The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 06:03 AM   #751
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Default Re: The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 2

For Hal Jordan Ryan Reynolds is perfectly fine, but if they want to change the actor then Jensen Ackles would be another good choice.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:12 AM   #752
Project862006
Banned User

^jensen is awesome huge supernatural fan here and jensen is just so charismatic,funny,likeable,but also plays that loveable douche to a T

Old 12-31-2012, 06:59 AM   #753
TheTrickster
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
It's actually not all that bad, just a tad cliche. Except of course, you know, the ME part!

Can you act?
Not really. But i just generally act like batman on a day to day basis, so can just be me.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:03 AM   #754
TheTrickster
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Worst cast listed in a while
To be fair i cast Elba and Gosling in everything. The rest was just filler. I think the worst casting suggestions will be anyone who suggests, Gyllenhaal for any role and Gosling in no role.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:08 AM   #755
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrickster View Post
To be fair i cast Elba and Gosling in everything. The rest was just filler. I think the worst casting suggestions will be anyone who suggests, Gyllenhaal for any role and Gosling in no role.

Um... What now?

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
Old 12-31-2012, 07:46 AM   #756
TheTrickster
Side-Kick

Quote:

Um... What now?
Sorry he just annoys me. I get bored watching him. I've struggled to watch any film he has been in since Donnie D. Zodiac and the ice age one are the only ones i've watched to the end. The ice age one i only finished as i was in cinema.

Last edited by TheTrickster; 12-31-2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Only not onky
Old 12-31-2012, 09:55 AM   #757
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i like pine more than both of them his portrayal of kirk was exactly what i wanted hal to be like

charismatic with a chip on his shoulders a bit arrogant and funny but also serious
I do agree with this. I think Pine's Kirk would have made a great Jordan. However, as the other poster said, unless Pine WANTS to be in the JL movie because he is a fan or they throw a wad of cash at him he will probably turn it down because of it potentially becoming a franchise and any possible space correlations. However, I wouldn't mind Pine. I'd rather him be GL than RR again if RR is going to do Hal the same way, but if he changes his portrayal I wouldn't mind.

However, my frontrunner for Hal is Josh Duhamel...looks, acting ability, and has comedic timing, facial expressions and can do action.

Quote:
See, I agree with most of what you are saying. I also do not consider any of these roles to be Oscar platforms. But it is important the actors cast have at least a good bit of range as far as the acting is concerned!

I definitely can't have someone who looks the part to the T but can't act his way out of a paper bag or has no acting range!

If they look reasonably similar to their CB selves but bridge that little gap with their portrayal of the character I couldn't ask for anything else!

That's my opinion on the matter anyway in case anyone over here was wanting to know!
Thanks for sharing. Opinions of sense are always welcomed lol. Seriously though I get what you are saying. I just think that having a "good bit of range" is subjective....at least to a degree lol.

I like Duhamel for the part of Hal Jordan. I've seen him do comedy, drama, action, etc. However, I like Jensen from Supernatural as I am a semi-fan of that show. However, I've really only see Jensen do one character (though very well) so some could argue that he is a one gear actor without really having seen his other work. That is not necessarily the case though as I am sure, as an actor, he can do more.

Just cause you haven't seen them do it doesn't mean that it can't be done or can be for that matter.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)

Last edited by Midnight Black; 12-31-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:58 PM   #758
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

My point on range of acting stands true for suggestions like, I dunno, Sam Worthington? I've only seen him give a stone cold expression in all his movies and attempt to look bad ass (fail miserably at times, not so much in others)!

Jensen Ackles' role in the fourth season of Smallville was markedly different from the role he performed in Supernatural. This has made me believe he is talented enough to do Hal if need be! Jared on the other hand is more one dimensional in my opinion.

On the point of Duhamel, I can see him as Hal, no doubt. He'd look the character and has reasonably good acting ability. Perfect for a JLA film. Though personally I'd rather have a Ryan Reynolds helm a solo venture as the movies I've seen Duhamel go solo lead have not exactly filled me with joy! That's my opinion anyway! I have been wrong. I thought Wahlberg wasn't that much big a deal till I watched TED!

