The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead

Old 11-12-2012, 12:23 AM   #101
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Walking Dead Seaon 3 Episode 5 "Say The Word" Discussion Thread

I'm loving the new direction of this series. That first scene with the Gov' set the tone. Crazy people doing crazy things in a crazy time. Finally, this show has the gumption of the books.

I also love how straight up dum Andrea is being, it's going to lead to a great pay off. Again that's what the books were about.

That phone call at the end better be from who I think it is!

A movie about a man learning to be Superman will finally get the GA invested in the premise, while at the same time piss off people that want what they want. If only the latter group showed up for the last movie.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #102
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Old 11-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #103
combocaz
Side-Kick

Theres noway that potbelly on that walker could fit a whole human(lori) inside. But how screwed up is that, rick goes in to retrieve his wifes body only to find that shes been digested.

combocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #104
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Old 11-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #105
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

That's pretty funny.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Avvy by Kane

Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:31 AM   #106
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Anyway, hopefully Andrea's loins don't overpower her brain too much. Michonne run far, far away and never look back, find Rick and the others cause I want to see you and Daryl "muthaf***ing" Dixon do some crossbow/katana action.

I guess I'll take her having a sword fight with Merle. I pray Andrea isn't the cause for her getting you-know-what.

LibidoLoca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:46 AM   #107
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

Why are they killing all the crappy characters now? They need to save them for the coming Woodsbury massacre!

JJJ's Ulcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:04 AM   #108
Maximus One
Oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGenerate10 View Post
After this episode I would love love love to see Andrew Lincoln as Bruce Wayne/Batman
YES!!!! YES YES YES YES YES YES!!! He would own that role at Keaton levels of awesomeness

Old 11-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #109
Scias

Ok, to make it simple: I would say if the last episode was an absolutely "10" on the scale, I would rate this episode maybe as a 6 or 7.

This episode has shown some cool scenes but the concept of this episode was a bit disappointing.

Especially the part where Daryl and Maggie looked for baby stuff. It built up a lot of tension but nothing actually was happening. For me it was kinda pointless showin so much of this.
Hope there will be a good reason why they showed Merle getting the walkers for this "special event" too. Was IMO just a fun-scene. No real plot at all.

Like it was forseen Rick has lost it all and he was outraging like hell. Im not really happy with the encounter of Glenn and Rick. For him not really realizing his friends (Glenn would say family) was a little bit too sick. But ok thats how this show works. I would've expected Rick to just getting mad at everyone as long as they dont leave him alone.

The main plot was focused on the background-story of Woodsbury and especially on Michone. I like the way the show forms Michones character. She always acts so absolutely based on instincts, kinda like a wild animal. Its very nice to see her acts on the screen.
Andrea is the absolute opposite. I was looking forward to see her grow up with Michone by her side but now that she has abandoned her only friend (at least for the last month) for this illusion of a perfect town she really is dispiteful.
The governors character didnt develope the way its meant yet. The whole episode he is like "pro village, pro party, im your man!" stuff. The scene with his daughter and the way he thinks that zombie-gladiator-fights are "normal" lets him at least look a bit crazy. But for the time being Im still looking for him to turn into a real piece of ass-kickin ****.

Oh yeah and then there was the end-part of Ricks snap-out.
Did someone also realizes that he hasnt really killed the zombie yet?
(he shot right DOWN his mouth but not where the brain should be)

I think the people on the phone can only be someone who also has been living in the prison yet. Maybe its the soldier who told the prisoners to stay at the cafeteria. But I doubt that.
At least it wouldnt make sense if someone is calling Rick from outside the prison since its even hard to believe that the connection inside the prison is working. I thought Rick and Oscar had shut down the power (coz of the sirens). No power no calls. So why its working?

This scene also remind me of Duane and Morgan Jones (from first episode). I hope we will get some facts about their whereabouts before this season ends.

The scenes I like the most:

1. The whole scene at the "prison graveyard". Watching Glenn talking to Hershel -especially the part where he said he would trade any numbers of people for one of his group-mates. Im still wondering if Hershel took Glenns hand to express him feeling the same about the group or for him being worried that Glenn gets a bit more cruel (killing off other people for the good of the group).

2. Michone sneaking in the govenors room. Especially looking at his notes with all the lines. I think the lines either stands for the people that got killed (for/in Woodsbury) or it could also be a special document, only showing the right information when you look through all pages at once (maybe also behind a light-source). At least you can see that there is quite some difference in the line-strength.

3. Daryl feeding the "little ass-kicker" . Sweet scene.

Last edited by Scias; 11-12-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Scias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:57 AM   #110
Deadpool7
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scias View Post
Ok, to make it simple: I would say if the last episode was an absolutely "10" on the scale, I would rate this episode maybe as a 6 or 7.

This episode has shown some cool scenes but the concept of this episode was a bit disappointing.

Especially the part where Daryl and Maggie looked for baby stuff. It built up a lot of tension but nothing actually was happening. For me it was kinda pointless showin so much of this.
Hope there will be a good reason why they showed Merle getting the walkers for this "special event" too. Was IMO just a fun-scene. No real plot at all.

Like it was forseen Rick has lost it all and he was outraging like hell. Im not really happy with the encounter of Glenn and Rick. For him not really realizing his friends (Glenn would say family) was a little bit too sick. But ok thats how this show works. I would've expected Rick to just getting mad at everyone as long as they dont leave him alone.

