The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #626
SuperBatman
Side-Kick

Default Re: 2012 NFL thread: Manning, Moore & Whatnot

If Fining the guy isn't getting through to him NFL should Suspend him for the rest of the year I agree with u. The guy needs to learn a lesson

Old 11-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #627
Burgundy LaRue
Side-Kick

This particular incident is borderline, IMO. The problem for Suh is his history which will be used against him.

Is it possible the guy has some sort of disassoicative problem?

Old 11-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #628
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk

The NFL needs to crack down on Suh really hard. I watched some of his hardest hits on youtube and even the ones that weren't penalties were overboard. It's too much.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #629
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Frankly, it stinks of hypocrisy for the NFL to talk about prioritizing the safety of players while also allowing Suh on the field.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #630
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Same could be said for Harrison though as well. There are plenty of dirty players he is just the one people focus on.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #631
Burgundy LaRue
Side-Kick

The league in general is dirty and unsafe. They only care about quarterback safety, and select QBs at that. Everyone else can die on the field for all Goodell cares, but for the money.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #632
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgundy LaRue View Post
The league in general is dirty and unsafe. They only care about quarterback safety, and select QBs at that. Everyone else can die on the field for all Goodell cares, but for the money.

Football is a violet sport and needs to stay that way. Had it up to here with this silly PC crap. Just fine people big money when it's intentional outlawed hits. You can still get big hits that take the breath out of people, while still being legal. I've seen it a few times this year.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #633
Burgundy LaRue
Side-Kick

I know football is violent. And I wasn't asking for a PC league. I'm not trying to start an argument.

I wasn't talking about that, anyway.

But be consistent. Protect one, protect them all. And play fair with the rules.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #634
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgundy LaRue View Post
Yeah, that's not true. The league's done a whole lot to over-protect receivers even moreso than they already were in recent years.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 11-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #635
Hound55

I don't know why but I've always had less of an issue with Harrison than I do with Suh...

I think it's because Harrison is just a lot more unrepentant, and generally honest about the fact that he's gonna play dirty. Compared with Suh who is just as dirty but then tries to deny the fact.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 11-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #636
HowardStark
Banned User

Harrison plays old school football like Steelers D plays. Suh just is a dirty big child.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #637
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

They are both hit you in the mouth players yet Harrison is "accepted" cause he is a Steeler and that's "Steeler football". I think that's retarded, they are both great players and honestly they are the kind of players I want to watch. I also want to watch the Tom Brady's and Peyton's of the league as well. Violence is a part of this game we all love and honestly I hate how watered down it has become. Do I need limbs stomped and balls kicked? No. I do also recognize this stuff happens and honestly much more does we don't see inbetween those to lines crushing each other, it's part of the game and when I hear people talk about banning a player or extended suspensions it just irks me.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #638
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Blocks below the waist could be banned in 2013:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...waist-in-2013/

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 11-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #639
Hound55

I don't think Harrison IS accepted. I think Harrison's had this reputation as the dirtiest player in football for longer than he maybe should have because he's just completely unrepentant and matter-of-fact about it.

"Yeah I did it, if the same situation happens next week I'll do it again then too."

He strikes me as a far more honest player than Suh is, and I can respect that. I could care less about some flimsy perceived team identity, a dirty player on a team is a dirty player. I don't care whether it's on the Packers, Jets, Ravens, Patriots, Raiders or Steelers. Whoever. You can mess a guy up within the rules of the game.

So I'm not happy when Harrison does dirty ****, but I can respect that he's at least honest with himself and everyone else about it.

...funny thing is, I don't think he's ever been as dirty as the worst of Suh in the first place. He nailed some dumbarse fan, but even flicking through youtube, I've struggled to find anything as bad as Suh's worst.

Last edited by Hound55; 11-23-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #640
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't think Harrison is as honest about it as you make it seem. This is the guy who played victim, accusing Roger Goodell of being the racist football equivalent to Hitler, in case you're forgetting.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #641
Hound55

Oh, he's not afraid to play victim to the penalties he receives... But then I just about think he's entitled to, because he's right. He gets targeted in a big way by the NFL as Public Enemy number one.

