The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #301
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

This is getting out of control. Can we go back to discuss other pointless, yet relevant somehow, on topic issues?

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #302
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
What contradiction? Do you not see the difference between a. using YOUR OWN interpretation of a plot point as evidence in an argument and b. agreeing with another posters point, which essentially is what QFT means? You guys are trying way too hard
Im not trying anything. I dont think i even have ever used that ridiculous expression.

You can write whatever you want. It was a funny contradiction. That's it. No reason to get so mad. Move on.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #303
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
Im not trying anything. I dont think i even have ever used that ridiculous expression.

You can write whatever you want. It was a funny contradiction. That's it. No reason to get so mad. Move on.
What's the contradiction though? Maybe I'm slow but I don't get it

Old 11-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #304
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Wow, now you're deflecting. You tried to prove a point, it got turned back on you, and now all of a sudden you're being 'stalked'.

Better luck next time
Lol, I would say the same to you when you actually think something gets turned around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
But...it didn't failed tragically. You were the one who made the contradiction. He pointed it. It was amusing.
Bingo.

I simply made a point.

It's nice that someone wants to say the same thing about me, but we've all had instances where we quoted others. You must be blind to NOT understand the point I was making.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #305
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Lol, I would say the same to you when you actually think something gets turned around

Bingo.

I simply made a point.

It's nice that someone wants to say the same thing about me, but we've all had instances where we quoted others. You must be blind to NOT understand the point I was making.
Then point out the contradiction, and make it clear for us stupid people

Old 11-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #306
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Truth is most often used to mean in accord with fact or reality (dictionary)

"Dude clearly said that what you quoted was all his opinion and didn't try to present it as fact . A couple of posters on here could learn a thing or two from him" (you)

Amusing. That's it. Period. A funny contradiction. Don't need to be that defensive.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #307
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Then point out the contradiction, and make it clear for us stupid people
You said it, not me.

Quote:
Why didn't you include the disclaimer he put before all this? Dude clearly said that what you quoted was all his opinion and didn't try to present it as fact. A couple of posters on here could learn a thing or two from him
A couple of posters on here only quote others as truth and make it seem like fact. I rarely do this, others rarely do this...but there are a couple of posters on here that do it simply all the time like what others say are fact.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #308
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Hey hey hey here's your culprit that started this crap by making a blatant personal dig at moi http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=279

All I did was show up him up as a hypocrite cos he used QFT several times in the past. Just cos I use it more doesn't make it bad. He was just trolling cos he hates how I criticize a flick he loves.
Does it matter who started this nonsense? It's just a pissing contest that you're helping continue.

Just stop replying to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
This is getting out of control. Can we go back to discuss other pointless, yet relevant somehow, on topic issues?
I second this.

- The Joker
Old 11-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #309
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Does it matter who started this nonsense? It's just a pissing contest that you're helping continue.

Just stop replying to it.
Fine. He's been exposed as a QFT user anyway. My work is done.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #310
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
You said it, not me.

A couple of posters on here only quote others as truth and make it seem like fact. I rarely do this, others rarely do this...but there are a couple of posters on here that do it simply all the time like what others say are fact.
My initial post adressed people who use their own interpretation of the movie as evidence in their arguments. As in EXTRAPOLATING beyond what is shown in the film.

QFT isn't necessarily saying what the person said is fact, it is saying that you agree with the person's post whether that be opinion or fact. You might be taking the term a bit....literally

There is no contradiction

Old 11-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #311
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

How about moving on to a new subject......

Old 11-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #312
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Edit: Not going to say any more after Lee's post.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #313
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Just gotta say, the worst form of posting is simply quoting long ass posts and saying "QFT." What a waste of a page, and what a meaningless addition to a conversation.

And back on topic, honestly each movie has its own small issues. Ie, the pacing in TDK after the hospital is distracting to me, as that feels like a climax and then we get a whole other sequence on the boats that to me just feels long as hell. Doesn't ruin the film at all, just a personal preference. I never felt this kind of thing in TDKR. Basically I'm saying there is pretty much no such thing as a perfect film, and this trilogy never was going to be perfect from a cinematic standpoint, but goddamn, it's still gotta be the best trilogy I've ever experienced and the perfect Batman/Bruce Wayne experience.

Last edited by TheBat812; 11-23-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #314
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
How about moving on to a new subject......
Some didn't understand the subtleness of my quoted post above....let me try it again....

STOP THE ARGUING.....MOVE ON TO A NEW SUBJECT!!

Old 11-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #315
Lord
All Mighty

What's up in this thread?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 11-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #316
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
What's up in this thread?
So much for all knowing

Old 11-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #317
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Just gotta say, the worst form of posting is simply quoting long ass posts and saying "QFT." What a waste of a page, and what a meaningless addition to a conversation.
...Not gonna say it....not gonna say it...

Annnyhow....nah, TDKR definitely isn't what's preventing this trilogy from being perfect.

The "okay that's NAHT good!" guy in TDK is.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 11-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #318
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Some didn't understand the subtleness of my quoted post above....let me try it again....

