The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 11-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #26
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Default Re: November 6th, 2012: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, And The Results! - P

Jake Tapper‏@jaketapper

Obama won Hispanics 71-27, even better than 2008, which was 67-31.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:51 AM   #27
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Default Re: November 6th, 2012: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, And The Results! - P

I'm soo distracted by the black woman standing behind Obama with the flag sticking out of her hair. lol

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #28
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
I'm soo distracted by the black woman standing behind Obama with the flag sticking out of her hair. lol
Me too.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #29
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk

I am having such fun with angry Republicans on Facebook. One woman labelled me a "trader" and then posted something so absurd that I don't really know what in the Hell it meant. If I had to guess it'd be something about Muslims and losing freedom and the end of America.

Matt Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #30
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

"where you love"....?

redhawk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #31
SV Fan
Side-Kick

woohooooo

while he was down about 1000 votes a few minutes ago new count has come in and Graves is beating Bachmann by 187 votes(78% in)

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/results/state/MN/house

What a sweet night if both Alan West and Michelle Bachmann lose, on the negative side both probably will get jobs at FOX

ETA: no sooner do I mention that then she is up again D'Oh

Last edited by SV Fan; 11-07-2012 at 01:11 AM.
SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #32
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

To say Barack f'ing killed his speech would be an understatement. Best I have seen from him since he first Iowa in January 2008. Just made me want to get up and say YES!

*fist pump*

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:12 AM   #33
the last son
Side-Kick

What a disgrace that crap that was pulled in Florida

the last son is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:17 AM   #34
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Someone needs to call out Dick Morris on his idiocy.

PREDICTION! Dick Morris TV: Lunch ALERT!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Republicans need to apologize to Nate Silver.

Explaining the Polls: Nate Silver Explains His Projections - Elections 2012
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
Ironically the people who fear America having Sharia Law probably would love most aspects of it governing us. lol
They just want Biblical Christian laws based on the 10 Commandments.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-07-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:26 AM   #35
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Not even on the 10 Commandments, Leviticus is more their speed.

redhawk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:34 AM   #36
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Very good. The only real surprises is it looks like Virginia and Florida are going for Obama. the rest fell into place and he had a great victory. If both of those states stay blue, Nate Silver should send Dick Morris, Joe Scarborough and Karl Rove some tissues to wipe away the tears.

I am happy for the country tonight. I would like to think it means the GOP will realize that their anti-minority, anti-progress, anti-Obama frenzy is self-destructive and a return to adult governess and reasonableness is needed....but I know that will not be the case, at least as long as Obama is president. Oh well. At least it will mean the left has an advantage in presidential elections for the foreseeable future.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:34 AM   #37
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
Not even on the 10 Commandments, Leviticus is more their speed.
We like our ****ing lobster, though.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:36 AM   #38
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
Very good. The only real surprises is it looks like Virginia and Florida are going for Obama.
Colorado surprised me to be honest. I didn't expect Obama to win by as much 4%, but I guess he did on the power of marijuana. lol

Old 11-07-2012, 01:37 AM   #39
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Very good. The only real surprises is it looks like Virginia and Florida are going for Obama. the rest fell into place and he had a great victory. If both of those states stay blue, Nate Silver should send Dick Morris, Joe Scarborough and Karl Rove some tissues to wipe away the tears.

I am happy for the country tonight. I would like to think it means the GOP will realize that their anti-minority, anti-progress, anti-Obama frenzy is self-destructive and a return to adult governess and reasonableness is needed....but I know that will not be the case, at least as long as Obama is president. Oh well. At least it will mean the left has an advantage in presidential elections for the foreseeable future.
I dunno, it's still conceivable that the GOP will look at the fairly close popular vote and think that maybe they could pull off a win if they get even more extreme?

It wasn't a total blowout, although Obama winning the EC soundly is an interesting observation. I'm not entirely sure what that means in terms of general support. I would actually think the EC would favor smaller, more rural (ie, more red) states?

