I think we'll definitely get a trailer with the Hobbit

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 11-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #302
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlus View Post
Well, I dont even ask for a trailer... only thing I am asking for is... give us one or two new stills!!
LOL That's all I even ask for. Maybe an announcement of when we will get... anything. A date would at least be something.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 11-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #303
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

^usually they release some stills in december so I would guess when the trailer comes out they will probably have pictures in empire magazine or something as well.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:54 PM   #304
Marvin
Side-Kick

Stills are alot more appreciated before a trailer.
ala ASM.

Last edited by Marvin; 11-17-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #305
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well if we don't got any official word about a new MOS trailer debuting with the Hobbit by the time it's only a week away from release, then it's most likely that we won't get anything sufficient during the remainder of 2012.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:39 AM   #306
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

They should've just put it with Twilight big missed marketing opportunity there.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:43 AM   #307
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
They should've just put it with Twilight big missed marketing opportunity there.
Indeed; at this point, unless something pops up soon to say otherwise, I'm starting to think that we won't get anything for the rest of this year.

I mean this is absolute bs imho at times, and I know I say this a lot as of late, but no new still, no magazine/article coverage, not even the announcement of when we'll be getting a new trailer which is all in hindsight at the fact that Zack Snyder is probably close to finishing a good cut of the film at this point.

Heck, if the trailer is anything shorter than 2:20 Min, then I'll be personally disappointed. I wish someone at WB would get off their asses and actually, you know..promote this film instead of pretending as though it doesn't exist.

I may be going overboard with that but there has been absolutely nothing going on promotion wise since July 2012.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:23 AM   #308
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Nah, it doesn't work that way. One studio won't not promote their own blockbuster just because a another studio is also releasing theirs in the similar time. There are plenty of big`` movies coming out around IM3 and MOS, so what, nobody will promote anything? Besides, I doubt the hype IM3 will get. Personally, im bored of Iron Man and IM2 left a bad taste in my mouth (which Avengers didn't wash away). Anyway, if WB poorly or insufficiently markets Man of Steel it will won't have anything to do with Iron Man 3.

And by all means, MOS should be an event movie, bigger than Iron Man 3 even, come on, it's going to be the 75th anniversary of the worlds greatest (and arguably first) superhero, a pop culture icon! I know nowadays most people don't give a s**t about that but WB should be acting like they should give a s**t and maybe they will. WB needs to show confidence with their own product for anyone to even notice. Of course, now im talking about the future (2-3 months before the movie comes out) and not the current situation, which is that we need an ass kicking trailer with The Hobbit.
the only reason i felt that way is because they're both trying to appeal to the exact same audience. Let's pretend that TAS and TDKR had similar release dates. It's would be like The Amazing Spider-man trying to promote it self over The Dark Knight Rises Hype. TAS would just end up getting drowned out. It doesn't help than one is a recovering movie and the other is an established finale. If they do prompt it it's going to be low key until the final weeks. Warner brothers wants to go into the release date with as much hype as possible and they don't want there hype to be interfered with or distracted from.

Personalty I want a flood of everything to start rolling out. I want WB to make me super excited for this movie. I went into Superman Returns with a natural High then crashed after i saw it. I'm sure there are a of people out there just like me that want to be super excited if only WB would give us a reason too.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-17-2012 at 04:29 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:03 AM   #309
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Indeed; at this point, unless something pops up soon to say otherwise, I'm starting to think that we won't get anything for the rest of this year.

I mean this is absolute bs imho at times, and I know I say this a lot as of late, but no new still, no magazine/article coverage, not even the announcement of when we'll be getting a new trailer which is all in hindsight at the fact that Zack Snyder is probably close to finishing a good cut of the film at this point.

Heck, if the trailer is anything shorter than 2:20 Min, then I'll be personally disappointed. I wish someone at WB would get off their asses and actually, you know..promote this film instead of pretending as though it doesn't exist.

I may be going overboard with that but there has been absolutely nothing going on promotion wise since July 2012.
Look at Green Lantern and Dredd they left it late for the marketing (admittedly though at least GL did have a full trailer ages before it came out) and they were both flops. I hope WBs don't think that they can do the same kind of late marketing with Superman as they did for the Dark Knight Rises. They should realise Superman needs promoting especially after the last film. Tbh they should if anything over hype it using Nolan's name it works for James Cameron's crappy films.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:07 AM   #310
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Look at Green Lantern and Dredd they left it late for the marketing (admittedly though at least GL did have a full trailer ages before it came out) and they were both flops. I hope WBs don't think that they can do the same kind of late marketing with Superman as they did for the Dark Knight Rises. They should realise Superman needs promoting especially after the last film. Tbh they should if anything over hype it using Nolan's name it works for James Cameron's crappy films.
Fully agreed; I mean, I know that some will say that some of us are overreacting and that we're just complaining, but there hasn't been anything to suggest that we'll get new material in December.

"The Dark Knight Rises" and "The Amazing Spider-Man" ALL had more than one official picture out before the end of 2011 and they were July 2012 releases.

So until I personally see proof or an indication of it that we'll be getting something substantial before the year is up, then I'm not going to stop complaining, especially if we don't get anything after December because with the way it looks right now, i wouldn't think it'd be out of the realm of possibility to say that WB would probably give MOS the "Dredd" and "Total Recall" treatment of just releasing one theatrical trailer like in April and a few stills here and there before the film actually comes out.

