Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #101
Changeling
Banned User

Default Re: The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I never agree with your casting choices but this time except Gosling for Batman.

Why even quote me then?

Old 11-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #102
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post

Why even quote me then?

I wanted to say that I agree with your casting choices This time around except for Batman (Gosling.)

Most of the time I do not agree with the casting choices, but we can agree sometimes, and that is OK as we are only speculating, I see no harm in that.

*\S/T*
Old 11-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #103
Changeling
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post

I wanted to say that I agree with your casting choices This time around except for Batman (Gosling.)

Most of the time I do not agree with the casting choices, but we can agree sometimes, and that is OK as we are only speculating, I see no harm in that.
Apologies, I misunderstood. Thanks man

Old 11-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #104
RadioSha
Side-Kick

Sorry. I had to post this again. As a fan, this is my dream team

Old 11-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #105
Project862006
Banned User

^jimmy olsen is part of the justice league?

Old 11-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #106
TheWatcher
Dapper

I like the cast. A couple of problems though.

Esienberg doesn't fit Barry and Reedus doesn't seem like a king, though he should be in a CBM somewhere.

-Christian Bale
Old 11-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #107
bat89
Side-Kick

Question: what is it about Bradley Cooper that people seem to really want him as Barry Allen/Flash? I wouldn't be upset if he got cast, like I've said before, I love these characters so much that I'm seeing this movie opening night no matter what as long as it is taken seriously. However, I just don't see the hype over Cooper to play Flash.

Last edited by bat89; 11-11-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #108
kingflop

I find Cooper to be a little bit too old to play Flash.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #109
bat89
Side-Kick

How about Keira Knightley as Wonder Woman? She has already proven herself as an excellent actress who is used to strong roles, and she's a big enough name without overshadowing the character. Right along with Jessica Brown Findlay, I really like her for the role.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #110
bat89
Side-Kick

Michael Fassbender/Alex Pettyfer/James Lafferty(still like that guy for the role) as Batman
Keira Knightley as Wonder Woman
Alexander Skarsgard as Aquaman
Garrett Hedlund/Ben McKenzie as Flash(Barry only because I like the new 52 line-up. I see Garrett more as Wally though)
Jensen Ackles/ Matt Lanter as Green Lantern(Hal)
Michael B. Jordan as Cyborg

Last edited by bat89; 11-12-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:08 AM   #111
Deathstroke
Banned User

Old 11-13-2012, 05:02 AM   #112
Project862006
Banned User

knightly is far too skinny for an amazon lol

Old 11-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #113
bat89
Side-Kick

And at the time of his casting, Bale was far too skinny for Batman. While its just a fan casting, she could add some muscle and tone up for the role. Keira is not my first choice for the role but I have no doubt she could pull it off, especially if the film is based on the new 52.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #114
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

My JL manip (MEW as WW.), I haven't added Flash, I will add him next time.

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 11-14-2012 at 01:40 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #115
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat89 View Post
And at the time of his casting, Bale was far too skinny for Batman. While its just a fan casting, she could add some muscle and tone up for the role. Keira is not my first choice for the role but I have no doubt she could pull it off, especially if the film is based on the new 52.
I'm not speaking against Keira as an actress because I like her, but even at her fullest, she doesn't come close to not being skinny, which is fine, but she's one of the worst suggestions I've seen for the role.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #116
bat89
Side-Kick

Worst than Mila Kunis?

Old 11-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #117
Majik1387

Yes, a worse suggestion for WW than Mila Kunis.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #118
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Yeah, I really like Keira as an actress and I think that she gets unfairly criticized because so many people hate the Pirates movies... but she's totally wrong for WW. As for whether she's worse than Kunis? Meh, they're both terrible choices for the role so it doesn't really matter.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #119
bat89
Side-Kick