The main plot was focused on the background-story of Woodsbury and especially on Michone. I like the way the show forms Michones character. She always acts so absolutely based on instincts, kinda like a wild animal. Its very nice to see her acts on the screen.
Andrea is the absolute opposite. I was looking forward to see her grow up with Michone by her side but now that she has abandoned her only friend (at least for the last month) for this illusion of a perfect town she really is dispiteful.
The governors character didnt develope the way its meant yet. The whole episode he is like "pro village, pro party, im your man!" stuff. The scene with his daughter and the way he thinks that zombie-gladiator-fights are "normal" lets him at least look a bit crazy. But for the time being Im still looking for him to turn into a real piece of ass-kickin ****.

Oh yeah and then there was the end-part of Ricks snap-out.
Did someone also realizes that he hasnt really killed the zombie yet?
(he shot right DOWN his mouth but not where the brain should be)

I think the people on the phone can only be someone who also has been living in the prison yet. Maybe its the soldier who told the prisoners to stay at the cafeteria. But I doubt that.
At least it wouldnt make sense if someone is calling Rick from outside the prison since its even hard to believe that the connection inside the prison is working. I thought Rick and Oscar had shut down the power (coz of the sirens). No power no calls. So why its working?

This scene also remind me of Duane and Morgan Jones (from first episode). I hope we will get some facts about their whereabouts before this season ends.

The scenes I like the most:

1. The whole scene at the "prison graveyard". Watching Glenn talking to Hershel -especially the part where he said he would trade any numbers of people for one of his group-mates. Im still wondering if Hershel took Glenns hand to express him feeling the same about the group or for him being worried that Glenn gets a bit more cruel (killing off other people for the good of the group).

2. Michone sneaking in the govenors room. Especially looking at his notes with all the lines. I think the lines either stands for the people that got killed (for/in Woodsbury) or it could also be a special document, only showing the right information when you look through all pages at once (maybe also behind a light-source). At least you can see that there is quite some difference in the line-strength.

3. Daryl feeding the "little ass-kicker" . Sweet scene.

I guess you haven't read the books. I won't spoil who is on the phone with Rick but I think you'll like it.

Deadpool7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #111
DarthPollo
Side-Kick

"Especially the part where Daryl and Maggie looked for baby stuff. It built up a lot of tension but nothing actually was happening. For me it was kinda pointless showin so much of this".

I always thought about this type of things.....I think it's real life, sometimes you are just tense expecting something to happen, but nothing does happen, but that doesn't take away the fact that it's a dangerous situation, you know what I mean? I mean even soldiers at war have their "down" time and nothing happens....

DarthPollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #112
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

I was hoping for a couple kinder-zombies

Old 11-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #113
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Penny, the arena fights and the phone, all in one episode?!
Yeah, I was pretty damn happy. You knew it was coming since they forshadowed to it twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGenerate10 View Post
After this episode I would love love love to see Andrew Lincoln as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
YES!!!! YES YES YES YES YES YES!!! He would own that role at Keaton levels of awesomeness
I said this in 2010 guys.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher. To break barriers... to reach for the stars... to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we're still pioneers... that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us. That our destiny lies above us."
Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #114
tzarinna
С новым годом!

Damn, Rick is really going to be hard to live with. Unless, that phone call from you know who just brightens his crazy.

tzarinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #115
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
I said this in 2010 guys.
I said it sometime between 2010 and now!

Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
HighFivingMF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #116
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

This episode served as a nice cool down from the last few intense episodes, and I think it did a good job of exploring different characters pretty well.

Who would have thought that Daryl would be feeding the little ass kicker?

As for the zombie name, TWD follows Romero's tradition of not using it.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #117
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
HighFivingMF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #118
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

They are going all CGI on the zombie killings.

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #119
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Still.... better than the World War Z CG.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #120
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Yes, those are actually pretty good effects for a tv show.

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #121
SpideyForPrez
Pandering to Webublicans

That T-Dog puppet they showed on The Talking Dead last night was awesome.

SpideyForPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #122
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Old 11-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #123
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Seriously does Penny look like the girl from The Exorcist, or is it just me?

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #124
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyForPrez View Post
That T-Dog puppet they showed on The Talking Dead last night was awesome.
Yeah that was insane how real it looked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Seriously does Penny look like the girl from The Exorcist, or is it just me?
She does a lot, I wonder if they ever gonna remake that movie I'd pick her as Regan.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #125
Scias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool7 View Post
I guess you haven't read the books. I won't spoil who is on the phone with Rick but I think you'll like it.
No Im not a real fan of the comics since the show in some cases seems to be very close to its story.

First of all thanks for your no-spoilering

But now I would like to know ... exactly this scene was shown in the comic books already?
I wouldnt have thought for the show to be this similar to the books in any way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPollo
I always thought about this type of things.....I think it's real life, sometimes you are just tense expecting something to happen, but nothing does happen, but that doesn't take away the fact that it's a dangerous situation, you know what I mean? I mean even soldiers at war have their "down" time and nothing happens...
Yah thats a point. Its not like I havent thought of this scene as interesting but after these mixed up scenes it somehow felt like a filler for the episode at first glance.

Of coz we had seen this kindof scenes in season 2 (especially in search of Sophia), but the context felt different (better) since we were like personally searchin for her too while looking at whats happening next. This time it was just "woooh lets get some stuff out of a crappy house like we did dozens of times before"

Last edited by Scias; 11-12-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Scias is offline   Reply With Quote