Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post

Two Words....

"BUS DRIVER!!!!!!!!!!"

Old 11-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #552
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: The President Obama Thread: "Re-Election!" Edition

President Obama's family costs US taxpayers 20 times what the Royal Family costs citizens in the United Kingdom. [source]

That's 1.4 billion dollars per year... nearly $7 per taxpayer just for the Obama family's lifestyle. (MSN seems to think that's an acceptable amount!)

I thought this guy was for the lower class? What about this national debt I hear Americans speak of?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #553
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
President Obama's family costs US taxpayers 20 times what the Royal Family costs citizens in the United Kingdom. [source]

That's 1.4 billion dollars per year... nearly $7 per taxpayer just for the Obama family's lifestyle. (MSN seems to think that's an acceptable amount!)

I thought this guy was for the lower class? What about this national debt I hear Americans speak of?
That has more to do with the inflated cost of protecting him and his family. Obama gets 50% more death threats than Bush. The lion share of those threats are Domestic in origin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassi...t_Barack_Obama

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-27-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #554
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

There you go. Though I'm sure Middleton gets the occasional bat-**** crazy "I'm gonna stab that whore!" type thing.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #555
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
That has more to do with the inflated cost of protecting him and his family. Obama gets 50% more death threats than Bush. The lion share of those threats are Domestic.
Where did you get the 50% number?

Old 11-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #556
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I guess that makes sense, though I'm not sure how it adds up to 1.4 billion?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #557
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Only 53% of the citizens are paying that $6 dollars....

Old 11-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #558
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Obama hid report showing surge in Food Stamp use until after election

http://www.examiner.com/article/obam...after-election
Uhm, what? Everyone already knew this during the entire election cycle. It's been no secret that food stamp usage has grown here in the United States.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #559
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Agreed, that wasn't a secret, Gingrich made a deal out of it during the Republican primaries.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Old 11-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #560
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:

Well, to be fair, the transport, housing and protection of the President is paramount. Whether it's Bush, Obama, Clinton or any of them. They have to have a jet to travel to meet foreign dignitaries, it's not a cheap operation, and only $400,000 ever directly goes to him.

I've always thought politicians should be compensated, since you can't hold another job whilst in public office, but I've also always felt it needed to be more pay through services rather than cash.

I do wish, however, more Presidents were like Kennedy and simply donated their direct earnings to charity.
Quote:
That has more to do with the inflated cost of protecting him and his family. Obama gets 50% more death threats than Bush. The lion share of those threats are Domestic in origin.
You shouldn't be threatening any of our leaders' lives, that's just stupid.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #561
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

When he was first elected, one of my first thoughts went to the crazy KKKers that still exist. I wouldn't have been very surprised had he been assassinated in his first term. So the heightened security is pretty expected, IMO.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #562
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
There you go. Though I'm sure Middleton gets the occasional bat-**** crazy "I'm gonna stab that whore!" type thing.
I think that was the case for a while, but I'm told Prince Harry is a changed man now.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #563
Holiday
'Bout that action

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Uhm, what? Everyone already knew this during the entire election cycle. It's been no secret that food stamp usage has grown here in the United States.
You're right. Looks that site itself posted that data before the election.

Still though, we got too many people on food stamps in this country. It's embarrassing.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #564
Marx
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

It's always bad to see an increase of people on food stamps, but it was no secret.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #565
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

I just got back from a tour in south America so I haven't been able to post cuz of my busy schedule but I'm super stoked my boy Obama beat down Rmoney! Hooray for the winning team. My kool aid is delicious

Old 11-30-2012, 02:08 AM   #566
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Where did you get the 50% number?
My bad Kelly. I remembered it wrong. It was a 400% increase in threats not 50% increase.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...t-Service.html
Quote:
By Toby Harnden in Washington
8:34PM BST 03 Aug 2009

Since Mr Obama took office, the rate of threats against the president has increased 400 per cent from the 3,000 a year or so under President George W. Bush, according to Ronald Kessler, author of In the President's Secret Service.

Some threats to Mr Obama, whose Secret Service codename is Renegade, have been publicised, including an alleged plot by white supremacists in Tennessee late last year to rob a gun store, shoot 88 black people, decapitate another 14 and then assassinate the first black president in American history.

Most however, are kept under wraps because the Secret Service fears that revealing details of them would only increase the number of copycat attempts. Although most threats are not credible, each one has to be investigated meticulously.

According to the book, intelligence officials received information that people associated with the Somalia-based Islamist group al-Shabaab might try to disrupt Mr Obama's inauguration in January, when the Secret Service co-ordinated at least 40,000 agents and officers from some 94 police, military and security agencies.
More than a dozen counter-sniper teams were stationed along the inauguration parade route and the criminal records of employees and hotel guests in nearby buildings were scrutinised.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-30-2012 at 02:16 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #567
chaseter
Bland User

So I read today that Obama says that spending cuts are off the table. He actually wants to increase spending. The GOP finally says that taxing the rich is ok and then Obama pulls this ****? Obama then also says he wants revenues up to 1.6 trillion after campaigning for 2 years now about raising taxes on the rich which would net 800 billion and save the economy. I then see people like Howard Dean saying it would be great to go over the fiscal cliff because it would mean we would cut defense spending because the Republicans are never going to agree to it. YOUR PARTY HAD A RUBBER STAMP FOR 2 FRIGGIN YEARS.

I hate this country.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #568
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
My bad Kelly. I remembered it wrong. It was a 400% increase in threats not 50% increase.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...t-Service.html
Well, I hope that with this increase, none of those supposed threats are made during the time the Secret Service, are servicing other things... which some of them seem to like to do.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #569
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Well, I hope that with this increase, none of those supposed threats are made during the time the Secret Service, are servicing other things... which some of them seem to like to do.
Good one

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 12-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #570
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

I gotta say, this is quite possibly the best speech that the President has ever given. I teared up when he read the children's names. He spoke with compassion, leadership and even anger. He showed real emotion. He exemplified everything that America is feeling. It was a beautiful speech.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #571
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I gotta say, this is quite possibly the best speech that the President has ever given. I teared up when he read the children's names. He spoke with compassion, leadership and even anger. He showed real emotion. He exemplified everything that America is feeling. It was a beautiful speech.
*sigh*

I missed it. Perhaps CNN will play it again later tonight.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #572
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm guessing it is already online.

I hope that what he said is true. Obama ran on a platform of gun control in 08, but completely backed down on it during his presidency. All he's done for the past four years is pander to the NRA, EXPANDING gun rights rather than making any effort to renew the assault rifle ban. Let this be the moment that defines his presidency. Forget about the bailout, forget about Obamacare, forget about killing Bin Laden. His presidency should be defined by taking every step that he can to make sure that this never happens again.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #573
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Even Fox News is saying he gave a powerful angry speech, but they had to tack on that they probably won't agree with whatever policy he puts in play afterwards.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #574
DACrowe
Side-Kick

I hope something gets done. I believed his anger and anguish, but this country needs action. As he said, we cannot stop every senseless death or all gun violence, but if we can even save a fraction of the tens of thousands who die a year, it would be worth it.

--John Adams
Old 12-20-2012, 01:11 AM   #575
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Thought I'd add this.

Whatever you think of him, he seems to do very well with children. It is a nice photo.

--John Adams
Closed Thread