The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #476
Ryan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

The Batcave was a huge let down for me. I was waiting to see what Nolan would come up with since the first movie alluded to it. I loved the Tumbler and of course the Batpod, so I had really high hopes. Hard to describe what I was looking for, but definately something more then a rising platform with a couple of computers on it. I also liked the cage for the suit in tdk and the armoire in Begins much better then the plexiglass case.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #477
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
Yeah -- the cave had a pretty complete overhaul.
If you call a rising platform and a new wardrobe for the bat suit a complete overhaul.

Quote:
And Alfred's line about being down there -- as in the "new batcave," seems like Bruce has operated from this revamped cave.
Bruce being down in the Batcave doesn't mean he was operating as Batman. For instance the scene you're quoting had him in the Batcave using the computer. Was he Batman in this scene? No.

- The Joker
Old 11-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #478
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

I have my little theory about all of this. Since Bruce ends in "The Dark Knight" badly injured, he had to take some time to heal. I think all of the improvements for the Batcave were already in motion since the ending of Begins. Bruce may have been watching closely the development of Dent's case, going forward to Gordon's speech about Dent. Things were put down in motion to develop the Dent Act and Harvey Dent day. By the time, Bruce healed, Batman wasn't needed, basically he was forced into giving up Batman. If he was gonna to appear, maybe he would have made it everything worse. So he focused on other things, namely the energy project. And the rest is story.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #479
SilentNinja87
New User - Level 0

I am late to the party but, here is my two cents, I am a fan of the entire Nolan Bat Trilogy but I am not one of those fanboys who think these movies are the be all end all of superhero movies ( people that think every super hero movie needs to dark, gritty and serious to be considered good). But the Dark Knight Rises is my least favorite Nolan bat film and I do think the movie kinda prevents the Nolan bat movies to be considered perfect.

The dark knight rises was the first Bat movie where I actually checked my watch a few times during my first viewing. I was expecting this to be epic, and action packed since it was the finale for Nolan's bat films and with both viewings I saw in theaters I was just underwhelmed ( though I like the movie a bit more the second time). Rises just had plot holes, and not enough action or batman and unintentionally funny moments. Tom Hardy was great as Bane and all but he still didn't hold a candle to Joker and the final fight between him and Bats is laughable really. But even with all that I liked the movie ( and will buy it next week) but its not as amazing as Dark Knight or Begins in my opinion and the movie I will re watch the least as time passes.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #480
JackWhite
Third Man

I loved the simplicity of the Bat cave in TDKR. Maybe it's because I didn't expect something radically different, or upgraded from BB; but it was extremely nice to see it return in TDKR.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #481
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNinja87 View Post
I am late to the party but, here is my two cents, I am a fan of the entire Nolan Bat Trilogy but I am not one of those fanboys who think these movies are the be all end all of superhero movies ( people that think every super hero movie needs to dark, gritty and serious to be considered good). But the Dark Knight Rises is my least favorite Nolan bat film and I do think the movie kinda prevents the Nolan bat movies to be considered perfect.

The dark knight rises was the first Bat movie where I actually checked my watch a few times during my first viewing. I was expecting this to be epic, and action packed since it was the finale for Nolan's bat films and with both viewings I saw in theaters I was just underwhelmed ( though I like the movie a bit more the second time). Rises just had plot holes, and not enough action or batman and unintentionally funny moments. Tom Hardy was great as Bane and all but he still didn't hold a candle to Joker and the final fight between him and Bats is laughable really. But even with all that I liked the movie ( and will buy it next week) but its not as amazing as Dark Knight or Begins in my opinion and the movie I will re watch the least as time passes.
Why buy it then, for completions sake? I'm actually a little leery that when I get the Blu-Ray I might end up skipping different scenes after the first act of the film, lol.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #482
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
Why buy it then, for completions sake? I'm actually a little leery that when I get the Blu-Ray I might end up skipping different scenes after the first act of the film, lol.
I am buying it mostly to have the complete the Nolan Bat trilogy and I am a Bat fan on general .

Old 11-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #483
Ryan
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's what I'll be doing

Old 11-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #484
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
I am buying it mostly to have the complete the Nolan Bat trilogy and I am a Bat fan on general .
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
That's what I'll be doing
On the top of your head what will you be skipping for sure? I know my main target is Blake's scenes, lol. Loved JGL in this, but I think him overpowering the second act, which should have been anchored more so by Bruce's recovery in the pit and Bane's reign over Gotham, is what I really have come to dislike. And what makes it worse is Bruce's stuff in the pit was phenomenal!

