The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Do you think the Republican Party needs to evolve and become more inclusive?
Yes 48 84.21%
No 6 10.53%
I'm not sure 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #826
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Let's hope the Democrats don't run a Latino then, for her sake. Guess being the first female president isn't historic enough.
Nope, she's still a woman to people like Harry Reid, but Obama was such a "well spoken black man"....... http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...ack-obama.html

And in the Caucuses, the young vote that just needed to get up for classes the next day, not a job...were very much in Obama's corner....that is what got him through the first round, and then there was just McCain...well. : )

Last edited by Kelly; 02-13-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #827
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Yeah, lets forget about the deficit, let's forget about the unemployment rate, let's forget about all of those things....because, damn it Rubio took a sip of water. HOW DARE HE, WHAT A FRAUD.......he does drink water....*sighs*

Are you ****ing kidding me?

CNN Not Sure If Marco Rubio's Drink Of Water Will Doom His Career, But Will Totally Get To The Bottom Of It

Last edited by Kelly; 02-13-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #828
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Yeah, lets forget about the deficit, let's forget about the unemployment rate, let's forget about all of those things....because, damn it Rubio took a sip of water. HOW DARE HE, WHAT A FRAUD.......he does drink water....*sighs*

CNN Not Sure If Marco Rubio's Drink Of Water Will Doom His Career, But Will Totally Get To The Bottom Of It
I'm not even sure why this is an issue. He had just done his Spanish-version response and then had to go right back to doing the English. Not sure how long his response was, time-wise, but talking for that long makes many people's mouths dry. It probably would have been better to take some water between responses, but it's not often that taking a drink of water has meant so much to so many people.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #829
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Well, I hope he is ready because there will be stories out there that he is illegal, that he takes money from BAAAAAAAD people, that he hates Hispanics, etc....etc......etc.....it has just begun. The media bombardment of Rubio has just begun....lol sit back and watch, cause here it comes.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #830
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Kinda funny how the media is spending so much more of their time on what went into his mouth over what came out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #831
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Dude took a drink of water... Now, if it was a glass of scotch, that might be something to talk about. That would be badass.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #832
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dude took a drink of water... Now, if it was a glass of scotch, that might be something to talk about. That would be badass.
Who says it was water? Maybe it was vodka or tequila silver.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #833
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Kinda funny how the media is spending so much more of their time on what went into his mouth over what came out of it.
Watching Bob Schieffer talk on CBS makes me wonder why he's even working still. After Rubio's response, he said the setting of the response paled in comparison to Obama's SOTU and weren't comparable at all. That was the basis for his entire analysis, which seems like mailing it in and sort of being an a** kisser for Obama.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #834
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Watching Bob Schieffer talk on CBS makes me wonder why he's even working still. After Rubio's response, he said the setting of the response paled in comparison to Obama's SOTU and weren't comparable at all. That was the basis for his entire analysis, which seems like mailing it in and sort of being an a** kisser for Obama.
Everyone in the media is pretty mush mailing it in at this point.

I laughed when Swedish viewers said that Jon Stewart was the best source of news in the country.

Now I'm convinced they're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #835
Handsome Rob
Prepare for Razzle-Dazzle

Quote:

It just shows why cable news (and network news, too) as a whole is practically worthless. When I ditched basic cable several years ago, I never looked back. I watch NBC national news, which is little more than an Obama cheer squad, but only every now and then.

Want to join the Revolution? Support the FairTax.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #836
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Well watch them now HR, and watch what they do to Rubio over the next couple of years.....you will be amazed.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #837
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Rubs will get the Obama treatment from the opposition...nothing will be too far. Too bd he is half as likeable and charismatic as O, no way he overcomes it.

And what came out of his mouth was hardly impressive. Chris Christie would have killed it, though.

R.I.P. Heath
Old 02-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #838
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
And what came out of his mouth was hardly impressive.
As I said on the previous page it seemed like Rubio dumpster dived into Romney's Oct 2012 campaign stump speeches to find his material. This was his chance to show himself a guy of new and innovative ideas and he failed. He is lucky he had the water moment, it keeps people away from actually seeing how incredibly bad the speech he gave was.

The speech was funny, he starts off complaining how all Obama does is put down the Republicans demagoguing them, then the rest of his speech Rubio is doing to Obama what he took issue with when Obama does to them. If you want to take the high road basically on demagoguing your opponent that's not a bad strategy put part of that strategy has to be not doing it yourself.

In all honesty both parties should just agree to drop the post State of the Union speech by the other party, in general it doesn't do that party much favors.

Last edited by SV Fan; 02-14-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #839
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

I thought he gave a very good tit for tat of the President's speech....neither speech was earth shattering new, new policy etc....the President's speech wasn't, nor was the Republican's retort. But, I will say that Rubio came off as much more sincere about what he was saying than the President did...but neither was an earth shattering, OMG what a wonderful speech.

