12-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #734
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

He is my pick for Buzzer if ever there is a third GI JOE movie involving the Dreadnoks!

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
and
Old 12-31-2012, 01:09 AM   #735
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
Gosling's career doesn't need the help, though. If he wants a comic book franchise he can easily play Batman. No need to settle for being the Flash.
The Flash is a top hero. If a good actor (established or up-and-coming) can breathe life into the character with an amazing script and director then the film will be good.

Quote:
Ledger never said that. He said he wasn't a fan of comic movies, not that he'd never act in one.
Here's his quote
"I actually hate comic book movies, like f---ing hate them. They bore me and they're just dumb."

Gosling has stated numerous times he's not interested in doing comic movies, at the very least superhero movies.
Hmmm lol. If I hate something that's a pretty sure sign that I won't be involved with it lol. In this case I think if the right director and script is attached then an actor would be stupid to turn down a role that would help or benefit their career. Especially if the money is right.

I think Matt Bomer would compliment Cavill as Batman in a film. I can see a lot of other actors as Batman, but Matt has always been a favorite of mine also. Anson Mount would also make for a nice Batman.

I'm not opposed to Gosling as the Flash. The more I think about it the more it is starting to grow on me. As long as he could work well with an ensemble cast then I'm all for it. I would still rather see Timberlake or a similar actor in the role.

Duhamel is still my favorite choice for Hal Jordan. The guy looks dead like him and can act, has done drama, comedy, and action. Just look at him.

Sure he is on the taller side of 6'4, but that just means that his boots would be no more than an inch, where as Batman and Superman would wear at least 3-5 inch boots.

Casting for WW is hard. I've named 4-6 actresses I think would make a good WW. I haven't found that perfect 1, but the 4-6 I named can act, have presence and be able carry their own WW film or tv series.

The black guy from Fringe and Oz is starting to grow on me for J'onn/MM. I just want to see a tall, black actor with a commanding voice for the role

I wouldn't mind a slightly older Aquaman or someone around the same age as the other actors. I think Benedict Cumberbatch[sic] has an interesting look and would make a good Atlantean.

Think I'm going to start looking at blondes and redheads for WW and see if anyone might be a good choice lol.

p.s. The only choice I am 100% sure would make the best choice is my pic for hawkgirl lol. Dina Meyer from Starship Troopers looked, sounded, and acted just like Hawkgirl from JL/JLU. She's a bit on the older side (44), but i still think she would make the best Hawkgirl.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 12-31-2012, 01:20 AM   #736
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
Hmmm lol. If I hate something that's a pretty sure sign that I won't be involved with it
Not in Hollywood.

Edit: Also, someone saying they have no interest in doing something, means they are not interested. AKA Gosling on superhero movies.

Last edited by Majik1387; 12-31-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:30 AM   #737
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Not in Hollywood.

Edit: Also, someone saying they have no interest in doing something, means they are not interested. AKA Gosling on superhero movies.
I know, that is what I'm saying though. Ledger said he hated, F***ing hated them. Yet, he still did one. So even though Gosling says he has no interest in doing a comic-book film, who really knows what may happen. If the right director, script, timing, and $$$ comes along he might change his mind.

Plus you guys have to consider hat the JL movie probably won't come around until 2014 at the earliest, which means casting will begin in mid to late 2013. That is a lot of time for people to change their minds and develop into how characters look, etc.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:33 AM   #738
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

He's stated he's had no interest and has stated he's numerously turned them down.

The comparisons to Ledger are too contrasting to compare.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:40 AM   #739
Project862006
Banned User

MB Duhamel as good at acting as channing tatum buddy lol

Old 12-31-2012, 01:55 AM   #740
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
He's stated he's had no interest and has stated he's numerously turned them down.

The comparisons to Ledger are too contrasting to compare.
I'm really not trying to compare him to ledger. what I'm saying is that a person, actor, whomever can say one thing one minute and change their mind down the line. I don't really even care if Gosling does do it, though he is starting to grow on me since quite a few people bring him up. However, I would rather see someone like Timberlake or a similar actor.