Old 11-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #485
Ryan
Side-Kick

First up will be to hit ff on blakes in your bones speech to Wayne at the mansion. I'll let it run until after the first bane vs batman fight, then just jump to the bane or cat woman scenes and end it with batmans thank you to Gordon. But ya, I'll be skipping jgl all the way

Old 11-26-2012, 10:17 PM   #486
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

TBH, when I got TDK on DVD four years ago I'd skip around to Joker's scenes all the time.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 11-26-2012, 10:17 PM   #487
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
First up will be to hit ff on blakes in your bones speech to Wayne at the mansion. I'll let it run until after the first bane vs batman fight, then just jump to the bane or cat woman scenes and end it with batmans thank you to Gordon. But ya, I'll be skipping jgl all the way
lol, I can't believe how much I loved that scene with Blake and Bruce in Wayne Manor. I think I'm one of the only people that was moved by it. When I first saw it I just felt it happened too early in the movie, but it really is one of my favorite scenes in the film, possibly top ten. I'm a sap, I know.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #488
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
TBH, when I got TDK on DVD four years ago I'd skip around to Joker's scenes all the time.
I know some people who have mentioned doing that, and I'm like What?!

But yeah, I really doubt I will skip scenes. I think I'm just overreacting because when I recently watched Inception I barely got through it.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #489
Ryan
Side-Kick

Quote:
lol, I can't believe how much I loved that scene with Blake and Bruce in Wayne Manor. I think I'm one of the only people that was moved by it. When I first saw it I just felt it happened too early in the movie, but it really is one of my favorite scenes in the film, possibly top ten. I'm a sap, I know.
Haha, not a problem. To each their own! Who am I to judge

Old 11-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #490
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Those orphan related scenes really drag, especially in the finale. I found them very distracting being taken out of Batman vs Bane fight and the mighty free for all on City Hall's steps to watch Blake ushering around a bunch of kids to safety.

- The Joker
Old 11-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #491
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Those orphan related scenes really drag, especially in the finale. I found them very distracting being taken out of Batman vs Bane fight and the mighty free for all on City Hall's steps to watch Blake ushering around a bunch of kids to safety.
Gah, I had hoped Chris gave Blake something like that to do during the finale instead of having him possibly fight alongside Batman and the cops at city hall, but it still didn't work as well as I had hoped.

Yeah, Blake was more harm than good I'm starting to think.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #492
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Gah, I had hoped Chris gave Blake something like that to do during the finale instead of having him possibly fight alongside Batman and the cops at city hall, but it still didn't work as well as I had hoped.

Yeah, Blake was more harm than good I'm starting to think.
Agreed, I even made a thread about this. Blake takes away valuable screentime from characters like Bane and Catwoman who could have used more development. And that's not even speaking of Tate/Talia

Old 11-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #493
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I thought the scene where Blake tells kids to knock on people's doors was kind of...there.

However, the scene where Quinn from Dexter blows the bridges and Blake is all like "YOU SONS A B**CHES!" was pretty intense and actually added a lot to the overall tension IMO. That's where I felt the voice of Gotham and sympathized with their plight.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #494
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
I thought the scene where Blake tells kids to knock on people's doors was kind of...there.

However, the scene where Quinn from Dexter blows the bridges and Blake is all like "YOU SONS A B**CHES!" was pretty intense and actually added a lot to the overall tension IMO. That's where I felt the voice of Gotham and sympathized with their plight.
Yeah, that guy was pretty intense during the bridge scene with Blake.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #495
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I dunno if there's any Dexter watchers here, but I found it so bizarre to see a guy who has a sizable role on that show in such a brief minor role here. Really made the movie feel even bigger to me, haha

Old 11-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #496
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
I dunno if there's any Dexter watchers here, but I found it so bizarre to see a guy who has a sizable role on that show in such a brief minor role here. Really made the movie feel even bigger to me, haha
There's a bald black actor who has a leading role in Stargate SG-1 with a cameo as one of Bane's men who pushes Blake down that concrete hill and is about to shoot him before Batman saves him.

- The Joker
Old 11-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #497
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
There's a bald black actor who has a leading role in Stargate SG-1 with a cameo as one of Bane's men who pushes Blake down that concrete hill and is about to shoot him before Batman saves him.
I think his name is Christopher Judge.

Dude reminded me of Trogg!

Old 11-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #498
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
I think his name is Christopher Judge.

Dude reminded me of Trogg!
That's him.

Trogg! I would have loved to have had Bird, Zombie, and Trogg as Bane's three chief lieutenants in this movie. For those who don't know who we mean, they were Bane's three men in Knightfall;

- The Joker
Old 11-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #499
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
That's him.

Trogg! I would have loved to have had Bird, Zombie, and Trogg as Bane's three chief lieutenants in this movie. For those who don't know who we mean, they were Bane's three men in Knightfall;

For me, Chris Judge was closest to Trogg and Barsard was either Zombie or Bird. In my head, of course.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:01 PM   #500
Robin91939
Master Tim

If they had revealed Blake to have been Dick Grayson, his being completely involved and invested in the fate of the orphans would have been a lot cooler.

It's such a shame that they didn't go this route:

BLAKE
Here.
(Hands the Clerk his driver's license)
Try my legal name.

CLERK
Oh, here it is.
(Hands Blake a black sportsbag)
Have a nice day, Mr. Grayson.

Blake smiles and walks off.

SO SIMPLE and better than calling him "Robin." I appreciate the nod to the character -- and appreciate that he was a mold of ALL of the Robins -- but I feel like this would have worked much better.

-R

Closed Thread