The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Do you think the Republican Party needs to evolve and become more inclusive?
Yes 48 84.21%
No 6 10.53%
I'm not sure 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #751
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Biden

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Old 01-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #752
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Biden
Hmmmmmm....I would have thought that until last night.

There really was no reason for him to do an interview with Hillary....still not sure why he did it, but it looks very much like a "here is our next President...."

Old 01-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #753
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Biden running wouldn't be a blowout though. As much of a democrat as he is, he's got very republican tendencies about him.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:39 PM   #754
Marvolo
Side-Kick

I don't think I would vote for Biden for President. He doesn't interest me.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-28-2013, 11:22 PM   #755
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Biden is too much like the bumbling drunk uncle.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Old 01-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #756
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Biden is too much like the bumbling drunk uncle.
That's the impression I've always got. If the Democrats had something like a Bush without all the bushisms and stupiditis I would imagine Biden would be it.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-29-2013, 12:29 AM   #757
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I see him more like LBJ. Crass, but he gets the job done.

In a lot of ways he's the opposite of Obama.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:05 AM   #758
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I see him more like LBJ. Crass, but he gets the job done.

In a lot of ways he's the opposite of Obama.
Agreed. In a perfect world, the ticket would have been flipped.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:10 AM   #759
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Hmmmmmm....I would have thought that until last night.

There really was no reason for him to do an interview with Hillary....still not sure why he did it, but it looks very much like a "here is our next President...."
A lot of people are taking Hillary's ascent to the White House for granted but I just cannot shake the feeling that Hillary is going to wind up being the Democratic version of John McCain if she decides to run....A politician, past her prime, who was beaten by a less deserving candidate in a primary eight years prior. By the time she runs, she will just be so desperate to win (and fulfill her life long dream) that she will say or do anything, no matter how much it contradicts past stances. This will ultimately be to her detriment and cause her to get beaten by a younger, more charismatic up and comer (such as Christie, Rubio or Ryan).

Old 01-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #760
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
I have a very hard time believing the GOP would work will Hillary either. As far as Paul Ryan goes, I think his chances at successfully running for president are zero.
Hillary would have had lots more success with the GOP if she were in charge. Her tenure in the Senate has allowed her to forge genuine friendships with Republicans, Obama on the other hand has no such interest. Hillary is a far more effective negotiator than Obama, she knows how to fight her opponents (unlike Obama who resorts to talking down to his opponent), and when the GOP fought the Clinton's, they lost badly. They would have acted like an opposition, no doubt, but Hillary would have been much more successful.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #761
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

She will never be president...thank god.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #762
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
A lot of people are taking Hillary's ascent to the White House for granted but I just cannot shake the feeling that Hillary is going to wind up being the Democratic version of John McCain if she decides to run....A politician, past her prime, who was beaten by a less deserving candidate in a primary eight years prior. By the time she runs, she will just be so desperate to win (and fulfill her life long dream) that she will say or do anything, no matter how much it contradicts past stances. This will ultimately be to her detriment and cause her to get beaten by a younger, more charismatic up and comer (such as Christie, Rubio or Ryan).
I definitely see where you are coming from, it really all depends on this next say year and a half. She has to stay healthy, she has to write a book that comes off very straight forward and truthful...(which she can do). Keep her name in the media, for positive things...(which she can do). This has to be continuous...she can't drop off the face of the earth for a year...if she does that, she is gone.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #763
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Christie will have eaten his ass to death by 2016.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #764
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

As far as a Christie, Rubio, Ryan run....I do not see Ryan doing very well.....it is sad, because he really is an extremely smart guy, people may disagree with his policy, but the guy knows the economy...far better than most on the Hill, but after the last election, he is nothing more than a Quayle....

Christie has got to lose some weight...
Rubio, if he does well with this Immigration bill could very well be the choice...

BUT, whomever comes in for the GOP, THEY CANNOT HAVE ANYONE FROM THE OLD GUARD AS A PART OF THEIR ADVISORS...if they do, they are dead before they start.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #765
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I definitely see where you are coming from, it really all depends on this next say year and a half. She has to stay healthy, she has to write a book that comes off very straight forward and truthful...(which she can do). Keep her name in the media, for positive things...(which she can do). This has to be continuous...she can't drop off the face of the earth for a year...if she does that, she is gone.
I think public mood will also play a huge role. If Democrats lose the Senate in 2014 (people can scoff at this all they'd like but remember, the Democratic Party was "out of touch and dead," after Kerry lost....2 years later they took Congress), Hillary stands no chance.

McCain could've been the exact man he was in 2000 and still would've gotten slaughtered by Obama because the public simply was not having another Republican president. Hell, McCain would've lost to Dennis Kucinich based on party alone. If things do not improve SUBSTANTIALLY by 2016, it doesn't matter who the Democrat or Republican is. America will simply want a change of party.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #766
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I think public mood will also play a huge role. If Democrats lose the Senate in 2014 (people can scoff at this all they'd like but remember, the Democratic Party was "out of touch and dead," after Kerry lost....2 years later they took Congress), Hillary stands no chance.
The 2014 mid terms are going to be very telling....I've heard a lot of people, many on here say that our country is becoming far different than it has been, and is evolving. IMO, the mid-term elections will tell us if this is true...