Prove me wrong WB! Prove me WRONG!

Old 11-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #311
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Hehe, those pesky frustrations.

When the trailer comes out with The Hobbit the big warm and soft blanket will come down and tug everybody in and you'll all relax again, especially when that trailer rocks more than you'd hoped.

Have patience and get a hobby.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #312
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Hehe, those pesky frustrations.

When the trailer comes out with The Hobbit the big warm and soft blanket will come down and tug everybody in and you'll all relax again, especially when that trailer rocks more than you'd hoped.

Have patience and get a hobby.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #313
the last son
Side-Kick

I could care less about WB and how much money it makes it's not my responsibility and i make zero off of it if it sells or fails. just make a good movie for me to watch

Old 11-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #314
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

before we get trailers, shouldn't we get some more official pics? Techically, there has only been one right? Not even a poster?

Old 11-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #315
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
before we get trailers, shouldn't we get some more official pics? Techically, there has only been one right? Not even a poster?
We have a poster; the one that was released during Comic Con, but aside from that and the Bank Vault Debut picture, we got NOTHING! Well those two and the limiting teaser from July.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #316
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I assumed like everyone else that the MOS trailer would be attached to The Hobbit. But now I'm actually starting to wonder. Would it get lost in the shuffle between the Pacific Rim trailer and Star Trek Prologue?

The Hobbit still seems like the most logical choice in terms of exposure. Could they attach it to the Gangster Squad on January 11th? Gangster Squad is a WB movie but it an R rated drama. I can't see any other WB movies on the nearby schedule.

I'm still hoping for a trailer before The Hobbit plus Entertainment Weekly cover in January followed by another cover story in June. That was there pattern with Batman.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #317
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Fully agreed; I mean, I know that some will say that some of us are overreacting and that we're just complaining, but there hasn't been anything to suggest that we'll get new material in December.

"The Dark Knight Rises" and "The Amazing Spider-Man" ALL had more than one official picture out before the end of 2011 and they were July 2012 releases.

So until I personally see proof or an indication of it that we'll be getting something substantial before the year is up, then I'm not going to stop complaining, especially if we don't get anything after December because with the way it looks right now, i wouldn't think it'd be out of the realm of possibility to say that WB would probably give MOS the "Dredd" and "Total Recall" treatment of just releasing one theatrical trailer like in April and a few stills here and there before the film actually comes out.

Prove me wrong WB! Prove me WRONG!
I have to admit I'm worried, maybe WBs aren't that bothered I mean the only reason the film really went into production was due to the court case.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #318
Smallville13
Side-Kick

We really have nothing to worry about. The marketing has been pretty calculated and hard to fault in my opinion. It seems alot of people here expected alot more 'epicness' from the teaser, instead of the more reserved one we got. But any hard marketing before Dec would just be wasted really.

Also thank god they didn't release the trailer with Twilight. That would be the worst thing for MOS, to be associated with that film and audience. The Hobbit is a safe bet. It's the exact audience WB wants.

They're gonna market the hell out've this movie come 2013. Bet on it.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #319
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
We really have nothing to worry about. The marketing has been pretty calculated and hard to fault in my opinion. It seems alot of people here expected alot more 'epicness' from the teaser, instead of the more reserved one we got. But any hard marketing before Dec would just be wasted really.

Also thank god they didn't release the trailer with Twilight. That would be the worst thing for MOS, to be associated with that film and audience. The Hobbit is a safe bet. It's the exact audience WB wants.

They're gonna market the hell out've this movie come 2013. Bet on it.
How would it be stupid to put a trailer with one f the biggest films of the year, of course they're **** films but putting a traier with Henry in it infront of a load of girls isn't a bad thing at all. It would have been clever marketing.

You can't say the marketing has been good so far when there's barely been a mention most people I know don't even know a Superman is coming out.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #320
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
How would it be stupid to put a trailer with one f the biggest films of the year, of course they're **** films but putting a traier with Henry in it infront of a load of girls isn't a bad thing at all. It would have been clever marketing.

You can't say the marketing has been good so far when there's barely been a mention most people I know don't even know a Superman is coming out.
Because like I said why associate a film that you're trying to establish as high quality, with a **** of **** of **** that is Twilight. Who cares if teenage girls and their mums don't go to MOS.

Alot of people saw TDKR and saw the MOS teaser. Even if they've forgotten, who cares. The trailer with The Hobbit will remind them and start the hype train.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #321
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Don't get why anyone is so worked up.

It's gonna be in front of The Hobbit.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #322
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post

Yes, that's pretty much common knowledge, but some people are freaking out because it just hasn't been confirmed yet.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 11-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #323
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

It shouldn't have to be "confirmed."

Old 11-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #324
The Shield
It's really Happening!

I love Yalls assuredness. It's almost like you guys just know for sure. But unless you guys have the inside track... You're only assuming.... Am I right? So really, thats exactly what's others (including myself) are doing. Assuming they might not have anything. Of course it would be the logical move but that's still speculation and not fact.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 11-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #325
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:

This.

And also, putting the trailer in front of Twilight would be a huge mistake because its the wrong target audience.

Quote:
It shouldn't have to be "confirmed."
This too. We know they are giving us something before the year is out and that's the only big film left.

and more importantly, the only big warners film left.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 11-17-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Closed Thread