The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Arrow

Old 12-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
mocomic
Philistian by choice

Default Could Shado be alive still????

I know it's highly improbable.
But the character is in the IMDB list as being in episode 10&11.
I realize there are credibility issues.

Think they'll have a miracle?

Please don't kill the questioner.

mocomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
regnak
Side-Kick

Default Re: Could Shado be alive still????

She got shot in the head. If she comes back then death means absolutely nothing on this show. Although I thought they would kill her off I wasn't in favor of it. However now that it is done if they bring her back no one will believe anybody is dead ever again.

regnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
mocomic
Philistian by choice

Was more wondering about the mirakuru. The original stuff is on the island. The Starling City version is being reversed engineered.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
regnak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocomic View Post
Was more wondering about the mirakuru. The original stuff is on the island. The Starling City version is being reversed engineered.

If they do bring her back it won't be so soon. Slade has to believe she is dead to want revenge on Oliver. Something like that would be more of an event if it happens. At least a mid season finale if not a season finale.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #5
Crimz
Side-Kick

Slade and Sarah will "die" to Oliver in the past, only for them to turn out to be alive. Malcolm who was also thought to be dead is alive as well, we all know what will happen with Cyrus Gold. My point is that we have enough people who were thought to be dead turn out to be alive, doing that to any more characters will make death not as devastating in the show. Viewers may think that it doesn't matter characters won't stay dead for long. Death should be absolute for it to mean anything in this show the only other person who should be resurrected is Ra's al Ghul, if they ever show him, for obvious reasons.

Crimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #6
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I doubt it. Besides, if she is, I will start to take death a lot less seriously on this show.

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
Coconut1214
Side-Kick

I hope not. Otherwise it won't matter if anyone dies on this show. It's be like Shocking Death! Oh well, they'll be back next episode.

It'll become pointless. They might as well not kill anyone then.

Coconut1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #8
Loki882
Side-Kick

Well, I thought that Shado's death was poorly handled and incredibly contrived (it was the one big black mark on an otherwise fantastic episode), so I'd have zero problems with her coming back.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:22 AM   #9
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 View Post
I hope not. Otherwise it won't matter if anyone dies on this show. It's be like Shocking Death! Oh well, they'll be back next episode.

It'll become pointless. They might as well not kill anyone then.
I disagree. It can be done right. The trick is to be clear that "death" has a cost. One potential example - should the show pursue this - would be Cyrus Gold's transformation into Solomon Grundy. Even if he did return as the latter, no one would argue that his original death was cheap as there are clearly consequences to it.

Thus far, the only outright miraculous "resurrection" thus far is Merlyn; to which we never really saw him die and the show has indeed treated it as a major mystery.

But yeah. As far as I can tell, I think Shado is out for the count.

mr. peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:15 AM   #10
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

To be honest, I actually found Shado's death to be somewhat tragic in a way.

I mean...she was basically killed in a similar manner to her father's death at the hands of Fryers...where they were both shot in the head.... and unlike her dad's death, she was basically executed.

Personally, I find being executed to be more traumatizing than being murdered on a whim, since when it comes to the latter option, you don't see it coming and before you realize it, you're already dead.

But with being executed, you know it's coming and you feel absolutely helpless to do anything about it.

You have Shado, who was basically an ass kicking and independent woman who could take care of herself....tied down and executed from behind with a gun shot to the head....probably believing that Oliver forsake her for Sara no less.

So yeah, I thought her death was well done..but in a very tragic way, and I'd hate for them to bring her back alive.

It's one thing if Merlyn and Slade are brought back from the supposed dead, but another thing with the likes of characters such as Tommy and Shado, where their deaths should serve to emotionally push Oliver forward.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #11
PaulRom
Side-Kick

It'd be pointless to bring her back. If she's in those episodes, it'll probably be flashbacks to events prior to the mid-season finale or even more hallucinations.

PaulRom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #12
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
To be honest, I actually found Shado's death to be somewhat tragic in a way.

I mean...she was basically killed in a similar manner to her father's death at the hands of Fryers...where they were both shot in the head.... and unlike her dad's death, she was basically executed.

Personally, I find being executed to be more traumatizing than being murdered on a whim, since when it comes to the latter option, you don't see it coming and before you realize it, you're already dead.

But with being executed, you know it's coming and you feel absolutely helpless to do anything about it.

You have Shado, who was basically an ass kicking and independent woman who could take care of herself....tied down and executed from behind with a gun shot to the head....probably believing that Oliver forsake her for Sara no less.

So yeah, I thought her death was well done..but in a very tragic way, and I'd hate for them to bring her back alive.