Also, Gyllenhaal was awesome in Source Code and End of Watch.

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
and

Last edited by aNarcHy2day; 12-31-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #759
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
My point on range of acting stands true for suggestions like, I dunno, Sam Worthington? I've only seen him give a stone cold expression in all his movies and attempt to look bad ass (fail miserably at times, not so much in others)!

Jensen Ackles' role in the fourth season of Smallville was markedly different from the role he performed in Supernatural. This has made me believe he is talented enough to do Hal if need be! Jared on the other hand is more one dimensional in my opinion.

On the point of Duhamel, I can see him as Hal, no doubt. He'd look the character and has reasonably good acting ability. Perfect for a JLA film. Though personally I'd rather have a Ryan Reynolds helm a solo venture as the movies I've seen Duhamel go solo lead have not exactly filled me with joy! That's my opinion anyway! I have been wrong. I thought Wahlberg wasn't that much big a deal till I watched TED!

Also, Gyllenhaal was awesome in Source Code and End of Watch.
You put a smile on my face today.

I've always been of fan of Wahlberg's, even back in his Marky Mark days. When I saw Fear and Boogie Nights I knew he would have a good career. His brother is a good actor too, some even say possibly better though he mainly does cops. Donnie has quite a bit of range. They have another brother that was in the Departed, but I think I've only saw him in one other thing, possibly Incredible.

Anywho, I get what you are saying as far as Duhamel being in a solo flick. I would rather RR take that helm, but would like to see Duhamel get a chance. However, as far as ensemble roles go I think Duhamel would compliment the film better and leave the wise cracks mostly up to whoever plays Flash.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #760
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
You put a smile on my face today.
I think we got off on the wrong foot regarding the actors being cast in both DC and Marvel properties. My basic point there was that there most probably is a clause in at least the Marvel movie contracts that prevent them from taking part in DC movies while actively involved in a Marvel Movie.

Also, doesn't appear DC are actively pursuing such actors.

Hope that clears the air on that matter.

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
and
Old 12-31-2012, 03:25 PM   #761
az824
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrickster View Post
Sorry he just annoys me. I get bored watching him. I've struggled to watch any film he has been in since Donnie D. Zodiac and the ice age one are the only ones i've watched to the end. The ice age one i only finished as i was in cinema.
I have to agree, I can't watch anything with him in it. Ice age I hate in general though, not because of him

Old 12-31-2012, 03:40 PM   #762
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
I think we got off on the wrong foot regarding the actors being cast in both DC and Marvel properties. My basic point there was that there most probably is a clause in at least the Marvel movie contracts that prevent them from taking part in DC movies while actively involved in a Marvel Movie.

Also, doesn't appear DC are actively pursuing such actors.

Hope that clears the air on that matter.
I got you and concur!

Old 12-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #763
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice

Henry Cavill - Superman

Karl Urban - Batman

Jessica Chastain - Wonder Woman

David Oyelowo - Green Lantern

Charlie Day - Flash

Matthew McConaughey - Aquaman

Ken Wantanabe - Martian Manhunter

Old 12-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #764
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Huh... Other than Charlie Day, which would be very inspired casting actually, everyone else is to old for a franchise TBH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 01-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #765
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Huh... Other than Charlie Day, which would be very inspired casting actually, everyone else is to old for a franchise TBH.
Not if they shoot the films back-to-back Donner/Peter Jackson style.

I really want JL to go the route of LOTR/Hobbit and have a film come out each year. IMO that is the only way that DC can: 1. catch up and/or mimic Marvel's success without spending at least 5-8 years doing standalones and building a DC cinematic universe 2: establish a unified DC cinematic universe that introduces the general audience (GA) to each character for their own films/tv series.

