The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 11-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #1
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

Default Re: November 6th, 2012: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, And The Results!

Ok, now we get to hear why Romney lost. Already listening to it right now.

bell110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
Fading
>:(

Default Re: November 6th, 2012: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, And The Results!

I have a feeling this race is only heating up for ETM, lol. Go Johnson, Go!

Glad Romney finally gave a concession speech. He was pretty gracious about it. My guess is he was so assured of his victory, and yet the EC is a landslide against him, that it took awhile for him to compose himself. Either way, let's hope everyone takes his advice and works together starting tomorrow.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #3
Dr. Evil
Gamora

John Lewis re-elected to another Congressional Term

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #4
stillanerd
Side-Kick

I just find it fascinating that after 2 years and both Republicans and Democrats having spent a total of $6 billion dollars in this election, who controls the White House, the Congress, and the Senate has remained unchanged.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

stillanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #5
hitmanyr2k
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
One down (West), one to go!
Nice!! Where was it called that West lost? I was looking at CNN's website and saw it was really close.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #6
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k View Post
Nice!! Where was it called that West lost? I was looking at CNN's website and saw it was really close.
Spoke too soon, apparently he is just behind.

Let us pray!

Old 11-07-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

I hope the super PACs are clamped down on after this election. No matter which side of the aisle you stand on, it got way ridiculous on both sides.

Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:27 AM   #8
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
Well Prop 34 would have put him to work in the general prison population. Right now death row prisoners are in their own special cells and endless appeals cost the state MORE than if they have life sentences. Keeping those death row prisoners on death row costs us over $100 million a year than life imprisonment.
I still think we should have a deterrent, but if Prop 34 comes up again in next election, I'll consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
Well, what about people not like Ted Bundy?
I said in my original post that I don't think death penalty should be used excessively, so only very violent criminals like Ted Bundy should be on death row. However, if we don't have it, then they'll just live out their life regardless of how many people they have murdered. I do consider myself to be a left-of-middle Democrat and this is one issue that I know libs are usually against but I'm for it.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #9
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k View Post
Quote:
In Florida's 22nd district, Tea Party favorite Allen West lost reelection to Democratic challenger Patrick Murphy, during the concession speech of GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/2...-election.html

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 11-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #10
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
I just find it fascinating that after 2 years and both Republicans and Democrats having spent a total of $6 billion dollars in this election, who controls the White House, the Congress, and the Senate has remained unchanged.
Small gains for Democrats in both most likely, while the Republicans got gains in terms of the presidential election(Popular vote and won back 2 states)

SV Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:29 AM   #11
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I do consider myself to be a left-of-middle Democrat and this is one issue that I know libs are usually against but I'm for it.
Same here.

Capital punishment and illegal immigration are my two "conservative" issues.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:29 AM   #12
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

Man, Karl Rove is straining himself to admit Obama won.

bell110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #13
Fading

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
That is a sickening amount that could be better used elsewhere. However, atleast it gets pumped back into the economy (TV, and radio stations, and newspapers mainly). So atleast there's that. Other than that though, you're right. Lots of noise for only a few seats shifting around.

Thought it might be worth it if Michelle Bacchman loses her seat, heh.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #14
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default November 6th, 2012: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, And The Results! II

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #15
Marx
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default November 6th, 2012: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, And The Results!

We had a thread like this in 2008 and it was pretty popular. We are now one week out from election day. Early voting is taking place across the country. Has anyone taken part in early voting? Are any of you volunteering for a political campaign? Are you waiting to cast your vote on election day? Is anyone planning on attending or hosting an election night "watch party"?

This thread is for all things general election and election day! (Including crowd reports and the results!)

Discuss. :yay:

Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #16
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Gotta love Wil Wheaton

Quote:
Don't feel too bad, Richard Mourdock. It's all part of God's plan for you to SHUT THE **** UP FOREVER YOU MISOGYNIST PIECE OF ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:36 AM   #17
Fading

Default Re: November 6th, 2012: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, And The Results! - P

Wow, the old thread maxed out quick. Just waiting for Obama to stop being lazy and give his speech, and I can finally switch off of the news, lol.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:36 AM   #18
samsnee
Side-Kick

Default Re: November 6th, 2012: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, And The Results! - P

Obama needs to come out, say "Sharia Law starts Jan 20 beeyotches!" and then just walk away.

samsnee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:36 AM   #19
Dr. Evil
Gamora

I'll miss Dick Lugar in the Senate, only because I love his name.

Hollywood is happy today. Their guy won.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #20
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

I'm surprised to hear word of actual increases in the voting rates among younger demographics. The apathy towards the process and the ambivalence towards the candidates that I've observed would not point to it. Good to hear regardless.

redhawk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #21
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
Obama needs to come out, say "Sharia Law starts Jan 20 beeyotches!" and then just walk away.
Sadly some people are expecting sharia law.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:39 AM   #22
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Sharia Law isn't going to happen in the United States.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #23
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Sadly some people are expecting sharia law.
Ironically the people who fear America having Sharia Law probably would love most aspects of it governing us. lol

SV Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #24
Arc-Light
Forward and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Gotta love Wil Wheaton
I love the fact my vote got him out.... the only good thing Indiana did this year...

Old 11-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #25
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Just look at the reader comments on the FOX News site. You are right, Marvelo.