Ok, this is a fan casting thread, so the chances that anyone on here will be in the movie besides Cavill is pretty low. That being said, on paper, Keira Knightly is a far superior choice than most if not all of the other women who have been fan casted as Wonder Woman. She has more name recognition than most of the other choices, (something this movie does need),she has experience with strong female roles in big blockbuster franchises(which we all hope JL will be) and she is a far better actress than most of the woman fans have considered for the role.
Again, I am not married to this idea or any other of the casting/plot ideas I have posted on here. I 'm going to see this film no matter what. Hell, I was excited about JL:Mortal and was interested in seeing what that cast could do. Let's not forget, a lot of fanboys hated the casting of Ledger and Hathaway as Joker and Selina, now they have become the definitive portrayal of those roles(for now). The one thing Keira has in common with Heath and Anne is that she also an incredible actor who could blow people away with the role if given the chance.
Again, Keira isn't even in my top three of Wonder Woman candidates, however I do think she could pull it off very well. And I think it is very unfair that she is said to be a much worse choice than other pretty faces and nice bodies(depending on who you ask) who couldn't even begin to hold a candle to Keira's talent. That is all.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #120
Deathstroke
Banned User

Coming from the guy who wants Alex Pettyfer for..... Batman.... *shudders*

Old 11-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #121
Majik1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat89 View Post
Ok, this is a fan casting thread, so the chances that anyone on here will be in the movie besides Cavill is pretty low.
I'm just gonna say at this point, what you're saying is bull ****.
Quote:
That being said, on paper, Keira Knightly is a far superior choice than most if not all of the other women who have been fan casted as Wonder Woman.
Not at all, may want to sift through the unimaginative, boring, and bad suggestions for the roles as there have been a good many decent, good, and great suggestions.
Quote:
She has more name recognition than most of the other choices, (something this movie does need),
So do other, better suggestions.
Quote:
she has experience with strong female roles in big blockbuster franchises(which we all hope JL will be)
A whole one series, and an underrated performance in the flop of Domino.
Quote:
and she is a far better actress than most of the woman fans have considered for the role.
Again, that's just purely false.
Quote:
Again, I am not married to this idea or any other of the casting/plot ideas I have posted on here. I 'm going to see this film no matter what. Hell, I was excited about JL:Mortal and was interested in seeing what that cast could do.
That's just sad, I shall pray for your comic fan soul.
Quote:
Let's not forget, a lot of fanboys hated the casting of Ledger and Hathaway as Joker and Selina, now they have become the definitive portrayal of those roles(for now).
Ledger got a lot of hate yes, but he definitely had his supporters prior to the teaser image(myself included). Other than a handful of posters, no one really hated when Hathaway was announced as Catwoman at all.
Quote:
The one thing Keira has in common with Heath and Anne is that she also an incredible actor who could blow people away with the role if given the chance.
Maybe in a different heroine role, but not Wonder Woman.
Quote:
Again, Keira isn't even in my top three of Wonder Woman candidates, however I do think she could pull it off very well. And I think it is very unfair that she is said to be a much worse choice than other pretty faces and nice bodies(depending on who you ask) who couldn't even begin to hold a candle to Keira's talent. That is all.
And again, I tell you, sift through the threads and you'll find that while the pretty face no talent actresses clog the threads, you will find much better choices than the likes of Keira.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #122
bat89
Side-Kick

How is that bull? Unless you are a WB insider and know something about the JL casting that I don't, how can you say that the chances the people who actually get these roles in 2015 are not suggestions on this thread is bull? Out of all these fan casting choices, the liked and the disliked, the only certain one for right now is Henry Cavill as Superman. For someone is suggest overwise is bull****.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:38 AM   #123
bat89
Side-Kick

How about Katie McGrath as Wonder Woman?

Old 11-14-2012, 01:39 AM   #124
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

She is too short... A good couple of inches shorter than what IMO should be the minimum height of a Wonder Woman candidate!

Also she seems a little too pale, though that isn't the biggest issue for me.

I'd rather have Meghan Ory!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #125
conan69
Cimmerian

Unless the actress is short, like under 5'5, I don't think height will be a issue.

Look what they did with Tom Hardy, they made him appear to be much larger than he actually is.

Closed Thread