The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 11:32 PM   #726
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Default Re: Glee Episode V: The Sylvester Strikes Back - - Part 11

They cant go to long with making someone likable, that would be boring. Just like I am totally sure that they are just ruining Tina to get back at the fans for always demanding she have more lines and something to do then sit in the background.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #727
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Tina is officially in creepy obsessed stalker territory.

So Blaine was worried about being a "predatory gay" by having a totally internalized, unexpressed crush on Sam, but it's okay for Tina to creepily undress Blaine and put Vapo-Rub on him in his sleep and then lay on his bare chest??

No one would, for ONE SECOND, think it was remotely acceptable if Blaine did that to Sam, they'd be screaming molestation and sexual predator from the mountaintops, but with Tina it's somehow, in Bizarro-Land, supposed to be excusable?

Apparently, according to Glee, gays are the only ones capable of being predatory.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:

Last edited by Schlosser85; 02-07-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #728
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

This Tina/Blaine storyline is about the first time I have actually personally found Glee truly offensive.

Kurt was being predatory in Season 1, but somehow Tina is being "cute"? I guess I forgot that time when Kurt molested Finn in his sleep...

And why do they keep having Blaine apologize to her, as if he's somehow in the wrong because he doesn't return her love BECAUSE HE'S GAY?

This plotline is both homophobic and sexist, IMO.

Movie Review Site:
Old 02-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #729
flash13
Wally West

The Finn/Emma thing wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Clearly a mistake in the moment that Finn realized immediately, thank God it's not more than that.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 8/10
GODZILLA 8/10
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST 9/10
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 7.5/10
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 1, November 21

Avengers: Age of Ultron, May 1
Jurassic World, June 12
The Fantastic Four, June 19
Ant-Man, July 31
Assassin's Creed, August 7

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 2, November 20
Star Wars: Episode VII, December 18
Old 02-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #730
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Yea, I really hope they leave it at that.

I like Santana joining the NYC gang.

Movie Review Site:
Old 02-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #731
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Watching the episode right now and seems like in true Glee fashion, a bit to much is going on. They really shouldve axed a storyline and focused more on Santana instead of fast-fowarding through it.

But thus far Santana is on point with her slams. Though I dont know why she dislikes Sam so much, I would think out of all the people that would send her raging when it comes to Britts new beau it would have been Finn. Unless it is about Sam being her ex boyfriend. Go figure they would make Santana into an angry lesbian blogger.

Tina tina tina, go figure they give her an ongoing storyline and it is one of the worst storylines they could have given her. She is just creepy and sad with her Blaine crush. Guy didnt show her time of day until after she had a crush on him and started stalking him. I really just want to forget this storyline EVER happened. They should have stuck with Tina being HBIC in Glee club and developed it out more. I enjoyed seeing her mad that Santana keeps stealing her limelight and she doesnt even go to McKinley anymore. Really wish it would have ended up with a scene between those two. Though I am guessing that Tina is so pissed that Santana stole Rizzo from her that is why she called her up and told her about Brittany dating Sam. It was a pure ***** move on her part.

Enjoying seeing Kurt get his claws back. And while I dont hate the storyline since Rachel has been nothing but over the top diva for a while now, I feel like this is what Quinntana shouldve come to town for. They spent those 5 minutes last week convincing her not to go topless when we all know that they should be the ones knocking Rachel down a peg. Wouldve loved to see Kurt team up with those two to knock sense into Rachel. But I am tired of Kurt/Rachel, these people in general "making any kind of history".

LOVED the Sutana scene, probably the best one they have had ever. Nice to know that Sue has been keeping up with Santanas college cheers and offering her to be her right hand woman. I for one would have loved to see Santana take the offer for an episode then deciede it isnt for her and go to NY. I just really would have loved a Will/Finn vs. Sue/Santana scenerio even though knowing this show the later would have probably lost.

Tina sounded AMAZING but I cant enjoy it as I should knowing that it is about Blaine.

Ughhh, how did this go from Kurt knocking Rachel back down to earth to Kurt having to knock her up some pegs and telling her how great she is. Girl is just never happy.

Aww Brittanas final convo for lord knows how long. Glad they decieded to keep being besties. She KILLED it on Girl on Fire, though it made me when she sings "everyone looks at her as she goes by" and the only people looking at her are Sue/Sam, Brittany doesnt even look up. And Santana needed one more scene with Sue. Only Santana could get away with moving in without even asking. Gotta love her.

