The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 11:41 PM   #451
NewYorkSpider
Heart Of Steel

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

I already planned on going to see The Hobbit. So this is fantastic news.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #452
charl_huntress
The Offender

ahhh...I don't really go to the movies anymore, but I will watch this on Vudu. They usually release trailers very eariler.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #453
Arach Knight
Abstraction of Logic

I'll just wait for the trailer to be released on apple.com or youtube.com

http://data2.whicdn.com/images/46178721/large.gif
Old 11-19-2012, 12:41 AM   #454
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Enjoy that you guys. But I want the full effect. The big screen/rpx theater sound plus the crowd reaction experience. Something like that you just don't get at home on a computer screen. Of course, after that I'll come home and watch it over and over on my mac in HD. lol This could possibly be the one trailer to the one Superman movie I've been waiting on my whole fanboy life. If there is any chance that it is what I wish it is... I'm going big.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 11-19-2012, 12:56 AM   #455
Arach Knight
Abstraction of Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Enjoy that you guys. But I want the full effect. The big screen/rpx theater sound plus the crowd reaction experience. Something like that you just don't get at home on a computer screen. Of course, after that I'll come home and watch it over and over on my mac in HD. lol This could possibly be the one trailer to the one Superman movie I've been waiting on my whole fanboy life. If there is any chance that it is what I wish it is... I'm going big.
True, the experience is not the same, butI am so uninterested in The Hobbit and I am not enough of a fanboy to watch a movie I coudln't care less anout, just to see a new trailer. I had a friend who did that for The Dark Knight Rises when they were doing the new trailer for that. Not my thing to do.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:13 AM   #456
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Knight View Post
True, the experience is not the same, butI am so uninterested in The Hobbit and I am not enough of a fanboy to watch a movie I coudln't care less anout, just to see a new trailer. I had a friend who did that for The Dark Knight Rises when they were doing the new trailer for that. Not my thing to do.
Understandable. Trust me I wouldn't do it for any other movie. I'm not interested in The Hobbit either but I did enjoy the Rings (first time run). I just hope this thing isn't 20 hrs long. I have a free movie ticket I'm going to use anyway so it's not my money! lol

Old 11-19-2012, 02:01 AM   #457
Arach Knight
Abstraction of Logic

Quote:
I just hope this thing isn't 20 hrs long. I have a free movie ticket I'm going to use anyway so it's not my money! lol
LOL

That sounds like a win/win situation.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:47 AM   #458
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Loling at the fanboys who a couple of hours a go kept *****ing about WB having cold feet.Welll we are getting a trailer with the Hobbit so suck it and learn to be patient next time.

Im not going to see the Hobbit though.It just fails to catch my interest and sems lacking the epicness of the LOTR franchise.I expect the hobbit to fall short of WBs expectations to be honest-might make them regret splitting into 3 parts.

This is why I wanted the full MOS to be attached with TDKR rather than the Hobbit whose success I find doubtful.

Im also worried that the star trek prologue will drown out the MOS trailer.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:13 AM   #459
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

I'm hoping that we still get orchestrated music attached to the film as opposed to some song with lyrics; hell, I wouldn't mind at all if they used the same theme music from the Comic Con trailer.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:50 AM   #460
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Loling at the fanboys who a couple of hours a go kept *****ing about WB having cold feet.Welll we are getting a trailer with the Hobbit so suck it and learn to be patient next time.

Im not going to see the Hobbit though.It just fails to catch my interest and sems lacking the epicness of the LOTR franchise.I expect the hobbit to fall short of WBs expectations to be honest-might make them regret splitting into 3 parts.

This is why I wanted the full MOS to be attached with TDKR rather than the Hobbit whose success I find doubtful.

Im also worried that the star trek prologue will drown out the MOS trailer.
I dnt know for sure of course, but i fully expect the hobbit to be as every bit as epic and successful as Lotrs was.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 AM   #461
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm hoping that we still get orchestrated music attached to the film as opposed to some song with lyrics; hell, I wouldn't mind at all if they used the same theme music from the Comic Con trailer.
They used the music from SDCC in the Teaser, so I doubt we'll get the same thing.

I'm in the camp hoping we get Zimmer's score in it.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 AM   #462
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I dnt know for sure of course, but i fully expect the hobbit to be as every bit as epic and successful as Lotrs was.
Well I hope so-just havent seen anything tha mekes me think it will be anything but a generic fanatsy film cahing on Lotr success.

Moving on to MOS.Im glad were getting a new trailer-hopefully we actually get a taste of the action and finally see Superman throw a punch.

I also wldnt mind if the trailer has some parts of the comicon footage.Specifically the costner lines and or Jorel lines.I aslo want the trailer to end with cavills last line in the comicon.it was pure awesome.