What I'm saying is, like another poster already mentioned, if Nicholson, Keaton, Freeman, Caine, Bale, Hardy, Schwarzenneger, Jones, and Paltrow (all fine actors and then some) would do a superhero film I wouldn't rule out Gosling regardless of what he said. He's an actor lol. His "quotes" hold about as much water as a paper napkin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
MB Duhamel as good at acting as channing tatum buddy lol
Duhamel and the other actors on the military team were actually one of the better parts of the TF franchise, as opposed to the other non-cgi characters that were shown lol.

& Duhamel is faaaarrrrr better than Tatum is. I like Tatum, but he doesn't have range or isn't that good at expressing when he needs to.

As far as Duhamel is concerned he is a solid actor. He can do comedic, drama and action. IMO he would have made a better GL than RR did.

At no time have I ever said Duhamel can't act or was miscast in a role. The guy looks just like Hal Jordan and looks the part of a test pilot/military personnel.

Go watch Vegas or another film/show Duhammel has been in, not including soap operas lol, that makes anyone look bad.

Last edited by Midnight Black; 12-31-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:55 AM   #741
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

edit

Last edited by Jake Cassidy; 12-31-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:59 AM   #742
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

^^ Where was that link supposed to connect to?

Old 12-31-2012, 02:01 AM   #743
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
Sorry. Try this.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:03 AM   #744
Project862006
Banned User

reynolds is a far better actor than duhamael ryan in amytiville horror,buried,safe house,smoking aces were better than anything i have seen from josh

gl was bad because of the director and i like Campbell but he gave horrible direction script was awful too

gl problem is they wanted ryan's hal to be their tony stark

Old 12-31-2012, 02:18 AM   #745
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
Sorry. Try this.
Boom! Exactly what I was saying. You can't always go by what someone or in this case an actor says they will or won't do because if the right opportunity comes along they may change their minds.

Now back to the general castings lol. It makes no sense to me when people say I can't see this or that person in the role based on what they have done before. They're actors! They take what they can get lol. Sometimes it's not in their hands what they can or can't work on.

Also, if a terrible actor is being mentioned that is one thing or if an actor has only provided the same range and acting in every role. However if an actor is a solid actor, not great, but solid then I don't have a problem with them being suggested or even cast.

For me my suggestions are based on looks first and then acting abilities a close second. I'm not just throwing out pretty faces and models that look the part, but my actors do at least resemble the characters. Then if they past the looks test I immediately look at their acting ability for a decent, good, or great passing. Decent is the minimum I'll accept and usually means they've done work where I didn't think they were miscast or the acting was unbearable. I'm not mentioning any Tatums or similar actors, but to say Duhammel is like Tatum is meh. If anything Duhammel is like Gerard Butler IMO, and is just waiting on that next really breakout role. Gerard Butler was a solid actor before 300 and no one was really checking for him. Then after 300 he blew up and was in everything. Now I wouldn't say Gerard Butler was a great actor compared to some Oscar winners, but he definitely can carry a movie, has likability, and isn't a bore.

Some of ya'll keep mentioning acting ability like you want only Oscar winners or something. I really don't want to see a "DiCaprio" in this film. Give me 5 or 6 solid on up actors like in Star Trek, LOTR, Hobbit, XMen, FF, Avengers, etc and I'm good. Nobody was really checking for Chris Pine until he did Kirk, or Gosling until he did Notebook and a few other roles. Let some other good actors get their chance to explode and they may surprise you. Heath was a good actor and a lot of people doubted him in playing the Joker. I don't even want or care to get a performance like that from a JL film. I'd be happy if they just make a JL film that is as good as the DC direct-to-video animated films, but a tad better.

Last edited by Midnight Black; 12-31-2012 at 02:28 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:26 AM   #746
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
reynolds is a far better actor than duhamael ryan in amytiville horror,buried,safe house,smoking aces were better than anything i have seen from josh

gl was bad because of the director and i like Campbell but he gave horrible direction script was awful too

gl problem is they wanted ryan's hal to be their tony stark
I like RR, don't get me wrong. I think he did good in most of the films you mentioned. I haven't seen safe house, but heard it was good. However, I didn't like him in Smokin Aces. He kind of ruined it for me. He was okay in Amytiville horror too, nothing great.

Howver, what I said was that Duhamel would have made a better GL than RR.

