Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #951
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Default Re: The President Obama Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
The problem with defense cuts is the first thing they seem to do is cut supplies and benefits for the troops. The marines have already said that current soldiers will have supplies but due to the sequester cuts anyone who joins after this will have to make do and they can't guarantee all equipment and armor will be available. That is unacceptable imo. Even more so when you factor in congress's ridiculous pay and benefits.

Defense cuts shouldn't endanger our troops which is what always seems to happen. Buddy of mine had to purchase his own armor because the military said it wasn't their problem! I'd like to see these congressmen go into battle with no armor. See how long they last before they **** their pants.
But there are specific things to cut. For example, the new tank orders, even though thousands of state-of-the-art tanks are sitting idly state-side.

They don't cut those, because that's the military industrial complex. Politicians don't care about the individual soldiers (no matter how much they pretend). They do care about the money big business gives them.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #952
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
But there are specific things to cut. For example, the new tank orders, even though thousands of state-of-the-art tanks are sitting idly state-side.

They don't cut those, because that's the military industrial complex. Politicians don't care about the individual soldiers (no matter how much they pretend). They do care about the money big business gives them.
I agree completely. Things do need to be cut, but they just keep cutting the wrong stuff, because like you say they care about the industrial complex more than the humans on the ground.

H.E.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #953
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
The problem with defense cuts is the first thing they seem to do is cut supplies and benefits for the troops. The marines have already said that current soldiers will have supplies but due to the sequester cuts anyone who joins after this will have to make do and they can't guarantee all equipment and armor will be available. That is unacceptable imo. Even more so when you factor in congress's ridiculous pay and benefits.

Defense cuts shouldn't endanger our troops which is what always seems to happen. Buddy of mine had to purchase his own armor because the military said it wasn't their problem! I'd like to see these congressmen go into battle with no armor. See how long they last before they **** their pants.
Two places Defense spending should cut in my opinion

1. The US doesn't need so many military bases around the world. Pick and choose some bases in countries that don't really need them(ie I understand why you might want a base in Japan and South Korea(ie to keep an eye on China and North Korea), but is it really necessary to have so many in Germany and the rest of Europe?)

2. Stop building tanks(or any other vehicle) for the sake of building tanks. The US has a big yard of tanks built 5-10 years ago that were never used and are deemed out of date so they just go on building more and sell the older tanks to other countries for pennies on the dollar.

Beyond that when it comes to military missions try get other countries to pay their fair share and don't think you are the policeman of the world and can do everything by yourself. One reason alot of other countries defense budget is so low is because the US is more then happy to spend money to do their dirty work as long as that country gives them free access to their country. General rule of thumb in business is when you do the dirty work for somebody they should pay you, not you do the dirty work and foot the bill for it.

Last edited by SV Fan; 03-25-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #954
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

The first thing they should do is...

1. Look at duplication and cut that....
2. Look at administrative jobs, who are actually needed, and who are not....cut in that area.
3. Look at sub-departments, which are needed, which are not....cut those.
4. Within each sub-department have them cut their spending by 10%. AND GIVE THEM A TIMELINE.

And the most important thing, that DOES NOT GET DONE IN ANY ADMINISTRATION.....hold the administrators of these departments accountable, if they cannot get the 10% cut in the time given, then they are cut and find someone that can do the job.

ALL OF THAT SHOULD BE DONE FIRST BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE IS LOOKED AT....then you know exactly how much you still need to cut.

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
… Maya Angelou ...

Old 03-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #955
Destructus86
Side-Kick

So...on the economy and government spending....wouldn't it be much better for the government to stop wasting money on the dying horse known as the Postal Service and let it be corporate run instead? Because let's face it...the government is doing a piss job of it right now.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #956
Thought Crime
Banned User

Government does a piss-poor job at everything. Their in everything. And they suck.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #957
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Obama sells us out, signs Monasto Protection Act. GMO's are now protected for at least 6 months.

http://www.ibtimes.com/monsanto-prot...ision-1156079#

To be fair. I am for GMO's. But they need to be LABELED. People need to know what they are putting in their bodies and make a decision on it.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #958
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
I am for GMO's. But they need to be LABELED
good luck on getting that passed

Other then a few people who are on the extreme ends of the party(read that not on big business payroll) the Democrats will just stick their head int he sand on this issue while the Republicans will claim putting labels will hurt jobs and be against are freedoms and liberties.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #959
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
good luck on getting that passed

Other then a few people who are on the extreme ends of the party(read that not on big business payroll) the Democrats will just stick their head int he sand on this issue while the Republicans will claim putting labels will hurt jobs and be against are freedoms and liberties.
I read that 250,000 signed a petition that Obama ignored. I read this stupid Protection Act was hidden in that spending bill to keep Govt from shutting down.

Rather see a Govt Shutdown....gonna happen sooner or later. Well, I believe we will suffer a monetary collapse. Sooner or later it's gonna happen. We say it won't. That is just praying and sticking our head in the sand.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #960
SV Fan
Side-Kick

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion..._esque_scandal

Quote:
Now we learn that the Justice Department has secretly obtained the phone records of Associated Press reporters and editors in what appears to be an investigation of an AP story that disclosed details of a CIA operation that stopped a terrorist attack.
Benghazi is a bunch of BS, there is enough reasonable doubt/distance from the IRS scandal but good luck with this

Hopefully the Republicans can recognize a real scandal when they see one

Old 05-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #961
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I have to disagree there. Benghazi is not BS.

