The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #901
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Default Re: The President Obama Thread

GOP legislators hear what they want to hear from the President.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:39 AM   #902
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
GOP legislators hear what they want to hear from the President.
I think Obama`s problem is he has to come out with extremely leftist proposals instead of more centrist ones, then the Republicans can "negotiate" him to the point he really wants to go and claim victory that they didn't cave into his leftist plan and "forced" him to agree to more reasonable terms

Here is the starting points for everything Obama should push for

Gun laws - Completely get rid of them and outlaw them
Immigration - Complete Amnesty for any undocumented worker
Tax Reform - raise taxes to 90%
etc etc etc

Old 03-06-2013, 01:41 AM   #903
TheBat812
Side-Kick

SV, it's so crazy it just might work!

Seriously, that's a good idea.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #904
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
I think Obama`s problem is he has to come out with extremely leftist proposals instead of more centrist ones, then the Republicans can "negotiate" him to the point he really wants to go and claim victory that they didn't cave into his leftist plan and "forced" him to agree to more reasonable terms

etc etc etc
That is actually a genius idea.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #905
floreairfoot
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
Oh, I know. I'm just anti-Walmart. Even though I shop there and at times have tried to get re-hired, I generally don't think well of them. There's just not a Target or Best Buy in town to shop at.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #906
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

etc etc etc
Obama's biggest problem is that he just has horrible negotiating and communication skills (as pointed in the article you posted where it mentions how comically bad communication lines are between the Obama Administration and Congress) and that he just antagonizes the GOP every chance he gets.

It's gotten to the point where you can't blame Obama for not wanting to work with the GOP, but you can't blame the GOP for not wanting to work with Obama either.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #907
floreairfoot
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
Obama's biggest problem is that he just has horrible negotiating and communication skills (as pointed in the article you posted where it mentions how comically bad communication lines are between the Obama Administration and Congress) and that he just antagonizes the GOP every chance he gets.

It's gotten to the point where you can't blame Obama for not wanting to work with the GOP, but you can't blame the GOP for not wanting to work with Obama either.
He's not looking to compromise, he's looking to make a point.

Republicans gave him an opportunity to responsibly manage sequestration cuts, at his own discretion, and he didn't take it. What explanation is there for that?

Old 03-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #908
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Like I said, along with horrible communication skills, he also has horrible negotiating skills. He just wastes a lot of political capital which he could have used to get what he wanted and yet he wastes it on trying to just make a point.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #909
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by floreairfoot View Post

there's really no where else to buy stuff in town that is cheap. I do use Food Lion at times. And no one has hired me since I quit Walmart back in spring 09. Just only got two paper routes. Basically, I'm long-term unemployed. There's no Target or Best Buy in town.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #910
SoulManX
The Inspector!

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...?cid=co6477534

Old 03-24-2013, 12:27 AM   #911
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

I'm not really a political person. Forgive my ignorance here,but how is Obama bad for this country? And what is he doing exactly to "ruin" it? I'm not being sarcastic,but over and over I've heard people complain that he's a horrible president and he needs to leave office. What's he doing?

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007

Never Forget 9/11/01
Old 03-24-2013, 12:33 AM   #912
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
I'm not really a political person. Forgive my ignorance here,but how is Obama bad for this country? And what is he doing exactly to "ruin" it? I'm not being sarcastic,but over and over I've heard people complain that he's a horrible president and he needs to leave office. What's he doing?
He's really not any worse than Bush. I'd say he's mediocre to bad. Bush was downright terrible. Most of the people who hate Obama don't really have a rational reason for hating him, it's just partisan politics (or very, very thinly veiled racism).

Legitimate criticism would be his inability to get things done (thanks mostly due to Republicans, but that's an excuse that only works some of the time), the breaking of campaign promises (closing Gitmo, reforming immigration, etc), his continuation of the war on drugs, the ethics of drone warfare, government transparency (or lack thereof), and his rather lackluster civil rights record.