Yeah it was the script and the director and the execution. However, I still think he was miscast or just phone in his performance. Either way I still think Josh would have made a better GL.

If RR comes back for JL (which I wouldn't mind) I don't want him playing Hal the way he did in GL, as I would rather the Flash be more like that type of character. I would want to see RR be a different interpretation. However, if they recast GL I think Duhamel would be the next best choice, more so than Pine.

I think once Pine became Kirk a lot of people just automatically assumed he would make a good GL. I wouldn't mind Pine as GL, but I think his big epic film is going to be ST. Not too many other actors do multiple franchises or big epics. There are a few, but not many. Two I can think of are McKellan and Stewart. I want JL to be a trilogy like LOTR. I think it can only be done right if it is shot back to back and made into either two films or three.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:35 AM   #747
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Yep, that is what I want lol. I want to see LOTR/Hobbit, except switch the fellowship with JL, Sauron with a baddie, and middle earth with real earth/space/ and possible other planets.

IMO that is one of the only ways that DC could really catch up with Marvel (if they are looking to) is by making back-to-back films or a trilogy to come out year after year. That way we get the character exposition and development, backstories, screen time, and setup for stand alone films or tv series.

Just think if a superhero film was made in the fain of Peter Jackson's epicness.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:04 AM   #748
Project862006
Banned User

i like pine more than both of them his portrayal of kirk was exactly what i wanted hal to be like

charismatic with a chip on his shoulders a bit arrogant and funny but also serious

Old 12-31-2012, 04:01 AM   #749
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
Boom! Exactly what I was saying. You can't always go by what someone or in this case an actor says they will or won't do because if the right opportunity comes along they may change their minds.

Now back to the general castings lol. It makes no sense to me when people say I can't see this or that person in the role based on what they have done before. They're actors! They take what they can get lol. Sometimes it's not in their hands what they can or can't work on.

Also, if a terrible actor is being mentioned that is one thing or if an actor has only provided the same range and acting in every role. However if an actor is a solid actor, not great, but solid then I don't have a problem with them being suggested or even cast.

For me my suggestions are based on looks first and then acting abilities a close second. I'm not just throwing out pretty faces and models that look the part, but my actors do at least resemble the characters. Then if they past the looks test I immediately look at their acting ability for a decent, good, or great passing. Decent is the minimum I'll accept and usually means they've done work where I didn't think they were miscast or the acting was unbearable. I'm not mentioning any Tatums or similar actors, but to say Duhammel is like Tatum is meh. If anything Duhammel is like Gerard Butler IMO, and is just waiting on that next really breakout role. Gerard Butler was a solid actor before 300 and no one was really checking for him. Then after 300 he blew up and was in everything. Now I wouldn't say Gerard Butler was a great actor compared to some Oscar winners, but he definitely can carry a movie, has likability, and isn't a bore.

Some of ya'll keep mentioning acting ability like you want only Oscar winners or something. I really don't want to see a "DiCaprio" in this film. Give me 5 or 6 solid on up actors like in Star Trek, LOTR, Hobbit, XMen, FF, Avengers, etc and I'm good. Nobody was really checking for Chris Pine until he did Kirk, or Gosling until he did Notebook and a few other roles. Let some other good actors get their chance to explode and they may surprise you. Heath was a good actor and a lot of people doubted him in playing the Joker. I don't even want or care to get a performance like that from a JL film. I'd be happy if they just make a JL film that is as good as the DC direct-to-video animated films, but a tad better.
See, I agree with most of what you are saying. I also do not consider any of these roles to be Oscar platforms. But it is important the actors cast have at least a good bit of range as far as the acting is concerned!

I definitely can't have someone who looks the part to the T but can't act his way out of a paper bag or has no acting range!

If they look reasonably similar to their CB selves but bridge that little gap with their portrayal of the character I couldn't ask for anything else!

That's my opinion on the matter anyway in case anyone over here was wanting to know!

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
and
Old 12-31-2012, 05:48 AM   #750
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
i like pine more than both of them his portrayal of kirk was exactly what i wanted hal to be like

charismatic with a chip on his shoulders a bit arrogant and funny but also serious
Chris Pine isn't going to do another role as a space faring sarcastic hero, nor is he the only actor who can play such a character.

Closed Thread