McCain could've been the exact man he was in 2000 and still would've gotten slaughtered by Obama because the public simply was not having another Republican president. Hell, McCain would've lost to Dennis Kucinich based on party alone. If things do not improve SUBSTANTIALLY by 2016, it doesn't matter who the Democrat or Republican is. America will simply want a change of party.[/QUOTE]

As McCain said, he was fighting against "History"....as in "The first black President..." IMO, and I will get slammed for this, but I'm going to put it out there.....if Obama had said all he said, done all he did, but said it from a white man's point of view, as a white man....the outcome could have been very different.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #767
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
The 2014 mid terms are going to be very telling....I've heard a lot of people, many on here say that our country is becoming far different than it has been, and is evolving. IMO, the mid-term elections will tell us if this is true...
I think even more telling than the 2014 general election, is going to be the 2014 primary election. Are we going to see Tea Partiers try to highjack the GOP again? I think what Democrats should be very afraid of is if the Libertarian sect of the Republican Party comes out swinging, with a message of fiscal responsibility and a fairly socially liberal platform (or even one such as, 'let the states decide social policy,'). I think if this were to happen, you'd see a lot of the hardcore conservatives fall in the primary and that could result in Republicans taking the Senate and increasing their control of the House with this message (and set the Democrats up to have their asses kicked in 2016 by a Libertarian-leaning Republican.

I think the Tea Party movement was the Neo-Conservatives' last stand. We are now going to see a shift in Republican ideology, which could be very dangerous for Democrats. This will all show in the 2014 Republican Primary.

And I am sure someone will chime in soon and say how unlikely this is....but the Blue Dog movement was very similar to everything I've just predicted and it is what allowed the Democrats to take control in 2006 and tighten their control in 2008 (at least from a Congressional perspective). The whole Blue Dog movement started with the 2006 Democratic primary. History repeats itself.

Quote:
As McCain said, he was fighting against "History"....as in "The first black President..." IMO, and I will get slammed for this, but I'm going to put it out there.....if Obama had said all he said, done all he did, but said it from a white man's point of view, as a white man....the outcome could have been very different.
I agree to an extent....but I think no matter what McCain would've lost based on the R beside his name. Obama would've lost the primary in a landslide if he were a white man.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #768
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick

Quote:
Um, I think what they are saying is they could have worked with her policy? Probably much the way the Republicans did with her husband. It is amazing how people automatically "take it personally, for this President" when people disagree with him, rather than actually looking at his policy and thinking...that actually may be it. Now, what Mitch said about making him a 1 term President....oh yeah, extremely stupid. But, I don't know that I would equate what he said with what EVERYONE IN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY thinks....

And um, not working together, a 2 way street. Obama doesn't return calls either.....
Yeah, but I think that was a much different time. The country didn't seem so divided on party lines back then. I think the only thing that might've helped is that the Tea Party might not have sprout up during a Hillary presidency or at least it wouldn't have been as vocal.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #769
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingfantasy15 View Post
Yeah, but I think that was a much different time. The country didn't seem so divided on party lines back then. I think the only thing that might've helped is that the Tea Party might not have sprout up during a Hillary presidency or at least it wouldn't have been as vocal.
The Tea Party would have still sprouted up if Hillary were President. The Tea Party's formations pretty much started right at the end of the Bush Presidency in response to his bailouts and excessive spending.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #770
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I would say that even if things improve by 2014, the Democrats will still be hardpressed to keep the Senate. It looks like Scott Brown is going to get his job back this year, and his seat in 2014 is going to be easier to keep than it was in 2012. Iowa, Montana, Arkansas, and West Virginia are looking like good pick up opportunities for the Republicans provided they get the right candidate. And I think it's safe to assume that Louisiana, South Dakota, North Carolina, and Alaska will flip regardless.

So I really wouldn't look into the 2014 midterms too much. A lot of the seats that will flip are states that really shouldn't have had Democratic Senators to begin with.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #771
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingfantasy15 View Post
Uh, do ya not remember "impeachment"????????

Old 01-31-2013, 09:09 PM   #772
Marx
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
Hillary would have had lots more success with the GOP if she were in charge. Her tenure in the Senate has allowed her to forge genuine friendships with Republicans, Obama on the other hand has no such interest. Hillary is a far more effective negotiator than Obama, she knows how to fight her opponents (unlike Obama who resorts to talking down to his opponent), and when the GOP fought the Clinton's, they lost badly. They would have acted like an opposition, no doubt, but Hillary would have been much more successful.
I do think Hillary would fair better. I'm just not saying how much better given the sentiments of the current GOP.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:56 AM   #773
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
The Tea Party would have still sprouted up if Hillary were President. The Tea Party's formations pretty much started right at the end of the Bush Presidency in response to his bailouts and excessive spending.
Then it quickly got hijacked by Glen Beck, birthers and people who in all reality are social conservatives who think the tea party thing was cool but in all reality could care less about fiscal conservatism

Old 02-01-2013, 01:40 AM   #774
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I don't know. Granted, right-wingers always get up in arms when there's a Democrat in the White House, but their hatred for Obama, is unusually strong, given what a centrist he is. Just compare him to Clinton.

There's something about Obama that's different, that they really can't stand.

And I don't think it's the fact that he's left handed.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:09 AM   #775
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I don't know. Granted, right-wingers always get up in arms when there's a Democrat in the White House, but their hatred for Obama, is unusually strong, given what a centrist he is. Just compare him to Clinton.

There's something about Obama that's different, that they really can't stand.

And I don't think it's the fact that he's left handed.
And you think having a woman in the White House would have been an improvement for them?