The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 06:10 AM   #751
!Superman!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 235
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

she doesnt have any make up on...just google her guys... she is hot!


!Superman! is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #752
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,912
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!



Well she is attractive, no doubt in my honest opinion at least. If anything, I guess it's just the case where people were expecting for a different type of beauty to be present for this role, since MJ is traditionally known for looking like a glamorous model as others have put it.

Perhaps this take on MJ will be a different one than from the comics since I don't think Web would have selected her if he was going for the glamorous supermodel/actress route for Woodley.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 06:33 AM   #753
!Superman!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 235
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

but why would a " glamorous model" hook up with this Peter? in the animated series Peter looked strong and like " a model" so to speak. Andrew Garfield looks like a school kid. This isnt Transformers where Super woman Megan Fox hooks up with a tool like Shia LaOPTIMUUUUUUUS.


This here looks realistic. Everybody would think ,, ok, i can see that.. they are cute together.." put Megan Fox in that position and everybody is like " WTF, no way ! " !!

btw. Shailene Woodley looks so beautiful in your picture^^

!Superman! is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 06:35 AM   #754
Valkyrje
Monstah Lobstah
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 308
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

I'd have liked Megan Fox as MJ ...

Valkyrje is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #755
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick
 
Ultra Nolanite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,277
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post
Ya know, maybe she can........... act?



A WEE bit sexist when you say it in ranks of numbers, bro. Not cool.
So can Daniel Day lewis, what say you we slap him on a red wig ?

M.J. is supposed to be an insane bombshell. Like, you won't believe that Parker is tapping that.

And really when you think about it you're the one being sexist by pretty much implying that if you're smoking hot that automatically means you can't act.

Ultra Nolanite is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #756
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,912
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zece View Post
I'd have liked Megan Fox as MJ ...



herolee10 is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:00 AM   #757
!Superman!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 235
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zece View Post
I'd have liked Megan Fox as MJ ...



!Superman! is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #758
UnionJack
In training at MI:13
 
UnionJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,742
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Superman! View Post
but why would a " glamorous model" hook up with this Peter? in the animated series Peter looked strong and like " a model" so to speak. Andrew Garfield looks like a school kid. This isn't Transformers where Super woman Megan Fox hooks up with a tool like Shia LaOPTIMUUUUUUUS.
Please go read some comics and not rely and a poor cartoon for your characterization.

Garfield is a good looking guy, even for the for a "nerd type" that people see Peter as.

MJ is supposed to be the most wanted girl in school, everyone wants her, this chick looks like your average girl, nothing special really jumps out about her.

__________________
“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
Charles Bukowski

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

UnionJack is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #759
DerSpider-Boy
T.u.f.k.a. Goran
 
DerSpider-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Augusta Vindelicorum
Posts: 3,878
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Superman! View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


God forbid!!

__________________
DER SPIDER-BLOG
The latest news, the hottest rumors and the most secret insider information on "THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2"

Kaya Scodelario for Mary Jane Watson!!
DerSpider-Boy is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #760
!Superman!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 235
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
Please go read some comics and not rely and a poor cartoon for your characterization.

Garfield is a good looking guy, even for the for a "nerd type" that people see Peter as.

MJ is supposed to be the most wanted girl in school, everyone wants her, this chick looks like your average girl, nothing special really jumps out about her.

"some comics"

there are so many different comic versions of spiderman and mary jane that i dont have any problem with Mark Webb casting a beautiful girl like Shailene Woodley.

It was his choice. He has a vision for this movie. People here just wanted a pin up girl Mary Jane Style to jer*off to.

and its not a poor cartoon ^^

!Superman! is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #761
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick
 
WarriorDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Writersland
Posts: 1,542
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Shailene is an unknown in my opinion. I mean I had never heard of her before her casting in this. When you cast people who have no profile you kind of assume it's because they have a great look or charm. Chris Reeve was an unknown before they cast him as Superman. They could have gone for a bigger star but look how highly regarded he is for the role these days. It's a big risk going for a smaller star because they don't have a name bringing more people to the theatre. The only people who know Shailene are the people who watched Secret Life. Rather than going for the handfuls of known famous actresses who would be better and the HUNDREDS of unknown actress who look good and can act. Not sure who thought it was a good idea to cast her. Whoever it is should be fired.

WarriorDreamer is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #762
!Superman!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 235
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

why should they fire the person? it worked with the first movie. Now everybody knows Garfield and Stone even more . So whats the problem with an unknown face like Woodley? If the movie is good people will hear about it and watch it. It`s still Spiderman so people will go no matter what.

!Superman! is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #763
UnionJack
In training at MI:13
 
UnionJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,742
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Superman! View Post
"some comics"

there are so many different comic versions of spiderman and mary jane that i dont have any problem with Mark Webb casting a beautiful girl like Shailene Woodley.

It was his choice. He has a vision for this movie. People here just wanted a pin up girl Mary Jane Style to jer*off to.

and its not a poor cartoon ^^
Erm no Iwant the MJ I read in the comics, Ultimate/616 both are beautiful, sexy and feisty. Not an average looking girl who might be cocky, that just comes across like a kid thinking she is better than what she is.

I'm not 13 so I don't need to role the dice to a comicbook film, I am a comic collector and fan of the characters, so yes getting them right is what I am looking for.

__________________
“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
Charles Bukowski

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

UnionJack is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #764
!Superman!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 235
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Peter was pretty spot on. thin guy. Better than the Toby M. Spiderman. It wont chance now, she is MJ let`s see what she can do.


Last edited by !Superman!; 02-26-2013 at 07:52 AM.
!Superman! is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #765
elsewhere
super
 
elsewhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,700
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Superman! View Post
well but Gwen Stacy didnt look like the comic version either and she was great. Peter was pretty spot on. thin guy. Better than the Toby M. Spiderman. It wont chance now, she is MJ let`s see what she can do.
Gwen Stacy looked exactly like the comics.

elsewhere is online now  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #766
UnionJack
In training at MI:13
 
UnionJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,742
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Superman! View Post
well but Gwen Stacy didnt look like the comic version either and she was great. Peter was pretty spot on. thin guy. Better than the Toby M. Spiderman. It wont chance now, she is MJ let`s see what she can do.
Emma looked JUST like the comic version, please read a comic before posting its embarrassing.

__________________
“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
Charles Bukowski

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

UnionJack is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #767
!Superman!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 235
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

she looked close.. but ok, my bad.

!Superman! is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #768
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,063
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Superman! View Post
well but Gwen Stacy didnt look like the comic version either and she was great. Peter was pretty spot on. thin guy. Better than the Toby M. Spiderman. It wont chance now, she is MJ let`s see what she can do.

Gwen looked like she was ripped right from the comic page.

spider-neil is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #769
!Superman!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 235
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

jesus ok...you are right. ^^

!Superman! is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #770
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,063
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

They should have just given Emma Stone a red wig and let her play Gwen and MJ. Emma would have been a fantasic MJ, I dare say her MJ would probably best her Gwen as I think her natural energy (like Zombieland) is muted as she is playing a more subdued Gwen rather than a party girl like MJ.

spider-neil is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #771
!Superman!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 235
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
They should have just given Emma Stone a red wig and let her play Gwen and MJ. Emma would have been a fantasic MJ, I dare say her MJ would probably best her Gwen as I think her natural energy (like Zombieland) is muted as she is playing a more subdued Gwen rather than a party girl like MJ.

but people here wanna see a "glamorous Model" as MJ. Stone is not a glamorous model but i agree with you. She would be great as MJ.

If i said what you said about Stone as MJ, UnionJack would punch me in the face.. lets see what he says to you :P nothing i guess..

!Superman! is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #772
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick
 
WarriorDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Writersland
Posts: 1,542
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Superman! View Post
why should they fire the person? it worked with the first movie. Now everybody knows Garfield and Stone even more . So whats the problem with an unknown face like Woodley? If the movie is good people will hear about it and watch it. It`s still Spiderman so people will go no matter what.
To me Emma Stone did not look completely accurate for Gwen Stacy. Gwen is supposed to look like a young goddess beauty queen with an amazing figure. Emma just looked cute. One good thing about Emma is she had a big name in Hollywood before she was cast so more people will show up just to see her.

NO-ONE is going to show up to see Shailene. If they cast someone big at the moment that would work in their favour. If they cast Elena Satine she is an unknown but she looks like MJ stepped off the page. She is also a good actress. About as good as Shailene who herself is an unknown. Which is why yes, whoever cast her should be fired. She should be recast in the next one. This is a slap in the face to Stan Lee's vision. If they wanted ugly they should have featured Carlie Cooper or Deberah Whitman instead of Mary Jane. Everyone will end up hating MJ again like in Raimi's and I will never forgive Marc Webb or whoever for doing that.

WarriorDreamer is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #773
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,063
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Superman! View Post
but people here wanna see a "glamorous Model" as MJ. Stone is not a glamorous model but i agree with you. She would be great as MJ.









Not glamorous?

spider-neil is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #774
!Superman!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 235
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
To me Emma Stone did not look completely accurate for Gwen Stacy. Gwen is supposed to look like a young goddess beauty queen with an amazing figure. Emma just looked cute. One good thing about Emma is she had a big name in Hollywood before she was cast so more people will show up just to see her.

NO-ONE is going to show up to see Shailene. If they cast someone big at the moment that would work in their favour. If they cast Elena Satine she is an unknown but she looks like MJ stepped off the page. She is also a good actress. About as good as Shailene who herself is an unknown. Which is why yes, whoever cast her should be fired. She should be recast in the next one. This is a slap in the face to Stan Lee's vision. If they wanted ugly they should have featured Carlie Cooper or Deberah Whitman instead of Mary Jane. Everyone will end up hating MJ again like in Raimi's and I will never forgive Marc Webb or whoever for doing that.

lets just wait how she portrays MJ, shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post



Not glamorous?
i like her look but as UnionJack taught me...
Quote:
MJ is supposed to be the most wanted girl in school, everyone wants her
MJ is a girl everybody in the school wants to be with and i think there would be more beautiful girls in a school next to Emma stone.


Last edited by !Superman!; 02-26-2013 at 08:07 AM.
!Superman! is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #775
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,248
Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

she looks fine as MJ, stop with the every girl has to be as hot as megan fox or shouldn't be in a hollywood movie crap

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.