AAAAND, I saw both speeches on the internet, AFTER A GOOD AMOUNT OF discussion about the speeches, so that could have clouded the judgment some....

Old 02-15-2013, 12:36 AM   #840
fanboiii
disciple of truth

The water was the most substantive part of Rubio's speech. Everything he said was talking points. None of it was specific policy suggestions unlike Obama's State of the Union.

I really don't care about relating or empathizing or being moved by politicians. All I care about is what they plan to do and what they actually do. Rubio is sadly being molded into an establishment party puppet, but he's not ready for center stage yet. I agree with some of the commentators who preferred to have Chris Christie speak, but he probably would have turned it down since the speeches after the State of the Union tend to be pointless and the guy has more sense than most in his party.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #841
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Quote:
Rubio came off as much more sincere about what he was saying than the President did
Probably due to the fact that one is sitting in alone in a room, a very intimate setting, while one is speaking before several hundred people who are clapping non stop.

Though Rubio came off very disingenuous imo. They need to find a way to put Chris Christie's brain in Paul Ryan's body. He is the only mainstream Republican who non Republicans will find reasonable or agreeable.

R.I.P. Heath
Old 02-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #842
SV Fan
Side-Kick

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brenda...b_2663125.html

Quote:
Study Confirms Tea Party Was Created by Big Tobacco and Billionaire Koch Brothers

A new academic study confirms that front groups with longstanding ties to the tobacco industry and the billionaire Koch brothers planned the formation of the Tea Party movement more than a decade before it exploded onto the U.S. political scene.

Far from a genuine grassroots uprising, this astroturf effort was curated by wealthy industrialists years in advance. Many of the anti-science operatives who defended cigarettes are currently deploying their tobacco-inspired playbook internationally to evade accountability for the fossil fuel industry's role in driving climate disruption.

The study, funded by the National Cancer Institute of the National Institute of Health, traces the roots of the Tea Party's anti-tax movement back to the early 1980s when tobacco companies began to invest in third party groups to fight excise taxes on cigarettes, as well as health studies finding a link between cancer and secondhand cigarette smoke.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #843
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
Every political movement has its roots from somewhere else, but to say it was being planned by the tobacco corporations and Koch Brothers just reeks of some serious political bias and a bit conspiracy theory. Considering Gantz and his history in dealing with Republicans, I'm not buying his argument.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #844
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Every political movement has its roots from somewhere else, but to say it was being planned by the tobacco corporations and Koch Brothers just reeks of some serious political bias and a bit conspiracy theory. Considering Gantz and his history in dealing with Republicans, I'm not buying his argument.
Well it would explain why they don't fight for my freedom to smoke a joint. lol

Old 02-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #845
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Does it really matter? What does the Tea Party amount to? The Christian right with a new name, doing exactly what it's always done.

Except now instead of talking about "the gays", and evolution they talk about taxes, and economics they barely understand. Then they get into office, pass legislation on social issues, and economics take a back seat.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #846
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Except now instead of talking about "the gays", and evolution they talk about taxes, and economics they barely understand. Then they get into office, pass legislation on social issues, and economics take a back seat.
Don't you know that 2 guys marrying somehow effects the Tea Party's individual rights and freedoms.

Simple fact is Ron Paul was as close a candidate to the ideology they profess to have and he was basically written off by the so called voices of the Tea party I think explains what the party doesn't stand for.

Last edited by SV Fan; 02-15-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #847
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

It's like modern the anti-war movement, I don't even believe they believe what they say they believe.

If they had such a problem with spending, where the hell were they when George W. Bush started two wars on a credit card? Not to mention that unprecedented increase in spending...

Old 02-16-2013, 12:12 AM   #848
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
It's like modern the anti-war movement, I don't even believe they believe what they say they believe.

If they had such a problem with spending, where the hell were they when George W. Bush started two wars on a credit card? Not to mention that unprecedented increase in spending...

The Christian Right in general "believes" in absolutely nothing except a vague hatred of homosexuals for trumped-up reasons, an unearned sense of superiority, and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

They certainly don't believe in the Bible considering they're diametrically opposed to 2/3 of what it says.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Old 02-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #849
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
The Christian Right in general "believes" in absolutely nothing except a vague hatred of homosexuals for trumped-up reasons, an unearned sense of superiority, and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

They certainly don't believe in the Bible considering they're diametrically opposed to 2/3 of what it says.
Don't forget subordinating women and vilifying the poor. And denying science. And loving guns. Jesus loved guns and hated the poor, right?

Old 02-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #850
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
Don't forget subordinating women and vilifying the poor. And denying science. And loving guns. Jesus loved guns and hated the poor, right?
The irony being, it is the upper-class/ruling class that are perpetuating a class war between the middle class and lower middle class/lower class and almost everyone is blind to it. They convince the stupid that it is the poor who is taking their money rather than the corporate fat cats and get them to turn on each other.