However, if they decide to go the traditional route with 2-3 years inbetween films then I wouldn't mind the films taking advantage of the characters age and starting off with a novice JL team and then venturing into a somewhat Kingdom Come version by using hair dye, etc. to age the actors on screen. That way you can introduce new heroes that either become apart of the league (a la JLU) or new heroes that do battle as "government" heroes against a JLU. This could combine the best parts of JLU, TDK Returns, and other DC comic stories.

I would love to see JL done either of these ways. Plus, this would separate JL from Avengers in that they either shoot back to back sequels or trilogies or show how age plays a factor for superheroes. I'm assuming that Avengers won't go the route of showcasing how age and heroics come to play, nor would I want to see that represented in Avengers, but I think JL would be a great platform to show the difference in a 30yr old Superman and a 44+yr old Superman.

Last edited by Midnight Black; 01-01-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #766
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

If they film a Justice League trilogy back to back it would mean no solo films for the Man of Steel franchise until 2018 earliest.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #767
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

we all know that would never happen. and i would hate a trilogy anyway. it means it would have an end.

also, i wish amanda seyfried was taller, she might have had a shot at wondy.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #768
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
we all know that would never happen. and i would hate a trilogy anyway. it means it would have an end.

also, i wish amanda seyfried was taller, she might have had a shot at wondy.
All movies have an end. So what does it matter. Do you want to wait 8-10 years with the possibility of actors growing too old for the parts, dying, or the franchise not getting made due to bad reviews/profits or would you rather get a quality JL film as soon as possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
If they film a Justice League trilogy back to back it would mean no solo films for the Man of Steel franchise until 2018 earliest.
Who's to say that they will use Cavill as Superman? Also, if they do use him and shoot back to back then they might begin MoS immediately after or before so we could get MoS2 in 2015/2016. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to MoS2 leading into the the JL movie as a sort of prequel.

Last edited by Midnight Black; 01-02-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #769
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

I personally do think DC are gonna do nothing radical with both JLA and MoS and follow the traditional "World Cup" pattern they have followed for Batman all these years. Its an interesting suggestion, though.

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
and
Old 01-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #770
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Dean View Post
Matthew McConaughey - Aquaman

didn't he recently lose a lot of weight for a role...

(I mean, I guess like Bale(between the Machinist and Batman Begins he could put to weight back on, but, still...)

Old 01-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #771
zeptron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
That said, I absolutely cannot stand it when people clamor for Megan Fox to be cast as Wonder Woman. Granted, this is mainly among the GA with young boys or men who just see Woman Woman for her bust size. Megan Fox has not had a good performance yet from what I've seen from her. She's stuck up and not even the right build. Wonder Woman should be tall and somewhat muscular- at least toned. Megan is neither, she's short and skinny. Did I mention she can't act?
Not to mention she has no respect for the character. IIRC, her exact words were "I don't wanna play ****ing Wonder Woman."

While there's not many people on this site that suggest her now, there's still plenty of people on Youtube doing so. I don't wanna sound elitist, but I hope these people never become casting directors. It's because of choosing an actress not based on acting ablity, but upon attractiveness and being an It Girl, we got Jessica Alba as Invisible Women.

The only reason Fox even got so well known in the first place is because all she did was look hot in a movie. A movie she wasn't even the star off.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #772
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Though, to be absolutely fair to Alba she is a much better actress than Fox!

Invisible Woman was the wrong role for her!

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
and
Old 01-02-2013, 06:52 AM   #773
Airwings
Waves of air

Seann William Scott as Arthur Curry?

Old 01-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #774
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Not elitist at all. I'd go as far as saying they shouldn't get involved with filmsking period if they truly can't understand the relationship of quality of actor(s) to worth of the movie.

And at least Alba looked like IW. Like always, that doesn't make her well suited but it's impossible to deny that it has an impact.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #775
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

What are you talking about? Jessica Alba doesn't look anything like Sue Storm. Megan and Jessica are pretty much the same acting level wise. The only good performance Jess did well was her Dark Angel days and thats long gone everything else has been meh. Megan at least can do comedies without looking stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Closed Thread