The problem with this episode though is that wow it was extremely rushed like it wasnt nothing. We had diva week, Santana, Blaintina, Femma, Kurtchel. 5 different storylines, 6 if I count Brittana/Bram as one.

They should have combined Rachels storyline with the topless storyline, moved Santanas storyline to ep 12 since she moves to NY only to come back to Lima a week or 2 later? Either they should have moved her to NY sooner by an ep or 2 or they should have kept her in lima for an ep or 2 and moved her to NY after the wedding. Should have cut Blaine trying to teach the guys that they to can be divas since nothing came of it, and moved this whole Blaintina to a different episode. Or not have it take up so much time.

On the other hand, this is probably the most I have enjoyed Marley! Given she had very little to do and barely opened her mouth but when she did, she wasnt boring, she showed a glimpse of attitude, and wasnt the boring mary-sue she is for every other episode.

Oh and Sam/Chord looked bored as HELL this episode. He just wasnt having any of it. He tried to tune out all the diva talk, looked bored as hell with his contfrontation with Santana, and yeah just bored in every scene he was in.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 02-08-2013 at 04:42 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #732
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

You know a show's writing has really gone to **** when the storyline you assumed you'd hate the most (Finn/Emma) ends up being the least objectionable part of the episode. It ended up not being so bad, honestly, I just think they could've tweaked it to make it work a bit better. They could've shown Finn and Emma interact more since he came back to McKinley and shown the friendship developing, as opposed to just giving us a ****load of scenes between them in one episode. But in terms of the kiss, I think it's just due to him never really having any close female friends. The closest thing would have to be Rachel and we all know how high-strung and prone to freakouts she is, so it's easy for me to believe that what happened with Emma is exactly the way he would've diffused Rachel in a situation like that. He just got confused. Finn's dumb, so it's easy for me to believe he got confused.

Now for the rest...

The Tina **** just gets more and more ridiculous. They HAVE to call her out on this crap at some point. At least Marley shot her a comment about what a ***** she's been this year, they've got to have someone set her ass straight over this Blaine thing.

Rachel/Kurt's storyline was annoying. She gets an inflated ego, he calls her out on it, she gives him the guilt trip and then he apologizes? Come on... let her stew in the fact that she isn't queen of the world for awhile, I'm sure she could use it.

And lastly Santana. I just didn't get why she saw Britt dating Sam as such a personal attack. Since when was Sam the one she hated the most? It just felt a bit much for her to tell Brittany, "Hey, if you wanna date anyone else, you can, it'll be alright", but then throw a *****fit when it turns out to be Sam. And then her inviting herself to move into Rachel and Kurt's place? A bit presumptuous, no?

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #733
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
The Tina **** just gets more and more ridiculous. They HAVE to call her out on this crap at some point. At least Marley shot her a comment about what a ***** she's been this year, they've got to have someone set her ass straight over this Blaine thing.
Honestly, I would have liked for Blaine to wake up mid-rubdown, freak out, and throw her the hell off of him, or tell her to get out of his face whenever she goes on one of her entirely unwarranted tantrums at him.

Unfortunately, just as with Finn in Season 3, Blaine just doesn't have it in him to really call someone out and tell them off. I want to smack him as much as her for how he keeps apologizing to her. He has done absolutely nothing hurtful to her besides, ya know, being gay and not responding to her ridiculously aggressive attempts to mold him into a straight boyfriend for her, but he's too damn "nice" and mellow and inoffensive to the point of being a complete doormat.

Kurt, unlike Blaine, does have it in him to lay the smackdown (when the writers don't neuter him), and I wouldn't mind that, especially since we know from spoilers that he and Tina have a conversation about Blaine at the wedding.

I now have images of her attacking Kurt with an ice sculpture or something if/when she finds out he and Blaine's makeout session.

Movie Review Site:

Last edited by Schlosser85; 02-08-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #734
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Rachel/Kurt's storyline was annoying. She gets an inflated ego, he calls her out on it, she gives him the guilt trip and then he apologizes? Come on... let her stew in the fact that she isn't queen of the world for awhile, I'm sure she could use it.
I liked it up until the obligatory "Rachel is awesome" scene at the end.