HATE the fact that Mos trailer cld be drowned out by Star trek.Seriously the trailer has to be very awesome to still be remembered after the star trek prologue.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #463
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

I'm doubtful that this trailer will be showing before the IMAX since it can only hold up to a certain amount of time and the Hobbit pretty much reaches that in itself.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #464
TheDailyPigMan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
They used the music from SDCC in the Teaser, so I doubt we'll get the same thing.
Very cute that you think you know what you're talking about.

Comic Con footage had Zimmer's music from The Thin Red Line...

Teaser has music from Howard Shore (LOTR)...

Old 11-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #465
TheDailyPigMan
Side-Kick

FYI, I'm 99.999999 percent sure we'll hear Zimmer music in the first trailer...

Back in August, Zimmer's social media folks tweeted that they heard "Krypton" music in the studio..

https://twitter.com/HansZimmerMusic/...09417563516928

Old 11-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #466
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
I'm doubtful that this trailer will be showing before the IMAX since it can only hold up to a certain amount of time and the Hobbit pretty much reaches that in itself.
This ^

I would love to see the trailer on IMAX or even IMAX 3D but then they never have previews before those flicks. They go straight to the movie. Besides, I Seriously doubt they would have the trailer in 3D. And since the Trek is going to be 9 mins long, I'm guessing that's all there will be. All the other trailers will be on "regular" screens. However, an alternative is the RPX theater. Unless I hear otherwise from Hobbit fanboys that see it opening night that's where I'll be. It's the closest there is to IMAX, imo.

And to add to what others have said I don't think this will be a hit unless it has great word of mouth. It just doesn't have any buzz. It's a month away and I don't hear anyone, outside of fan message boards, talking about The Hobbit. But meh, I wait and see. ()

Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #467
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I can't believe there are people are surprised about this. It's just confirming what I thought we all figured for months.

Hopefully Zimmer delivers the goods. I hope it's as good as his Inception or TDKR soundtracks. Does the quick turnaround on his movie work detriment him? Or do most big orchestral musicians produce work at this rate?

Old 11-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #468
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

I'm hoping the trailer will be online, officially, shortly before Hobbit opens.

I prefer to watch the trailer 1st online just to satisfy my curiosity and excitement. then on the big screen for the full effect.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #469
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Ya know, the trailers are not any sort of motivation to go see The Hobbit for me. I've seen what PJ did with LOTR and I know this one is all broken up into separate (2 or 3 I think) movies. I'll see the trailer online. Someday down the road I'll seer all these Hobbit movies for free on TBS or some other network.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #470
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

well, I'm planning on seeing the Hobbit anyways.......the trailers for MOS and Pacific Rim are just icing on the cake.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #471
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
This ^

I would love to see the trailer on IMAX or even IMAX 3D but then they never have previews before those flicks. They go straight to the movie. Besides, I Seriously doubt they would have the trailer in 3D. And since the Trek is going to be 9 mins long, I'm guessing that's all there will be. All the other trailers will be on "regular" screens. However, an alternative is the RPX theater. Unless I hear otherwise from Hobbit fanboys that see it opening night that's where I'll be. It's the closest there is to IMAX, imo.

And to add to what others have said I don't think this will be a hit unless it has great word of mouth. It just doesn't have any buzz. It's a month away and I don't hear anyone, outside of fan message boards, talking about The Hobbit. But meh, I wait and see. ()
Well I think it depends on how long the movie is. TDKR was right at the IMAX time capacity and couldn't have anything in front of it. However, if a movie is, let's say, 2 hours 30 minutes, then there would be enough time to put a trailer or two in front of it. If The Hobbit is as long as the previous 3 films, then nothing will be in front of it. Besides, don't they only show trailers for movies that were filmed in IMAX on true IMAX screens?

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 11-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #472
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

If I am not wrong, The longer run-time and multiple trailers with it are allowed in IMAX format, if the movie has a break in it.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #473
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

A break as in intermission or something else?

Old 11-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #474
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDailyPigMan View Post
Very cute that you think you know what you're talking about.

Comic Con footage had Zimmer's music from The Thin Red Line...

Teaser has music from Howard Shore (LOTR)...

Welp.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #475
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Well I think it depends on how long the movie is. TDKR was right at the IMAX time capacity and couldn't have anything in front of it. However, if a movie is, let's say, 2 hours 30 minutes, then there would be enough time to put a trailer or two in front of it. If The Hobbit is as long as the previous 3 films, then nothing will be in front of it. Besides, don't they only show trailers for movies that were filmed in IMAX on true IMAX screens?
Idk... If it's true about time this what Peter Jackson said:

Quote:
Speaking to Empire, the writer-director revealed ďItís looking like itís going to be about ten minutes shorter than Fellowship. So itís going to be officially our shortest Middle-earth yet. I mean, Fellowship was just under three hours and this is about 2 hours 40 minutes at the moment.Ē

This was a couple weeks ago.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...ected-run-time

Closed Thread