Still an improvement over Bush in virtually every category. Not that that's saying much.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #913
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
He's really not any worse than Bush. I'd say he's mediocre to bad. Bush was downright terrible. Most of the people who hate Obama don't really have a rational reason for hating him, it's just partisan politics (or very, very thinly veiled racism).
I side more partisan politics then racism(although they do pander to that group). Let's face it this is the same party that tried to impeach a guy for getting a BJ in the whitehouse. But it's a case if he wasn't black they would find something to try bring him down

Old 03-24-2013, 12:40 AM   #914
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Oh I'm not saying it's all racism. Some of it is partisan politics, sure. But no one ever questioned Clinton's and Carter's nationality (or religion).

And that's without getting into some of the more colorful language (no pun intended) certain people on the right have used.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:48 AM   #915
SV Fan
Side-Kick

In terms of what I think is wrong with Obama is he is a terrible negotiator. Basically as a Democrat President his job is to put out a far/somewhat left bill and let the Republicans "talk him down" to a more moderate place, that way they can save face while voting for it. When Ego is involved you have to give a little. Instead he usually puts out what i would consider reasonable bills but gives very little wiggle room, that way the republicans have to be against it or they will come out looking bad and bending over to the President's wishes. I am guessing if he played the game a bit more, more stuff would get done but he doesn't seem to enjoy playing the game.

At times it seems like he does it on purpose just to go out of his way to make them look bad and himself reasonable.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:53 AM   #916
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

To be fair, the Republican party has gone so far to the right, I don't think that's doable anymore.

If that's his plan it is failing terribly. Most Americans can't name their senators (much less people actually supporting / opposing key pieces of legislation), but they know who the president is. So virtually all failed policy will be seen to be his fault by the general public.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #917
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post

Legitimate criticism would be his inability to get things done (thanks mostly due to Republicans, but that's an excuse that only works some of the time), the breaking of campaign promises (closing Gitmo, reforming immigration, etc), his continuation of the war on drugs, the ethics of drone warfare, government transparency (or lack thereof), and his rather lackluster civil rights record.

Still an improvement over Bush in virtually every category. Not that that's saying much.
Yeah. To be honest, Obama isn't terrible. He certainly isn't the man that our country needs in these turbulent times. His legacy will be better than he deserves on the grounds of being the first black president, but in reality, Obama has been a mid-tier, place holder president.

Last edited by Matt; 03-24-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #918
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Though if we had another conservative hard ass in the White House the rest of the world would have even more issue with us.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #919
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh, I know. I'm just anti-Walmart. Even though I shop there and at times have tried to get re-hired, I generally don't think well of them. There's just not a Target or Best Buy in town to shop at.
Walmart is a funny place. I got three supercenters within 8 miles of me. The one closest to me is just terrible. Bad customers, the store is in ruins, and the workers are overworked and understaffed (I actually knew a couple) and this one is located right by a major airport.

The next one is located in a very upscale neighborhood, and while a bit better run, it's still rundown and the workers are also understaffed and overworked. But they at least have stuff on the shelves and the food is at a sellable date.

Now the best Walmart is in once was a bad neighborhood. But when once they built this new walmart (claiming they used recycable materials and that the store is about as eco friendly as you can get) the neighborhood has picked itself up, and the store itself is wonderful. Great food, nice products, and the staff is fantastic. I love the staff and the entire enviroment in this one Walmart, and encouraged the few employees who worked at the airport location to transfer. One did, and he is amazed the difference between the two stores. He got a good raise, and now has a management position in the gardens section (the other walmart didn't even encourage growth at all)

So is it Walmart, or is it the individual management at a particular walmart that can make a difference???? Really, if you ever visit West Palm Beach, visit the Walmart on Belvedere and Military Trail (the crappy airport Walmart) and then go visit the Walmart on 45th Street and Military Trail, the difference is night and day.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #920
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:

etc etc etc
It's called reverse psychology, and all politicians should use this tactic to actually get somewhere, but unfortunately, they are just too egotystical and don't even comprehend that a little humilty on one's part can go a long way on everyone's part.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #921
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
there's really no where else to buy stuff in town that is cheap. I do use Food Lion at times. And no one has hired me since I quit Walmart back in spring 09. Just only got two paper routes. Basically, I'm long-term unemployed. There's no Target or Best Buy in town.
Then, perhaps you should move to a town that has one?????? I wanted to have a farm in Florida in the town I lived in, but it's become so industrialized that they are making it very difficult for small time farmers to make a living (most farms are now owned by the big citrus, cattle and sugar cane companies) So, after much contemplation, I bought a tract of land in northern GA, moved my best friend up there, and now I breed and raise goats, chickens, Quarterhorses, Morgans and Arabian show horses on the property. I still live in WPB with my mother because this is where my main job is, but take quartely visits to the farm to keep things in check. I'm planning on using the farm as my retirement home eventually.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #922
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
For me, it is the fact that his campaign was based on Hope, Change and Transparency.....

