The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Old 02-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #401
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: Halo 4 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainedEyes View Post
I'm glad Spartan Ops is over with. Did anyone else just have to worst time playing through them all? Every single session was laggy to varying degrees, some almost unplayable, and people would constantly leave the session or just stand in one place.

Playing through them all each week was one of the more frustrating things I've done online. I don't know why it all felt so broken.
I liked Spartan Ops. We did get quite bad lag though every now and then. Also I never played with non-friends so no probs with the last issue.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #402
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I played Spartan Ops solo each time, so I don't know how the online aspect works with it. I never had any trouble with the MP though.
That's impressive and scary at the same time. Some of them took about 20-30 minutes for us too finish. Cant imagine doing them solo. Missions with Prometheans must have been crazy frustrating.

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #403
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlsAppetite View Post
That's impressive and scary at the same time. Some of them took about 20-30 minutes for us too finish. Cant imagine doing them solo. Missions with Prometheans must have been crazy frustrating.
Definitely wasn't easy. Those Knights are *******s.

Matt Mortem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #404
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

What difficulty did you play on?

Old 02-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #405
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
What difficulty did you play on?
I'd start on Legendary and based on how ****ing awful that experience was I'd lower the difficulty as needed. Some missions were just too damn hard to do on Legendary.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #406
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'd start on Legendary and based on how ****ing awful that experience was I'd lower the difficulty as needed. Some missions were just too damn hard to do on Legendary.
I don't know why I assumed you did them all on Legendary. Some like the mission where you have to keep at least one generator intact would be impossible on Solo Legendary.

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #407
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Yeah there was one with a load of Promethean Knights in the same spot on a bridge where it would respawn you miles away so they would be fully healed by the time you got back to them. No way I could do that on Legendary. Probably not even on heroic.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #408
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlsAppetite View Post
I don't know why I assumed you did them all on Legendary. Some like the mission where you have to keep at least one generator intact would be impossible on Solo Legendary.
That one I did on Normal because **** that. That was insane.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #409
Edguy
Banned User

Word of advice, guys: NEVER play Halo co-op over live. Campaign, Firefight or Spartan Ops; it's delay lag no matter how good a connection you have. Play it on a LAN or a split screen, or by yourself.

And Legendary is pretty easy as long as you play practically, and don't try to do things the fun and fancy way. That can be somewhat of a challenge, tho..
I played the first episodes on Legendary, and the instant respawning means it's just a matter of going in, getting some kills, then dying and repeating. They also shower you with power weapons all the time, so..

Played the later ones on normal tho, Legendary is just no fun at all.

Last edited by Edguy; 02-25-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #410
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I don't know what you're talking about, I've never had any lag problems in Halo 4 co-op modes.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #411
Edguy
Banned User

Really? 'cause me and my buddies have had the half second delay pretty much no matter what.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #412
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Then thats probably down to you and your buddies internet connection.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #413
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

The only problem I have with Legendary in Halo 4 is they won't give me any ****ing ammo.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #414
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
I don't know what you're talking about, I've never had any lag problems in Halo 4 co-op modes.
Thats amazing, I wish I was in Sydney. Mines occasionally good but mostly bad.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:00 AM   #415
Edguy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Then thats probably down to you and your buddies internet connection.
Not really. There is never any similar lag in multiplayer, just in co-op modes. And it's consistent.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #416
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

I had no lag throughout the whole campaign in 4 player & 3 player co-op but had some unplayable lag on Spartan Ops a couple of times. But when it was fixed it was totally fine.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #417
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

343 HAS to get rid of the boot option for betrayals. Yes, there is a downside to not getting rid of a team killer, but every time I have ever been booted was because of moronic team mates commit suicide on the hood of my vehicle. I just got booted because this one ******* wanted the Wraith I was in and continually hurled his body at my moving Wraith killing himself until he could boot me. If he were in the same room as me, I would have beaten him unconscious with a sock full of nickels.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #418
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Damn that's terrible I have yet to be booted

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
louiebling$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:42 AM   #419
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Quote:
343 HAS to get rid of the boot option for betrayals. Yes, there is a downside to not getting rid of a team killer, but every time I have ever been booted was because of moronic team mates commit suicide on the hood of my vehicle. I just got booted because this one ******* wanted the Wraith I was in and continually hurled his body at my moving Wraith killing himself until he could boot me. If he were in the same room as me, I would have beaten him unconscious with a sock full of nickels.
I had this revelation back during Halo Reach, playing a match of Firefight. I didn't want to stick around, but I didn't want to quit coz of the team. At the very, very end of the match I launched a rocket at the last cluster of enemies. One of my team ran into the rocket. I got kicked. Not only was he in the wrong, but the match was over so it didn't matter. I basically played a match I didn't want to and had nothing to show for it coz of that self righteous asshat.

The system is perfect for dealing with team killers, the problem is the s**tty community.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #420
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
You know, it would really be cool if there was a majority vote system for people to vote on team killers instead of just a single player boot system.

Say a player continually attempts to betray or kill his teammates. If the player continues to betray the rest of their teammates, the rest of the players on the team put it to a vote. If there's enough votes against the team killer, that player is removed from that match and automatically replaced with someone else. And if said team killer receives enough offenses throughout tons of matches, he gets temporarily banned from playing online for a period of time (kind of like how a mod temp-bans trolls from forums for repeated offenses). And if the player's number of offenses keep on piling up, and shows no signs of stopping, he eventually gets banned permanently.

There could also be a system to where people could vote on whether a person was being racist, misogynistic, offensive in some other way, etc.

5-.-2-.-14

TheWiseGuy487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #421
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

They gotta do something. I'm so tired of getting booted because people on my team either don't pay attention and wander onto a grenade I threw or walk in front of my vehicle, or **** like last night. It's frustrating and makes me not want to play Halo anymore.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #422
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
I've accidentally betrayed quite a lot of people, especially in Grifball & have never been booted so I guess there are some decent community members out there. This guy you're talking about should be banned!

Last edited by Iceman; 03-18-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #423
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I've accidentally betrayed quite a lot of people, especially in Grifball & have never been booted so I guess there are some decent community members out there. This guy you're talking about should be banned!
You can't boot for betrayals in certain game modes. I was playing Dominion and I always get booted.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #424
jacobed
Banned User

Yeah its been an imperfect system since 3 maybe 2

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #425
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

4 is the only one where it's really bugging the **** out of me.