How much did Suh get fined for his hits on Delhomme or Colt McCoy compared with Harrison's on Brees and McCoy? Granted, his were a pair of late hits rather than completely f***ing up a guy and headhunting someone who still had the ball. But I don't think there's any doubt that the way he gets treated is inequitable.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #642
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
Oh, he's not afraid to play victim to the penalties he receives... But then I just about think he's entitled to, because he's right. He gets targeted in a big way by the NFL as Public Enemy number one.

How much did Suh get fined for his hits on Delhomme or Colt McCoy compared with Harrison's on Brees and McCoy? Granted, his were a pair of late hits rather than completely f***ing up a guy and headhunting someone who still had the ball. But I don't think there's any doubt that the way he gets treated is inequitable.
I don't feel a shred of sympathy toward Harrison. It would've never been as hard on him if he just took his first fine like a man. Instead he instantly played the race card and basically called his boss racist and said he is going to keep on doing it anyway. Of course that put a target on his back.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:49 PM   #643
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Not questioning whether or Suh is a dirty player but the kick to the crotch seemed unintentional. He fell awkwardly into Shaub.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #644
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
Not questioning whether or Suh is a dirty player but the kick to the crotch seemed unintentional. He fell awkwardly into Shaub.
No he didn't. I thought the same thing at first but rewatch a couple of times. His leg moves in one direction, naturally with the momentum of the fall. Then it suddenly stops for a fraction of a second and jerks in an unnatural direction toward Schaub's crotch. Upon closer inspection, it was definitely intentional.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #645
Hound55

Oh, absolutely. He's the reason why the target's on his back. Doesn't mean it's right for the NFL to treat him differently than players who are doing worse things than him though.

Just because the guy's an idiot (honest about the dirtier aspects of football that the league would like to sweep under the rug) doesn't mean he should be getting held to a higher standard than other guy's who are doing things just as bad.

I completely understand why that target's there, it doesn't mean I agree with it.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:57 PM   #646
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
I believe that head pivot gives him away.

Spill

Old 11-23-2012, 10:57 PM   #647
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Oh, absolutely. He's the reason why the target's on his back. Doesn't mean it's right for the NFL to treat him differently than players who are doing worse things than him though.

Just because the guy's an idiot (honest about the dirtier aspects of football that the league would like to sweep under the rug) doesn't mean he should be getting held to a higher standard than other guy's who are doing things just as bad.

I completely understand why that target's there, it doesn't mean I agree with it.
I just think when you openly boast about what a dirty player you are, you open yourself up to a bit more scrutiny. It is kinda like if a Mafioso walks into a police station and says, "Hey everyone! I'm a career criminal, catch me in the act if you can!" Would that mobster really have the right to be upset about being under surveillance afterward?

Old 11-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #648
Hound55

Not about being under surveillance; that would be understandable, but I think he'd have a valid argument if he found himself staring down the barrel of more severe penalties for those crimes than those crimes generally receive, while others reap the benefits of lesser penalties while repeatedly bulls***ting that their play was unintentional.

THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE.

Last edited by Hound55; 11-23-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:59 PM   #649
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

Can we even call this football with all these tackles being outlawed? A hit is a hit. Pretty soon we're gonna be watching flag football out there.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:25 AM   #650
HowardStark
Banned User

Quote:
I don't think Harrison IS accepted. I think Harrison's had this reputation as the dirtiest player in football for longer than he maybe should have because he's just completely unrepentant and matter-of-fact about it.

"Yeah I did it, if the same situation happens next week I'll do it again then too."

He strikes me as a far more honest player than Suh is, and I can respect that. I could care less about some flimsy perceived team identity, a dirty player on a team is a dirty player. I don't care whether it's on the Packers, Jets, Ravens, Patriots, Raiders or Steelers. Whoever. You can mess a guy up within the rules of the game.

So I'm not happy when Harrison does dirty ****, but I can respect that he's at least honest with himself and everyone else about it.

...funny thing is, I don't think he's ever been as dirty as the worst of Suh in the first place. He nailed some dumbarse fan, but even flicking through youtube, I've struggled to find anything as bad as Suh's worst.
Truth Be Known Ray Lewis is likely the true Dirtiest Player but everyone over looks it because of his legend status.

Closed Thread