Old 11-07-2012, 01:37 AM   #40
Fading
>:(

Nate Silver definitely is lucky, and going to have some ppl eating humble pie. Obama just grabbed Virginia, and will probably win Florida as well. By the time this is all finished he will have over 330, and be atleast 1 million ahead in the popular vote.

Now that it's all over, time to go to sleep or something, lol. Also, it was a good speech by Obama. Now I just hope he puts that into practice, because some big things are coming up that need a solid decision on. <-- Describes what I'll be doing if our country takes another credit hit because we refuse to compromise over taxation of the rich.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #41
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Ugh, from the moment Obama won people on my facebook have been posting messages and video calling Obama the anti-christ, and decrying him as Hitler and such. I'm a Christian (well I have a few differing beliefs but I'm primarily Christian), but am I missing something here? When did suddenly Obama become the Anti-Christ and when could said Anti-Christ become so easily seen?

Back on topic, Fox news still interesting to watch or did they finally let it go that Obama won?

Old 11-07-2012, 01:44 AM   #42
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Well, this isn't the first time Dick Morris was proven drastically wrong about one of his political predictions. After all, he wrote an entire book in 2005 about who the Presidential Candidates would be in the 2008 Presidential election:

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

stillanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:47 AM   #43
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

That speech Obama gave was terrific. Even better is the knowledge that Karl Rove is in a darken room somewhere, trying in vain to find a loophole in the EC that would give Romney the victory.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:55 AM   #44
El Hombre Gato
Banned User

Quote:
The only real surprises is it looks like Virginia and Florida are going for Obama.
Florida voted for Obama in 2008 and he got an increase in the Latino vote. So, it's not too shocking. Also, 8 million people voted in Florida. The biggest next to California. People give the State a lot of crap but they sure showed up and made themselves heard.

El Hombre Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:56 AM   #45
Fading

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
Ugh, from the moment Obama won people on my facebook have been posting messages and video calling Obama the anti-christ, and decrying him as Hitler and such. I'm a Christian (well I have a few differing beliefs but I'm primarily Christian), but am I missing something here? When did suddenly Obama become the Anti-Christ and when could said Anti-Christ become so easily seen?

Back on topic, Fox news still interesting to watch or did they finally let it go that Obama won?
I think he became the anti-christ somewere after they tried to prove he wasn't a US citizen, but before they the Muslim talk. No, maybe after both of those, but before he was a manchurian candidate. Wait, wait, before the manchurian candidate, but after they said he wanted to implement sharia law.

Gosh darn it, I failed my racist, let's do everything in our power to devalue the life of a fellow American, history. It's such a hard subject, I can't follow most of the material.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:00 AM   #46
Reek
Pork Sausage

seriously... florida still?

the ****? it closed 6 hours ago.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:01 AM   #47
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadingCB View Post
I think he became the anti-christ somewere after they tried to prove he wasn't a US citizen, but before they the Muslim talk. No, maybe after both of those, but before he was a manchurian candidate. Wait, wait, before the manchurian candidate, but after they said he wanted to implement sharia law.

Gosh darn it, I failed my racist, let's do everything in our power to devalue the life of a fellow American, history. It's such a hard subject, I can't follow most of the material.
You forgot he is a secular atheist who is a Muslim at the same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
seriously... florida still?

the ****? it closed 6 hours ago.
I think they put off counting till tomorrow since Obama already won and Florida doesn't make a difference

Old 11-07-2012, 02:01 AM   #48
Boom
I got nothin'

Didn't Puerto Rico vote today on whether or not they want to become a state?

Old 11-07-2012, 02:06 AM   #49
Reek
Pork Sausage

Quote:
I think they put off counting till tomorrow since Obama already won and Florida doesn't make a difference
So Florida is a bunch of idiots that cant count? jesus... why is every state but florida in when half of them are hours behind.

Last edited by Reek; 11-07-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:07 AM   #50
Fading

Quote:
You forgot he is a secular atheist who is a Muslim at the same time
*Sigh*...can I sit by you in class tomorrow. I need to cheat off your answers.