If she's going to be the big Broadway star, she really needs to learn to take criticism and setbacks.

Her moping around and refusing auditions because Kurt beat her in an unofficial competition that didn't even actually mean anything was ridiculous and made her look like a big baby. Instead of restoring her bruised ego, Kurt should have let her stew in it and hopefully grow up a little instead of babying her.

Movie Review Site:
Old 02-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #735
Havok83
Side-Kick

LOVE the Santana twist. Great way to keep her on the show. They really should have done a NY spinoff and cancelled Glee IMO.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #736
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
And lastly Santana. I just didn't get why she saw Britt dating Sam as such a personal attack. Since when was Sam the one she hated the most? It just felt a bit much for her to tell Brittany, "Hey, if you wanna date anyone else, you can, it'll be alright", but then throw a *****fit when it turns out to be Sam. And then her inviting herself to move into Rachel and Kurt's place? A bit presumptuous, no?
They really needed to expand on that since Santana never had any real hate for Sam. Did they forget it is finn who she can barely stand? Because how do you have her being part of Sam is great video last week to her going on a full rampage on him? Is it because she dated him? Because he has now been with all of her closest friends? There has to be more to it. In the end that part was poorly written.

And I wonder what Rachel&Kurt will make history for next in nyada? They appear to be the greatest and most talented students the school has ever had.

Does mama Lopez even know that Santana has moved to ny? Guess that is one mystery we will probably never know.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #737
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
They really needed to expand on that since Santana never had any real hate for Sam.
Did they forget she DATED Sam?

Movie Review Site:
Old 02-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #738
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I did not care for this episode at all. I haven't been watching Glee regularly this season but I decided to catch last night's episode. I was bored with it.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #739
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Does Kate Hudson have any more episodes, or is she just another character who disappeared with no resolution?

Movie Review Site:
Old 02-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #740
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I was wondering the same thing. She seems to have just fallen off the face of the Earth after screwing Brody.

I know I've said this before, but I'm genuinely surprised at the lack of Taylor Swift stuff this season. Not that I'm complaining, but I really thought her latest album would've been like catnip for Ryan Murphy.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #741
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

With all the relationship angst and break-ups flying around, I really thought someone would have done "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together",

Old 02-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #742
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

When I first heard 22, I thought it sounded like it was BEGGING for a Glee cover.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #743
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Well kate was only contracted for 6 episodes. And we all know that glee isn't good at wrapping up characters.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #744
flash13
Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
When I first heard 22, I thought it sounded like it was BEGGING for a Glee cover.
That song was written about hanging out with Dianna Agron, so it would be funny if they had Quinn sing it.

GODZILLA 8/10

Jurassic World, June 12
Ant-Man, July 31

Old 02-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #745
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Wait, wut?

Old 02-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #746
flash13
Wally West

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I can't find the article that said that, but yeah, they're friends.

GODZILLA 8/10

Jurassic World, June 12
Ant-Man, July 31

Old 02-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #747
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

A couple spoilers for Wemma wedding episode "I Do":

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
- Blaine/Tina crush storyline ends this episode. Kurt and Blaine both find out about Tina rubbing Vapo-Rub on Blaine in his sleep and are "freaked out". Tina is jealous when Kurt/Blaine makeout in a car before the wedding and she and Kurt have an angry confrontation.

- Kurt and Blaine have sex, but Kurt is still torn about Blaine and Adam

Seriously, Tina? Do you really think you're any competition to Kurt of all people where Blaine is concerned?

Just keep being delusional.

Movie Review Site:
Old 02-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #748
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Oh, Tina... just continuing to be a big bowl of fail.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #749
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

The fact that she actually gets in an "angry confrontation" (quote) with KURT over Blaine.....

Yes, Tina, because fighting with Kurt over Blaine is surely going to work out well for you

Movie Review Site:
Old 02-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #750
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Tina being in love with Blaine is beyond ridiculous at this point.

It's Mercedes and Kurt all over again but taken to freaking creeper proportions.

And what's worse is that, at least in Mercedes's case, she didn't really know Kurt was gay. Or at least, she acted that way.

Overall, this arc is just making me hate Tina more than I all ready do. Mainly because of how she left Artie.

God I dont what the writers are doing with her anymore.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 02-10-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Closed Thread