It's one thing if Merlyn and Slade are brought back from the supposed dead, but another thing with the likes of characters such as Tommy and Shado, where their deaths should serve to emotionally push Oliver forward.
The problem is that you have this supposedly ass-kicking woman reduced to being a damsel in distress and then killed off to cause the male character's angst. That's a long-standing unfortunate cliché in comics, and it's one of the most annoying ones to many people. Yeah, you tell us that these women are so awesome, but don't actually show us andthen kill them in pathetic ways. Shado's death was tragic, but only because these writers, who are doing a really good job, resorted to the lamest of all comic book clichés. Plus, the scene was just poorly done overall.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #13
DrRocket
Side-Kick

^ shado was never a damsel in distress, never. What's more is that this ivo guy isn't exactly sane and neither is his behaviour. The scene was well done IMO, and realistic.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #14
CK_ALL_DAY
Side-Kick

I think she's dead for good. If she does appear, it'll only be flashbacks of some sort.

CK_ALL_DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #15
regnak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRocket View Post
^ shado was never a damsel in distress, never. What's more is that this ivo guy isn't exactly sane and neither is his behaviour. The scene was well done IMO, and realistic.
She was a damsel in distress twice this season. First in the ep where Oliver killed somebody who had her and then when she died. Also she was held hostage in season 1 to keep Yao Fei in line.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #16
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Well, yeah she has. But, Ollie has been the damsel in distress a few times too. Shado wasn't the typical damsel in distress, but there were times that she was in that situation.

I don't think she's coming back. Slade did die...but technically he had been killed by mirakuru. Not by a bullet to the head.

One could maybe say that a universe with Ra's al Ghul means that the Lazarus Pits could be a potential player. But, the only time I think someone who'd been dead had been revived was only once.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #17
regnak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
Well, yeah she has. But, Ollie has been the damsel in distress a few times too. Shado wasn't the typical damsel in distress, but there were times that she was in that situation.
The point is that she deserved to die trying something rather than on her knees about to cry. Her ankles were not tied so she should have tried to back flip and kick Ivo or something like that. She could have still died but died fighting for her life.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #18
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

There was no way she was going to get out of that on her own. Weren't there another three guys with assault rifles, aside from Ivo holding the gun at her head? She might have also been thinking about Ollie, and how making a move could get him killed. But even then, I don't think she had a play to make. Make a move, and she'd still catch a bullet. There was the chance that Ollie could have said to kill Sara, too.

I don't think the way she died makes her weak, though. Or somehow less of a "warrior". I don't recall there being any window of opportunity to be taken by anyone in that situation. If Ollie is as skilled as he is in the present, and Sara is already trained by the League of Assassins...different story, probably. But, not everybody get to go out in a blaze a glory.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #19
Crimz
Side-Kick

Sadly she died like her father.

Crimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #20
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

You're right, I totally forgot about that. Sort of poetic, I guess. That his daughter is killed the same way, on the same island.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:11 AM   #21
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnak View Post
The point is that she deserved to die trying something rather than on her knees about to cry. Her ankles were not tied so she should have tried to back flip and kick Ivo or something like that. She could have still died but died fighting for her life.
I disagree. The point - at least, as far as the one the show's creators were trying to convey - is that Ivo is a cold-hearted murderer who the writers wanted the audience to dislike. The best way to do it would be to execute one of the heroes; to which Shado was the most disposable of the lot. Having Shado fight back and what not would have simply muddied the issue by making the death look potentially unintentional.

Now, you could then argue that this means the writers "fridged" her character. However, that would only be true if the writers specifically treated female characters like objects without doing the same with the male characters. Except we know this isn't the case from the way they discussed and decided on Tommy's death. Namely, that there was more story potential with him dead than with him alive.

In fact, I'd argue that having the writers spare and treat Shado differently on the basis of her gender would carry as much - if not more - unfortunate implications than simply killing her off the way the show did.

mr. peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #22
hopeless
Side-Kick

I was wondering how would you handle it if she did come back but was eventually revealed as someone who has undergone cosmetic surgery to resemble Shado as part of Slade's vendetta against Oliver?

So in effect trained to duplicate Shado but isn't actually her?

I recall Slade's wife became head of HIVE... is that accurate?

hopeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:35 AM   #23
the last son
Side-Kick

Once the lazurus pit was introduced I knew death wouldn't be apart of this show.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #24
mocomic
Philistian by choice

Ok
Regnak has inspired me
What if she tried something

Say she did last split second head jerk, gets a grazing wound, lots of blood and a concussion

If I remember it was dark out
We the audience and Ivo see what we expect to see

Did even see any blood?

Perhaps not entirely plausible, but somewhat

Remember Sara was dead too, we thought

Last edited by mocomic; 12-26-2013 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 12-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #25
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The problem is that you have this supposedly ass-kicking woman reduced to being a damsel in distress and then killed off to cause the male character's angst. That's a long-standing unfortunate cliché in comics, and it's one of the most annoying ones to many people. Yeah, you tell us that these women are so awesome, but don't actually show us andthen kill them in pathetic ways. Shado's death was tragic, but only because these writers, who are doing a really good job, resorted to the lamest of all comic book clichés. Plus, the scene was just poorly done overall.
Here here. Faux Action Girl in full effect. Arrow's been doing pretty well overall, but they dropped the ball on this one. Shado needed to die for the story, but she should have had a finish that focused on her, like Tommy did.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote