The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #251
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

as long as we get a new MOS trailer with Hobbit, that's all I care about..........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #252
flickchick85
Loose Seal

I too would rather have a trailer than an IMAX prologue for this. Something that gets seen by all the audiences seeing the Hobbit. It had better be a kick-ass trailer, though. They've had more time than most movies get to do some awesome FX shots for this trailer. It's time they show us what they've been up to.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
Old 11-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #253
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by x knight View Post
as long as we get a new mos trailer with hobbit, that's all i care about..........
+1

Old 11-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #254
Black Dynamite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I too would rather have a trailer than an IMAX prologue for this. Something that gets seen by all the audiences seeing the Hobbit. It had better be a kick-ass trailer, though. They've had more time than most movies get to do some awesome FX shots for this trailer. It's time they show us what they've been up to.
I wouldnt mind if its the comicon trailer or atleast different footage with the zimmer music from the thin red line

Old 11-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #255
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dynamite View Post
I wouldnt mind if its the comicon trailer or atleast different footage with the zimmer music from the thin red line
I'm hoping the first theatrical trailer's vibe is very similar to comic con footage.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #256
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

I hope it's close to the CC trailer, but bigger and better!

I want to see an epic Superman Heat Vision shot!!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #257
Marvin
Side-Kick

If there was nothing more of MoS till super bowl, that would grounds enough not to care.

More to the point, if MoS performs as well as Marvels last Thor movie, that would be grounds enough not to care. What you care about is up to you. I personally would rather WB give it every chance in the world, especially in light of the fact that it already has more disadvantages than the likes of much of it's competition next year(that includes wolverine).

Heck, if MoS didn't show up at SDCC, that would be grounds enough not to care. In hindsight.

The fact of the matter is if you look back at the 3 or so films that have gotten a prologue in recent memory, any one can deny as to the marketing help it provided to films simply on online word of mouth alone(obviously like comic con, no one actually sees these things), but it's like the joker said: "It's about the message." It showed those studios were bloody excited for those films and thus many in our position followed suit. Paramount is bloody excited for Startrek 2. It would be something if WB was to show if they were excited for this, arguably their biggest and definitely their most significant film of next year(perhaps of the many years to follow, if it truly is their launching point).
If they made a prologue for the next "air bender"(and it was good) I'm sure that'd work many wonders for the skeptics, on boldness alone. If WB thinks they can simply release this movie in june and market it on name alone and still expect massive returns(and they should expect massive returns) then they need to put some work in. How's about starting twith a second production still, no? Well why not...perhaps cause they don't want to take the buzz away from the next batman movie..again.
These things(prologues) aren't necessary, the transformers films do plenty fine without them right? Right.

Truth is I only bring it up cause many were under the pretense that there was a nolan operandi at play here, clearly not. Cause they have little excuses(production/distributionrights/timing) not to. That prologue for Trek will play, and it will be covered all over these sites...buzz aplenty, and I'll be right here saying, WB deciding not to give their most significant film of the next little while this moment is grounds enough not to care. And maybe that's true, a trailer may just suffice(hopefully not one like the last).

Last edited by Marvin; 11-15-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #258
Marvin
Side-Kick

As for the footage itself.
Like many have said, it's seen by so few people that it really doesn't actually spoil all that much, if anything it's more about the "message" again.

I personally think establishing krypton in imax with tons of Russell Crowe and Zod swearing revenge would be ideal for such a thing. Still, nothing a trailer can't handle I suppose.

...there will not be a trailer this year.
(there already was)

Old 11-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #259
The Guard
Side-Kick

Even if there's not a MAN OF STEEL prologue with THE HOBBIT, there may well be a new trailer attached to it.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 11-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #260
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

well Hobbit's less than a month away now, so I guess we'll find out soon.

hopefully, in the next few weeks or so, we will get confirmation that a MOS trailer is attached to the Hobbit.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #261
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
well Hobbit's less than a month away now, so I guess we'll find out soon.

hopefully, in the next few weeks or so, we will get confirmation that a MOS trailer is attached to the Hobbit.
That would be a really nice XMAS present lol

Old 11-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #262
knowsbleed
electrically relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I am surprised that people are getting upset over the fact that MOS is not showing a prologue like Star Trek 2 is.

Do we really want to see a MOS prologue this early ?

I would be satisfied with first trailer and would rather prefer that they never show a prologue to MOS.
I agree with you. People comparing the marketing for this movie to that of TDK and TDKR don't remember that those movies were sequels. I can't remember if there was a prologue for BB.

knowsbleed is a vagatarian
Old 11-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #263
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsbleed View Post
I agree with you. People comparing the marketing for this movie to that of TDK and TDKR don't remember that those movies were sequels. I can't remember if there was a prologue for BB.
There wasn't
...it went to perform "incredibly well"

Old 11-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #264
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
People are going to compare and complain as long as there is air in their lungs. That won't ever change. I'm getting frustrated and impatient, too, but I find that it helps when I remind myself that a new trailer will (likely) be attached to Hobbit, and, regardless, the movie will still come out in June. Comparing the MOS marketing strategy (into which I have no insight) to this or that movie's marketing plan will do me no good.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #265
superhero#1
Side-Kick

When that Theatrical Trailer come out with the hobbit and blow everybody socks off, I wonder what all the complainers will say then.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #266
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhero#1 View Post
When that Theatrical Trailer come out with the hobbit and blow everybody socks off, I wonder what all the complainers will say then.
They'll probably be satisfied. The real question is when it doesn't what will the apologists say...