Whether or not it's foul play or incompetence remains to be seen, but there is clearly something wrong there.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:21 AM   #962
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I have to disagree there. Benghazi is not BS.

Whether or not it's foul play or incompetence remains to be seen, but there is clearly something wrong there.
I think how some of the Republicans are handling it is BS, but the issue itself, is far from it...somebody ****ed up royally. I would like to know who it was, and I want them reprimanded in some way. I want those families to have answers...

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
… Maya Angelou ...

Old 05-14-2013, 12:27 AM   #963
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I think how some of the Republicans are handling it is BS, but the issue itself, is far from it...somebody ****ed up royally. I would like to know who it was, and I want them reprimanded in some way. I want those families to have answers...
Fair enough, I don't think Benghazi is the scandal the Republicans are trying to make it out to be. I am not saying it doesn't deserve to be investigated but the politicizing is a joke and not doing the investigation for actual facts any good.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #964
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Well, I don't know that it is a cover up or just plain stupidity before the election. I have a feeling it was the latter...but there are questions that need to be answered.

And by stupidity before the election, I mean the Dems politicizing it first...BUT, as I have said MANY TIMES on here two wrongs don't make a right, just makes the wrongs doubly wrong.

… Maya Angelou ...

Old 05-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #965
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, I don't know that it is a cover up or just plain stupidity before the election. I have a feeling it was the latter...but there are questions that need to be answered.
And questions that need to be answered aren't about fricken talking points. Does anybody think that talking points aren't generally revised anywhere from 5-20 times and don't have a political agenda by the person saying it before they are said to the public. What is the Scandal?

As I said many times before figure out what exactly happened(where was the break in the chain of command) and try to do something to try lessen the chance of the problem happening again

As I said if they want a real scandal to go after the President and his administration wire tapping reporters for 2 months is it. My guess is they will be so hell bent finding one little thing in Benghazi to try bring down Obama they will completely ignore the slam dunk that was just handed to them

Old 05-14-2013, 12:41 AM   #966
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
And questions that need to be answered aren't about fricken talking points. Does anybody think that talking points aren't generally revised anywhere from 5-20 times and don't have a political agenda by the person saying it before they are said to the public. What is the Scandal?

As I said many times before figure out what exactly happened(where was the break in the chain of command) and try to do something to try lessen the chance of the problem happening again

As I said if they want a real scandal to go after the President and his administration wire tapping reporters for 2 months is it. My guess is they will be so hell bent finding one little thing in Benghazi to try bring down Obama they will completely ignore the slam dunk that was just handed to them
I answered my own questions about the scandal. Simple political stupidity.

The Scandal? I don't know that it's a scandal, but I do believe that they changed Rice's talking points because this was so close to the election, and it would weaken once again, what Obama's killing of Osama had strengthened. Not really a scandal, just political stupidity.

… Maya Angelou ...

Old 05-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #967
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
The Scandal? I don't know that it's a scandal, but I do believe that they changed Rice's talking points because this was so close to the election, and it would weaken once again, what Obama's killing of Osama had strengthened. Not really a scandal, just political stupidity.
My rule of thumb for Benghazi is the second a person who is talking about it uses the word "Watergate" their credibility goes down to 0

Old 05-14-2013, 12:46 AM   #968
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
My rule of thumb for Benghazi is the second a person who is talking about it uses the word "Watergate" their credibility goes down to 0

All I know is, as a young child who loved her shows on television was totally pissed about Watergate, that is all I remember....and that was so traumatizing that I don't care to talk about it.....EVER.

… Maya Angelou ...

Old 05-14-2013, 01:17 AM   #969
The Dark Defender
Unite and Fight

Quote:
http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion..._esque_scandal

Benghazi is a bunch of BS, there is enough reasonable doubt/distance from the IRS scandal but good luck with this
Spoken like a true sheep.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:18 AM   #970
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Defender View Post
Not cool...at all. It is called an opinion, and you can give your opinion in reply without the personal stuff.

… Maya Angelou ...

Old 05-14-2013, 03:11 AM   #971
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Defender View Post
Let me guess you are one of those that feels the need to get to the bottom of who wrote a fricken talking point and feel it's the biggest scandal known to the history of the presidency yet somehow I am a sheep because I feel it's beyond ridiculous, but hey keep reading breidbart.com and watching Faux News

Old 05-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #972
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Both of you dial it back and skip the personal jabs.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:57 PM   #973
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims

Old 05-16-2013, 10:38 PM   #974
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

I would say the biggest problems for Obama on this is not the scandals themselves, but the absolutely horrid job his Administration is handling them and his attitude towards the press and Congress essentially biting him in the ass. And the biggest thing that I've been thinking about is, just why is this guy President, because it's just becoming more and more clear that he doesn't like the job.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:54 PM   #975
Victarion
Cut

One of Obama's responses to a Q about the politicians in the White House knowing about the IRS debacle, "I didn't know anything about it", will likely hurt pretty bad.

If you want marvel babbies to stop torchering Idris Elba, copy and paste this into your signature.
Closed Thread