I will always have hope that this country will become what Reagan said it was, but was never really able to achieve it.... "City upon a hill...." etc. but I have hope that we will be that, as an example, not necessarily one that has to get into everyone's business.

Change -- Which he has done nothing to change the extreme divergence in Washington....if anything he has made it worse. He speaks about the extreme rhetoric that goes around in Washington, and then turns around and does the same exact thing....

Quote:
He [Obama] warned that the general election campaign could get ugly. “They’re going to try to scare people. They’re going to try to say that ‘that Obama is a scary guy,’ ” he said. A donor yelled out a deep accented “Don’t give in!”

“I won’t but that sounded pretty scary. You’re a tough guy,” Obama said.

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said. “Because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”
And then the whole...

Quote:
Philadelphia, they can't have the keys back. They don't know how to drive. (Applause.) They don't know how to drive. They can ride with us if they want, but they got to get in the back seat. (Applause.) Because we want to go forward. We don't want the special interests riding shotgun. We want working families, middle-class families, up front.
And yet, special interest groups are all over this presidency....

It is the sheer hypocrisy of the man.....and YES, I know that hypocrisy runs all over both sides, I understand that....but "Change" was one of the 3 platforms of his campaign, and he has hit...NONE OF THOSE promises...

This video REALLY shows a lot of this hypocrisy to me. I understand that Presidents can evolve, and when they get into office they get hit by reality and realize oh **** that promise won't be kept....but some of this is unbelievable....to me this is the biggest one that unfortunately I did not see until after I had voted for him.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
it is now about $52,000 per person....

President Obama is one of the BEST campaigners I have every seen in Politics.....he got me to vote for him in 2008, I learned my lesson over the next few years....

A great campaigner? Says what I want to hear? yes.....

Great President, leads the way I believe a President should lead? no....

As far as Obamacare, I am actually still holding out some kind of hope........unfortunately, daily I hear of another way we are going to be screwed by this legislation, and it has not even fully been implemented...so that hope is dwindling rapidly.

As far as transparency????

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I hope I answered your question....all of the above is simply my opinion, I know there are those that will explain away each detail, and that is fine, but for me he has totally, and completely destroyed what I thought I was getting in 2008.

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Last edited by Kelly; 03-24-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #923
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
For me, it is the fact that his campaign was based on Hope, Change and Transparency.....
While I think one can be upset about the Transparency, Hope and Change to me was one of the most baseless campaign platforms ever. Everybody wants Hope and Change, it would be like campaigning on the basis I like Stuff(but not being specific what stuff I like and will fight for). Personally I wasn't blinded by Hope and Change I just knew that Obama was better then the alternative(and until the Republicans can reform there beliefs on many issues I will back the Democrats(ie the less of 2 evils))

Old 03-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #924
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
While I think one can be upset about the Transparency, Hope and Change to me was one of the most baseless campaign platforms ever. Everybody wants Hope and Change, it would be like campaigning on the basis I like Stuff(but not being specific what stuff I like and will fight for). Personally I wasn't blinded by Hope and Change I just knew that Obama was better then the alternative(and until the Republicans can reform there beliefs on many issues I will back the Democrats(ie the less of 2 evils))
I'm sorry SV, but I believe you will back the Democratic party until hell freezes over, from what I've seen you post here, you would have voted for Obama even if the other guy had been JFK, with an R next to his name....I just haven't seen anything that tells me differently.

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Old 03-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #925
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
While I think that Obama doesn't deserve the hate that he gets from the most radical parts of the Republican Party, I would consider him to be a bad President for many reasons. He's a terrible negotiator, he's helped fuel the partisan rancor that plagues this country, he isn't serious in tackling the deficit/debt, no one should be happy with Obamacare (whether you are left or right winged), his drone policy is disgusting and has fueled hatred for this country, the bailouts were inexcusable IMO, etc.