The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Books and Music

Old 11-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
Matt-M-McElroy

Default NaNoWriMo anyone?

Is anyone on these forums participating in National Novel Writing Month, otherwise known as NaNoWriMo?

If so, what are you working on? How is it going?

I'm working on a couple of freelance RPG supplements, so I'm not going to have time to get a novella done this year, still good writing time I guess.

Flames Rising has a NaNoWriMo Contest for those interested.

Regards,

Matt

Matt-M-McElroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
Baramos
Side-Kick

Default Re: NaNoWriMo anyone?

I tried it two years ago, wrote about 20,000 words in a few days and then proceeded to forget about it, unfortunately.

I have good ideas (or I think they are good ideas), but the act of physically sitting down and hashing them out is difficult for me. For one thing I have a hard time just typing it all out and going back and editing it--I get caught up in editing it as a I go so it sounds right. Apparently this is a no-no, you're supposed to just type the whole thing out for the most part and then go back and tweak it and change it.

I think if I try it again I'll try speaking into a recording device and then transcribing it later. That'll save me the problem of thinking as I type.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote