The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 02:30 AM   #101
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Glee Episode V: The Sylvester Strikes Back - - Part 11

Yea, he shouldn't have used it like an insult and then tried to backtrack about not considering it one, but her "little miss demeaned innocent victim of big mean transphobic Dean who's betrayed everything Glee stands for" wears pretty thin when you look over her own Twitter and see how she's been bashing Dean and saying he needs to get off the show for months on end.

Also, her and her supporters messaging Ryan Murphy and Lea Michele to bash Dean to them too is just ridiculous.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Old 11-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #102
flash13
Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
And for some reason, Ryan hates Brittana fans more than any of the other ships on this show it seems. The most innocent question about them will get you blocked on his twitter.
Most of the people I saw Ryan block had it coming. He didn't block anyone who asked questions respectfully.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 8/10
GODZILLA 8/10
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST 9/10
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 7.5/10
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 1, November 21

Avengers: Age of Ultron, May 1
Jurassic World, June 12
The Fantastic Four, June 19
Ant-Man, July 31
Assassin's Creed, August 7

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 2, November 20
Star Wars: Episode VII, December 18

Last edited by flash13; 11-12-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #103
Mogwai
Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Also, her and her supporters messaging Ryan Murphy and Lea Michele to bash Dean to them too is just ridiculous.
She just wanted to get a response from a celebrity.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #104
Mogwai
Fanboy

From Jane's Twitter:

Old 11-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #105
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

that's awesome!

Movie Review Site:
Old 11-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #106
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

New Clip

Is Sue really one to tell Finn that he's got hate in his heart? I mean, I'm not the guy's biggest fan, but ***** please. You tripped an old lady down a flight of stairs, for God's sake. Your having a mentally handicapped sister and baby doesn't mean you don't have hate in yours.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 11-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #107
protocida
Side-Kick

BREAKING NEWS: Sue is a hypocrite.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #108
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Yeah, but it still pisses me off.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 11-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #109
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm not Finn's biggest fan, but he made a poor word choice and recognized it and apologized immediately. He didn't make his comment about her daughter with any malicious intent, which is more than Sue can say about the transphobic tirade she went on to Wade/Unique.

Movie Review Site:
Old 11-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #110
protocida
Side-Kick

I have to say, Sue's flip-flop of loyalties is slightly annoying. She's particularly aggresive this year, I feel it might be a cop-out if they make her "good" again.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #111
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

She hasn't been bad this year until she suddenly went all Fred Phelps on Unique out of nowhere.

That was really bad though.

I agree though, it is annoying. She's the worst character on the show (apart maybe from Quinn, who's barely gonna be in this season anyway) for growing a soul and then forgetting she has one two episodes later.

It was nice last season when she started helping them and drove their bus to Nationals. I thought there was something sweet and full-circle about Sue of all people being the person who drove them to their long-fought ultimate victory.

Movie Review Site:
Old 11-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #112
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I just watched the clip and have to say, I'm Team Finn all the way on this one.

He shouldn't have used the word, but he himself recognized it and apologized immediately. He was perfectly sincere and apologetic there, IMO, and she has no leg to stand on to be so righteously indignant and morally superior one episode after she bashed a transgendered student with a level of viciousness that could easily get her fired (then again, if Sue was a real person, she'd not only have been fired years ago, she'd be in prison).

Movie Review Site:
Old 11-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #113
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

The problem is the writers aren't creative enough to keep Sue relevant so they keep regressing her character. If they would actually think for once, there are plenty of stories for sue that wouldn't involve her being the big bad every season.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #114
marvelman2006
Banned User

I personally thought this past episode was one of the worst. The songs were all butchered and the stories themselves outside of will's was boring. The 3 new kids actors cant act and there quite boring as a whole and its funny sam/ blaine/tina are still playing backseat even when its "there time". I find it insulting after all this crap with finn complaining about his place in life to turn around and give the new kid advice to join glee club. Plus not to mention the finn/rachael/quinn love triangle 2.0 with the same stories and fights all over again from season 1. Its also the same thing I thought would happen with this episode where they cant decide what to concentrate more on with ethier all high school or all rachael in new york. Its like the writers in there minds are involved in a tug of war between the 2 main storylines.

Last edited by marvelman2006; 11-14-2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: m
Old 11-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #115
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I definitely agree about Tina, but Blaine overall has been a more main character this season.

You have a point about the writers recycling storylines though.

Movie Review Site:
Old 11-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #116
marvelman2006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
I definitely agree about Tina, but Blaine overall has been a more main character this season.

You have a point about the writers recycling storylines though.

Ill give ya blaine but even in the first episode and even towards the end of last season they made you believe the leftovers would carry the high school side of things. Sometimes it feels like a slap in the face because maybe they think there target audience wont noticed recycled storylines but its fairly obvious, this isnt the WWE lol. me and my wife DVR the show so we've found ourselfs kinda fast fowarding through the new kids stuff when they pop up and another pet peeve of mine is they go and introduce another new kid now from there competition show without trying to continue to develop what they have.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #117
Mogwai
Fanboy

I think it's been pretty balanced so far (save for Tina). The "new" kids were hardly featured in Makeover and The Break-Up.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #118
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

RM has even said that they redo storylines since fans enjoy them. Thats why we got Brittany vs. Kurt 2.0 for president, another play, etc...

What I guess they fail to realise I guess is that we already have enough storylines to repeat each season that they dont need to tack on even more. We already have to get regionals/sectionals and possible nationals every season, now we get a christmas episode every season, probably going into our third year of Prom, 2nd year of graduation. That is a lot of storylines to go through when they already repeat others aswell. And then they dont even do that right. They rushed the hell through the newbie triangle only to add a fourth person to it. We wont even wrap up Santanas family storyline the first half of the season or her going to NY storyline first half.

They bring in the graduates to just mentor the newbies (why they need mentoring is beyond me, this isnt X Factor) and probably wont even give us updates on what Merecedes/Mikes lives are like now. Tina/Mike probably wont go nowhere since they spent their 1 minute on them this past episode.

They dont look like they want to work on Brittanys growth as a character and are content as leaving her as the dumb blonde. And now Sam is getting on her level.

Tina has become an uber diva but that is glossed over and we havent even seen her asisstant since like the first episode.

They never really dedicate themselves to telling a story unless it involves Rachel/Finn. They just take the easy route and it is so simple that any of us could do their jobs and come out with the same product.

Anyone else see RM paroding Glee on New Normal? Clea as a favorite, Devon (aka Kevin), black girl and cheerleaders,a nd the suck up male lead.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 11-14-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #119
marvelman2006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
RM has even said that they redo storylines since fans enjoy them. Thats why we got Brittany vs. Kurt 2.0 for president, another play, etc...

What I guess they fail to realise I guess is that we already have enough storylines to repeat each season that they dont need to tack on even more. We already have to get regionals/sectionals and possible nationals every season, now we get a christmas episode every season, probably going into our third year of Prom, 2nd year of graduation. That is a lot of storylines to go through when they already repeat others aswell. And then they dont even do that right. They rushed the hell through the newbie triangle only to add a fourth person to it. We wont even wrap up Santanas family storyline the first half of the season or her going to NY storyline first half.

They bring in the graduates to just mentor the newbies (why they need mentoring is beyond me, this isnt X Factor) and probably wont even give us updates on what Merecedes/Mikes lives are like now. Tina/Mike probably wont go nowhere since they spent their 1 minute on them this past episode.

They dont look like they want to work on Brittanys growth as a character and are content as leaving her as the dumb blonde. And now Sam is getting on her level.

Tina has become an uber diva but that is glossed over and we havent even seen her asisstant since like the first episode.

They never really dedicate themselves to telling a story unless it involves Rachel/Finn. They just take the easy route and it is so simple that any of us could do their jobs and come out with the same product.

Anyone else see RM paroding Glee on New Normal? Clea as a favorite, Devon (aka Kevin), black girl and cheerleaders,a nd the suck up male lead.

pretty much my thoughts, I would add though you can kiss Emma goodbye for atleast 4-6 episodes because god knows they wont use her unless its a scene involving will. I almost spit my soda out last night too when there was a beastie sighting. Its just not going anywhere as a whole. Ryan seems to have this nack as a writier, he comes up with brilliant shows and then they slowly go down hill. Niptuck, glee and american horror story.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #120
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I like how Sue continually says Will has no adult friends, ignoring Beiste's existence.

Apparently she's like Glee parents: until there's a specific plot purpose for her, she doesn't exist.

Carole Hudson dropped off the face of the earth after she married Burt, and didn't reappear until Season 3. Time and again we'd see the Hummel-Hudson home and it was still like Burt and Kurt were the only people living there, same as always, no Carole, no Finn.

Kurt getting ready for Prom in Season 2 was the only time we saw Burt, Finn, and Kurt all at home like they actually lived together, and even then, Carole was MIA.

Movie Review Site:
Old 11-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #121
Mogwai
Fanboy

The Hudson-Hummel family also had a scene at Breadtix (Carole included).

Old 11-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #122
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

^ True. It was the first Carole sighting since like halfway through Season 2.

Movie Review Site:
Old 11-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #123
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

It is sad that they had to downgrade Maya/Emma to reaccuring guest star since they couldnt think of anything for her to do (though I could think of many). Season 3 and the end of this season should be a big time for Emma, she could be helping the students find out where they want to go, she couldve counceled Santana, Quinn, any of them really.

And the writers really missed out on some Carole/Kurt bonding scenes. He hasnt had a mother since he was a child, he is really into fashion, seems like a perfect match for some heartfelt/funny scenes.

It also seems like the writers have convinced themselves that only Glee club can show up in scenes instead of the characters being in their natural habitat. With other members being in other various organizations like football/cheerleading/math club/swimming there should be plenty for them to do since you dont have to only focus on the choir room.

It's funny in the sense that you would think bringing in more writers for season 3 instead of the trio for the first 2 seasons would open up their minds to more storylines but all it has done is make them even more closed minded.

If FOX wanted to save this show, they would bring in better writers and maybe have to force some old ones out.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #124
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
And the writers really missed out on some Carole/Kurt bonding scenes. He hasnt had a mother since he was a child, he is really into fashion, seems like a perfect match for some heartfelt/funny scenes.
Exactly.

It's so annoying the way they completely and utterly ignore some great potential storylines that could have genuine depth and character development.

- what's it like for Kurt, gaining a mother figure? Who knows.

- what was it like for Blaine transferring from somewhere like Dalton to somewhere like McKinley, and leaving a glee club as formal and meticulously organized as the Warblers for a hot mess like New Directions? Apparently a breeze, because five minutes later it's like he's been there all along.

It was such a huge oversight the way they completely and utterly swept Blaine's transition under the rug, and exemplifies part of what's frustrating about Blaine in general. There are various easy potential storylines for him besides mooning over/pining for Kurt that could bring genuine depth to his character--him adjusting to McKinley, his father being alluded to not liking his sexuality, his past getting gaybashed at his original school--but the writers never explore any of them.

They gotta keep lots of free time for crucial stuff like a second Britney Spears tribute episode, or a Saturday Night Fever tribute, or Sue destroying the Christmas tree, or Ryder/Jake/Marley/Kitty recreating the Finn/Puck/Rachel/Quinn love quartet.

Movie Review Site:
Old 11-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #125
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
It is sad that they had to downgrade Maya/Emma to reaccuring guest star since they couldnt think of anything for her to do (though I could think of many).
I can sit for about 30 seconds (if that) and think of multiple storylines for Emma, Beiste, Blaine, Kurt, Tina, etc. that's more untrodden ground than anything the writers ever give them.

I've genuinely read fanfiction that gives Blaine so much more depth than the show writers have ever bothered to that it's not even funny, along with fanfiction that has great heartfelt scenes between Blaine/Burt, Kurt/Carole, Kurt/Finn, etc., and all these potential interesting dynamics that the writers just ignore.

What does Burt think of Blaine? I guess he likes him well enough, but other than that, dunno. I have read multiple fanfictions that expanded on the throwaway line two seasons ago about Mr. Anderson not liking that his son is gay, and created a really interesting dynamic between Blaine and Burt that the show completely ignores but could be a more original storyline than anything they come up with.

How do Kurt and Carole interact? They don't, so far as we ever see.

Why is Tina's name Tina Cohen-Chang? The world may never know.

It's really sad how much Glee fanfiction is better-written than the show itself.

Movie Review Site:

Last edited by Schlosser85; 11-14-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Closed Thread