Old 11-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #267
Project862006
Banned User

star trek has less promotion it comes out a month before man of steel and no official stills or even a trailer yet and prologue will only be seen by a select few

Old 11-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #268
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
There was an 8 minute preview that was shown as part of Smallville's season four finale.

Also as for MOS not having a prologue with The Hobbit maybe the film doesn't have a prologue setup like the Dark Knight or the Dark Knight Rises did. Still I suppose they could have gone with Begins 8 min preview route. Infact maybe they still could if it was for TV with the Arrow season finale. Probably not but we can always have hope.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 11-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #269
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
star trek has less promotion it comes out a month before man of steel and no official stills or even a trailer yet and prologue will only be seen by a select few
It's a sequel and Abrams is trying to keep things under wraps like he always does.

I don't get the crying about MOS though, a trailer will be out soon.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #270
Arach Knight
Abstraction of Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I am surprised that people are getting upset over the fact that MOS is not showing a prologue like Star Trek 2 is.

Do we really want to see a MOS prologue this early ?

I would be satisfied with first trailer and would rather prefer that they never show a prologue to MOS.
I don't care about a prologue but the first trailer leaves much to be desired. It does little to effectively communicate the tone of the film or direction of the plot. Aside from fandom, the current trailer does little to elicit excitement/buzz/hype. I remember the old WTC Spider-Man trailer, right before it got a hard ban. I saw it online and was immediately excited even though it told no plot points. It simply had an energy that made you want to see what was going to be done with the character.

The existing Man Of Steel trailer is so somber, that if not for my knowledge of Zack Snyder's kinetic directing style, David Goyer's effective scripts and the competent production of Christipher Nolan, I'd fear that this film would be too much like Superman Returns...all based on the uninteresting trailer. I know a better trailer will come, but given the maligned state of the Superman film franchise, I expected Warner Bros. to put a better foot forward than what amounted to a promo for Deadliest Catch.

http://data2.whicdn.com/images/46178721/large.gif

Last edited by Arach Knight; 11-15-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #271
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Knight View Post
I don't care about a prologue but the first trailer leaves much to be desired. It does little to effectively communicate the tone of the film or direction of the plot. Aside from fandom, the current trailer does little to elicit excitement/buzz/hype. I remember the old WTC Spider-aman trailer, right before it got a hard ban. I saw it online and was immediately excited even though it told no plot points. It simply had an energy that made ypu want to see what was going to be done with the character.

The existing Man Of Steel trailer is so somber, that if not for my knowledge of Zack Snyder's kinetic directing style, David Goyer's effective scripts and the competent production of Christipher Nolan, I'd fear that this film would be too much like Superman Returns...all based on the uninteresting trailer. I know a better trailer will come, but given the maligned state of the Euperman film franchise, I expected Warner Bros. to put a better foot forward than what amounted to a promo for Deadliest Catch.
Until proven otherwise, I honestly feel that the Nolan was perhaps a factor on why we got the teaser that we did. Nolan is known for releasing teasers for the films that he's involved with that really don't show much other than announcing to the world that the film is coming.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #272
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well on another note, it's just been confirmed that Star Trek 2 will not only have its prologue featured at selected theaters with the release of "The Hobbit", but now they will have a theatrical trailer released with it as well.

C'mon Warner Bros.; GIVE US OUR CONFIRMATION! Seriously, if there is NO new Trailer, let alone pictures by the time this year is up, I will be pissed. Even TASM had at least more than one picture and news to look at before 2011 was up.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #273
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
There was an 8 minute preview that was shown as part of Smallville's season four finale.

Also as for MOS not having a prologue with The Hobbit maybe the film doesn't have a prologue setup like the Dark Knight or the Dark Knight Rises did. Still I suppose they could have gone with Begins 8 min preview route. Infact maybe they still could if it was for TV with the Arrow season finale. Probably not but we can always have hope.
I was thinking they may end up doing this, obviously it would boost arrow's ratings which are doing well for the cw. But I'm not sure if its the best thing in terms of awareness for MOS.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #274
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well on another note, it's just been confirmed that Star Trek 2 will not only have its prologue featured at selected theaters with the release of "The Hobbit", but now they will have a theatrical trailer released with it as well.
Man, that is just overkill. I guess there's no such thing as too much exposition in Hollywoodland.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #275
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

It was obvious that a Trek trailer was going to be released alongside the first 9 minute preview. Not shocking news at all.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Closed Thread