STOP THE ARGUING.....MOVE ON TO A NEW SUBJECT!!
I don't know what's up but i'll simply answer the thread title.
In my opinion Batman Begins was the weakest of the three, TDKR was a good ending but the best part was the middle film, this kind of reminds me of the original Star Wars trilogy that had Empire as the best.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 11-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #319
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I loved Rises but I still had my problems with it, for one I think the Dark Knight Rises should've ended the first year of Bruce Wayne's Batman careere not actually the end of his career as the Bat. Rises also ruins the ending of the Dark Knight for me but I still loved it as a quality film, I just think it could have been left open just having that last shot be Batman looking over Gotham City. Then the next trilogy could've been Year two still a reboot of sorts but the events of the Nolan trilogy still happened kind of like they do all the time with the comics, with different writers and styles etc. Just feel it was a missed oppurtnity but still as a trilogy it works but its not perfect.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 11-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #320
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I think I remember we had a discussion about this before as you wanted to see Batman continue on like Bond films. While it would be nice, I'm glad Nolan had a trilogy and we're getting a whole different reboot myself, but I see your point.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:26 AM   #321
DKDetective
Commander RNVR

I really have to agree with BH/HHH. My biggest problem with the approach they took with TDKR, and the trilogy as whole as a result, was also deciding to make the trilogy the entirety of Bruce's story. Having Bruce be Batman for a year ior so between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, then retire for a decade, and come back for single last adventure just isn't satisfying. TDK makes a lot less sense thematically as a result of where they took the story in TDKR. I guess you can put that down as a problem with Nolan's one film at a time approach. A lot of the problems with TDKR stem from TDK's ending.

I think TDKR would have been a lot more satisfying if they had approached the trilogy as a story of Bruce's early years as Batman (which I believe Goyer or Nolan said somewhere was their original intention). The third film should have been about Bruce taking the lesson of TDK too far, throwing himself into Batman, and driving himself towards death fighting both against crime and the trying to evade the police. Then have Selina and Robin as forces for good in Bruce's life, things that give him something to live for. The final film should have been about balance - finding satisfaction as both Batman and Bruce, realizing that the war on crime will never be won but that doesn't that he should stop living or stop fighting. They should have given us a story that drew more from Dark Victory.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:29 AM   #322
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I like that the Nolanverse is finite. The slate is clean for the next director to take it in any direction, without being shackled to what has come before (though they might be shackled to JL ). If the story had ended with Batman looking ahead to an illustrious future as Gotham's protector, there would be absolutely no good reason to reboot. There was just such a specific and personal style to these movies that it would have been a shame to see it slowly degrade over time and become less and less consistent with itself as they made sequel after sequel within the same continuity.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 11-24-2012, 03:52 AM   #323
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I loved Rises but I still had my problems with it, for one I think the Dark Knight Rises should've ended the first year of Bruce Wayne's Batman careere not actually the end of his career as the Bat. Rises also ruins the ending of the Dark Knight for me but I still loved it as a quality film, I just think it could have been left open just having that last shot be Batman looking over Gotham City. Then the next trilogy could've been Year two still a reboot of sorts but the events of the Nolan trilogy still happened kind of like they do all the time with the comics, with different writers and styles etc. Just feel it was a missed oppurtnity but still as a trilogy it works but its not perfect.
Agreed, i allways thought that with a new series they could consder Batman Begins and The Dark Knight as year one and move on from that, taking any liberties they want like changing Joker's looks again, with the news i began to expect less and less of TDKR, which is probably why i ended up loving it.

I don't agree with the notion that Nolan's series is realistic and so more fantastic villains in the sequels wouldn't work, i don't agree with that, when you have a world as big as Batman's you can do anything, in the comics his career also starts realistically but slowlly becomes stranger and stranger.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 11-24-2012, 04:09 AM   #324
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Exactly all you have to do is look at the Comics or even a long standing series like the Bond films they've changed the tone and style so many times and it works.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 11-24-2012, 04:41 AM   #325
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

I think I'm the only one who actually liked the 8 year gap as for me this was never a Bruce that seemed devoted to doing this for his whole life. His parents were his motivation still but it always seemed that if there was a way out he'd take it. Just look at TDK as soon as Harvey stood up he was ready to step down.

Unless I'm remembering it wrong when Bruce is asked how long he wants to do this for he says "As long as I have to" (I think that is in the film) so that clearly isn't a man who wants to do this forever. You also have Dent in TDK saying "The Batman doesn't want to do this for the rest of his life how could he? He is looking for someone to take up his mantle." then in TDKR he found that in Blake and then Bruce moved on.

The 8 year gap seemed logical to me yes it may seem like Bruce was barely Batman but he still made a mark on this Gotham. The actions of TDKR were exactly the same IMO and not out of characater. I've seen people say he takes an 8 year gap because of Rachel! He didn't. There was no need for him to be Batman. I've seen people say that Batman should still be fighting small crime. Nolan's Batman has never been shown doing that he has only attacked some sort of organised crime. And people have said Batman would never quit. Nolan's Bruce was never devoted to Batman it seemed more like a period of his life he wanted to get past.

Nolan isn't claiming to make thee definitive Batman. It was just another take on the character. I have issues with TDKR but Bruce was not one of them I thought his arc was perfect and entirely in line with the previous two films.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Closed Thread